New Character Select Perspective

MillionsKNives

I know it's a bug, but I have to say that I like the new perspective we get when first logging in to a character. It lets you see more of your character and their ship instead of an extreme closeup on their face.

Sentinel

Juggernaut

I totally agree, hopefully you could zoom out and in for better look

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Against all odds, I prefer fries! I'll certainly pass on that a vast majority of people seem to like the zoomed out view. No promises, but I'll make sure they know.

Could you also mention the numerous, numerous clipping issues?

Could you also mention the numerous, numerous clipping issues?

might as well suggest he mention that night is dark, fire is hot, and water is wet.

clipping issues is not something that is going to be fixed any time soon (if ever) unless you like being a pedestrian in GTA whenever a player comes riding through on a speeder. Human bowling pins are not something I would enjoy being...ever.

As a previous poster mentioned, I too have spent tons of credits and cartel coins getting the perfect look for all 22 of my toons. It'd be great to be able to see the entire ensemble then just their top and face. I like my toons' faces, but I DO enjoy seeing the whole package.

This 'bug' does indeed bring something fresh to the character select screen. I approve. Let them know, I too would like it to stay. Although, going over it and fixing the background a bit would be best.

*thumbs up*

Despite the fact it's just a lag, I think it looks cool and fresh!

http://ipic.su/img/img7/fs/Screenshot_2014-07-22_20_18_38_8087094.1406120895.jpg

Is there any way to make it fixed or make it so that character is seen completely? Background could also use some change, as it's been all the same for past years. How about making a background with a starting planet for each class instead of ship? Or at least give us an option to choose the background.

Against all odds, I prefer fries! I'll certainly pass on that a vast majority of people seem to like the zoomed out view. No promises, but I'll make sure they know.

Thank you sir, at least you will let the programmers know. I really like this new view, while i play i barely have time to look at my toon but this new character selection view at least let me see what my toon looks like.

Please don't leave the bug as-is.

In my opinion, it looks like a bug. Especially for Sith Inquisitors. In addition to the ceiling being clipped off, it's clear when zoomed out that it is just a small square room with the partial background of a cockpit built in. It looks very strange.

That and each character is lined up so their face is mid-screen and the bottom cuts off at the knees. Off center and awkward, like a bad photo.

I do think a lot of people like to get a good look at their outfit in the selection screen, but I don't think this bug is an acceptable way to allow that.

I also think a lot of people like to get a breath of fresh air in how their old familiar login process looks. But I think that will wear off and we'll be left with an ugly bugged screen.

I have to admit the new look and feel with the characters going to be zoomed out would be brilliant however I got another idea to throw out there.

What if you were able to have a battle occurring in the background between your characters that you had created all on the main screen with Republic on the left, Sith on the right with lightsabers, force powers and blaster fire happening. Perhaps look into emotes and facial expressions, voice overs when you select your character and select PLAY.

If you were to delete at Character, maybe have the characters shudder or cry about it lol

What about that Server screen huh? Yeah its just a table screen with a list of servers with not much of an interactive background. Why not change it? Give it some life and have an epic space battle or mixture of characters talking in the game, starfighter battles etc.

These are just ideas I had been thinking of.

Vast majority? Oh dear. As one of the (apparent?) few who like the zoomed in look, please at least let it be an option. Maybe you could scroll from far view into close view just like on the character creation screen?

Vast majority? Oh dear. As one of the (apparent?) few who like the zoomed in look, please at least let it be an option. Maybe you could scroll from far view into close view just like on the character creation screen?

^ This. I do not like the zoomed out look at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.