A sneak peek from James Ohlen

StephenReid

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on macros ?!? I can't deal with tremendous amount of abilities that need to be used on the run.

-------

STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC RULES OF CONDUCT

Last Update: November 17th, 2011

B. Mod, Hack and Cheat Prohibitions

4. You may not use macros, add-ons or other stored rapid keystrokes.

-------

Does that answer your question?

Edited by BHunterBuffy

-------

STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC RULES OF CONDUCT

Last Update: November 17th, 2011

B. Mod, Hack and Cheat Prohibitions

4. You may not use macros, add-ons or other stored rapid keystrokes.

-------

Does that answer your question?

Are you...ah crap, can't say it without receiving an infraction.

I'm talking about in-game macros, you know like WoW and Rift has, and pretty much any MMO worth a dime. Not 3rd party automated crap.

It doesn't, because the poster is refering to an ingame macro system, which would be different in purpose and feature set of the referred third party macroing tools.

Thank you. At least some one is using his brain.

Edited by Chomag

doubtful as its not canon even in the extended universe of the star wars mythos. sure there are already Yaoi and Yuri stories of it but there isn't anything that's officially canon of it so i wouldn't hold your breath.

Juhani

Guys *** serious this is like a "KINDERGARTEN" every1 is Crying, MIMI here (bug FIX) MIMI there (no need of new content), MIMI (PLS new CONTENT), MIMI (PLS PVP)......

CMON, the game has now 5 DAYS after LAUNCH.

They said already that they have many teams working on difrent stuff.

They announced new content @ the beginning of 2012.

They are trying to hear/answear to every1 and trying to please ur questions.

But still, i just need to read a bit on the Forums and i see everywhere Crying ppl.

Guys what did u make so that ur parents bought u the game, because im sure u cant be over 18.

Cmon i say it AGAIN, its the 5 DAY, they already made some fixes and solved some problems.

They are talking with the community and giving as much info as possible.

And u still CRY!!!!

*** serious, i still remember games where no1 even speakd to the community and just put some updates 2 in 2 month.

Now pls respect the ppl that are working on this BIG project and wait for it.

Any BUGS/Problems just try to give as much info as possible on the right PLACE so it can be fixed, and go PLAY the game again.

Big thx for the SW:TOR team, u made a great GAME.

Merry X-mas from Germany.

If you're taking the time to post here and provide feedback, one would hope that you want the game to succeed and are trying to help with that goal.

Those who provide that feedback via tossing grenades, predictions of doom and being incredibly negative aren't going to win the attention or respect of the makers or your fellow players. Since forum PvP is as old as forums themselves, I don't expect to change anyone's approach - just stating the obvious.

MMO vets have seen plenty of launches. Some good, some debacles. (Shameful what happened to AoC and STO because they rushed out an unfinished product. Never understood that approach, I think you get one chance to make a first impression).

Bioware's first challenge was to create an engaging and enjoyable game that captured the SW Universe. Personally, I think they should get very high marks for the launch of this game. Yes there are issues, yes there are bugs and HELL YES there's so much more I'd like to see come to this game.

But I think what we have so far is an amazing start. The long production time of this game (and lack of rush to push it out) was good decision making.

Take some time to think about everything you LIKE about the game. Then let's provide all the info we can on what needs fixing and where we'd like to see the game go. I've seen a ton of great suggestions here.

Bioware's next challenge is to KEEP us here and to adhere to the very high quality bar they've set. Time will tell. Any predictions of awesomeness or failness are just that - predictions.

In time, we'll see what they have in store. We'll see how interested they are in what the community wants. But they're never gonna be all things to all people.

I'm not a particularly fervant fan of SW itself (though I AM definitely a fan). What I've been looking for and hoping for for years was a captivating, deep and fun to play MMO.

I've been in my main game for over 4 years. This is the first one that could pull me away.

Virtually everything I've seen in guild chat and general chat echoes that sentiment.

Hiyde, Founder

Belsavis Brewing Co (Vornskr)

http://www.BBCGuild.com

I am pleased to hear the team is continuing with plans to make new content. I hope this new content doesn't become centered on war-zones flashpoints and endgame content. These things are important of course, but the galaxy should be expanded for everyone not just guilds and pvp. Please don't forget the little groups and duo/solo players in your quest to expand this fabulous game.

I'd be happy to see some more playable starting races, the handful we have for each side is very small for such a big galaxy of beings.

I enjoyed their insight on new stuff. I can bet they will have at least three to four patches before new content comes out. With those patches they will fix a lot of the bugs. Some bugs take more time. I say patch but don't keep me from playing to long. To be honest I have played since the moment I got my preorder and I will tell you this its a smooth running machine if you ask me. I have not ran into to many problems yet.

I'm a single father who works so I don't have all the time in the world to play. Maybe two hours a day. So in three true days of playing I finally hit level 16 bahahaha. I'm no longer the kid/ adult who has 12 hours a day to play a game. So I hope they keep the solo stuff alive.

I am not a big PvPer either however I'm on a PvP server nothing like the constant threat of attack. I just hope some level 50 doesn't waste his breath on bouncing me to the med treminal. After all there is no honor in it. Speaking of PvP I would like to have a chance to play something other then huttball. Pointless really after all two goals were scored and we mostly PvPed (killed each other). Also I don't like sniper spots. As a Jedi you can attack me but I can't attack you. your rang 30 meters mine 4 meters (not really fair).

I like that I don't have to play 20 hours a day for some decent loot. Mostly I just have crafted stuff. I got a purple item from killing an elite. Thought it was awesome... Killing an above average mob and got an awesome item I can't use bahahaha it was medium armor and oh I'm a sith assassin light armor. I'm glad I looted it. So I wish mobs would drop items for me more then my companion.

To be honest I haven't even done a heroic or a flashpoint. I will say I hope all heroics and flashpoints have a cut scene. To me its about story line. Let me learn something of the lore behind it and I will enjoy it. Right now I am loving the solo self story line. I have asked for groups more then once to get no help from anybody. Good thing a lot of my SWG buddies play cause they are the ones who ran to my assistance.

So far I give this game and the crew an A. I will be here quite awhile. Only reason I didn't give a + was an ability to drive a vehicle at level 25, my armor never matches and Revan without his hood is just wrong. I did like the cut scene. Also I think I would like to know who the emperor is not just master. Plus I didn't read the new book about Revan but I believe according to the other game KOTOR he turned good again killed this old apprentice then went off to fight the sith empire in the outter rim. He isn't the big of a name in this game. However one of the most popular figures in this time frame.

Edited by jackalious

I enjoyed their insight on new stuff. I can bet they will have at least three to four patches before new content comes out. With those patches they will fix a lot of the bugs. Some bugs take more time. I say patch but don't keep me from playing to long. To be honest I have played since the moment I got my preorder and I will tell you this its a smooth running machine if you ask me. I have not ran into to many problems yet.

I'm a single father who works so I don't have all the time in the world to play. Maybe two hours a day. So in three true days of playing I finally hit level 16 bahahaha. I'm no longer the kid/ adult who has 12 hours a day to play a game. So I hope they keep the solo stuff alive.

I am not a big PvPer either however I'm on a PvP server nothing like the constant threat of attack. I just hope some level 50 doesn't waste his breath on bouncing me to the med treminal. After all there is no honor in it. Speaking of PvP I would like to have a chance to play something other then huttball. Pointless really after all two goals were scored and we mostly PvPed (killed each other). Also I don't like sniper spots. As a Jedi you can attack me but I can't attack you. your rang 30 meters mine 4 meters (not really fair).

I like that I don't have to play 20 hours a day for some decent loot. Mostly I just have crafted stuff. I got a purple item from killing an elite. Thought it was awesome... Killing an above average mob and got an awesome item I can't use bahahaha it was medium armor and oh I'm a sith assassin light armor. I'm glad I looted it. So I wish mobs would drop items for me more then my companion.

To be honest I haven't even done a heroic or a flashpoint. I will say I hope all heroics and flashpoints have a cut scene. To me its about story line. Let me learn something of the lore behind it and I will enjoy it. Right now I am loving the solo self story line. I have asked for groups more then once to get no help from anybody. Good thing a lot of my SWG buddies play cause they are the ones who ran to my assistance.

So far I give this game and the crew an A. I will be here quite awhile. Only reason I didn't give a + was an ability to drive a vehicle at level 25 and Revan without his hood is just wrong. I did like the cut scene. Also I think I would like to know who the emperor is not just master. Plus I didn't read the new book about Revan but I believe according to the other game KOTOR he turned good again killed this old apprentice then went off to fight the sith empire in the outter rim. He isn't the big of a name in this game. However one of the most popular figures in this time frame.

Dude...spoilers...the hell?

OMG... will u whiners shut up for once? where do u guys come from? its like there is a school where they just teach all of you to be jerks.

First off this is an MMO, look up the meaning of the word if you dont know and stop crying for ' My life, sucks i want more single content' , game isnt a week old and u r moaning and i bet no of u have actually finished ur class quests.

You dont like Flashpoints dont play flashpoints. You think WoW is better pls go and play wow. THis isnt WoW its SWTOR stop whining ffs.

The aim of the teaser in my opinion is to let the player base know there is alot more content in the works, its a *********** teaser they didnt say thats all they are working on. did they?

CANT SOME OF U READ?!!!! huh?

Edited by vanich

I am pleased to hear the team is continuing with plans to make new content. I hope this new content doesn't become centered on war-zones flashpoints and endgame content. These things are important of course, but the galaxy should be expanded for everyone not just guilds and pvp. Please don't forget the little groups and duo/solo players in your quest to expand this fabulous game.

I'd be happy to see some more playable starting races, the handful we have for each side is very small for such a big galaxy of beings.

^

l

l_ That is how you voice a concern or make a suggestion :)

ANd what he said

Edited by vanich

.... As a Jedi you can attack me but I can't attack you. your rang 30 meters mine 4 meters (not really fair)...

Ever seen this button on your UI that when u mouse over it says FORCE LEAP? No?

Then just check again, it sounds like that will sort u out

Edited by vanich

Where is the PvP Content.

Those Tiny 3 little random Warzones cant be meant to satisfy PvPlers, after at least 100 Warzones at all you cant see this boring BG anymore. The PvP is such as unbalanced that i could ask why you havent seen this in the beta.

a 24 scoundrel cant heal the damage of a level 11. in comparison the level 11 sorcerer heals the damage of a level 25 easy...... so whats that?

I mean where is the 40/40 . Why arent there vehicles involved like Wintergasp or Strand of the Ancients?

Honestly this game is realy good i love it as a single Player Story Game.

But adding a half baked Trade system a world chat and 3 bugged boring 8 v 8 warzones does not make a decent MMO............

Edited by thanatas

Love the idea of new content - but what about bug fixes?

Following a person doesn't work.

Satele Shan has been small in JK quest on Tython.

Tons of quests you have to drop and reget to make them work.

Guild problems (we still have no guild leader - and it's been 3 days since I put in a ticket...)

Memory leaks on Taris...

and the list goes on and on...

I'm sorry, but if you guys want to compete with WoW - start fixing crap that shouldn't be broken.

Its been open 5 days man for the love of sanity give them time lol and quit bringing up wow lol its not wow, and its brand new, these guys are working hard and its Christmas, don't be an oaf. :eek:

George Lucas has literally said "there are no gays in the star wars universe".

Then again nothing george lucas has done has been good and the best movies are the ones he had his hand held (ep 4 and 5)

Would you like to provide a reference for that? I did a google, and all I found was reference to this rumour and mention that it was a mod that said this, not Lucas. And mistakenly so - BW has already come out (pun intended) and said same sex romance *will* make it in - post launch. Here's recent confirmation. I'm just looking for an update on when.

And sure - there are no gays in Star Wars. Just like there aren't any in Iran. Right. ;-) Whether it's appeared in canon or not, there surely would be people that are attracted to members of the same gender.

Those mentioning canon - there's no canon for sex (women get impregnated by kissing, don't you know), but do you really mean to imply it doesn't exist in SW? Not pointing a finger at you, Gvaz, since I think you're just regurgitating an urban legend, but I find it amazing that some people are so threatened by same-sex romance making its way into the game. No problem with humans drooling over Twilek slave girls, but keep the guys drooling over guys out!

Yeah, slavery and interspecies romance is ok to have in SW, but consensual interest between guys couldn't possibly exist in the galaxy. Sheesh.

Edited by Hlicalanthe

Love the idea of new content - but what about bug fixes?

Following a person doesn't work.

Satele Shan has been small in JK quest on Tython.

Tons of quests you have to drop and reget to make them work.

Guild problems (we still have no guild leader - and it's been 3 days since I put in a ticket...)

Memory leaks on Taris...

and the list goes on and on...

I'm sorry, but if you guys want to compete with WoW - start fixing crap that shouldn't be broken.

Hmmm, what people are forgetting WOW has been running now for eight years.

Star Wars the Old Republic just came out this year.

WOW had the same problems in the beginning.

And so begins the eternal MMO battle between 'more new stuff' and 'fix the bugs'. :)

The development team is large enough that essentially, we can do both. We have many people working on analysing, triaging, fixing, testing and deploying new fixes to ensure the game's stability - and we also have many other developers expanding the game and creating new content.

WHAT WHAT WHAT!

A DEVELOPER WILLING TO SPEND MONEY TO CREATE A BETTER GAMING ENVIRONMENT FOR THE COMMUNITY IN MULTIPLE AREAS, MY MIND IS BLOWN!

Certain unnamed gaming organizations whom have been failing to do even this simple of a task, yet are still a "leader" in the industry should take notes!

Are most of you that are QQ'ing 11yrs old!? Did you read the article? Do you understand it's purpose? Do you know how game development works? This article has nothing to do with bugs and support. It's a dev giving us heads up on some of the extra stuff they have planned. If you don't know what goes into a bug fix or hotfix or the time expectancy by now, this game may be to complicated for you.

And if your so concerned about bugs then try playin the test server and submitting feedback on the current deployed fixes on there.

Omg stop work on new content and fix your bugged game

Cause it insane to wait 1h que due chrash of game ... ffs

Somehow I don't see them stopping progress on a game for your broken PC or join a lower pop server. Just a heads up...you don't represent the 99% lol

Looking forward to it!!! Great news for all of us hitting lvl 50 soon.

Thanks Bioware!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by WarheartZero