The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Frequently Asked PvP Questions

EricMusco

Currently we have no plans of expanding open world PvP, specifically to say we don’t have any plans to introduce any new systems which offer rewards around it. However, we will continue to encourage open world PvP in events and future content. Some examples of this would be the Oricon daily area and the shared questing areas of the Rakghoul event.

Damn it...

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts of when Eric Musco will get the boot from his job? :p

He's literally caused a huge riot and caused many to unsubscribe. The numbers will reflect it, let's hope it's soon!

Don't be foolish. Eric Musco has improved communication immensely. You are "shooting the messenger" and it shows how little critical thought you're applying to this situation.

Eric isn't responsible for making decisions - he's just the community manager. It's the "unpleasables" in MMO's that decide to "riot" when they don't see what they want.

Eric isn't responsible for making decisions - he's just the community manager. It's the "unpleasables" in MMO's that decide to "riot" when they don't see what they want.

Being a messenger and being a good messenger that knows how to disarm someone when delivering bad news are two different things... He said "no" a ton and said "not in the current plans" when either (a) nothing should have been said at all or (b) said "we've considered that, and could see a future where (insert x) becomes a reality, however we haven't made a commitment to it either way past 2.8." At least then he's placated people who were on the fence to remain on the fence AND SUBBED...

As far as the "unpleasables", yeah people tend to get angry when they dont see what they want from their money... People are crazy that way... smh

He's literally caused a huge riot and caused many to unsubscribe. The numbers will reflect it, let's hope it's soon!

Why would you want the man that gave an honest FAQ fired? Would you rather get strung along until you've had enough? Or simply be told, "We're not gonna do anything relevant to PvP. Find another MMO."?

Don't be foolish. Eric Musco has improved communication immensely. You are "shooting the messenger" and it shows how little critical thought you're applying to this situation.

Yes he is fully responsible as he is the one who delivered this information to us. Why now are we hearing of these things that will NEVER happen?

This is an incredibly bad business move by EAware and I'll explain why.. there are a few big title MMORPG (and other games) being released WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH. Why would you tell all of the world that "No, we aren't going to do anything." - when there are such events occurring that WILL have an impact on SWTOR regardless, it's just making it worse.

Does EAware / Eric Musco or whichever clowns that were involved in producing this thread to us really want us to leave this game? Think about it.

Also to add, how little CRITICAL THOUGHT I'm applying to this situation.. yes because this isn't game changing at all is it? This has caused a huge massive outburst and for good reason.

Perhaps, I do enjoy the challenge of playing incredibly underpowered specs.

you get props for playing a madness sin, but now your gonna have to roll a concealment OP, cause the OP will be the bottom of the food chain once this patch is released...

Yes he is fully responsible as he is the one who delivered this information to us. Why now are we hearing of these things that will NEVER happen?

This is an incredibly bad business move by EAware and I'll explain why.. there are a few big title MMORPG (and other games) being released WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH. Why would you tell all of the world that "No, we aren't going to do anything." - when there are such events occurring that WILL have an impact on SWTOR regardless, it's just making it worse.

Does EAware / Eric Musco or whichever clowns that were involved in producing this thread to us really want us to leave this game? Think about it.

Also to add, how little CRITICAL THOUGHT I'm applying to this situation.. yes because this isn't game changing at all is it? This has caused a huge massive outburst and for good reason.

TY for explaining capt. obvious.

Maybe you'd prefer more "Soon!", "It'll be exciting!", "Can't say more but it'll be impressive!" ******** and stall tactics. I prefer plain speak.

Edited by Joesixxpack

The number of people that read the forums is a small fraction, out of that small group the number of people that read the pvp forum is even smaller, and of that group the people that care enough to actually get ticked off is smaller still, and of that last miniscule group only a portion is mad enough to actually unsub over it.

Eric Musco in a absolute worst case scenario is responsible for maybe 0.1% temporary revenue loss, and that loss will most likely be returned in spades by housing.

Edited by Zoom_VI

I think it was a good thing that Eric was so blund about how little they do for the PvP community, the reaction here in the thread and other places on the forums should hopefully make BioWare rethink their approach, without being that direct BioWare would have done so anyway not knowing how stupid their decisions are.

You're not worth talking to - you obviously don't understand how these things work.

Don't let the door hit you on the arse when you leave. Based on your attitude in this thread, I assume that will be soon?

You've got to be kidding right?! Eric did us a FAVOR by telling us there were no plans. I completely agree with you that it's not the news any of us 'wanted', but knowing they have absolutely ZERO planned for PvPers lets us all know what to expect...NOTHING!

Eric should be greatly commended for getting the approval to actually POST that list of "NO's". You think he enjoyed telling us all we're ******? Hell no...but he also knew it was the right thing to do and somehow he got someone at Bioware to sign off on his list of rejections.

I'll take negative news ANY day over NO news. I'd rather hear what I don't want to hear than to be mislead or kept in the dark.

Don't shoot the messenger. Be appreciative that he was allowed to tell us all so we could plan our summer MMO plans. Geezus...this is like blaming CNN for reporting on the mud slides...get a grip.

All I got out of that was go play WildStar or ESO if you like pvp screw our community and our pvpers. As someone that's played since launch. Thanks EAware thanks. This post was a really big disappointment. Ah well. I'll probably keep playing for awhile at least.

You've got to be kidding right?! Eric did us a FAVOR by telling us there were no plans. I completely agree with you that it's not the news any of us 'wanted', but knowing they have absolutely ZERO planned for PvPers lets us all know what to expect...NOTHING!

Eric should be greatly commended for getting the approval to actually POST that list of "NO's". You think he enjoyed telling us all we're ******? Hell no...but he also knew it was the right thing to do and somehow he got someone at Bioware to sign off on his list of rejections.

I'll take negative news ANY day over NO news. I'd rather hear what I don't want to hear than to be mislead or kept in the dark.

Sure, it's commendable that he was honest. It's not commendable that there are no plans to redress this commendably transparent lack of attention. He basically leveled with us by saying "yeah, honestly we don't really care that much about pvp because you guys are intractable aholes." The honesty is refreshing. The lack of consideration is not.

A lot of outrage and threads made...

We've used this thread to start talking about other games and our plans for them...Hell, people have down right been promoting other games in this thread...

Lots of unsubs...

They announce plans to expand open world PvP rewards at a cantina tour but are contradicting themselves with this thread...

Yet...Still no response from the devs in an effort to calm the situation down...Yep, they really don't seem to care at all.

Such a shame, considering how much assumed effort you have put into this galatic stronghold stuff and apartments. Just give us cross server queing and that will buy you at least a couple of months of silence from the PvP community.

Luthien~

I doubt it, lol.

But... new Huttball (ok i hate HB but some love it) and new PVP gear (just before the level cap raise which happens "sooner than later")! That's new pvp stuff. And there's tons of pvp-focused balance changes about to happen. And season 1 is about to be over!

I played a few wzs last night - spent most of them stunned/mezzed/snared/rooted thanks to the overabundance of inquisitors and mercs - i checked my log and there were over 30 kbs in there during one wz - i still remember two separate stun-kb-kb-firepit combos from one wz. Combined with imminent buffs to healers and kiters and nerfs to melee, pvp is moving quickly into nightmare mode for me.

Will i be subbing and/or contributing to the cm here in the near future? I have no plans to do that at this time.

Edited by Savej

I could be wrong, but I think the guaranteed crit chance was gone a patch or two ago. Obviously can't check in the game ATM, but as I recall lethal stance now boosts assault power, diminishes resistances, and some specific skills get boosts (less power used or more base damage) when used from stealth. To be sure they are still an incredibly bursty class out of stealth. So a stalker is going to be my main, and I'll just have to hope enough Carbine devs main them as well that they don't get nerfed too much!

EDIT: forgot to mention - the thing they SHOULD nerf the hell out of is Tactical Retreat. Leap away, enter stealth, and damage can't break your stealth for 8s. Pretty insane escape ability there.

Hmm sad to hear that. The auto crit was a lot of fun lol.