Why is Bioware so silent about strongholds

sepulhead

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned Outlaw's Den and the Western Shelf on Ilum, not Oricon last I checked. The latter doesn't have you walking around PvP flagged with no opt-out, does it?

You need to check your eyesight or go back to school most likely. Where...

Have I ever stated that the vast majority of stuff for Strongholds would be available only on the CM? I didn't even mention the specifics you suggest, namely furniture.

Again, learn to read / interpret stuff before spouting the random BS for the day; It would reflect greatly on you.

The last I checked WPVP was defined as PVP in the open world. That happens frequently on my server, at least. Splitting hairs past that point is just playing semantic games and walking the goalposts back.

You say that they're doing Housing for reasons of selling stuff on the CM. I postulate that if the vast majority of the stuff regarding Housing will come from in-game activities, then they're spending more money than they're making in regards to CM-Housing items.

So, in essence, your statement is wrong-headed and silly.

I'm picking up on a pattern of evasive semantic games and word play. You 'do' realize how it looks when you do that, right?

And we had ships since the launch. But don't bother. I know your point as it is always the same
If strongholds were like ships, they would be lame.

If ships were like strongholds, they would be awesome.

They can't do much on housing. That is why I don't think it is a good idea to begin with. I'd rather use those resources on other things. As I said, I don't pay GSF at all but I'd rather them expand on it than housing. PVP, Ops, FPs, re-vamping leveling (heroics etc..), a new companion, new class... any other content is basically better than housing.

So you admit that this is basically because you personally don't find housing interesting.

There are plenty of players who do, however.

Should their needs not be met because you don't like it?

So you admit that this is basically because you personally don't find housing interesting.

I say the same thing about PvP and yet we still have that.

If strongholds were like ships, they would be lame.

If ships were like strongholds, they would be awesome.

I know but my point was against his Open World PVP argument. He basically said no need for Open world PVP because it actually exists. They exist as much housing exist today. And people are asking for it as much they are asking for housing. At least open world pvp would be interactive unlike housing.

I believe that most people who read the sentence "Blizzard dropped major features just before release and the fans roflstomped them for it" would envision Blizzard having an unfinished game and needing to cut a bunch of features to get it out the door. Then the fans rebelled over it; perhaps even leading to the subscription decline that Cataclysm started(roflstompage). Mostly because that's what those words mean. So you can call it semantics all you want, but it's instead a proper presentation of the facts.

Believe what you like, but don't try to make it sound like the majority think they way you do. You are using a false argument trying to give alternate meaning to what was written, which is typical of someone who doesn't know what they are talking about and has no real argument.

What was said was exactly what was meant. On numerous occasions Blizzard has announced something, dropped it or severely changed it and reaped the whirlwind of whine-spam on their forums because the losers think whenever a Dev says something it is a done deal. How you read your delusional take on what I wrote is beyond me, but again I'm not surprised.

Nobody has even responded to me besides Arkerus(people = plural, person = singular, semantics again) and he didn't say anything that addressed what I was saying either. He also felt the need to take glee in pointing out I won't get what I want. Pretty weird habit around here.

Only two things have been said:

People will whine if something gets changed from what was shown

To which I respond: so what if they do?

To which the only response I've received is: People will whine if something gets changed from what was shown

No one has actually made an argument for why the complainers suddenly matter enough when any other day they'd be called a vocal minority that BioWare shouldn't pay attention to. As I already said, I suspect it's because it's more important to win an argument on the forums.

You've been answered multiple times by multiple people but you refuse to accept what people are saying or you are reading into it whatever delusion has you in its grasp at the time of your reading. It's obvious that you are nothing more than a waste of time so welcome to the ignore list. It isn't very big but it is populated by people just like you so you should be happy there.

I know but my point was against his Open World PVP argument. He basically said no need for Open world PVP because it actually exists. They exist as much housing exist today. And people are asking for it as much they are asking for housing. At least open world pvp would be interactive unlike housing.

No, I'm stating that there's no need to implement WPVP because it already exists. You don't need to create something that already exists.

I don't care either for housing or open world pvp or some of the other things I mentioned above. My point is from the things they could choose housing is the worst because it is not interactive. Why did they choose it? Probably easier to do have some revenue potential

I don't care either for housing or open world pvp or some of the other things I mentioned above. My point is from the things they could choose housing is the worst because it is not interactive. Why did they choose it? Probably easier to do have some revenue potential

Housing isn't interactive? What does that even mean?

We're going to be doing OPs/FPs/grinding/crafting and buying stuff for Housing on a steady regular basis. How is that not the very definition of 'interactive'?

You keep saying it's not interactive, but we don't know that yet.

The last I checked WPVP was defined as PVP in the open world. That happens frequently on my server, at least. Splitting hairs past that point is just playing semantic games and walking the goalposts back.

It's not playing semantics but you rather avoiding the real issue and / or subject.

Both the Outlaw's Den and the Western Ice Shelf on Ilum were part of Bioware's attempt to have a dedicated area in the game world, where people could engage - with no opt-out(!!!) - in WPVP.

This is FACT. It pretty much failed unfortunately.

I also see people engaging in PvP in my server but I wouldn't exactly call it something on par with that which Bioware had in mind, when they designed the Outlaw's Den or said Shelf on Ilum.

Claiming otherwise is just deluding yourself and trying to mislead others in the process.

You say that they're doing Housing for reasons of selling stuff on the CM.

I postulate that if the vast majority of the stuff regarding Housing will come from in-game activities, then they're spending more money than they're making in regards to CM-Housing items.

I never said that.

Again, learn to read and / or interpret stuff correctly. I'll even help you out, like I'd do a 5-year old...

They can increase the revenue they obtain from the Cartel Market, by introducing stuff for people to purchase with real money from there; It's not rocket science exactly.

Needless beating around the bush here.

Trying to deny the FACT that an increase in Cartel Market revenue had no bearing whatsoever in introducing said feature is like claiming that the Earth is flat.

I for one have no issue with it; As I've said, it's not rocket science and it makes sense from a business perspective. Regardless, I have yet to see where I ever stated this...

Also, they've stated that most of the furnishing related stuff will be gained from in-game activities, not the CM. You should try reading up on the stuff before making silly easily refuted claims.

Ohhhh wait, I didn't. You're just trying too hard truth be told.

So, in essence, your statement is wrong-headed and silly.

The only silliness I have perceived thus far is your inability to read or interpret what other people type, nothing more.

I'm picking up on a pattern of evasive semantic games and word play. You 'do' realize how it looks when you do that, right?

I'm not the one who chose to avoid the subject when I first mentioned the Outlaw's Den or WPVP on Ilum, not to mention displaying a total inability to read / interpret what other people type.

Try again or if you prefer, troll harder.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

All the chicken little, sky is falling posts. But people seem to forget that E3 is next week, chances are that BW will announce more stuff next week.

Now, back to your conspiracy theories.

I was talking to Eric and he said that Vette is going to be inhabited by Malgus' force ghost in the next xpac.

Housing doesn't exist, tho.

At least not in the form that's coming.

Ships = a room that can have a GTN terminal, mailbox, and a cargo hold = VIP lounge.

Even with no info on Strongholds beyond what has been released in the teaser videos, it's already clear that they're far superior to ships.

Open world PvP exists.

People may not like to do it for whatever reason, but it's clearly there so your analogy is flawed.

Housing doesn't exist, tho.

Open world PvP exists.

People may not like to do it for whatever reason, but it's clearly there so your analogy is flawed.

It isn't. Housing also exist in the form of ships. People may not like it for whatever reason but it is clearly there.

It isn't. Housing also exist in the form of ships. People may not like it for whatever reason but it is clearly there.

That isn't housing. It is a place with a bank access and a mailbox... that's pretty much it... housing includes loads more features than that.

If a game came out and had that and actively marketed it as housing, they'd be laughed at.

Like your first reply to me, you again say I've ignored something I've addressed directly. Pretty cute tactic you have there. You, on the other hand, haven't responded to anything I've said. I really don't think we even disagree much but you're too caught up in forum combat trying to defeat me to have a civil discussion with. People like you make the forum experience just as bad as the malcontents, but more obnoxious because you think you're the good guys.

And in that post it was also said why it's important to maintain the connection with the community despite the negatives. Ghostcrawler since went on to stress this community interaction repeatedly, even after leaving Blizzard. And Blizzard still releases information constantly.

Anyone who doesn't know and thinks I might be wrong, go look at MMO-Champion and compare to Dulfy's SWTOR section. Look at the massive amounts of information WoW gets. Look at the dates of the posts. WoW gets more information in a week than TOR does in months.

Take a break from the forums. I certainly will be at this rate. I've only been here for two days and I'm already sick of dealing with the likes of you.

And once again you take sound arguments from developers, EXPLAINING why they don't update the community on a constant basis and try it and turn it into some argument that they actually do? What kind of logic is that? Of course community is important but like they say...it has to be handled properly. You obviously don't get that and want them to just blather on about half finished updates (which is ridiculous).

And as for WoW updates...WoW is about 10 times the size of this game and they have a development and PR staff much larger than Bioware Austin. SO it makes sense they get more updates. That's how it works. PEOPLE STILL COMPLAIN THEY DON'T COMMUNICATE ENOUGH. See how ridiculous that is?

Enjoy your vacation. I'll be here, not complaining, because my precious self hasn't been updated on housing for 5 minutes.

Oh thats right... We just got a promotional video because...wait for it...they were ready to release it.

Like I always say...deal with it. We'll get news when they are ready to release it. They aren't going to hide good, promotional material.

Edited by Arkerus

Another delay?

Strongholds being underwhelming?

Bioware firing most of pr team?

Because in the past when something didn't happen that they said would happen, no matter how legitimate the reason, people freaked out and called them liars and worse. So now they don't share any details until those details are solid, likely meaning the feature has been "completed" an in internal testing for a while.