Why is Bioware so silent about strongholds

sepulhead

There is no point in talking with you. Even developers have posted on AMAs and personal blogs about why they don't release information all the time. If you choose to ignore it, its up to you, but you are just being obtuse if you do.

Like your first reply to me, you again say I've ignored something I've addressed directly. Pretty cute tactic you have there. You, on the other hand, haven't responded to anything I've said. I really don't think we even disagree much but you're too caught up in forum combat trying to defeat me to have a civil discussion with. People like you make the forum experience just as bad as the malcontents, but more obnoxious because you think you're the good guys.

Even Blizzard had a lengthy blue post back in the day about why they are silent on so many things.

And in that post it was also said why it's important to maintain the connection with the community despite the negatives. Ghostcrawler since went on to stress this community interaction repeatedly, even after leaving Blizzard. And Blizzard still releases information constantly.

Anyone who doesn't know and thinks I might be wrong, go look at MMO-Champion and compare to Dulfy's SWTOR section. Look at the massive amounts of information WoW gets. Look at the dates of the posts. WoW gets more information in a week than TOR does in months.

Deal with it.

Take a break from the forums. I certainly will be at this rate. I've only been here for two days and I'm already sick of dealing with the likes of you.

Edited by Senrie

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So looking at the videos, and there is nothing there. I mean the apartment looks good but, what will I do in the apartment, watch tv? Let's say it is a place where I can display my stuff. again, what would that do? I will not go other people's apartments to see their saber collection or legacy achievements. If we are waiting all these months for this, it is a shame.

So looking at the videos, and there is nothing there. I mean the apartment looks good but, what will I do in the apartment, watch tv? Let's say it is a place where I can display my stuff. again, what would that do? I will not go other people's apartments to see their saber collection or legacy achievements. If we are waiting all these months for this, it is a shame.

That's my thought to. I guess ppl who RP are a lot more excited & will be throwing party's or whatever in their palaces. But personally.....all I care about so far is the legacy storage.

What would you have them do to make it better then? How about some suggestions instead of just complaints?

That's my thought to. I guess ppl who RP are a lot more excited & will be throwing party's or whatever in their palaces. But personally.....all I care about so far is the legacy storage.

Yes, but it's pretty much like someone complaining about the lack of NPC opponents and RP areas in PvP...

Housing is, for the most part, firmly in the RP territory. It should come as no surprise that non RP people will see no great use for it.

That doesn't make it an invalid addition.

I don't PvP, but that doesn't mean I go whining every time a PvP map is released.

What be "Optimism"? Some indian spice? :confused:

Optimism is the opposite of being disappointed and/or angered by things that have not happened yet and that you don't know much about.

For example, when you see someone post

I do not know what BW will do this year, but it will be awful, I am angry, rage quit!
Optimism is the opposite of that. Edited by BuriDogshin

It should come as no surprise that non RP people will see no great use for [housing].

Except for the ability to quick-travel to your stronghold, and then QT back to where you previously were after, say, moving stuff in/out of your vault. That sounds pretty useful to non-RP people.

Except for the ability to quick-travel to your stronghold, and then QT back to where you previously were after, say, moving stuff in/out of your vault. That sounds pretty useful to non-RP people.

Well yeah, that and the legacy storage, but the house itself is of little use to many players. That doesn't mean it's not a valid addition to the game.

I mean, for those purposes it could just have been a tiny hovel somewhere with no furnishing at all. (which I don't doubt many peoples houses will be)

I hardly ever PvP for example, but I still consider new PvP maps valid additions to the game since I know people play PvP.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Yes, but it's pretty much like someone complaining about the lack of NPC opponents and RP areas in PvP...

Housing is, for the most part, firmly in the RP territory. It should come as no surprise that non RP people will see no great use for it.

That doesn't make it an invalid addition.

I don't PvP, but that doesn't mean I go whining every time a PvP map is released.

Awwww don't get it twisted, I'm not whining.....I think the housing is cool. A lot of ppl asked for it, and they delivered. That's a win! And if it brings in more players then it's an even bigger win. I was one of those ppl who didn't care one way or the other about housing, but REALLY wanted legacy storage. :D

Now if they'll just add joystick support to GSF :rolleyes:

You could if they dedicated an entire expansion to a PVP map. This is more like GSF (and I don't play GSF at all) Except GSF at least brings some interaction, some learning, practice etc.. Housing does not do any of this.

You could if they dedicated an entire expansion to a PVP map. This is more like GSF (and I don't play GSF at all) Except GSF at least brings some interaction, some learning, practice etc.. Housing does not do any of this.

We don't know what it's going to do...

Awwww don't get it twisted, I'm not whining.....I think the housing is cool. A lot of ppl asked for it, and they delivered. That's a win! And if it brings in more players then it's an even bigger win. I was one of those ppl who didn't care one way or the other about housing, but REALLY wanted legacy storage. :D

Now if they'll just add joystick support to GSF :rolleyes:

I wasn't saying you were whining. I meant the other guys... the ones that were :)

Those were the ones WE were talking about right? :)

I wouldn't complain about it. The PvP community has as much right to get an expansion as any other community. I still wouldn't use it since I don't like PvP, but it would still be a valid addition.

An the RP community hasn't had a single thing dedicated to them since launch... so it's overdue. (also, there are things in the expansion that are good for the average player too. Like the instant QT to and from the place you are and the Legacy Bank)

Besides, you still haven't answered my previous question; What would you have them do to make it better then? How about some suggestions instead of just complaints?

Besides, you still haven't answered my previous question; What would you have them do to make it better then? How about some suggestions instead of just complaints?

They can't do much on housing. That is why I don't think it is a good idea to begin with. I'd rather use those resources on other things. As I said, I don't pay GSF at all but I'd rather them expand on it than housing. PVP, Ops, FPs, re-vamping leveling (heroics etc..), a new companion, new class... any other content is basically better than housing.

They can't do much on housing. That is why I don't think it is a good idea to begin with. I'd rather use those resources on other things. As I said, I don't pay GSF at all but I'd rather them expand on it than housing. PVP, Ops, FPs, re-vamping leveling (heroics etc..), a new companion, new class... any other content is basically better than housing.

Ah yes, because the calls for Housing haven't been steady and persistent since beta.

They can increase the revenue they obtain from the Cartel Market, by introducing stuff for people to purchase with real money from there; It's not rocket science exactly.

Needless beating around the bush here.

We've had WPVP since launch, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Try "dead" since launch for the most part. Western Shelf on Ilum and the Outlaw's Den show as much.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

They can increase the revenue they obtain from the Cartel Market, by introducing stuff for people to purchase with real money from there; It's not rocket science exactly.

Try "dead" since launch for the most part. Western Shelf on Ilum and the Outlaw's Den shows as much.

Maybe on your server. I see plenty of WPVP on JC on Oricon and we're a PVE server.

Also, they've stated that most of the furnishing related stuff will be gained from in-game activities, not the CM. You should try reading up on the stuff before making silly easily refuted claims.

You should try reading up on the stuff before making silly easily refuted claims.
Don't say that!

If people took that advice, there'd only be like 4 posts a week here and then I wouldn't have anything to read when I'm bored.

Maybe on your server. I see plenty of WPVP on JC on Oricon and we're a PVE server.

I mentioned Outlaw's Den and the Western Shelf on Ilum, not Oricon last I checked. The latter doesn't have you walking around PvP flagged with no opt-out, does it?

Also, they've stated that most of the furnishing related stuff will be gained from in-game activities, not the CM. You should try reading up on the stuff before making silly easily refuted claims.

You need to check your eyesight or go back to school most likely. Where...

Have I ever stated that the vast majority of stuff for Strongholds would be available only on the CM? I didn't even mention the specifics you suggest, namely furniture.

Again, learn to read / interpret stuff before spouting the random BS for the day; It would reflect greatly on you.

Edited by Darth_Wicked