3.0 information today?? PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Thmsleon

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay back, I’m holding a thermal detonator! To answer your question about the expansion announcement:

Soon™! We are holding the announcement back a bit to add something really nice for subscribers, and we’ll be revealing all shortly - a couple of weeks at the latest. The delay of announcement has no effect on the expansion schedule, and we are still sticking to our commitment of launching it this year.

Once, on April Fool's day, my wife intimated that she was interested in a certain activity.

She made innuendos about it all day.

Right before, she said "April Fool's, I'm not really in the mood."

BioWare - we DO NOT CARE about whatever subscriber perk you're trying to put together. I promise. I bet if you polled the entire subscriber base, and asked them whether they would like you to stick to your original idea of telling us about the expansion tomorrow, or if they would rather wait a few weeks to find out about the mount (that no one will use because we're all special snowflakes,) useless in-game item, and four days of early access we'll get - I'd be willing to bet on 100% unanymity for the former.

If you say you're going to provide information within a certain time frame, stick to it. I can't speak for anyone else, but receiving "something nice" is irrelevant and uninteresting when all I'm looking for is information about SWTOR's future. It speaks volumes when this really boils down to "we said we'd talk about the expansion, but it turns out we can't even make THAT date!" Soon™ was lame back when Blizzard came up with it, but continuing using it after all but promising new information (by tomorrow) is even more so.

It's sad, because something longer than the "teaser" we received would probably make many of us happy until a larger announcement. As of right now, there doesn't appear to be anything at all to look forward to (ok, Dragon Age is out soonish so I guess there's that), and that's supremely disappointing.

Here is a hint on how ACTUAL software development/project management works

deadlines...

I love the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Estimates are just a nice way of saying random-*** guess backed up with meaningless math, based on previous random-*** guesses backed by meaningless math....

I'd be happy and/or surprised if the "Something really nice" was a BUG FREE Release...

Yea.. I had a laugh as I typed that as well.

I agree with a great many here: Don't show up at the last minute and tell everyone "Wait 2+ more weeks" we have something nice to give you as well. It's really annoying and the last time you delayed something for "QA and other reasons" we got shafted.

LONGER is not really better when it comes to MMO's... you guys need to suck it up and stick to dates you promise.

+1 on INFO now, goodies later.... cause if the INFO is so crappy we need a gift to make it suck less then it's not really a whole lot of anything worth mentioning.

Edited by dscount

Once, on April Fool's day, my wife intimated that she was interested in a certain activity.

She made innuendos about it all day.

Right before, she said "April Fool's, I'm not really in the mood."

BioWare - we DO NOT CARE about whatever subscriber perk you're trying to put together. I promise. I bet if you polled the entire subscriber base, and asked them whether they would like you to stick to your original idea of telling us about the expansion tomorrow, or if they would rather wait a few weeks to find out about the mount (that no one will use because we're all special snowflakes,) useless in-game item, and four days of early access we'll get - I'd be willing to bet on 100% unanymity for the former.

I actually do care about it.

If you say you're going to provide information within a certain time frame, stick to it. I can't speak for anyone else, but receiving "something nice" is irrelevant and uninteresting when all I'm looking for is information about SWTOR's future. It speaks volumes when this really boils down to "we said we'd talk about the expansion, but it turns out we can't even make THAT date!" Soon™ was lame back when Blizzard came up with it, but continuing using it after all but promising new information (by tomorrow) is even more so.

It's sad, because something longer than the "teaser" we received would probably make many of us happy until a larger announcement. As of right now, there doesn't appear to be anything at all to look forward to (ok, Dragon Age is out soonish so I guess there's that), and that's supremely disappointing.

^^^THIS!!! BW read this!!! ^^^ Seriously, haven't you people at BW ever heard of keeping your word?? It's a pretty good thing to do in any business. It's getting old you guys not keeping your word

I respect your love for secrecy, but please give us at least a date for the offical and full release. As you stated, this date should already be set, so why not tell us? At this point it might be anything between November and late December. People might want to take off or have to decide when they might want to renew their subscription, so holding vital information back does not seem the wisest choice to me, from an economic standpoint. Anyway, I think you guys over at Bioware underestimate how much this bureaucratic kind of secrecy hurts the community and the overall success of the game. It might not show in Cartel Market sales, but we already had no information about the expansion for half a year and this does sound like a good thing for the future of the game. After everything that got delayed this summer and everyhting you keep us in the dark about... I believe a change of policy is needed. Edited by Count_Mario

So... it's just too much to wait a couple more weeks? If your commitment to this game is that fragile, then we already know what you're going to end up doing. Why come here to complain about it first?

At least they told us they are delaying the announcement, said they're going to do something nice for us, and didn't even delay it that long.

I'll continue to live my life, play this game as it is, and not worry about petty stuff like expansion announcements.

Find it hard to believe they weren't but that's just me.

I agree, but I'd like to know. Don't expect to know, however.

Announcing a delay of an announcement in a stream with a small amount of viewers near the close of business on Friday would be classic "shove it under the rug" PR, so I can see why they wouldn't say anything. But it's still kind of silly.

An announcement of a delay of an announcement. Things could probably be simpler.

i have to say the only nice thing i actually want is the announcement not something added to it just the fricken announcement i am so ticked right now terribly cruel to get my hopes up than crush them like that.... but whatever i'll get over it and i guess i'll just have to find something to do for the a couple of weeks to take my mind of it.

So... it's just too much to wait a couple more weeks? If your commitment to this game is that fragile, then we already know what you're going to end up doing. Why come here to complain about it first?

At least they told us they are delaying the announcement, said they're going to do something nice for us, and didn't even delay it that long.

I'll continue to live my life, play this game as it is, and not worry about petty stuff like expansion announcements.

I'll admit. I have a minor annoyance that they delayed it... with minor being the keyword. Fact is before this deadline they communicated the delay. If the end of month had come and gone and then they said, "Oops, sorry... we lied" that would be worse in my opinion.

Granted, they are getting ever closer to end of year for that deadline. Missing that one will have more serious impact for players.

I'd rather speculate as to this feature. And if that "nice thing" for subscribers is a speeder or mount pet, then I would be far more annoyed.