Why is Bioware so silent about strongholds

sepulhead

A few months IS just before launch when talking about something that was two years in the making. If all you can do is argue semantics it is obvious you don't have any arguments, let alone a clue.

When the game isn't even in beta it's not just before release.

Furthermore, I didn't bring up the Path initially.

You did bring it up, I just put the name to it. You said major features were dropped just before release. It was not features plural, it was feature singular. Path of the Titans. There is no other. There was no "roflstomping" about it getting dropped and the timing wasn't what you said it was. You're dragging this on far longer than it needs to be by just not admitting you were wrong. I don't want to keep talking about WoW on these forums.

And it is only wrong in your self-delusional world where no one will say anything about changes once a Dev says something.

Anyone else with reading comprehension think I've said anything like this? Anything remotely close to it? What I've in fact said is that they will complain, they will always complain, and it doesn't matter. I've said, repeatedly, that they're irrelevant. Being irrelevant, what BioWare should be concerned about is the rest of the fans. That's the point you need to argue if you want to disagree with me.

Edited by Senrie

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the game isn't even in beta it's not just before release.

You did bring it up, I just put the name to it. You said major features were dropped just before release. It was not features plural, it was feature singular. Path of the Titans. There is no other. There was no "roflstomping" about it getting dropped and the timing wasn't what you said it was. You're dragging this on far longer than it needs to be by just not admitting you were wrong. I don't want to keep talking about WoW on these forums.

Anyone else with reading comprehension think I've said anything like this? Anything remotely close to it? What I've in fact said is that they will complain, they will always complain, and it doesn't matter. I've said, repeatedly, that they're irrelevant. Being irrelevant, what BioWare should be concerned about is the rest of the fans. That's the point you need to argue if you want to disagree with me.

Again, arguing semantics. As to the other major features dropped, those were mostly class changes that didn't make it in to Beta or having made it into Beta got dropped or seriously changed before Live. You can probably add Boss changes in various raids and heroics but I don't consider those major. Regardless, plenty was changed or dropped that was major, regardless of what you think qualifies as major. And there was roflstomping. I read it. I saw every single post about Blizzard not delivering something that was promised just as I read every complaint thread that boiled down to "nerf them, buff me".

What you are doing is ignoring the fact that people have given you a valid and understandable reason why you are wrong, but you ignore it because you think that "any news is good news" and that we should get updates about stuff that isn't yet set in stone so we can then filter through the QQ posts when it is changed or dropped. Bioware should be concerned only about what is best for the game, the fans and them and giving us news just so a small portion of the base can rest assured that something is happening is not in the best interest of anyone but that small portion.

Basically, you'll get it when EA/BW decides you should get it, not when you think you should get it.

Again, arguing semantics. As to the other major features dropped, those were mostly class changes that didn't make it in to Beta or having made it into Beta got dropped or seriously changed before Live. You can probably add Boss changes in various raids and heroics but I don't consider those major. Regardless, plenty was changed or dropped that was major, regardless of what you think qualifies as major. And there was roflstomping. I read it. I saw every single post about Blizzard not delivering something that was promised just as I read every complaint thread that boiled down to "nerf them, buff me".

I believe that most people who read the sentence "Blizzard dropped major features just before release and the fans roflstomped them for it" would envision Blizzard having an unfinished game and needing to cut a bunch of features to get it out the door. Then the fans rebelled over it; perhaps even leading to the subscription decline that Cataclysm started(roflstompage). Mostly because that's what those words mean. So you can call it semantics all you want, but it's instead a proper presentation of the facts.

What you are doing is ignoring the fact that people have given you a valid and understandable reason why you are wrong

Nobody has even responded to me besides Arkerus(people = plural, person = singular, semantics again) and he didn't say anything that addressed what I was saying either. He also felt the need to take glee in pointing out I won't get what I want. Pretty weird habit around here.

Only two things have been said:

People will whine if something gets changed from what was shown

To which I respond: so what if they do?

To which the only response I've received is: People will whine if something gets changed from what was shown

No one has actually made an argument for why the complainers suddenly matter enough when any other day they'd be called a vocal minority that BioWare shouldn't pay attention to. As I already said, I suspect it's because it's more important to win an argument on the forums.

Edited by Senrie

Because other people ruined it for you by taking anything said by a Dev as gospel or by complaining overmuch once they were given information.

In other words, the people that couldn't play nice screwed it up for the rest of us.

did we burn down Bioware Austin when they turned "the biggest update ever" into a update without new content?

No i was one of the few who complained about it, Bioware can get away with murder on this forum!!!

Edited by sepulhead

The game is slowly but surely entering maintenance mode. It's been proven with the ultimate switch to F2P in less than a year, gouging the playerbase with Makeb, and just focusing all resources and attention to the cash shop. Like look at the forums, threads that focus on it and CM things get an almost instant response.

:rolleyes:

So, two expansions coming out this year = entering maintenance mode.

That's some silly logic you have there.

So, two expansions coming out this year = entering maintenance mode.

That's some silly logic you have there.

logic, not sure I would call it that. That is about as far from logic as you can get. In fact I would call it opposite of logic.

Emotion, feeling, guess, conjecture would seem to fit better.

well technically he's not wrong, "slowly" over the next 5-10 years it will enter maintenance mode i.e end of life it happens with all games. Its inevitable, so depending on how you define "slow". I know they mean a year or so, but they were saying that last year. One day they'll be right and say "See I told you so"...just a lot longer than they meant.

logic, not sure I would call it that. That is about as far from logic as you can get. In fact I would call it opposite of logic.

Emotion, feeling, guess, conjecture would seem to fit better.

well technically he's not wrong, "slowly" over the next 5-10 years it will enter maintenance mode i.e end of life it happens with all games. Its inevitable, so depending on how you define "slow". I know they mean a year or so, but they were saying that last year. One day they'll be right and say "See I told you so"...just a lot longer than they meant.

You know they're just trolling when they still use the switch to F2P (option) and Makeb as examples. You know, ignoring all the great stuff we have gotten and are getting since then. :rolleyes:

You know they're just trolling when they still use the switch to F2P (option) and Makeb as examples. You know, ignoring all the great stuff we have gotten and are getting since then. :rolleyes:

true, they haven't played since then but just keep "subbing" to log in and keep flaming because they have nothing better to do.

I believe that most people who read the sentence "Blizzard dropped major features just before release and the fans roflstomped them for it" would envision Blizzard having an unfinished game and needing to cut a bunch of features to get it out the door. Then the fans rebelled over it; perhaps even leading to the subscription decline that Cataclysm started(roflstompage). Mostly because that's what those words mean. So you can call it semantics all you want, but it's instead a proper presentation of the facts.

Nobody has even responded to me besides Arkerus(people = plural, person = singular, semantics again) and he didn't say anything that addressed what I was saying either. He also felt the need to take glee in pointing out I won't get what I want. Pretty weird habit around here.

Only two things have been said:

People will whine if something gets changed from what was shown

To which I respond: so what if they do?

To which the only response I've received is: People will whine if something gets changed from what was shown

No one has actually made an argument for why the complainers suddenly matter enough when any other day they'd be called a vocal minority that BioWare shouldn't pay attention to. As I already said, I suspect it's because it's more important to win an argument on the forums.

There is no point in talking with you. Even developers have posted on AMAs and personal blogs about why they don't release information all the time. If you choose to ignore it, its up to you, but you are just being obtuse if you do.

Even Blizzard had a lengthy blue post back in the day about why they are silent on so many things.

Deal with it.

Edited by Arkerus

the 2nd expansion will not be released this year; it will get delayed like strongholds.

I happen to think you're right about this, but 2 large DLCs in 14 months is a pretty far cry from Maintenance Mode too.

The underlying point is that they are developing substantial new content. People are free to express the opinion that they don't like this game, or aren't happy with the content that is being released, but "Maintenance Mode" means something fairly specific, and this game is no where near that. (The same applies to "Pay-to-Win" being grossly misused at times.)

I would anticipate it quite honestly. Not something I'd fancy personally but I wouldn't find it surprising.

Come to think of it, I actually kind of hope it does get pushed back to 2015. Besides the fact that back-to-back Expansion patches would be kind of odd, if it did come out this year even after the delay in Strongholds, it would likely be because they tried to rush it out by X-mas. And this game does not have the strongest track record with that particular business move.

Edited by DarthDymond

Come to think of it, I actually kind of hope it does get pushed back to 2015. Besides the fact that back-to-back Expansion patches would be kind of odd, if it did come out this year even after the delay in Strongholds, it would likely be because they tried to rush it out by X-mas. And this game does not have the strongest track record with that particular business move.

Now you've jinxed it.

did we burn down Bioware Austin when they turned "the biggest update ever" into a update without new content?

No i was one of the few who complained about it, Bioware can get away with murder on this forum!!!

With the exception of trains and busses, one delay rarely leads to another. In most businesses they have more than one team working on things. That goes for SW:TOR as well.

I don't think they want the firestorm that would come from that.

They may not want it but the real question is if they can actually avoid it. As Darth_Dymond pointed out, I for one also have some serious issues accepting that they'll release two digital expansions back-to-back.

With the exception of trains and busses, one delay rarely leads to another. In most businesses they have more than one team working on things. That goes for SW:TOR as well.

If that was the case, then I guess Eric wouldn't have mentioned that Bioware had to delay - indefinitely - some stuff they had for GSF, in order to focus on the upcoming expansion(s).

Edited by Darth_Wicked

They may not want it but the real question is if they can actually avoid it. As Darth_Dymond pointed out, I for one also have some serious issues accepting that they'll release two digital expansions back-to-back.

Well I guess my Optimism is too high.