Stronghold Decoration Suggestions

Here's hoping my suggestions don't have too much overlap with known GSH content.

• The spinning monitors from the fight against the Shroud (Shroud's Last Stand).
  • The Noetikons from the Jedi Consular storyline.
  • Giant galaxy map!
  • Jukebox.
  • The False Emperor's throne.
  • Some of the computers and monitors from the Office of Imperial Intelligence.
  • A variety of floor/wall-mounted turrets (decorative only, of course).
  • Disco dance floor!
  • Those pods with the mechanical doors from around the Cyborg fight in Directive 7.
  • Dreadful Entity replica (with full spinning action!)
  • Model/pet display cabinet.
  • A display board with customizable scrolling messages.
  • Mannequins (representing each body type, preferably as a toggle action).
  • Weapon displays.

I'd like to see:

• Baby Krayt Dragon Cage (Dark Side/greedy Inquisitor Cult story on Nar Shaddaa)
  • Dread Master Raptus' Throne with curse crystals (Dread Palace)
  • Holo of each chapter boss for all classes
  • Full-sized Galactic Starfighter ships
  • Small scale drilling platforms (Makeb)
  • Thrantas (Alderaan)
  • Fountain with focusing crystal (Makeb - Toborro's Courtyard)
  • Statues from Dread Fortress and Palace
  • Tauntaun nests (Hoth)
  • Fall themed tree and grass arrangement (Voss)
  • Containment cells in various colors (blue - Section X, red - Czerka Corp Labs)

A little mini "orbital strike" (as in the sniper skill) with the sound effects you can turn on and off to place on top tables and other parts of the stronghold. Would also be a way to preserve the skill in a small way if it was changed so drastically it doesn't resemble the way it works now (regarding animation and the sound effect.

That's something which would be extremely cool :)

Little mini statues maybe of your toons, that way if you decide to delete it you still have a record of it ingame.

Edited by BaineOs

A few ideas from me.

Everyone likes statues of imposing characters, creatures or a statue of a captital ship.. mini or large. Wompa maybe? If you want something premium-like, a statue of yourself? In your current armor life size or larger... If that is possible?

Another idea... Pools? Hot tubs? They will look cool In anyone's Stronghold showing off wealth.

Another Idea Is Characters! People you can buy to live and walk around your stronghold... Wookies, Humans or Droids; Hunter-Killer droids or mer astro droids. Also be able to customise these characters further by buying custom kits on Cartel market or dress them like you would a companion.

Final Idea: If It could be possible.. Add maybe Swtor T.V.? Show people twitch and streaming while your playing swtor? and In between showing swtor's own adverts! :D Might be a way to bring streaming and gaming a little closer.

Just my ideas!

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Lordanem
Expanding on ideas

I'm not in favor of the stronghold decoration process being in the majority completely dependant on how many cartel coins you are willing to spend on decorations.

We all know that's where the majority of the most highly requested decs are going to be available from. Pay2decorate is going to be the theme of these strongholds sucking the fun out of them. You could use this as loot drops in old content as an incentive for players to do group finder with other less experienced players... yet no. You have dollar signs in your eyes on this only. No thank you.

Edited by Brittaany_Banks

(1) Trophy Heads: Honestly, in KOTOR... one of my favorite rooms was Davik Kang's Trophy room. So heads of Rancors, Varactyls, Nexu, Reeks, etc could be a nice thing to have in some strongholds. I love hunting in all video games, so creature trophy heads would be awesome.

(2) GSF Ships: Maybe not fully decked out looking, but the basic model. Perhaps found on Kuat Drive Yards?

(3) Anything from Dread Palace/Fortress: All of the items have an epic Sith feel to them.

(4) "Pets" : Not your run of the mill mini-pets, but I figure some people would like an actual large Rancor NPC in their trap room on their Tattooine Stronghold. Other epic pets could include World Boss sized Creatures, Droids, etc. Doesn't have to roam, could be like the Rancor on Makeb stuck behind the conal force field.

(5) Support for all the people who want Mannequins, weapon racks, etc.

+1 for the blood pool in the Sith Academy, the head in a jar (IIRC it's from the smuggler story? the Alderaan part?), Tulak Horde's star map from the end of the Korriban Inquisitor class quests, the giant datascreens the Shroud's lieutenants have in their bases, and the Republic Fleet water pools + fountains.

Also:

• The containment cell (that you can walk in and out of) on the lower level of the bounty hunter's D5-Mantis would be pretty neat (and a goldmine for rp)!
  • Additionally, maybe some non-empty cells with prisoners in them, if you want to play that kind of Sith :U Examples are in the Sith Academy's interrogation rooms. (I-Is it a bad time to also bring up the torture devices Darth Baras had in his office on Kaas, or?)
  • The big blue planetary holoprojection sphere from one of the very first rooms when you walk into Imp Intel HQ.
  • Plants! Darvannis (S&V) has some nice palm trees, particularly the one that's the center of a fountain. Then there are the trees on Coruscant Senate Plaza, the little glowy purple things on Kaas, and a whole host of others on every planet.
  • Artifacts, crystals, etc displayed like they are in the museum on the Ziost Shadow. (The skylight in that room is pretty cool, too. Sith/Jedi observatory, anyone?)
  • In general, bits of clutter, the little details that make the environment seem inhabited. Papers scattered across the floor, on desks, tools/blasters/drinks/datapads/whatever sitting on crates and on tables, that sort of thing.
  • Some of the 'grittier' assets from places like Nar Shaddaa, Hutta, or the lower levels of Coruscant etc would work well for people who don't necessarily care for a pristine stronghold.

And finally, all the little side rooms off the Tython temple have some really dynamic NPCs, jedi and padawans meditating, debating, sitting at classroom tables, standing in fighting or casting stances as if sparring, and a few meditating in front of captive Sith, even. I'm sure Korriban + Ord Mantell have similar faction-specific NPCs performing actions that would make it easy for players to set up a sort of training room, enclave, military base or whatever, to make the stronghold feel 'alive' in a sense, even if the NPCs can't actually move or walk anywhere.

(I will say, though, that I hope the available items aren't dominated by Cartel Market purchases. It would be a missed opportunity to revitalize old content, and people will very quickly lose interest if that turns out to be the case.)

I am sure some of these have been mentioned or already considered by the dev team, but for completeness' sake and emphasizing my interest in seeing them as decoration options I'm listing everything important I can think of!

- GSF Starfighters. I'm sure there are technical issues here, but I would really really really love to plop down a NovaDive or Sting or two.

- Briefing room thingamajigs! You know, "Here's the Death Star schematics, pilots! Go blow it up!" type stuff. Big holodisplays of Big Important Space Things, or screens displaying attack vectors and weak points...

- Carpet: Jedi meditation mat. Fancy rugs are cool, but I hope there's a simple mat sort of like you might find in a gym or martial arts facility.

- Droid NPCs. Power droids, mouse droids, loader droids, medical droids. Just the sort of random ambiance you'd expect in a Star Wars locale.

- Starfighter/ship refueling and rearming doodads. Big fuel hoses, missile-loading cranes, that sort of thing. I want my garage to look like the hangar on Yavin 4 or Hoth!

- Cool wall paintings. Have you guys considered taking some of your own concept art and turning it into in-game paintings that can be hung on walls? If not, you should! I'd love a painting of a big battle between Jedi and Sith.

I would like

1. holoportraits (or reliefs, like in the movie on Palpatine's wall, sort of like carbonite) of the KOTOR2 companions.

2. flowers from Belsavis

3. a small fountain would be nice as well

4. that lovely Coruscant animation of flying papers :)

5. A brazier with a fire or a tall candle for a meditation corner for a Jedi and a kneeling mat.

6. A complicated construct, like one of the pieces from BG2 (Sphere)

Portraits and/or holostatues of people in my legacy (maybe as slideshow?).

Slideshow of ships - class ships, GSF ships, capital ships, whatever (maybe unlockable sets?). Either as a nice 'picture' view or with pseudo-technical schematics.

Gaming tables...

...that actually have chairs you can sit in!

...of different games (pazaak, dejarik, etc.)

...that (as long as we're dreaming) have actual minigames!

Mood lighting fixtures (torches, lanterns, neon, glow-fungus, spotlights, etc.)

Profession/hobby pieces, such as toolkits, libraries, pottery wheel, etc.

Editable 'lore objects' where you can have it say whatever you want.

Edited by Lord_Thorne

Ohh gotta love this! :mon_cool:

Stuff in game:

• Republic Propaganda posters on Coruscant as found in the Justicar Territory.
  • Republic 6-Legged walkers as found on various planets (Ord Mantel being an example)
  • Model Starships
  • Personal GSF starfighters for display (Would be awesome to have my flashfire on a landing pad or in a garage.)

Not currently In Game

• Showers! (I say this only because nowhere in the known swtor galaxy is there a shower! must be some stinky Jedi!)
  • Unique storage units (allowing for individual items to be stored in a cabinet, nightstand, etc...so for example a
  • Jedi could have a cabinet with a set of robes in it or a smuggler would have a nightstand that has a small blaster stored in it.)
  • Display Cases to allow the displaying of items like crystals, masks, unique items, etc.
  • Galactic News Terminal: A terminal that displays current in game events, upcoming game events, 2x XP weekends, etc...

Primitive wall art as in caves on Tatooine

bones and other natural history displays

a good choice of plants (I hate cities)

library shelves

various artifacts as in museum on Corellia or ancient pottery

the sorts of chairs and tables (and spear displays) found in the sandpeople villages

While a few have commented on the bathrooms, I don't feel the need to display my wet dripping towels or razor that removes the unwanted stubble. Nor their SW equivalents, no. I don't denigrate the desire for it, it's just not needed for me.

However, the mannequins are rather a paramount desire of most. Barring that and being forced to stick with companions on hookpoints, I do hope the option is there to have them with weapons drawn, because I want to put together a display of all saber-wielding characters/companions and have their colors out.

If even that is too challenging, then we really need to discuss getting proper weapon display mounts put in. I've got a number of hilts I'd like to have lit up and on show for my visitors.

As there is (as yet) no swimming animations, the need for a pool is lower on my list. Maybe if I was on Tatooine, as a flagrant display of wealth. "Look at me, people! I've got so much money, I CAN WASTE WATER!"

+1 to the people who suggested more gritty internal decor/garbage items. My main living area tends to be somewhat orderly and neat, but my kitchen looks like something exploded half the time. Come to think of it, I haven't seen anything I recognized as a kitchen in SWTOR so far either. Strange.

Windows! Not just the idea of windows into other rooms of course, though that's interesting, but shading. Blinds/curtains would be fine, but I'd rather like some tinted coatings, as well. I don't much care for 'natural' lighting, I want the light flowing in through my bay windows to carry a dimming tint to it. Something in a deep blue or red would suit most of them, or just a generic blackout/gray style for reducing illumination. I imagine my Ratt agent isn't all that fond of glaring sunlight (or prying eyes).

A lot of NPC's, with paths that we can set. I'd like to have Acolytes/Padawans and guards patrolling the halls of my "super secret Tatooine Jedi Academy."

It'd also be nice to be able to have wall pieces where we can separate the large rooms into smaller rooms.

Weapon display racks and mannequins. I want to show off what I've earned! :p

NPC's doing tasks. Receptionists, maintenance workers, etc.

Tons of different holoterminals/computers/etc. Quite frankly, I wish we could have all the technological items in the game.

Some sort of trophy from every Operations Boss, Class Story boss, and FP Boss that you get the achievement for killing. I want to be able to show off what I've done. Maybe their weapon, or a piece of their armor (Chest or helm).

The blood pool is a fantastic idea!

Lastly, more interaction. What's the point of having NPC's if we can't do anything? Maybe even let us right click them and have a little bit of text pop up in our char channel (that we can customize.) I think it'd be awesome to right-click on some guard NPC and just have a little message pop up of him saying: "Move along now, I have guard duty to attend to."

In SWG I had massive walls with my weapons on them. I'd love to have something similar in TOR. For example, my Sniper has every rifle he's ever gotten. It would be great to put them on display.

And yes, I'd like to second putting armor on display on mannequins.

Not sure if it has been suggested but I would like this...

Stasis Chamber

That one is located on Tython, inside the Jedi Temple, to the northwest when you open your map. Would be even cooler to be possible to have in stasis whatever character we want but I realize this is probably FAR MORE COMPLICATED than that.

A generic NPC such as that one would be cool enough already. :cool:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

- Darth Vader Style interactable meditation chambers.

-Cross Lightsabers mounted on the wall.

- Krayt Dragon Skull.

- Jedi and Sith in apprentice, lord/knight and master/ darth combinations.

-The large holocron from the temple on Tython and maybe a sith version?

- A lightsaber crystal display that has the crystal hover similar to the holocrons, and maybe have it spin.

- A disco ball that makes the area light up like a disco.

- Cantina band to play songs instead of a jukebox.

- A memorial to LucasArts...

How about a achievement unlock. If a person has discovered the whole map of a planet, and they got 100% discovered for it, like korriban for example, they can get a decoration that is a model of that planet on a stand that is spinning slowly on it's base that they can place anywhere. Something like this for every planet would be cool. You can show off where you have been!

I think it would be cool to have carbonite trophies of captured bounties that are unlocked via the event achievements. Maybe a distinguishable possession from a killed bounty like a weapon or helmet. The more achievement driven decorations the better!

• Mannequins for armor display
  • Weapon/lightsaber stands
  • Warroom (as in the movies or on the Normandy SR2)
  • Kitchen and other 'utility' rooms

And call me crazy but I'd like that, if I enter a stronghold with an alt and relogging with another character the alt would still be in the stronghold as an NPC.