3.0 information today?? PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Thmsleon

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay back, I’m holding a thermal detonator! To answer your question about the expansion announcement:

Soon™! We are holding the announcement back a bit to add something really nice for subscribers, and we’ll be revealing all shortly - a couple of weeks at the latest. The delay of announcement has no effect on the expansion schedule, and we are still sticking to our commitment of launching it this year.

Then we find out the detonator is actually the /dud emote

Stay back, I’m holding a thermal detonator! To answer your question about the expansion announcement:

Soon™! We are holding the announcement back a bit to add something really nice for subscribers, and we’ll be revealing all shortly - a couple of weeks at the latest. The delay of announcement has no effect on the expansion schedule, and we are still sticking to our commitment of launching it this year.

So.....you delayed the announcement of the announcement to add something you could have announced whenever you wanted?

Bioware: I'm going to be frank.

I don't really care what the expansion announcement is, just let us pre-order the damn thing already.

All I want to know: Price, setting, Ops releases, new level cap, and release date. Period. All the other stuff, IE the preorder bonuses, etc, can be revealed whenever you want. I just want to be able to pre order the damn thing.

That's fascinating. We were told "before the end of the month" multiple times, most recently, we were told on Friday. That's a few days ago. Either: You didn't even consider this "really nice for subscribers" deal until literally the weekend and you're working to implement it now, or you had approximately zero realistic intention of releasing the announcement in September. OR you as a development team let the Bioware Community team go onto a twitch stream where everybody was frothing at the mouth for info with a "Wait until Monday or Tuesday" mantra when you had zero way to meet that.

This is stupid. It's dumb. Announce 3.0. Give us details. Then at the end of the announcement, make a little PS saying that you are working on something really nice for subscribers. Because this is just absurd.

Would you rather them rush the quality of the product or wait a little more to make sure everything is perfect? To me the answer is obvious.

Bioware: I'm going to be frank.

I don't really care what the expansion announcement is, just let us pre-order the damn thing already.

All I want to know: Price, setting, Ops releases, new level cap, and release date. Period. All the other stuff, IE the preorder bonuses, etc, can be revealed whenever you want. I just want to be able to pre order the damn thing.

You're expecting way too much dude....This expansion will be no larger than RotHC and given that all their expansions after RotHC were free and RotHC was made free very shortly after its release? Ya chances are 3.0 will also be free.

Also, ugh....level cap increase. I don't get why people are in favor of that crap -_-. Just reading it makes me nauseous.

Would you rather them rush the quality of the product or wait a little more to make sure everything is perfect? To me the answer is obvious.

They are delaying the ANNOUNCEMENT not the expansion itself (although I am sure that will be delayed too)! How much quality does a *********** announcement require? Seriously, 2 more weeks for preparing probably a few screenshots, lame trailer and 2 pages of text?

I find it hard to believe it isn't a paid expansion.

*shrugs* Depends on how big it's going to be, I guess. We don't really have any solid info, except some knob paying at being Revan's involved. Isn't the whole "bigger than Makeb" mostly a rumour, anywya?

Couldn't you just make the announcement then talk more about the sub-only perk when it's ready in 2 weeks tiime?

A big bang announcement strategy seems like a poor approach versus making a series of announcements.

Compared with the announcement schedule and communication around ROTHC, 3.0 has made a poor showing thus far. Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in what the final product will look like due to either feature creep or feature panic.

And judging by BW's track history of perks/rewards they hype as "really nice" or "you guys will love it", it's unlikely that subs will find the mystery perk as having been worthy of the delay once all is revealed.

Edited by Projawa