Stronghold Decoration Suggestions

NPCs from the Class and Planetary storylines (some obviously only unlocked if you let them live, maybe a holo-statue of them or appropriate "trophy" if you make a choice that kills them)

Examples:

Moff Pyron from the Inquisitor

Master Bela Kiwiiks from the Knight

Thana Vesh from Imperial Taris

Duke Charle Organa from Republic Alderaan

For a decoration [spoilers for Inquisitor Storyline/Companion Quests]:

The Rakata Mind Trap

with Darth Zash or Khem Val's mind trapped inside (hear their voice when you stand nearby).

Edited by DarthDymond

Plants

I would really like to have a lot of plants available for the strongholds. I'm kind of a plant enthusiast (have lamer words ever been written?) so I'd love to have the ability to put lots of plants in my strongholds. The autumnal trees in the planters I've seen so far have been really nice, but here are some specific ones I'd like to see.

• Glowing fungi things from DK
  • Big curly orange plants from Belsavis
  • Small ground plants from Belsavis
  • Big leafy trees (multiple planets)
  • Grass patches as rugs? I would explode with excitement if we could have a little area with grass
  • Flowers and shrubberies

Droids

I'm told that droid NPCs were mentioned in the stream, but I haven't found the info myself yet. I would really love to see whole bunch of different droid models available for us to place. There are some unique bipedal ones that we don't get to see a lot, and I would *love* to be able to place these.

I run an RP guild (yeah, yeah) that is a technology company, so I was hoping to make our Nar Shaddaa stronghold a 'showroom' of sorts for droid products we sell.

Mannequins

Please, for the love of all things holy, let us have mannequins to display armor on. I make a lot of my own "droid sets" for characters and companions to wear, and I would love to be able to place these around in addition to the NPC droids. I know other people have been excited about mannequins too and it's going to be a huge bummer if we have to use companions.

Mannequins could just be normal player-character models that we can change the face/body/hair on. Or you could release like... a mannequin model for each species and sex combination.

Another good use of mannequins is to make flavour NPCs. So if you're making your stronghold look like a Jedi Temple or something, you can place a bunch of different robed figures to give the place a lived-in feel. Or make bartender/club dancer armor sets, or make your stronghold some kind of sand person fortress on Tatooine, or an Imperial office on DK with lots of people in uniform. The possibilities are endless!

Water

I want some kind of water stuff in my stronghold. Ideas in varying degrees of plausibility are....

• Aquariums (probably not going to happen; but I can dream)
  • Fountains
  • Ponds
  • Reflection pools
  • Pool/hot-tub

Thanks for considering my suggestions! :)

I actually would like a Blood Pool, but it should have a statue of the beast rising from it.

Here however are my suggestions:

Weapons display cases

Faceless mannequins to put armor on

Statues of Legacy members. (Just build a statue maker and make the statues BoL)

The shrine on Tython where you build your Saber

A scale sized Dread Fortress and Palace

A statue of Satele Shan fighting Malgus

The puzzle from Eternity Vault

This is my favorite idea: Let us get skulls or full skeletons, like a museum, of various animals in the game. Rancor Skeleton in a glass case would rock. We could even acquire them by hunting down the animal and paying an NPC to mount the skeleton.

Edited by Elfa

- Being able to attach my unlocked emotes to NPCs/Comps.

- Being able to 'path' my NPCs/Comps. Maybe place waypoints on hooks or something.

- Being able to have my NPCs/Comps actually sit in chairs. It doesn't seem like I would be able to place a chair and then place an NPC on the same hook to sit in the chair. I would love to have a 'secretary' sitting at a desk in the entrance room or Havoc Squad sitting at a mission breifing table.

First and foremost the mannequins. I want to be able to put up a line of armor sets without being restricted by what companions can wear, and without them turning hologram.

I also wouldn't mind some of the elaborate ceiling lamps from the Dread Palace, the one in Tyrans' room is awesome.

Since we will be able to place living mounts and pets in our strongholds i thought it would be nice if they could take a nap, so a sleeping/dozing position for anything animal would be awesome i think. i'd love to add a curled up varactyl to my stronghold. :)

+1 for mannequins & weapon racks

+1 for water features (and rock formations/free form plants in case someone wants to create an arboretum)

+1 for Holo-statues of various characters (personal favourites of mine being Thana Vesh, Captain Bryn (DK turret schematic quest at Grathans) and Darth Lachris.

I also concur that other characters in the legacy should be visible in the stronghold, not just as holo's.

Lastly - I know this one's probably never going to happen, but I think it'd be amazing - some visualisation of the Legacy Family Tree, a lot of people put a lot of thought into how they set it up (and a back-story to go with it) and to me, considering the Strongholds are centered on Legacies, what better way to show it than seeing it on a wall?

Aquariums with exotic creatures (if possible make them look like they are moving)

A very nice fireplace with a nice fire inside with a mantle that can have flowers, books or something on top of it.

Some pretty flowers (maybe like roses, lilies, etc)

A pond with exotic fish in it for the area for your pets etc. (if possible make them seem like they are moving)

Jukebox with the possibility of adding your own music.

Swimming pool with maybe some outside chairs to use around the pool.

A nice bed with a canopy in our choice of colors.

Weapon Rack that can display weapons

A planning table for planning defenses, etc.

Bookcase (that can be put inside one of the hooks on the wall) and possibly have books, scrolls etc or better yet hooks on the bookcase to allow you to put books etc.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

The map from either Tulak Horde's tomb, or the starmap in-game in an item form.

The data terminal from the questline on balmorra where you kick that jedi's *** before going to kill/capture whats his face at the end of the balmorran arms factory area.

The bars in the slippery slope cantina on Nar Shaddaa

The couches from the cantina in Kaas City

The captain's chair from the fury

Darth Zashs's desk from the office after we murder the crap out of that cyborg guy.

Data terminals from inside the Ziost Shadow' bridge deck

Couches from the imperial fleet cantina.

I'd like a giant bed, preferably the one from the fury, or the imperial agent ship.

Edited by Vashy

I'd like to second some of the cool suggestions put down already, and throw in some of my own:

Mannequins:

I really, really, really want mannequins so I can display my old suits of armour - i'm such a hoarder that i kept all my old 'looks'. We spend alot of time honing our look in this game and it makes sense to be able to show 'em off in your house.

Pools, trees, natury stuff in general:

What a cool idea, have a room for chillin with Vette in the pool area. pools of various kinds could be lots of fun and pool furniture to go with it. Off duty Sith love catching a few rays by the pool as much as their no-girlfriend Jedi brothers.

Thrones & throne room stuff:

We Sith like to be worshipped like we deserve and what says 'I love you, oh Evil One' than having a real big ****** throne in the room that you can sit on while a bunch of peasants (or companions) bow down before you. Can we have bowing guards like the ones outside the Sith Academy on Korriban? the people bowing down is really important to us Sith you know ;)

Training dummies and a dojo:

I do alot of raiding and need to practice my rotations and what could be better than a dojo with training dummies to train in. I got dummies on my ship but it feels too crampt in there. For giggles we could also have levitatable rocks and whatever for that jedi/sith training vibe.

Operations Room and portals to ops/flashpoints:

what evil overlords base would be complete without some sort of Operations Room with big galactic map in the center! You need somewhere to hatch those evil diabolical schemes of galactic domination you know ;) If you could actually portal to various useful locations for ops (fleet operations ship, oricon, etc) from there it'd be highly functional as well.

The many various propaganda style posters on the Fleet and Capital Worlds, especially the new ones that came out with GSF. I'm sure it's already being done, but any and all computer terminals, computer screens and what nots along that line. My Agent is going to need a sort of intelligence gathering hub in his Stronghold.

Some sort of a pre-fab wall section. That was something missing in SWG, everyone used bookcases turned backwards to make walls with and it was kind of horrible. So something that looks like a wall section would be great, doesn't even have to be a full size wall. Maybe as tall as the characters are. Think cubical wall sections I guess.

Mannequins please i'd love to get some in my room.

Also a poster/rug for 100% completion of a particular achievement (planets, ops, flashpoints, companions, etc.) It would be great to place whatever decoration you get for killin a boss over the rug you get from the achievement

Food/drink stands like the ones from tatooine in episode I, very useful for parties

Hello BioWare! :cool:

Water things!

So my suggestion is pool from the supplies area of the Republic Fleet.

You can see it on my screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/Ru5qNUn.jpg?1

I know, it's pretty big but you can make it more smaller.

I hope you'll add some decorations with the water.

Holo-Statues!

The second thing is Holo Statues of legendary heroes: Revan stands with his loyal team (Bastila, T3-M4, HK-47, Carth Onasi, Zaalbar, Mission Vao, Juhani, Jolee Bindo, Canderous Ordo)

Something like http://cdn.dbolical.com/videos/groups/1/13/12717/Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_-_ending.mp4.jpg

Music!

Ah, I almost forgot.

Please, BioWare.

Add function to play music from the fleet!

I dont like that cantina music so that will be good to have a quiet music in my StrongHold.

Thank you for your attention :)

Edited by DurbanPoison

Hello Everybody,

With Strongholds being released soon, the Cartel Market team is looking for suggestions of decorations that players would like to see in their Stronghold.

Suggestions can be general types of decoration like posters, chairs, lamps, giant missiles, etc.

Suggestions can be specific in game objects. An example would be, "I would really like the blood pool from the Blood Legacy quest on Korriban." (The more detail you can provide, the easier it will be for the team to track down the item)

Suggestions can also be objects not currently in SWTOR. An example would be, "I would like to put a Star Forge on my Stronghold's front lawn."

We are looking for any and all suggestions so please don't hold back.

Thanks in advance!

Okay then.

1) Gardens. Indoor and outdoor.

2) Artifice related items like crystals of all kinds and colors.

3) Mannequins for armor display

4) Weapon racks and displays

5) Disco balls/strobe lights

6) Holographic trophies of known enemies/kills/captures.

7) All manner of new music for our juke boxes.

8) Pool tables or some SW equivalent.

9) Shades for the windows, or the ability to darken them to lower ambient light within.

10) Alcoves in the walls to use instead of furniture.

11) Fireworks stands for our balconies.

12) Changeable weather outside our windows.

13) Holographic news displays. Space battles, especially, or news reports.

14) Race-specific artwork, sculptures and creations.

15) Windows looking into rooms where our animal mounts/pets roam about.

16) Editor feature that allows us to custom-design posters/wallpaper.

17) Control over basic wall color.

18) Control over the look of our NPC guards. Ability to change their armor and weapons to fit the Stronghold's theme.

19) Ability to purchase more guards.

20) Profession-only items/decorations.

A slave pit for my meaner characters' homes.

Bathroom/Refresher.

Energy cages, like the one on the bounty hunter ship.

Beds you can lie on (with companion!)

Most important: An aquarium filled with Mon Calimari, Quarren, and Selkath for my Imperial homes.

Also:

For a decoration [spoilers for Inquisitor Storyline/Companion Quests]:

The Rakata Mind Trap

with Darth Zash or Khem Val's mind trapped inside (hear their voice when you stand nearby).

A Wookie(sic) Skin rug to sit before the fire where little sith can play awaiting Jolly Old Darth Marr to bring them presents.

Edit: Removed my suggestions that have already been confirmed.

Edited by Dan_Loto

Obviously, mannequins can't be mentioned often enough :)

Besides that: I'd really like to see all kind of themed little souvenirs unlocked by the games' many achievements. Preferably with the option to toggle them on/of so you can really tailor the looks of your private palace...