Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Sentinel + Marauder

TaitWatson

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so dissapointed, you can't even imagine. It's so obvious how other classes been well adjusted to counter your in-game balance, the one who never existed, and I can't see you at all understanding PvP enviroment at BioWare Austin. Marauders are staying the same, but with retard changes like the removal of the 10 meter cripple root in carnage. Instead you let us only root at 4m range with a free Leg Slash, if you use it on a target which you already leg slashed once. This is PvP we are talking about, who the hell wanna spam 2 leg slash in a row for a quick root?

And what the hell, you actually replaced smash now when we encounter 1v1-situations with an entirely new ability (prbably stronger single target). You actually nerfed Focus/Rage so much you broke the entire spec and now decided to make it more single target-specish, because I can't imagine you gave us back autocrit on several targets, nor 25% HP-loss Undying/Guarded by the Force-skill, nor the singularity/shockwave gain on force choke.

And for PvP, when burst is what we need as the easiest melee-class to counter you chose to put precision slash/gore on GCD.

QQ.

Edited by SirMannii

Lolololol gore on a gcd? retaliation a waste of rage? no more deadly throw or rupture? any chance a mar had to keep a kiting opponent is now gone, any chance a mar had to bleed a stealthie out is now gone, gore will no longer be a quick inbetween combo carrier, its now its own lame *** attack. Retaliation is one of the mars best combo skills, even if it did 2k tops its the fact that you can fit attacks together faster with it that counts. Do you idiots know your own game?!?!? You guys seriously just ruined the fast paced hardcore gameplay. Seriously, this by far makes the class the worst in the game. I've played this game for a longgggg time but this does it for me. im outtttt kiss my sub goodbye. I want a real explanation from a dev. Edited by Kuuroh

Lolololol gore on a gcd? retaliation a waste of rage? no more deadly throw or rupture? any chance a mar had to keep a kiting opponent is now gone, any chance a mar had to bleed a stealthie out is now gone, gore will no longer be a quick inbetween combo carrier, its now its own lame *** attack. Retaliation is one of the mars best combo skills, even if it did 2k tops its the fact that you can fit attacks together faster with it that counts. Do you idiots know your own game?!?!? You guys seriously just ruined the fast paced hardcore gameplay. Seriously, this by far makes the class the worst in the game. I've played this game for a longgggg time but this does it for me. im outtttt kiss my sub goodbye. I want a real explanation from a dev.

^This. I've played my carnage marauder since launch and very rarely complained about any of the changes.. but this... this... this is a game breaker. Retaliation is perfect and I use it ALL the time, Im so sorry people who don't know how to play their marauder run out of rage, but I don't have that issue. Gore is so necessary for burst, which is the whole point of carnage, and is now useless. Deadly Throw is critical to my survival in warzones. Rupture is such a great filler in between CDs. 90% of my time spent in-game is in warzones. My marauder is the only reason I continue to pay for the game. All of these changes, plus the increased time on interrupts... and he's USELESS. Unplayable in warzones. Especially considering all the other classes can now channel while moving etc. BW.. I am so so very disgusted.

All of these changes seem pretty terrible for the most part so far, but I'm going to bring up another point I think everyone has missed so far.

Our melee slow, 4m range now, last 12 seconds... but it's a physical DOT... correct me if I'm wrong, but that leads me to believe it could be easily cleansed.... So... we may as well not have a slow anyway??

Gore on gcd, Deadly throw is gone, Rupture for juyo form only. Retaliation is gone. 2x crippling slash for only root? Not even five years old kids find this idea in theirs minds.

Remember that famous bounty hunter mind trick scene: what a complete idi... you are.. pvp team.

As one person said above.. just remove wz queue button from marauder/sentinel interface.

Do you remember when the first info about the class changes were shown (for sage/sorc) and people were like RIP melee classes? Then bunch of MMO professors said wait until we see the melee changes.

So how do you like the melee changes, dear MMO professors?

Btw the guardian changes will be in the same pathetic manner.

They also get another skill that allows them to spread some of their burning effects to targets damaged by their Force Sweep, as long as one of the targets damaged by Force Sweep is already suffering from those burning effects.
Thanks for getting this back in! I've been waiting for this ability to return since beta (it was my favorite ability then). I hope it will make Watchman a viable AOE damage dealer and truly useful off-healer in all situations again! :) Edited by Glzmo

1st} i would like to point out that BW don't give a rat poop about Qol changes FACT.

2nd} why in god names would you put gore on the GCD?? GG on nerfing the burst window for a bust spec!!..gore isn't about the initial damage it provide {so buffing the damage on a already weak damage skill isn't going to make me jump out my chair and praise the lord}. its all about the armor pen combine with other hard hitting ability like ravage and scream FACT.

3rd} no one, i mean absolutely no one use crippling slash over deadly throw FACT. crippling slash is a stupid and clunky ability...everything that's been added to crippling slash should of been added to deadly throw..not the other way around..Rip pvp maras:mad::(

4th}sweeping slash really? another useless ability get a buff, that no one use..& to the guy who said people use it during ads phase on a boss fight...get real dude, no one! i mean absolutely no one use sweeping slash during a boss fight FACT..and that will remain so, even with a damage increase buff...i thought that was obvious? no one put points into decimate when spec as carnage or anni FACT.

5th} why remove rupture as a baseline skill for marauders? when its use in everyone rotation as a dot/filler and a good filler mind you. So, what ability did carnage marauder gain from the loss of Rupture? Devastating blast is a replacement for force scream, so I don't consider that as a replacement for Rupture

6th} GG for putting in a replacement ability for force scream on carnage maras..:rolleyes:

also i hope they don't try to boast about marauders getting a cleanse as the big new ability, because finally giving it to us when we should of already had it on force camo isn't the end all be all for me..

im disappointed with "most" of these changes when compared to the other classes so far, and i main a marauder

Anni "looks" like it will be in a good place..although i'm a bit torn by the lost of our proc :(

I agree 10000000000 percent it almost seems like people were complaining about crippling throw in pvp for them to do this

Edited by onebuffyfan

The thing that bugs me the most is your removal of crippling throw.. At least remove leg slash, and put the slow into crippling instead.. We like throwing lightsabers..!

Sentinels have very few ranged abilities, when you are being pushed back and kitted you need something to throw imo this change is not good

I agree with the OP, put the slow into crippling throw and remove leg slash

Do you remember when the first info about the class changes were shown (for sage/sorc) and people were like RIP melee classes? Then bunch of MMO professors said wait until we see the melee changes.

So how do you like the melee changes, dear MMO professors?

Btw the guardian changes will be in the same pathetic manner.

Well Power Techs and Vanguards (lol 75% 10 sec HTL and 40 meter harpoon) will be literally melting faces, and Guardians and Juggernauts will be fine so long as FD/ED exists.

But yes, it looks like Sentinels and Marauders are going to get kited to heck.

Edited by Master-Nala

And what the hell, you actually replaced smash now when we encounter 1v1-situations with an entirely new ability (prbably stronger single target). You actually nerfed Focus/Rage so much you broke the entire spec and now decided to make it more single target-specish, because I can't imagine you gave us back autocrit on several targets

This point is wrong. Smash is going back to its old self. So Smash will be affected by Shockwave and Decimate. What they did was nerfing the hell out of Shockwave(from 99.99% boost to 15%) and gave it a new name. And Raging Burst will do quite a bit more damage than Smash and also use Destruction and Decimate. So Rage is still a strong AoE spec but more in line with other spec such as Lightning and Madness. And it gain a good single target DPS with a new 10m ability.

It is sooooo pathetic that devs ignore us maras,specially the carnage maras.its even worse that they clearly have no idea what makes the spec work in a pvp,something made clear of them by finding a good idea to remove our long range root,adding it to a melee ability that has to be used twice (2 gcd root aka 3 sec cast lmao ) and in their infinite wisdom they give gore a gcd. If they had ever logged a mara in a pvp they would know how much we get kitted and they wouldnt mess with that, neither would they ignore the simple fact that while all classes get more mobility,we get the shaft and loose a root to be replaced with a 2gcd melee ability (and no extra mobility). dear BW ,you have no idea what u are doing or how THE CLASS WORKS.And still u ignore us who actually spend time with this class,and when we try to explain.... we get a reply like "we feel we spent enough time on this class now we will work on sages" like on the forum thread about the gore proc changes.

Ofcourse all the other classes need to get buffed,guardians/juggs need more self heal since enrage defence only makes us to have to kill him twice,maras cant get healed when activating undiyng rage when other class with similar ability retains healing received,landing a ravage is worthy of popping a bubbly while guardians spam it uninterupted after charging,omg r u even remotelly related to pvp ???

rupture removed ???????Are u aware that in most occasions we need a dot to handle a fight with a stealther?ofcourse not,u dont know how to play a mara in attaru,so u didnt thought that against a stealther,a dot is usefull to interupt his stealth (if abilities eg force shroud is on cd).anni gets access to brooding,and carnage looses rupture?

Don't u find it strange that eg,the sage thread created on 11.13.2014 has 5 pages,and mara thread,in 1 day has twice pages and counting?no?nothing?message not clear enough ?

go ahead,why not remove attaru form,let the maras only have access to two specs.

Thnk you for ignoring us again and not having any shred of respect for us.

Edited by xvlasis

I do hope Bioware have picked up on the 'tone' of this thread; I think the announcement threads for the other classes were much more positive. Certainly I feel much happier with the changes to other classes even if, for some (PT Shieldtech), I'm only really getting a replacement ability/animation. The changes to Sentinel, and Combat especially (although I am obviously biased on that!), seem to be a step back - although the Ataru procs on Cyclone Slash, if combined with a +25% utility like the other classes get, could make for a reasonable 55 - 60 levelling skill.

Will wait for final playtesting I guess, 'cos I've seen some of the currently "secret" info so I know we do get some extra snare tools, but at the cost of utility points that could've gone into 'new' stuff. This latter point seems a further issues for Combat; you have to spend all your utility points to get back to *some* of the utility we have now, leaving nothing for any cool new toys. Meanwhile, Guardian gets some nice utilities;

3s root on their (30m!) throw, 0.5s GCD for their AOE snare, etc.

Also, I'm wondering if people are reading too much into the Camouflage cleanse, or if I've simply misunderstood. Are people thinking this is a DoT cleanse? The ability reads "Force Camouflage removes all cleansable effects when activated." ... but DoTs are no-longer cleansable! They are 'purgeable' but that only relates to Force Shroud/Evasion stuff. What is now cleansable is CC; roots, snares, stuns - although the latter is moot as you can't activate Force Camouflage while stunned. It seems to me the ability is the same as is currently available to Combat, that is removing all movement-impairing effects, but now it's a utility available to all 3 disciplines.

I'm extremely disappointed with the carnage changes. Some say we don't know the numbers, or how good it'll be. But even without the numbers you can see that the play style will change and for the worse. I don't care if carnage will be the highest parsing dps spec in the game.

Gore on GCD will mean it will be more a "linear", like vengeance where you just go on with your rotation. Carnage was a spec where things were happening simultaneously.That is why retaliation is a loss. When you lined up Vicious Throw (with delayed damage after getting gore buff), gore, Force Scream, retaliation + ataru procs you could get a nice burst. In PVP sometimes you have excessive force from being attacked, or your target dying early etc. You had to have a few things come together so it wasn't OP, but when things aligned you could get a surprise kill on a healer for example.

Losing cauterize, crippling throw, retaliation, off gcd gore will mean much less decisionmaking, less fun. Not to mention losing utilities, carnage will be a shadow of its former self.

Sadly I'm sure at this point BW won't change their mind and change the spec something closer to its current form, they will just go forward expecting players to slowly forget about the old carnage.

I have all the classes, I'm sure I'll find a few fun spec to play in 3.0, but this change seriously diminished my excitement for the expansion. I don't just want high dps, I want to keep playing carnage not some different spec named carnage. :(

Deadly Throw has been removed from the game, but the healing received debuff it provided has been rolled into Crippling Slash

I'm not sure I've ever used Crippling Slash, I have no use for it. Deadly Throw on the other hand is useful because of it's extra range. Looks like we're getting screwed over here. :(

Devastating Blast: Unleashes a powerful blast of Force energy at the target, dealing energy damage. The blast stuns standard and weak enemies for 5 seconds. Shares a cooldown with Force Scream.

Force Scream is by far the most awesome animation/sound on my Carnage Marauder.

If the replacement isn't reusing the same animation then what you replace it with better be really *********** epic or I'm gonna be so cross. :mad:

Looks like I need to get my Sentinel done before the end of the 12x XP event...

...so I can park it and be done with it.

These changes take an utterly fragile glass cannon (only when maxed out in gear) and neuters it to the point of irrelevancy.

Bioware, we get it. Really, we do. You don't want Jedi and Sith to be as powerful as they were in the movies/cartoons/books/etc. But for crying out loud, stop cutting our legs off from under us! :mad:

What this AC needed was some defensive boosts. /shake head

Wow, you are really overreacting. You haven't even seen what the utilities and other skills the marauders can get yet. How about being patient and seeing the full changes before saying a class is irrelevant.

Wow, you are really overreacting. You haven't even seen what the utilities and other skills the marauders can get yet. How about being patient and seeing the full changes before saying a class is irrelevant.

Utilities and skill have been datamine since a month ago, the rest of this stuff is just as bad as it seems.

we are 2 week before 3.0, it take time to balance and create new skills and utilities so it is not irrelevant to say that marrauders and sentinels will be the worst class for pvp when 3.0 will be realeased.

whats the point to play marrauders / sentinels when jugg/gardian can do the same with an immune cc 4 sec after jump, more defensive cooldown and heal cd's....

I have to say, the more I thought about this last night, the more I have to agree with the main argument. Being knocked back, stunned and/or rooted with very few tools to counter sounds frustrating already. Having to use leg slash is kind of a bummer, its NOT a fun ability to use. Having to use it TWICE is brutal. I am going to watch the stream to hear the explanation, but I will be sad if I hear "We felt the marauder didn't need .......".

My suggestion would be to AT LEAST get rid of 2x leg slash, and use 1x Deadly Throw as the buff and root. It's more fun to use, and the range is what is needed to stop someone from getting away or kiting. This makes more sense and I think most people would agree.