Why is Bioware so silent about strongholds

sepulhead

I don't remember ever paying a sub to my parents. Probably not the most apt comparison either, though not as bad as the one before. :p

That's cuz ur parents loved you...mine didn't, I had to do things like yard work, mowing, raking, picking up dog poop, cleaning, making my bed just to slip back in it minutes later...it was horrible!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cuz ur parents loved you...mine didn't, I had to do things like yard work, mowing, raking, picking up dog poop, cleaning, making my bed just to slip back in it minutes later...it was horrible!

I did that too. Fairly sure they love me back then too... Come to think of it, I still do some of those things nowadays. :confused:

I know..and I didn't even get an ALLOWANCE!!! during summer months we would go out on weekends and spend all day cutting, chopping, hauling and stacking fire wood so that we didn't have to do it during winter. But once in awhile if we did alot and got ahead we'd go out shooting, or play catch.

I did that too. Fairly sure they love me back then too... Come to think of it, I still do some of those things nowadays. :confused:

Wait a minute...so do I?! Funny thing is, if I made my kids do half the things I had to do then, I'd be reported for child abuse...it seems like our generation may have gotten played...:confused:

I leave for Tacos and this thread is civil...

Good...

HOW DARE YOU LEAVE FOR TACOS AND NOT SHARE!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

damn, now i want tacos:(

Edited by DOHboy

The cynic in me agrees completely with this. However...I also know that GSF blew me away from what I expected...hell, the end of 2013 was amazing as far as I'm concerned...so I'm torn on this.

im glad GSF blew you away... for me i found i had already been playing a much better version of it a year before B^P

i just hope strongholds isnt just a cheap half finished copy of some other game like GSF was B^(

I know..and I didn't even get an ALLOWANCE!!! during summer months we would go out on weekends and spend all day cutting, chopping, hauling and stacking fire wood so that we didn't have to do it during winter. But once in awhile if we did alot and got ahead we'd go out shooting, or play catch.

Guess it's better than what me and my brother did, we'd shoot arrows at each other to play catch after the chores were done. Sad to say I'm not even exaggerating. I'm surprised the state didn't take us away for child endangerment, but then again, I think the neighbors just wanted to see if we would miss first so they never turned us in. Or they were afraid of the new hillbillies in the neighborhood.

As I've observed to usually be the case with WoW-expats, you're making stuff up. Path of the Titans was the only "major feature" dropped, it wasn't "just before release", and its removal played almost no role in the criticism Cataclysm received.

It doesn't matter if features and design changes from previews. Previews are meant to get you excited, to get you interested. You stress that everything is subject to change and if something does you let the community know. I agree with TUXs that there isn't much excitement around here...since the months I've been playing this community seems to have a certain lethargy I'm not used to.

Wrong. I don't need to "make stuff up"...Blizzard made plenty of changes after announcements that there is no need to make anything up. The Path system wasn't the only major thing dropped or changed but it was dropped completely just a few months before launch after half a year of playing up its awesomeness...

Previews are used by ******s to post more and more complaints about things, troll the forums and cause general mayhem and discontent. This community is simply tired of all the drama queens who come out of the woodwork at the drop of a hat. They can stress the "subject to change" thing all they want, the dregs of the player base will throw it back at them as a "promise" whenever it suits them.

And if you need a preview to be excited about a game...you probably shouldn't be playing the game. I get enjoyment from playing with friends, not from announcements.

Wrong. I don't need to "make stuff up"...Blizzard made plenty of changes after announcements that there is no need to make anything up. The Path system wasn't the only major thing dropped or changed but it was dropped completely just a few months before launch after half a year of playing up its awesomeness...

Previews are used by ******s to post more and more complaints about things, troll the forums and cause general mayhem and discontent. This community is simply tired of all the drama queens who come out of the woodwork at the drop of a hat. They can stress the "subject to change" thing all they want, the dregs of the player base will throw it back at them as a "promise" whenever it suits them.

And if you need a preview to be excited about a game...you probably shouldn't be playing the game. I get enjoyment from playing with friends, not from announcements.

Why can't I be excited and gain enjoyment from both the game and future content?

Why can't I be excited and gain enjoyment from both the game and future content?

Because other people ruined it for you by taking anything said by a Dev as gospel or by complaining overmuch once they were given information.

In other words, the people that couldn't play nice screwed it up for the rest of us.

Because you would disappoint Yoda: "All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless. "

Don't get poked with a stick by Yoda. Keep your mind on where the game is.

I was talking about what you said about Cataclysm. You said "just before release" "major features" were dropped when in fact only one major feature didn't make it to release(name me another?). Now you're saying a few months before launch. It was six months before launch; so more several than few, but okay. Now say when it actually happened: just before the beta. Just before beta sounds kind of different from just before release, don't you think? Could just be me.

You also said Blizzard was "roflstomped" by the community because of it when actually the overwhelmingly majority of criticism Cataclysm got was about its design and difficulty. The community had already accepted Path of the Titans removal before/during beta.

You said these things as an example for why Bioware shouldn't preview their development, and it's wrong on every level. But for some reason Arkerus calls it PERFECT.

I know some of you who keep arguing this line would be the first to dismiss complainers as an insignificant, ineffectual vocal minority. I've seen it before. But now that they're useful in an argument, suddenly their importance and influence swells.

Petty forum arguments are irrelevant to the larger community of almost every game; BioWare doesn't need to be afraid of the malcontents who start them.

Edited by Senrie

The other fun part of this equation is that none of us are beholden to Bioware. They provide entertainment, and one that's been lacking for months now. Players quitting doesn't effect my bottom line at all - in fact, I probably get a crap ton more done around the house than I would if they were releasing new content regularly. But not everyone is as patient as I am...and during this lull in content, players are off playing other games and forgetting about this one.

But please, continue to chastise the customer for asking for more information...

most businesses would drool over having a customer base that was demanding more advertising. more stuff to spend money on. can you see a car sales man telling a customer that wanted to see the adverts for the new models coming out no? not a chance.

I was talking about what you said about Cataclysm. You said "just before release" "major features" were dropped when in fact only one major feature didn't make it to release(name me another?). Now you're saying a few months before launch, which sounds a bit better. Now say what it actually was: just before the beta. Just before beta sounds kind of different from just before release, don't you think? Could just be me.

You also said Blizzard was "roflstomped" by the community because of it when actually the overwhelmingly majority of criticism Cataclysm got was about its design and difficulty. The community had already accepted Path of the Titans removal before/during beta.

You said these things as an example for why Bioware shouldn't preview their development, and it's wrong on every level. But for some reason Arkerus calls it PERFECT.

I know some of you who keep arguing this line would be the first to dismiss complainers as an insignificant, ineffectual vocal minority. I've seen it before. But now that they're useful in an argument, suddenly their importance and influence swells.

Petty forum arguments are irrelevant to the larger community of almost every game; BioWare doesn't need to be afraid of the malcontents who start them.

A few months IS just before launch when talking about something that was two years in the making. If all you can do is argue semantics it is obvious you don't have any arguments, let alone a clue.

Furthermore, I didn't bring up the Path initially. There were a great many changes in Cataclysm prior to release that had a large portion of the forum trolls in a froth. There were a great many changes in WotLK that had them frothing. Ditto BC...and what you consider "not major" might not be what others consider major.

And it is only wrong in your self-delusional world where no one will say anything about changes once a Dev says something. The fact that what I said is true and has ample evidence as to its veracity is just something you want to ignore. That is your prerogative but those of us who live in the real world know better.

Show one shred of evidence to your opinion, ditch the attacks on people who don't agree with you and form your original post in a constructive way instead of automatically being negative because all you look like is a troll making another trolling statement without merit.