3.0 information today?? PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Thmsleon

On principle, not a big fan of them saying "we're going to do [X]" and then not doing it, whether it be something minor like an announcement date or major like a new GSF ship class, so I have some sympathy for those who are rolling their eyes at this news on that basis alone.

That being said... wow, there sure are a lot of people who seem to be getting really pissed off over a freaking Press Release getting pushed back.

It falls onto Bioware to display a modicum of honesty so to speak.

As stated earlier, less than one business day ago, the announcement was coming this week. Now it isn't.

It's poor form on their part.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a disturbing thought:

Maybe they know that the "expansion" is so small and feature-less that they're afraid subs will leave just from the announcement, so they have to sweeten the deal with a "perk".....Only they're still trying to think of a perk big enough to counteract the coming disappointment....

I wonder what they'll come up with to recolor for the subs this time.....

I wonder this as well...The pessimist in me is certain that it's far thinner than they had planned, which is why they're afraid to say anything. 1 Op, a tact FP and maybe a daily area?

But...then I get conflicted and think about how much bigger housing was than I had anticipated and I look at the Conquest thing, which I love, and things like GSF which I think is amazingly fun.

Bioware has this ability to disappoint me, and impress me, simultaneously.

I wonder this as well...The pessimist in me is certain that it's far thinner than they had planned, which is why they're afraid to say anything. 1 Op, a tact FP and maybe a daily area?

But...then I get conflicted and think about how much bigger housing was than I had anticipated and I look at the Conquest thing, which I love, and things like GSF which I think is amazingly fun.

Trust your instincts, TUXs.

Oh dude, don't pretend your not pissed off by this.

I've said I am minorly (very minorly) annoyed. In the grand scheme of things, this isn't a *huge* misstep. Calling it what it is though, it was a misstep from their marketing standpoint.

As long as 3.0 deploys before the clock strikes 2015, that's the "promise" I hold them to.

As long as the subscriber feature they have teased isn't a stupid speeder re-skin, I will be content...

If I had to guess, new stronghold with free rooms for subs / pre-orders? Waiting to make their official launch date set in stone?

Well they didn't deliver on a promise ... how would your boss feel if you promised him something and you could not deliver?

If that "something" that was promised was a Press Release? I'd roll my eyes at it and say "hey, you should be more careful about sticking to your promises" - I would not get pissed.

I trusted and defended Bioware right up till they revealed their color system and now half the reason I'm still here is to see what kind of ridiculousness corporate greed will drive them to do next.

If that "something" that was promised was a Press Release? I'd roll my eyes at it and say "hey, you should be more careful about sticking to your promises" - I would not get pissed.

Again, just to make sure...

You find perfectly normal or acceptable that less than a business day ago -- namely last Friday -- the announcement was on schedule, only to be postponed shortly after? Seriously?

Good for you.

Enjoy that self righteous superiority. :rolleyes:

Again, just to make sure...

You find perfectly normal or acceptable that less than a business day ago -- namely last Friday -- the announcement was on schedule, only to be postponed shortly after? Seriously?

No, I consider it worthy of an eye-roll and a "hey, you should do better about sticking to your promises". I do not consider it worthy of getting pissed over.

Stay back, I’m holding a thermal detonator! To answer your question about the expansion announcement:

Soon™! We are holding the announcement back a bit to add something really nice for subscribers, and we’ll be revealing all shortly - a couple of weeks at the latest. The delay of announcement has no effect on the expansion schedule, and we are still sticking to our commitment of launching it this year.

Boo, this is quite disappointing. Delaying an announcement by several weeks seems unnecessary - it's just an announcement, right?

No, I consider it worthy of an eye-roll and a "hey, you should do better about sticking to your promises". I do not consider it worthy of getting pissed over.

I'll just copy / past here:

On a serious note, I also think it's poor taste to keep spamming the "SoonTM", whenever they feel like it.

As mentioned earlier in another thread, Eric and Tait ran a Twitch stream last friday, for two whole(!!!) hours or so and there are two possibilities: Either they knew nothing about it -- which is frankly disheartening since it implies their involvement in the game is close to zilch -- or they pretty much lied to the player base who asked if the announcement was still coming, this week.

Again, it's poor form, both failing the deadline and then spamming "SoonTM", trying to brush yet another f*ck up in the process. Just feels like they're trolling.

Modicum. Of. Honesty.

Not much else.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Look, I'm not sure if anyone here is actually what I would call "pissed off", but we are disappointed and we're using this opportunity to blow off some steam at Bioware's much deserved expense.

Well, seems that they have an issue communicating internally as well as externally. They definitely goofed up. Still, "pissed" seems a strong emotional response to a press release delay.

This is not a couple day delay they are talking weeks.. for something that should be all but in the testing phase that is a very bad sign.