Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Sentinel + Marauder

TaitWatson

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric and the Dev team. I would like to know why are the combat/carnage stances being counted as a core ability while the other AC get there stances from trainers?

This was also seen in the infiltration/deception tree for madness. It seems like 6 of the 48 AC specs (assuming this is the same for guardians/juggernauts middle tree) are actually only getting three abilities while everyone else is getting 4.

Um taking out Deadly throw, we truly no longer have any range attack. Although doesn't do much damage but often enough to take an enemy out that is barely hanging on, and one could do so from a distance.

I am going to sit back and just watch and then wait for the complaints to roll in when this finally rolls out.

Perhaps i will be wrong. Only time will tell...

The thing that bugs me the most is your removal of crippling throw.. At least remove leg slash, and put the slow into crippling instead.. We like throwing lightsabers..!

Same here! I found it handy and also cool effect. Take something else but not this one! its a good supplement for the class and enables to do sometimes damage when you cant otherwise reach target.

I like a lot of the changes. The APM on Combat was a little high and I'm glad to see it come down. The change to Cauterize is good as well -- it always did feel a little odd to mix that in with the other specs and Combat certainly has enough buttons to hit already.

There are a few things that concern me though...

The change to Crippling Throw / Leg Slash -- specifically, the REMOVAL of Crippling Throw with the addition of its debuff to Leg Slash -- is the wrong way to handle the streamlining of those two abilities. Crippling Throw is a fantastic ability with a great animation that fills a very necessary gap in the PvP toolkit of Sentinels. It is a class with exceedingly few gap closers in a game with an overage of CC and knockback effects. Streamlining Crippling Throw into a melee-range ability, instead of vice versa, is going to make life even harder on a class that is already somewhat frustrating to PvP with.

Along those lines, I was sincerely hoping that Sentinels would receive a new defensive/mobility ability. The specs don't really need any more damage abilities, but getting into and -- more importantly -- OUT of fights is actually quite difficult for the class.

Oh, and giving an ability to Marauders that replaces Force Scream is really bad form. I say that as someone who doesn't even play on the Imperial side.

Looks like I need to get my Sentinel done before the end of the 12x XP event...

...so I can park it and be done with it.

These changes take an utterly fragile glass cannon (only when maxed out in gear) and neuters it to the point of irrelevancy.

Bioware, we get it. Really, we do. You don't want Jedi and Sith to be as powerful as they were in the movies/cartoons/books/etc. But for crying out loud, stop cutting our legs off from under us! :mad:

What this AC needed was some defensive boosts. /shake head

Well, I definitely have some reservations about the changes, like everyone else. This will change the core rotations of all 3 specs quite significantly. But I think I'd like to playtest these for myself before I start with the doom and gloom hype.

Also, props to the devs for realising the overall uselessness of riposte, and for combining crippling throw and leg slash. Very good ideas here.

Shame they chose the wrong ability to keep around, however. Crippling throw's appeal far outweighs that of leg slash since, as was already pointed out, it's usefulness is against enemies who are *already out of melee range*.

Looking forward to the discipline preview on Dulfy after the livestream to see what new passives are there, and if they make up for any of the changes shown in this preview.

i agree. i still cant wait to try it out., but i would have rather crippling throw be the root choice. it is more fun to use and a ranged ability to root would be more useful.

my main is Annihilation = happy with the new dot to use. cant wait to try it.

Carnage = sounds like it has been simplified a little, which is fine as long as it is still effective/fun to play. (we shall see)

Fury = much needed single target add. I love that they addressed this to make it more useful for boss fights.

so my main class my combat sent that i started from release 2 years ago is basically getting the shaft AGAIN while everyone else is getting a buff? Just watch Guardians are going to get a buff so they are better and we sent got squat, sounds really fair bioware.... /golfclap.

someone please remind me why even sub to this POS wow clone game?

thanks for nothing after the last 2 years bioware you REALLY outdid yourself this time, you don't deserve any more money. if you can't think of some REALLY GOOD compensation for all your stupid background politics such as this

Edited by Mrdann

I was leveled up a Mara and honestly don't think I even want to anymore. I play a lot of PVP and seems like they got a major nerf. Seriously if they nerf my Jugg I'm done with this game. Might as well make it an all ranged class game. They already have a clear advantage and take overall less skill to compete with in PVP. Maras are heavily focused because they are melee so they should be much more mobile. PVP is going to become 1 giant WZ of lightning shooting everywhere. Way to go...

Bioware, it's pretty apparent that the player feedback on the outline changes should be considered. Compared to the other threads on other classes I'd say this is significantly more negative because the proposed class changes are not good.

Does Bioware feel that Sentinels/Marauders have too much uptime on the target in PvP?

Are you testing the PTS right now? are you in closed testing?

These changes are anecdotal, they don't tell you the cooldown, the way some procs may have changed, the damage things do, etc. Until you have actually sat down and played it, how can you possibly know whether or not the class got actually nerfed?

Stop whining, wait.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Are you testing the PTS right now? are you in closed testing?

These changes are anecdotal, they don't tell you the cooldown, the way some procs may have changed, the damage things do, etc. Until you have actually sat down and played it, how can you possibly know whether or not the class got actually nerfed?

Stop whining, wait.

Do you pay for my account? will whine till the cows come home if we feel like it. address the changes or don't address the changes. clearly you have no intention of having providing anything fruitful to the conversation here.

1st} i would like to point out that BW don't give a rat poop about Qol changes FACT.

2nd} why in god names would you put gore on the GCD?? GG on nerfing the burst window for a bust spec!!..gore isn't about the initial damage it provide {so buffing the damage on a already weak damage skill isn't going to make me jump out my chair and praise the lord}. its all about the armor pen combine with other hard hitting ability like ravage and scream FACT.

3rd} no one, i mean absolutely no one use crippling slash over deadly throw FACT. crippling slash is a stupid and clunky ability...everything that's been added to crippling slash should of been added to deadly throw..not the other way around..Rip pvp maras:mad::(

4th}sweeping slash really? another useless ability get a buff, that no one use..& to the guy who said people use it during ads phase on a boss fight...get real dude, no one! i mean absolutely no one use sweeping slash during a boss fight FACT..and that will remain so, even with a damage increase buff...i thought that was obvious? no one put points into decimate when spec as carnage or anni FACT.

5th} why remove rupture as a baseline skill for marauders? when its use in everyone rotation as a dot/filler and a good filler mind you. So, what ability did carnage marauder gain from the loss of Rupture? Devastating blast is a replacement for force scream, so I don't consider that as a replacement for Rupture

6th} GG for putting in a replacement ability for force scream on carnage maras..:rolleyes:

also i hope they don't try to boast about marauders getting a cleanse as the big new ability, because finally giving it to us when we should of already had it on force camo isn't the end all be all for me..

im disappointed with "most" of these changes when compared to the other classes so far, and i main a marauder

Anni "looks" like it will be in a good place..although i'm a bit torn by the lost of our proc :(

Edited by Lt-Snake

Can we please get a BW dev tell us if it has been the plan to nerf the Marauder into extinction. If this is the plan I may not agree with it but hell I would understand these changes at least. As it is this just seems a sick joke on anyone that plays one.

I allready have a mar and jug, I will make one more... I enjoy them... But most of my toons are humans, so shall I make a miraluka or a twilek? I have to unlock the races, I havent... so I can choose one now.. Edited by Oyranos

I've never been so disappointed over class changes in all my time playing MMOs.

As a carnage marauder Im losing 3 abilites and what seems to be a lot of my anti kiting ability a 4m slow wheri have to waste 3 seconds to get a roots for 3 seconds. I've already been knocked back stunned or rooted/slowed myself a 4m slow doesn't help me.

If My favorite class and spec are going to be nerfed into being a frustrating mess in pvp - not sure I'll want to play this game anymore. I'll wait and see since I've already pre ordered but everything I read looks aweful for carnage

Removing the saber throw is a REALLY BAD MOVE.

Playing this class since Beta I could see a lot of changes you made on this AC, this is the worst, being honest with you devs. Even making Smash/Sweep requiring a target is worse than this.

PVE: Interesting changes, I don't like the fact Anni will have a new dot and I'm REALLY sad you're removing the proc sounds. Love it on my female mara "WAAAAAHHHH". Gore on the GCD is a bad move, for PVE is acceptable.

PVP: The easiest class to be controled, if you play a marauder you spend 40% of the match stunned.

Annihilation - more dots? Useless.

Carnage - People learned how to counter Gore, will be IMPOSSIBLE to use your full gore window, only if someone stuns the target for you.

Fury - Single target? Please don't come buff that sweeping slash to the sky and making Smash useless.

Also, on another source I could read Warrior/Knight was gaining a 4sec stun... Can't post here the source but it's red ditto!