Please Consider Adding a Solo Version of Forged Alliances

DomiSotto

Right.. That makes it fair. You want the story and ability to interact with it on your run = that's exactly what you get. You want challenging content with the associated rewards = that's what you get in a FP set-up.

In a game as it is now, levelling story content comes with far less of a reward than the hard missions that require grouping and risking your toon a great deal. This is exactly the same. :)

I am very happy with this.That's exactly what I have asked for.

Your logic makes absolutely no sense . and you keep making the same point just reworded.

All rewards should be tied to the normal level of the game so they are available to ALL players. the same as all content.

Saying that only hard mode people should get the best rewards is elitist and discriminatory.

Hard mode is an "option" of the game not a requirement. if you want a "challenge" its there for you but it does not make someone any "better" than a normal player .

If you are just doing it for the "challenge" why do you need to be rewarded for that ?

The "challenge" should be its own reward i agree some achievement or trophy would be relevant but thats all.

Edited by _NovaBlast_

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not care what Wikipedia says of what an MMO is defined as. The fact remains that while I am happy for you guys that want more soloable things, a line must be drawn at operations. If you make this soloable it will send a nasty message to the hardcore raiders and pretty much invalidate all their hard work. So again glad there will be some soloable instances but not in a million years should Ops be soloable. Period.

That is and will be exclusive to groups only.

I don't think it would "invalidate all their hard work" so long as the rewards for completing such an operation solo (I don't see how they could implement this but still) are nowhere close to the rewards for Ops groups (maybe planetary comms at best?). After all, "hardcore" raiders don't really play Ops for the story but for the loot and the comms.

Why even call it an MMO anymore? Hell why bother being online at all? Lets just shut down the servers and turn this into a single player game!

This is pretty sickening, and the applause following this post is even more sickening. First tacticals then this? At least tacticals still needed you to be in a group. This is just a joke. Whats the point of this game being an MMO? I guess this is attributed to the games population itself sadly struggling due to BW's incompetence though.

Blah, blah, blah.

Shuddup already.

Remember when they said this was like KOTOR 3, 4, 5 , etc.

Well some of us want to play it that way.

Get over it! You can still go play with your buddies if you want to. I won't complain that you want to go play with your friends. No stop being so shocked that some of us prefer to play alone.

Blah, blah, blah.

Shuddup already.

Remember when they said this was like KOTOR 3, 4, 5 , etc.

Well some of us want to play it that way.

Get over it! You can still go play with your buddies if you want to. I won't complain that you want to go play with your friends. No stop being so shocked that some of us prefer to play alone.

KOTOR 3-10 are the class missions, that can easily be soloed

The game is an MMO, so you have to expect it is going to put you in situations where you deal with other people. Are people acting like r-tards sometimes? Sure. But running through Forged Alliances with group finder group is not that problematic. Just say you are there for the first time, turn of the chat, and go.

Interestingly, I don't remember that anybody complained about lacking any sort of backstory when Section X and Oricon happened, even though it was story arc that was told mostly through Group Content (KP, EC, TfB,SaV.DF,DP)

Edited by Aries_cz

Why even call it an MMO anymore? Hell why bother being online at all? Lets just shut down the servers and turn this into a single player game!

This is pretty sickening, and the applause following this post is even more sickening. First tacticals then this? At least tacticals still needed you to be in a group. This is just a joke. Whats the point of this game being an MMO? I guess this is attributed to the games population itself sadly struggling due to BW's incompetence though.

I'm going to agree with Raansu's sentiment, although in a less hostile way. I understand they wish for the Forged alliances arc to be accessible, there are other ways to do this that still retain the group environment that is a staple of endgame.

I feel that they would have been better served if they had made it so the FPs could be done anywhere between 50 and 60.

If that's the case then you're also saying they should make Karragas Palace and Explosive Conflict solo friendly as its critically tied to ROTHC.

This is an mmo and people should be grouping up more at the end game level

So the issue with my argument is that we don't know exactly what the story for 3.0 will look like.

But to me KP and EC are similar to the side quests on a planet. There is a cool story there and it adds to the story. But I would say they are not critical to the story as a whole.

In comparison (depending on how the 3.0 storyline folds out). The Forged Alliances storyliine feels like it would be a critical part of the storyline. Possibly even the first few quests in the quest chain for the storyline.

I would love to be able to solo these fp's or experience the story as Eric doesn't actually say you can play through them solo...

But then I hope they do the same for the conclusion of the Oricon storyline and with the new Revan storyline though i expect the ending of the Revan arc to be an operation.

I disagree with this personally, if most of the story are solo quests and tactical fp's then don't gate the ending in an operation.

just my opinion.

So the issue with my argument is that we don't know exactly what the story for 3.0 will look like.

But to me KP and EC are similar to the side quests on a planet. There is a cool story there and it adds to the story. But I would say they are not critical to the story as a whole.

In comparison (depending on how the 3.0 storyline folds out). The Forged Alliances storyliine feels like it would be a critical part of the storyline. Possibly even the first few quests in the quest chain for the storyline.

KP, EC, TfB and SaV all concern themselves with Dread Masters, and introduces them and their servants, just like FA do for SOR.

If you are playing as Republic, KP is where you hear about them of the first time, and in EC you get to meet them for the first time.

SaV is especially critical in this manner, as it directly ties in to Oricon and basically is the reason why it all happens.

When Dread Masters felt the death of their brother on Darvannis, they realized their ultimate goal is to not sow fear, but to wreak death and destruction, and ultimately die themselves

Posts like this that imply that flashpoints are the only way to have co-operative gameplay and PVP is the only way to have competitive gameplay sicken me.

The whole way the post was written compare this post to thiers . Specifically these comments.

Lets see who is the selfish one

My View and the definition I used offers - Freedom of choice for everyone _ people who want to solo can people who want to group have that option to . I believe people risk their lives everyday fighting for freedom. Thank you to anyone who serves you are honored.

Opposing views and definition - People are forced to engage in a practices they do not choose of their own free will. Either miss out on the story or group . that is a form dictatorship. not as serious as do what i say or die but still the same basic principle.

The is a difference between opposing an argument and being a troll i think i have just proven that .

Look Undead and I rarely agree in these forums but one thing he is not is a troll. Like you he has opinions and whether or not I or anyone agrees with him is one thing but calling someone a troll just because someone doesn't like their opinions is a bit unfair and rude.

We have disagreed over the comms, as I would have like the ability to use my comms for my boyfriend who gets to play very rarely and he disagreed but I respected his opinion like he did mine. Not once did either of us think about calling anyone a troll for a different opinion.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

This is really cool. This shows just how much BW cares about the player base.

Well done BW!!

I'm very glad to hear about this decision too!

Thanks Eric! And Domi for asking! And most of all the devs for doing all the hard work it takes to make it a reality! :D

Look Undead and I rarely agree in these forums but one thing he is not is a troll. Like you he has opinions and whether or not I or anyone agrees with him is one thing but calling someone a troll just because someone doesn't like their opinions is a bit unfair and rude.

We have disagreed over the comms, as I would have like the ability to use my comms for my boyfriend who gets to play very rarely and he disagreed but I respected his opinion like he did mine. Not once did either of us think about calling anyone a troll for a different opinion.

That whole post you quoted is "gone" at least i can't find it its totally disappeared some how but where in any of those comments did i call Undead a troll?

I never even responded to his post in the first place .They basically what could be considered an attack the way their post was phrased and then proceed to accuse me of being selfish over a post that someone else wrote and I responded to him in a more diplomatic tone than they used to explained my use of the word troll when referring to the other poster.

Too bad. Let me tell you something, it is one thing to disagree with someone but it is entirely different to call someone a troll just because they have a point of view you seriously disagree with. Enlighten me as to how he or I was being a troll? Or how we said that people should be forced to do play our way?

If anything it is YOUR reply that was selfish as it seems anyone who ever and I mean disagrees with you and reminds you of exactly what an MMO is, suddenly they are the troll.

So why not you read my post again for example instead of going on the offensive just because someone disagreed with you.

The whole way the post was written compare this post to thiers . Specifically these comments the dismiss simply becase they disagree WHERE I got the quote. There is more of this in that post as well.

No offense, but who cares what wikipedia defines anything as? Wikipedia isn't even allowed as a resource on any serious paper or article, so why should we, as a community, use it for anything serious?

The definition and acronym you're looking for is more like:

Please note the keyword, interacts. No where does it say that you stick to yourself. As such, forced group content is perfectly fine.

Now, while it is nice that they are adding a solo option for these story flashpoints, I see no reason to allow everything to be soloed.

As undead accused me of being selfish i offered this comparison

Lets see who is the selfish one

My View and the definition I used offers - Freedom of choice for everyone _ people who want to solo can people who want to group have that option to . I believe people risk their lives everyday fighting for freedom. Thank you to anyone who serves you are honored.

Opposing views and definition - People are forced to engage in a practices they do not choose of their own free will. Either miss out on the story or group . that is a form dictatorship. not as serious as do what i say or die but still the same basic principle.

The is a difference between opposing an argument and being a troll i think i have just proven that .

Edited by _NovaBlast_

Codependency is an illness.

We're in an MMO because we like people. We aren't in an MMO to serve the ego of a wanna-be Leader of Men. We aren't in an MMO to listen to someone else' political opinions. We aren't in an MMO to be dependent.

I group to be cooperatively independent. I don't join a group to bypass content others want to skip. I do group to share adventures with others who could be friends. I don't group to run a race to the 'end-game' whatever that is imagined to be outside of a game like chess.

Well I think that is a great idea , some people don't like to group up often and to give the soloers a chance to catch up with the story which directly introduces SOR is a good thing , well done BioWare.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

For those folks that have trouble understanding why some people want to solo story content, here are some possible reasons:

I don't want some random person's character in my story cutscenes.

I want to chose whether I want the light or dark option.

I want all the dialogue options for my character.

I want to be able to hit [esc] and try again if I get one of those "well, that was unexpected" sort of lines.

I want to bring my Companion along.

I want to take my time and enjoy the setting.

All excellent points, and yeah, same for me.

This is awesome i hope the trend continues THANK YOU!!! All story content should always be solaoable .

Yes, I hope it will be a longer term trend. This is definitely a step in the right direction. :tran_grin:

I Kinda agree actually

Im all for 2 man flash points but these already are 2 man able (I know that for a fact because I do them as 2 man groups)

So basically this annnouncement is nothing more then

"We hear the whines of bad players and will once again dumb down content to stupidly low levels"

Gotta admit, the #1 concern I have in SW:TOR and probably the reason I again leave (this time for good) will be the dumbing down of the content.

Makeb was super easy mode, and they dumbed it down

Previous flashpoints (50s ) became soloable when level cap raised, and they dumbed them down

Lost Island was the single best flashpoint previously and its so dumbed down the bad players still refuse to do it and those that previously liked it find it boring now and dont do it.

List of dumbing down goes on and on and on

STOP DUMBING EVERYTHING DOWN FOR BAD PLAYERS EA

Forged alliances is 100% 2 manable as it stands, thats enough

PS: Cry me a river someone in 112 gear couldnt 2 man them. they freaking give away 148/156 gear at a idiotic pace that no reason for ANY 55 to EVERY have themselves or companions in 112 gear.

Serious Question Eric

With all the dumbing down and removing content for bad players to feel better about themselves, when will you offer an option where you play the game for me and I just sit and watch and pat myself on the back for being so uber that I clear the content with out trying and NEVER dieing?

Cause honestly, thats not that far a leap from what you currently doing to game with the dumbing down.

Forged alliances is already 2 man able

thats enough

current difficulty level is perfect

Yep, it's already easy. In fact, wasn't that the complaint in the forums when Manaan and Rakata Prime were released? That they were way too easy? Yes. Yes, it was. I suspect there are people who can solo it now, since I can 2 man it on characters who aren't even in full 180. Once the level cap it raised and you get some new gear, it should be stupidly easy, so there ya go.

Yep, it's already easy. In fact, wasn't that the complaint in the forums when Manaan and Rakata Prime were released? That they were way too easy? Yes. Yes, it was. I suspect there are people who can solo it now, since I can 2 man it on characters who aren't even in full 180. Once the level cap it raised and you get some new gear, it should be stupidly easy, so there ya go.

Tython/Korriban and Rakata Prime are easy to solo.

But Manaan is actually tough - at level 60 Manaan would be easy though.

Funny you should mention that, we are actually going to do that very thing! It is really important as we head into Shadow of Revan that players have seen the Forged Alliances storyline. Although we will certainly never force you through it, we want to make it so that if you haven't played through it, you have an opportunity to see the whole storyline, even by yourself if you choose!

-eric

Well I'll be...... :eek:

Once again....

*Drops mic and does "the Carlton dance"

I actually gave you explicit reasons as to why I or anyone would want to play an MMO while soloing. You make it so black and white: either everyone groups or no one will. That's a ridiculous sentiment in my opinion. Do you mean to tell me you've never talked to anyone ever while playing the game outside of group activities? As others have suggested, there is MUCH more to MMO's than simply grouping up. All that aside, you still have yet to present any qualified argument that shows how the game will be ruined such that they might as well "shut down the servers." Again, just because other people want to play differently than you doesn't mean they are wrong. They are simply different than you. I'm not going to take the low road and point out just how it sounds to insist that everyone who isn't like you is stupid, but they do have a few words for such an attitude. To be honest, I think if you have a hard time finding a group to play with in the future, I'm betting it won't be because people are choosing to solo content. Furthermore, it's attitudes like yours that make group content so incredibly undesirable. I'd rather never group up again than have to be in a group with someone having an attitude like yours.

As I and others have said numerous times now, no one is asking that group content be removed. We are simply asking for the *option* to run things solo, as an alternative form of game play; one, I posit, affects your experience in no way whatsoever.

Solo content is fine. You can solo 1-50, solo dailies etc...There is plenty of solo content. But people like you who want ALL content to be soloable? Why bother playing an MMO then? Hell I've read some people wanting operations to be soloable. Seriously....whats the point then? Why bother having any group content at all?

Like I said, at this point why bother having servers? PvP is already dead. Just shut the rest down and make it a single player game. Ya'll just want zero group content anyways and get pissy whenever any part of the game requires a group. If everything was soloable then no one would bother grouping up. So why bother playing an MMO?

Edited by Raansu

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco

Funny you should mention that, we are actually going to do that very thing! It is really important as we head into Shadow of Revan that players have seen the Forged Alliances storyline. Although we will certainly never force you through it, we want to make it so that if you haven't played through it, you have an opportunity to see the whole storyline, even by yourself if you choose!

-eric

Well I'll be...... :eek:

Once again....

*Drops mic and does "the Carlton dance"

*headdesk*

Is it really that hard to use groupfinder and interact with other human beings 3 times?

*headdesk. headdesk*

Edited by errant_knight

-eric

...Holy maceronies, batman.

Wow. That's awesome news for people like me - as in, people who're actually pretty interested in story but lack the time and/or inclination to get aboard the gear treadmill/standard mmo grindy type things you (mostly) need to do to do group stuff, or just prefer to take story content at their own pace without other people around. I'm hoping you extend this to other things, because damn.

That whole post you quoted is "gone" at least i can't find it its totally disappeared some how but where in any of those comments did i call Undead a troll?

I never even responded to his post in the first place .They basically what could be considered an attack the way their post was phrased and then proceed to accuse me of being selfish over a post that someone else wrote and I responded to him in a more diplomatic tone than they used to explained my use of the word troll when referring to the other poster.

The whole way the post was written compare this post to thiers . Specifically these comments the dismiss simply becase they disagree WHERE I got the quote. There is more of this in that post as well.

As undead accused me of being selfish i offered this comparison

First of all thank you ScarletBlaze for the support it is much appreciated.

Now Nova, let me explain a bit more as to where I'm coming from. I called you selfish becsuse it seemed from the extremely aggressive tone of your replies, that the very notion of people disagreeing with you on the elements of an MMO is an attack.

Before you edited your post I quoted your reply where you went on a tirade about the so called definitions of an MMO as well as your misguided belief that people are forced to do things they don't like. What I am trying to point out to you, is that I and it seems others do not agree with your everything must be solo option.

For me personally, I feel this defeats the purpose of an online game because why should they bother with servers if everything is solo? More importantly and I have said this before. People are not forced to do anything.

There is no hand that makes you press a button and considering this is still an MMO, you have to accept that there will be exclusive content with the best rewards for groups only. This is operations. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't get more solo content, it just means you won't get to solo everything.

*headdesk*

Is it really that hard to use groupfinder and interact with other human beings 3 times?

*headdesk. headdesk*

Apparently it is, but it is an extra *headdesk* since forged alliance is all tacticals....So its not like you need a tank or a healer. POT5 is the lowest pop server in the game and all 3 forged alliance queue's pop near instantly....