A sneak peek from James Ohlen

StephenReid

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the game but serious problems with grouping and finding guilds etc when there is no global chat, no lfg feature no server-guild information available online. Although millions are playing I sometimes feel like I'm alone. Still love the game but it will get old like this.

I am loving this game to death, almost level 50 already. However, we gotta have some way to find members to form flashpoints with easier. Most people aren't on the Imperial Fleet so we can't find people in the fleet's general chat easily. Then, flying to a planet equal in level is a pain. Why not at least have some galaxy wide LFG channel, or multiple channels for say levels 1-20, 30-40, 40-50? Just a thought. Amazing game though.

How about

- Mounts (life ones)

- Freeflight

- Space battles

- More open PvP

- More FLUFF stuff..like collectables, trophies

- A place to decorate on your ship and where you can place trophies (like eq2 and SWG)

- Deeper craft system

- Pod racing

- better cantina music and atmosphere when you enter a cantina

etc. Dont really need more flashpoints or operations at this point.. havent even done other ones yet or level to 50.. were not all raiding you know.. need more solo stuff..FLUFF..things to do

:) :)

Live mounts would be an ok addition, as long as they went slower than speeders as it should be. There are tons of space battles. Half the Flashpoints, and all of the fighter missions take place in space battles. Open Pvp happen on Pvp servers. Theres about 60 holocrons for you to collect. They already said thier working on ship customization. The craft system is fine. Pod racing sucks, I would rather have swoop races. The Cantina music is amazing.

At first I was disappointed, and got worried that you guys plan on keeping this game going by adding in a flashpoint, warzone, and operation in every update, but then I realized that the amount of content you have planned for the first patch is quite small, considering that I assume a pretty big team is working on this game. I'm assuming you guys have something big in the works.

I am a good old fashioned RPGer...

To all you PVPers out there this is an mmoRPG and my experiences with RPG means you do not butcher other PCs, but I must admit normally PCs are on the same side.

Everquest, Ultima Online, then Dark Age of Camelot...before that there were MUDS for the MMORPG community. These "old school" RPGs have you fight other PCs, that was the initial appeal of MMORPGs, that instead of fighting AI you fight other live players who can learn/adapt/behave unpredictably, then when you face them again, and again, and again, well it develops a sense of community, friendly competition (in the healthy-minded individuals)...I bet you people who were vile enemies on those games back in the day, if they were to cross paths today (most of the time) they'd be like "ohhh! that was you! those were the days man!" and be good buds. The other thing that came along with those games involves the MASSIVE part. Teams of anywhere from 5-100 people, fighting another team of 5-100 people (sometimes 5v100, sometimes 5v5, sometimes 100v100)...it's AWESOME, I hope you experience it someday!

How about

- Mounts (life ones)

- Freeflight

- Space battles

- More open PvP

- More FLUFF stuff..like collectables, trophies

- A place to decorate on your ship and where you can place trophies (like eq2 and SWG)

- Deeper craft system

- Pod racing

- better cantina music and atmosphere when you enter a cantina

etc. Dont really need more flashpoints or operations at this point.. havent even done other ones yet or level to 50.. were not all raiding you know.. need more solo stuff..FLUFF..things to do

:) :)

If you read the blog, James mentions how they have already talked about features they want to include but haven't given a lot of detail about content. This update was mostly for those that wanted to know about content.

One of the biggest mistakes people seem to be making is that they think that because BioWare wants to do C, they can't do A and B at the same time. Some peoploe want them to fix the bugs currently in the game before they add more content. Just because they are adding more content doesn't mean they are stopping everything else. BioWare is learning but I'm sure they have basic concepts like organizing their Dev teams. Someone who helps in combat design probably isn't going to help with crafting just like the costume designers won't be creating new Warzones.

On a side note, I think living mounts are obsolete at this point. Unless they bump up the pilot ranks for the vehicles and make animal mounts the first ones you get. Doesn't make a lot of sense to have an animal move faster than a vehicle in a futuristic space-age game...

I'm with the OP as I have not experienced past level 18 in the game - but I'm glad to see that they are already prepared to pump out new content! As long as the new content is meaningful and enjoyable I don't care how often they add it because I'm a slow gamer and I take my time.

I love me some new stuff but, I hope there is something for PvP soon. Open world PvP needs some sort of reward system for kills. Tonight there was some sweet open PvP battles on Tatooine (bondar crystal server) for about 2-3 hrs. Although it is fun it would be nice to see some rewards.

These features sound cool and all, but where is the feature I really want right now?

The feature I'm talking about is a hood toggle. I'm really bothered by the absence of this feature, because it almost seems biased against Jedi, because they are only class not allowed to hide the thing covering their heads. (before anyone asks, no, choosing to hide the head slot will not work, as the hood is part of the chest piece)

Edited by rashencyberspeed

Some of you people truly don't know the power of the Star Wars fan. This game will be kept alive until something else Star Wars is made.

One thing, I wish to god that the PvP was like Battlefront 2 but that's just a dream. Or freeroam PvP space battles.

Yeah, there are bugs and of course they have a team working on those.

I'm with some of the other guys here, the game isn't finished, it does need ALOT of fixes before new content is released. The PVP system in particular is the main 'thing to do' at 50, and currently it's got 3 Bg's which is very limited and the whole combat system with no deminishing returns and extreme 'lag' is very unejoyable.

Not a single mention of what they're doing about open world PvP. This game is going to be short-lived by many people. I guess I should have learned from WoW and only gotten a 3 month subscription to start instead of 6 months. I was so fed up with WoW after 4 months, 1) because it was boring to play but mostly 2) because there was no viable PvP. My 6 month subscription came up and they announced battlegrounds slightly before, so I renewed for 3 months thinking 'ah! they're addressing PvP!!!', only to play it for a month and realize how horrible it was.

This game at least has some story and interesting characters to play going for it, so I might actually last the 6 months without getting extremely upset.

However, I'm already quite upset at the lack of OWPvP...at about 25 I started to get REALLY ITCHY for PvP, now I'm 31 and I've had maybe 2 decent 'battles' with some people and 2 1v1 experiences and got so itching for some PvP action I actually tried a WZ. Big mistake there, it made me really disgusted with the game and makes me even more disgusted that they're working on making more of those. That is not PvP, if I wanted something like that I'd play CS.

You put such an over-emphasis on PvP's significance in MMO's nowadays that it's almost laughable.

Really, get over yourself.

LOL, at the WoW now kids, One dude complains that there is only going to be 1 new flashpoint in just a few days along with the other content they mentioned, next post complains dont add to much new content. One guy wants more PVE followed directly by another guy that wants BW to forget PVE and put more PVP. I keep seeing post about game breaking bugs...really? Havent seen but 1 place I got stuck and used /stuck to clear it, local chat is about joining flash points, quests, or doing elite content not one word on game breaking bugs. So either people are exaggerating the bugs or are flat out lying

LOL, at the WoW now kids, One dude complains that there is only going to be 1 new flashpoint in just a few days along with the other content they mentioned, next post complains dont add to much new content. One guy wants more PVE followed directly by another guy that wants BW to forget PVE and put more PVP. I keep seeing post about game breaking bugs...really? Havent seen but 1 place I got stuck and used /stuck to clear it, local chat is about joining flash points, quests, or doing elite content not one word on game breaking bugs. So either people are exaggerating the bugs or are flat out lying

As long as people don't get exactly what they want, they will complain about it.

As for the whole they should fix bugs first...well they are constantly fixing bugs. MMOs need to release new content on a regular basis now just to compete. If all they did in the first month was just fix bugs they would lose money. You need to give folks a reason to resub every month.

Love the idea of new content - but what about bug fixes?

Following a person doesn't work.

Satele Shan has been small in JK quest on Tython.

Tons of quests you have to drop and reget to make them work.

Guild problems (we still have no guild leader - and it's been 3 days since I put in a ticket...)

Memory leaks on Taris...

and the list goes on and on...

I'm sorry, but if you guys want to compete with WoW - start fixing crap that shouldn't be broken.

Because bug fixes you know, take time to fix & QA before publishing.