• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another delay?

Strongholds being underwhelming?

Bioware firing most of pr team?

Players take every bit of info as 'set in stone' and freak out when things change while in development.

So they've learned to be conservative with releasing info.

Another delay?

Strongholds being underwhelming?

Bioware firing most of pr team?

Or they are working like crazy to actually finish the content they promised ;).

Look, the SWTOR fell victim to hype, so they are probably concerned about over-promising.

- Arcada

Because it is still a relatively long ways off yet, and lots can still happen between now and then.

Additionally they are working on 2.8 and releasing that here next week. Once that is out the door I would suspect we start hearing more information on what to expect.

As with many things you can have patience; or jump to conclusions,wail and complain, or may wild *** guesses on what/why.

It comes down to a simple fact, you either enjoy the game or you don't. Anything they say is either slammed as not enough,or as underwhelming for what they did.

Because it is still a relatively long ways off yet, and lots can still happen between now and then.

Additionally they are working on 2.8 and releasing that here next week. Once that is out the door I would suspect we start hearing more information on what to expect.

As with many things you can have patience; or jump to conclusions,wail and complain, or may wild *** guesses on what/why.

It comes down to a simple fact, you either enjoy the game or you don't. Anything they say is either slammed as not enough,or as underwhelming for what they did.

In truth, they're working on 2.8 and 2.9 and 3.0 all at the same time, while also working on class balance, PVP balance and probably a handful of other things that we don't know about yet.

People see a lack of info and assume they're all sitting in Austin playing Solitaire and collecting a paycheck.

Because they are busy designing the art assets, writing the code, etc. As a dev a supposedly 30 minute distraction to write some puff piece for our users actually costs me 1 - 2 hours of productive programming time. So imagine how long those dev diary videos waste. Edited by Irongut

Maybe it is because they want to wait till they can give full information that is 100% certain going to happen. They might have noticed that if they show only the little bit that is finished people will wander off with that information and create their own 'truth' about it and either complain about it while they don't even know everything yet or get overly excited over something they misinterpreted and later get disappointed.

I think i have read somewhere that they will wait with releasing more detailed information until they can tell us exactly how the housing system works. And good for them, because if they only give half the information the things i mentioned before will happen.

So hold your breath a little longer people, although i am sure a lovely youtube video with little information but nice views will be released shortly as well.

I fully understand peoples' desire to learn more about GS and the other stuff that's coming this year. Hell, I check the forums daily to see if anything new has been released. It gets frustrating at times, but then I get distracted by RL and I get over it.

They are still trying to come up with a good super secret password and knocking system to let you in to the stronghold. Once they have that then they will let us into the fort to play.

I call the couch fort!

I think i have read somewhere that they will wait with releasing more detailed information until they can tell us exactly how the housing system works. And good for them, because if they only give half the information the things i mentioned before will happen.

If they don't know EXACTLY how it'll work by now, they have issues. WoW can release details about upcoming expansions nearly a year ahead of its release, yet Bioware can't tell us more about an update that's already delayed? Hmmm...

If they don't know EXACTLY how it'll work by now, they have issues. WoW can release details about upcoming expansions nearly a year ahead of its release, yet Bioware can't tell us more about an update that's already delayed? Hmmm...

Opinions are awesome, aren't they?

Also, blizzard is the worst company out there when it comes to releasing content. The current skuttlebutt is that their latest expansion won't be out until December, with a year long gap with no new content whatsoever of any kind at all before it releases in the winter.

That's the sort of thing that makes me appreciate BW developers a bit more.

Opinions are awesome, aren't they?

Also, blizzard is the worst company out there when it comes to releasing content. The current skuttlebutt is that their latest expansion won't be out until December, with a year long gap with no new content whatsoever of any kind at all before it releases in the winter.

That's the sort of thing that makes me appreciate BW developers a bit more.

That wasn't an opinion, it was a questioning statement.

And quite often the details that were released a year early are wrong when the product is released. Cataclysm is a good example of that, with major features dropped just before release and they got roflstomped by the player base for it.

It's a Catch-22 that EA/BW avoids by only releasing info when it's all but final.