Stronghold Decoration Suggestions

Being able to place a modification table in your stronghold would be cool..

An actual working one?

As far as I have understood it, every decoration that you can place in a stronghold is going to be just that, decoration. In other words you won't be able to actually use it like the corresponding item in-game.

Could be wrong though. Hope I am, but since chairs, couches and the like also cannot be used to actually sit on as far as I understood from the streams. I am not expecting it will be.

--------------------------------------

My own suggestion. I have a wallpaper from the media section where this giant ???? seems to be emerging from some kind of watchamacallit field. I think it's called a Hypergate? I also believe it's a scene from one of the end-game flashpoints? Love to see that same scene as 3D object.

I'd like for my warrior, who is my main, after completing the last mission from the class story,

the one when you go to korriban and battle baras who says he is the voice of the emperor,and after killing him you are recognized as the wrath and you respond only to the emperor,

Get kinda of an recompense from the emperor something like a throne,my best guess is it to look like the one that is a mount(shadow hand or dominator),but it could be an imense one like

the one you see when you go to dromund as a knight to battle him.

Stationary mannequins for display or armor like everyone else has said. But also the ability to dress up NPCs. I want live Jedi/Sith/Guards/Hunters/etc. to walk around in armor of my choosing. That way you could create additions to your squad for a trooper, create apprentices for your Dark Lord og have a private jedi council of your own.

Hello Everybody,

With Strongholds being released soon, the Cartel Market team is looking for suggestions of decorations that players would like to see in their Stronghold.

Guess that solves the mystery of where most stuff will be available from. Even if some can be crafted by players (I'm stockpiling all kinds of mats already) the schematics will probably come from the CM, or the reverse-engineering of items from the CM.

We have had loads of great suggestions so far! Some ideas keep cropping up: the blood pool mentioned, along with lots of other Sith/Dread Master stuff; many suggestions of plants; starfighters, either in hangars or patrolling outside; mannequins to display armour, and weapon racks/showcases; junk piles and things to make the Strongholds feel 'lived in'; trophies of all kinds; things to modify our Strongholds with, such as movable walls and customisable floors; the ability to display our other characters as well as companions; more options for guards, servants, followers, workers, etc. and all kind of devices that do damage or simulate combat so a Stronghold can become a real combat or training area.

Would be great to get a Dev response to some of this- maybe confirming things which are already in development, or things we could give more detail on, such as items from specific missions.

Here's another, less likely thought: the ability to purchase outside backgrounds, so we could choose whereabouts on the planet our Strongholds are- so there's a difference between a Coruscant apartment near the Senate District and one in the Justicar Territory, and a difference between a Nar Shaddaa palace near the Promenade and one in Network Access.

An actual working one?

As far as I have understood it, every decoration that you can place in a stronghold is going to be just that, decoration. In other words you won't be able to actually use it like the corresponding item in-game.

Could be wrong though. Hope I am, but since chairs, couches and the like also cannot be used to actually sit on as far as I understood from the streams. I am not expecting it will be.

The stream showed that there will be several working terminals etc.

This includes mailboxes, storage access, GTN terminals and as far as I remember also modification stations.

Also, there will be a chairless /chair emote that you can use to sit on any chair, couch or whatever. For roleplay and screenshot purposes that's perfectly fine, even better than clickable chairs in my opinion because it allows more freedom.

They also mentioned a lie down emote that can be used to lie on a bed (or presumably the floor or any other surface).

Edited by Veyss

I would like to see a big tactical map table that work in the same way you can use the map system when you press m. It would let you select what map it displays. You may make a requirement that at least one of our legacy char did explore the whole regions before you can display it. But we need to be able to put objective icons on the map. That would make an awesome items for guilds to use in planning of quest events or operations/flashpoints. You edit the display like you browse the standard map and once you're done no need to interact with it, the top of the table is a big screen that display just what you configured on it. (optionally it would be cool if the objective icons get displayed as 3d holos on top of the table).

Thanks,

A barge like Jabba's around the size of a player's main ship for the landing area.

Rakata mind trap

Jedi padawan/sith apprentice npc

Pvp dropbox

Lightsaber forge

Blood pool

T1-7B droid

Naboo aquatic wildlife in tanks

Ancient sith armor racks

Partially dismantled hk-47

Nexu, not a cub sized pet but like a caged adult one

Darth Nihilus force apparition, or really just any cannon force ghosts/holocrons

A rack of mounted tuskan raider sticks (Gaffi sticks?)

Fountains

Mounted bantha head

Clock looking contraptions

Bedside tables with data pads visible on them

Crate with a propped up assault cannon

GOTO droid

Star map

A landmine

A set of chairs with a laser tripline between them

Banquet table

Shrubbery trimmed to look like an alien animal

Ice sculptures

Display case with Mandalorian helmets inside

Display case of lightsabers

A cybernetic head and torso suspended in a bacta tank.

A rakghoul on a medical table

Dk nobles or Republic ambassadors

Rakata obelisks and pillars like on Belsavis

Droid assembly line like on Balmorra

Diving suit like the one from Kotor

I would like to see:

• a category of small items (datapads, statuettes, etc) that can be placed on desks or tables
  • Star Maps (like from KOTOR)
  • items that trigger existing emotes - like a table that can be used to trigger /eat or /drink, or a bed that can be used to trigger /sleep the same way that the Party Bombs activate dances

Paintings

Couches/chairs

Beds

Plants

Statues

Lamps

Light fixtures

Rugs

Wall mounts

Fountains

Computers

Screens

Curtains

Desks

Tables

Mini-figurines

Shelving

Books

Holocrons

Holographic Images

Holograms

Cabinets

Plates

Glasses

Aquariums

Bar-stools

Bars

I want to see all of our characters on our legacy in our strongholds to where we can interact in small conversations, as well as see them walk around the stronghold.

Edited by Renata_Roselli

It would be interesting to have a decoration of a Coin-Operated Macrobinocular Example that would allow you to peer off into the distance of your Strongholds. Would be even cooler if there were some hidden objects out in the view that would allow you to scan them, such as the Shroud looking back at you through his Macrobinoculars from a window on Nar Shaddaa, or some of http://cdn-www.swtor.com/community/images/swtor/smilies/biggrin.pngthe various landmarks from each planet off in the distance. There could also be an added feature where you Macrobinoculars would display interesting information about your Stronghold's decorations when you look at them.

Also a Dance Floor rug to go with it would be excellent.

This one gets a little creative, ;). A decoration of a Table or Desk or small Crate that also has a new decoration "Hook" built in to the top of it. This would be much easier to implement as the coding for it is already there, and wouldn't require redesign of the Hook system. Keep in mind you would have to add a limit to how many decorations can be stacked on top of each other to avoid clipping through ceilings, or only allow certain decorations marked "Can be placed on a Table Hook" to be used on such items. Would be interesting to see a Medium sized Coffee-Table with 4 Hooks on it to place Weapons on.

A landmine

Just like the ones on Hoth, these would be AWESOME for dueling! One good knock back and you're out a huge chunk of health.

Don't know how realistic this is, but how about a little fighting pit, where two fighters are sparring through a looping set of animations? Could be either some boxers using the legacy boxing animations, or a pair of lightsaber duelsits going through their attack routine.

Could come in several varieties really. Gritty, rocky flooring with spikey, primitive decorations around the ring. Smooth, polished, and dark flooring like the sith academy (maybe even with some red laser "ropes" around the ring). Or a weathered off white or metal flooring with blue laser "ropes" for the pub side. Maybe with scorch marks.

There could even be some cusomization on the fighters. Sith lightsaber battle, jedi in robes fighting with lightsabers, gamorrians fighting with vibro axes, Trandosians fighting with tech staves or vibro swords, shirtless humans boxing (examples being in the legacy fighting abilities), maybe even some humans or tw'leks doing some martial arts like from Knights of the Old Republic.

Second... I REALLY WANT A MANNEQUIN !! only have two companions that actually show all of the armor they wear... and I really Really Want to be able to dress up a line of mannequins to look like the Dread Gaurds... have a "glorious throne room" ... so to speak...

Third... I saw the Alderaan throne... But I would love to see you guys add Calphayus' Throne from the boss encounter in the Dread Palace operation, not necessarily the dark one from the Council Fight but more the one he has in his past and future boss fight... *<-- Sorry Spoiler alert*

Fourth... The Ceiling lights in the Tyrans boss fight, Dread Palace again, the upside down holocron looking lights he has alternating with cages... really nice evil feel to them...

Fifth... Please Please Please... Make a Wall decoration that makes the wall look like it has built in shelves with datacrons, datapads, scrolls, nik naks, like the walls in Thanatons library, or the upstairs walls in the Korriban academy...

Sixth... if you could... being able to display our legacy Characters as prisoners inside a stasis machine, I am referring to the machine that Khem Val is suspended in when we first encounter him inside the tomb... would be awesome... Or if ya can't make that happen with our legacy characters, it would be totally awesome if we could have npcs suspended in them... haha like having a jawa in suspended animation... or an Eshka... or a random npc jedi/ sith ... or a Trandoshian...

and Seventh... last one... Those stands with ancient sith armor... they are all over the place in the Korriban tombs, and I think I saw one in the seeker droid mission on Belsavis...

Everything I said up their would be awesome... And I found this... Would make a very nice center piece... http://www.swtorstrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/swtor-datamined.jpg

Statue mannequins that you can decorate an old armor sets you don't want to use anymore and place them around your stronghold make them look like terracotta warriors place them whatever you want to in your stronghold make them poseable and give them the ability to hold items

ARMOR STANDS, ARMOR STANDS, ARMOR STANDS, please!

On a similar note, a weapon rack capable of displaying a weapon placed therein.

One of Mentor's processor cores, whether broken or repaired. (Would be a nice drop from D7 HM.)

A Huttball on a stand, preferably with Baron Deathmark's signature.

A console or similar salvaged from the Endar Spire.

A Voss historical tablet to hang on a wall.

A large tank containing a Firaxa pup.

A cloned krayt dragon hatchling. (Reward from GSI?)

A rakling containment capsule. (The quest turn-in point for "Rounding Up Raklings" in the Rakghoul Resurgence event.)

A holoimage of The Spike. (The above-ground structure from Rakghoul Resurgence.)

A seed from the Infinite Engine. (From the Imperial quest on Nar Shaddaa.)

The Galactic Star fighters, so many nice models and if they had our actual customisation even better. At the moment you're really the only one to see your ships custom paint job as everyone else is to far away in an actual fight.

Gread idea, imho !

I'd like to see the holo-statues of them from the Hangar Bay (the new area accessible from the Fleet's main station elevator) there as well.

A holo-statue of the Rakghule Event OP Boss would be nice as well ... And Jeelvic ! ;)

ARMOR STANDS, ARMOR STANDS, ARMOR STANDS, please!

On a similar note, a weapon rack capable of displaying a weapon placed therein.

Let me fix that for you and for everyone else :

BRAGGING RIGHTS, BRAGGING RIGHTS, BRAGGING RIGHTS !

;)

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

The armor stands idea is a nice one for decoration purposes only and only for decoration purposes it gives the allusion but you have an army standing around garden your stronghold it just depends how it looks what kind of pieces you put on it that's all and who cares if somebody has bragging rights they want to brag we got some in drama so what good for them

By the last post that had that mentioned about bragging rights I would just like to make it clear that today I had a friend over at my house has been playing Star Wars The Old Republic and when we were on the message board together he read that post to me that's how I was able to answer it

Since were not getting Fleet chat in our homesteads, how about a terminal that allows you to see Fleet chat? It looks like any computer console with lights and nobs and has a big screen. You click on it and on the screen you see the Fleet chat. I'd hope you'd be able to send messages as well read them.

For wall decoration, how bout an animated water fall? You see them in offices and expensive homes. Big rectangle thing that water flows from the top down into a pan and get recirculated back up to the top.

Oh this would be cool. A computer console that allows you to view WZ matches or Operations or Starfighter battles? It would be like watching TV. That would take some major effing programing I'm sure.

I know this ain't Star Trek, but how bout a transporter pod. Something in the same venue as what they have outside everyone's ship on the fleet. It allows you to travel to your ship, Section X, CZ-198, as well the FLEET. You could even buy additional slots to put other places you want quick travel to like Tattoine or wherever. It has to be on a separate cooldown then your current Quick Travel or Emergency Fleet pass.

Please, please, please let me place sand person npcs for my Tatooine stronghold. Don't just stop at males either! It would be so cool if we could get sand people children and women npcs. That's another thing, there aren't any children in the game and the strongholds might be a cool place to have them. I also would love a lot of the tribal stuff like gaffi sticks, huts, bedrolls

How about Revan's mask on a stand, like the one from Grathan's Mansion for the revanite quests, just to please the people who couldn't get the mask for their character? I guess it would look like a nice trophy.. Edited by Teronas
Typo

The Emperor's Throne, Various masks to mount on the wall such Revan's mask, Fett's Helmet, etc..... Holo of Shae Vizla, Fett, and some lesser explored characters maybe from some of the trailers like Vizla or other various Star Wars media. Just to name a few suggestions. I also support the head in a jar idea as well as the blood pool.