Game Update 3.0 Class Changes: Sentinel + Marauder

TaitWatson

This isnt true, Carnage had the lead in dps (parses reported to torparse) on 8/10 of dread fortress and Dread palace before the more recent buffs to annihilation. So there was a point when it was better 8/10 times than anni. As far as PVP goes, on average, carnage is higher, mostly cause no one knows how to play anni in pvp... and it has been like this since around 1.2 (when gore was taken off GCD and other buffs).

I dont like Gore on GCD, any player worth a crap will be able to spot that and stun/mez. There are even programs out there that detect buffs or debuffs on a target and make a sound to notify the player (this is cheating) and make it stupid easy to deny any and all gore windows from a player. Retaliate and repostile are very usefull in PVP, as they do not miss, ever. They also are free burst dps in a gore window, or when not stunned (50% of the time).

i was reffering to dummy parses

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u r overthinking the changes,and by that i mean do not try to understand them,the changes are made by people who dont know how to play the class,thus making no sense.

What makes me wonder a little,is how come people havent said about the use/removal of rapture,not as dps but as a tool against stealthers.Also,devs and BW seem to forget that lots of people play with more than 60 ms,combined with the games skill lag,gore getting a gcd.....is a long spiked shaft handed to us

In any case,we are gonna be ignored again,as usually,since maras and carnage users apparently are considered lesser people by the devs.

And having twice the threads in one day( compared with other classes older info threads) with complaints about these retarted changes,is not enough for the devs to get the message that they messed up.

i agree that the removal of rupture as a base line skill for marauder is a very bad idea, now we have 0 ability to use as a deterrent to keep stealthers from going back into stealth. and the dev have the nerve to claim they have something to make up for the lost of that ability, so far i haven't seen anything that replace rupture as a DOT for carnage/fury...and its also hypocritical to let sorc keep their affliction as base line skill and remove our equivalent i.e Rupture.

Edited by Lt-Snake

Terrible changes, pretty much across the board for PvP Mara/Sents. The only good thing in that list was the Force Camo self-cleanse. The rest is pitiful. By the looks of things, Mara/Sents will still be solid in PvE, but you might as well consign them to the PvP scrap heap. These changes are a disaster.

I think changes are terrible for PvP mostly. I thought we would get something more, it's hard enough against ranged these days. As Powertech or Assassin you have so much more things to counter their roots and kiting with. But then again, I still think Sentinel/Marauders are doing more than fine when matchmaking is balanced. Too bad matchmaking doesn't allow Marauders to do their thing as often as other classes only because fotm right now is Marauders nemesis class, or counter class. Can it be madness? :rolleyes: I'm not sure, but one thing is for sure though, and it's the fact Sentinels/Marauders are the easiest class to counter today as ranged or fotm healer which has always been Scoundrel/Operative. This will continue to be the fact when 3.0 hits. :(

Also, I don't quite understand the self-cleanse thing with Force Camo. No dots can be cleansed, right? So is Force Camo now a sort of break from CC or Stun?

I wonder,are devs even reading this,are they even aware of how badly they are meesing messing marauders?Any official response?

at 21 of november,there is the twitch live stream for maras,everyone,when they start taking questions,bomb them with all these problems they are creating,might be the only way that we might get an official responce,but try to be clear and simple since they have no idea about mara skils and tacts. (in their case they might stop talking about maras and say more things about sorcs,after alll seems bw and devs consider us of lesser importance)

Edited by xvlasis

before the start of a warzone an other class player had complained about us: "sents again! it is not personal but sents are so gimp man."

he was right, because sents are too hard to play. You guys are trying to balance the roles but ignoring the balance-in-role. With this changes you nerf a nerfed weak class. bravo!...

Edited by erdems

Also, I don't quite understand the self-cleanse thing with Force Camo. No dots can be cleansed, right? So is Force Camo now a sort of break from CC or Stun?

To my understanding,force camo cleanse is more of a pve utility,as dots can only be cleansed in pve.In pvp it will pretty much have the effects that it has now.But predation will now break roots and slows so thats the utility that we will pick for pvp,as it will also increase predation speed.

Edited by giorgo

Lmao so someone on imp DK chat said for marauders santinal 3.1 pach that "they were going to tie us to a chair and make us watch while they analy raped our mothers during a huttball match" now that was over the top i am not condoning what the individual said but i did get a good laugh out of it what an angry guy.

personaly i have all classes available,but my mara was my first,so i consider him my main.This means if i wann go OP i ll just pvp with my jugg or assassin.Thing is, i wanna be able to pvp with my mara and not be mocked by the other classes and the devs.Since as it has been made clear to us,maras are ignored by the devs and cannot be comprehend by them,the only thing we can do to make them hear us is to cansel our subs as a statement.Our opinion is ignored on a forum,but it wont be ignored if it reaches the games wallets and pockets.

The lack of an official response in this thread is typical of the poor community management that there is in this game. It's plain to see what people think of these changes yet the devs and community managers remain silent. Whilst I understand that there will be a stream later this week, (hopefully) explaining some of the decisions that have been made, it's poor form for the devs not to reply at all in here.

As for what I think of the changes:

Musco was very keen to point out in the previous class changes streams that every class so far has had something that people have thought of as OP. There isn't a single change here that seems remotely exciting. Coming from a purely PvP view point, it seems that Combat is being destroyed. Locking people out of their precision slash windows is already common enough but at least you're pretty much guaranteed to get your first hit in. Putting PS on the GCD is a horrible change and makes it even easier to lock sents out of their burst windows. You can't even put a reposte in straight away to guarantee some damage during PS, as it's been removed.

Cyclone slash... The only reason I use that is to build centering with any spare focus. Unless the damage buff is insane I find it very difficult to believe people will want to use it during a fight.

To be honest the Watchman changes seem pretty decent. Nothing to complain about there. I just really hope it doesn't change the way the spec feels as it really flows atm and I love playing it.

The Concentration changes seem ok. Interesting that there's no mention of whether Focused Burst will actually get to apply it's buffs when it hits secondary targets in PvP. This seems like it will be fairly essential to whether it's worth playing Concentration in competitive PvP.

Then there's the most poorly thought through change I have seen. At the moment Sentinels have issues dealing with the amount of roots and kiting tools other classes have. So your solution is to take away a 10m ability and put its effects onto a 4m ability that no one uses??? Seriously? :rak_02:

Obviously we've yet to try out these changes, but from looking at them on paper nothing excites me at all. The cleanse on Force Camo is a QoL change that hasn't even been properly explained. From my understanding dots are do longer cleansable but stuns/mezzes are. Does this mean Force Camo will act as a cc breaker? But won't remove any dots?

Not happy about these changes and the lack of official response in a thread full of unhappy customers is simply poor.

The lack of an official response in this thread is typical of the poor community management that there is in this game. It's plain to see what people think of these changes yet the devs and community managers remain silent.

^This

.... Since as it has been made clear to us,maras are ignored by the devs and cannot be comprehend by them,the only thing we can do to make them hear us is to cansel our subs as a statement.Our opinion is ignored on a forum,but it wont be ignored if it reaches the games wallets and pockets.

May be we should, i am just waiting for 2 December to see the facts more clear.

Edited by erdems

I am not impressed.

Annihilation (the spec i play) might be stay as it is with some improvements, but Carnage ... oh my god, did it deserve so many nerfs?

only from a pvp perspective, a Marauder was already very hard to play and NOT competitive. Now you take away most of the utilities and one VERY important pvp-skill, deadly throw?! What drugs did you take?

a Carnage Marauder needs to stay on target AND burst. When we need to fill in a low damage skill to SLOW a target and need to take a heroic utility to make it root the SECOND time you apply it, what kind of damage do you devs think a burst spec like a Carnage Marauder will do? Stay on target doing zero damage? yeah...

you nerfed that class so much in the past (hello undying rage now called dying rage) it did need an improvement and not another nerf. Dont forget, you boosted other already strong classes (assassin immune to CC while saber ward....) and nerfed a PvP-weak class???

Devs, think about it. And play that class in PvP ... you will find out the same as ALL the People here tell you.

lol GG BW! Can't wait to run around waving my light swords like an ******e looking for those 2x leg slashes.

When was the last time you guys queued Combat in PVP? Do you guys ever check up on or consider meta?

so when's the Jugg/Guardian blog coming up?

inb4: E.D. now inflicts Crushing Darkness on all attackers and slows them for 70%.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I can't add too much to the discussion that hasn't been said...but I was watching the trailers to the game last night for old time's sake and want to point out that Master Kao Cen Darach uses crippling throw to stop Malgus' attack on Satele Shan, not a leg slash...Just sayin' looks to be an integral part of the game. Granted its just cinema and doesn't represent game play, but as sub whose main is a 55 Sent, I'm a bit disappointed :( to see this go just from the player immersion point of view.

I can't add too much to the discussion that hasn't been said...but I was watching the trailers to the game last night for old time's sake and want to point out that Master Kao Cen Darach uses crippling throw to stop Malgus' attack on Satele Shan, not a leg slash...Just sayin' looks to be an integral part of the game. Granted its just cinema and doesn't represent game play, but as sub whose main is a 55 Sent, I'm a bit disappointed :( to see this go just from the player immersion point of view.

In fact he use a Saber Throw ;) Cripling Throw is done with the offhand. Master Kao Cen Darach was wielding only a single lightsaber. ;)

The changes seem terribad, an already not very strong class in pvp is going to get retired as it won't have the tools to control& stay in range of target and will lack the burst to do anything of significance in the narrow timeframe of being in mellee range.

I read that jugg/guard will have an utility that'll allow them to boost ally speed when activating chilling scream(another utility makes this ability free to activate); if so, why even keep predation when it comes at a serious dps cost.

Making predation purge movement impair on activation(utility) is again useless, won't help marauders even a bit unless u change it so that they'll be immune for the whole duration of predation like jugg will have during endure pain (utility).

Who do you think will even bother to put a point into the 'heroic' abiity of rooting enemy on 2nd leg slash cast? Who will waste the time to cast it?

could go on, but whatever... much has already been said, it looks as if you never play this class :(

my 0.02$ :p

Edited by Mister_Ewing