Rework 2.6 Concealment Operative Changes

Ilyrian

Just wait until people get ruined and it looks like they have 0 chance to retaliate... they will no longer like their class... and unsub.

The the developers will nerf them again... just like the first time.

Its like the want everyone to move on to ESO/Wildstar, they are helping them get a frustrating game experience in SWTOR to make the transition easier...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, Ops have had enough of a run. They've been the only viable PVP healer since launch. In 8 man objective based PVP they are kings with the ability to stealth, roll, and stun-cap nodes. They are already the objective kings of PVP and now you give them top DPS too? So lets just make them the scariest PVP dps, Healer, and objective class.

So they want to whine and moan about not being able to solo 5 PT pyro's at a time... Buncha bad players on operatives and they need to get nerfed into being completely useless in PVP for a year...

Yea, and thats evident because there are just SOOO MANY DPS Ops out there .. this is a laughable statement ..

Just wait until people get ruined and it looks like they have 0 chance to retaliate... they will no longer like their class... and unsub.

The the developers will nerf them again... just like the first time.

Its like the want everyone to move on to ESO/Wildstar, they are helping them get a frustrating game experience in SWTOR to make the transition easier...

I would mention that eso has a great class / skill system, that If succeeds in pvp the mechanics of the other games will fade.

Edited by Aetideus

When I saw and tested the proposed changes for concealment in 2.6 on the PST, I had a good laugh with other concealment enthusiasts.

It was always my feeling, even playing Scrapper during the past year with our DPS somewhat nerfed, that burst wasn't our issue. Rather, the problem was in our energy management and sustained DPS. Particularly in PvP, there was also some concerns for survivability once we were out of stealth.

I haven't played my Scrapper yet with the 2.6 changes. However, I will definitely be giving it a whirl. All the DPS buffs seem like a lot, but I'm willing to see how it actually plays out. Even with the extra DPS, survivability is still lacking.

Stop QQing because concealment ops are the bane of maras.

Yes. Part of the reason that players have been running Smash en masse for so long now is because they haven't had to really sweat the stealth DPS specs. Infiltration/Deception got its buffs and those specs are more than formidable now. It's only fair that Scrapper/Concealment get some love too.

People have been QQing about the number of Smashers in game. The equalizers are back. Let the unsubbing begin anew! lol

You're wrong here .. I have been 1 shotting people all day .. these buffs are AMAZING.

Your so full of **** you that actually belive what you are typing. You heard it here first guys , hidden strike 32k dmg.!

The only actual damage increase I've been noticing is an increase in the amount of times I crit (6%), and it's just easier to get my stuff going now that I don't have to worry about collateral strike not proccing. Also, the +30% surge is nice, I've gotten a couple 7k lacerations, but that's it so far. Hidden Strike's damage buff is minimal.

It was always my feeling, even playing Scrapper during the past year with our DPS somewhat nerfed, that burst wasn't our issue. Rather, the problem was in our energy management and sustained DPS. Particularly in PvP, there was also some concerns for survivability once we were out of stealth.

I haven't played my Scrapper yet with the 2.6 changes. However, I will definitely be giving it a whirl. All the DPS buffs seem like a lot, but I'm willing to see how it actually plays out. Even with the extra DPS, survivability is still lacking.

Yes. Part of the reason that players have been running Smash en masse for so long now is because they haven't had to really sweat the stealth DPS specs. Infiltration/Deception got its buffs and those specs are more than formidable now. It's only fair that Scrapper/Concealment get some love too.

People have been QQing about the number of Smashers in game. The equalizers are back. Let the unsubbing begin anew! lol

I agreed with your assessment pre-patch in what was needed. I do think this patch will give a little better energy management along with the DPS buffs, though. Actually, I am thinking with the regrants of UH when punching, we should have an extra UHs to spare, which is good for a heal here and there... Maybe not great as far as that goes, for survivability but just thinking out loud. EDIT and it doesn't work. Was in mode where I thought Kolto pack just cost UH from when I was running DF a little bit the other day. 25 energy is a bit pricy.

Edited by Technohic

Its absolutely no different than middle line for assassins and shadows, yet everyone wants to QQ even though sins and shadows still have better defensive cooldowns

people are only crying because there are a million of them out there right now ... give it 2 weeks

Its absolutely no different than middle line for assassins and shadows, yet everyone wants to QQ even though sins and shadows still have better defensive cooldowns

There is a huge difference, Spike is a low damage attack that requires a global which is required for control and to get an initial maul proc. Hidden Strike is a high damage Spike. One less global to control someone=more damage in same time span.

See, now this is a logical and well thought out post .. Good job young man .. bravo, bravo ..

In all honesty, having been playing concealment for the past 1.6 years, I can stay that our dps was fine pre-patch for pvp. The energy management took some thinking, so the facerolling droolers failed at it. I had zero problems doing 1300+ dps in warzone pre-patch and out dpsing smash maras. Now? Just lol. I already 3v1'd some people today. Smart CC + a string of lacerate crits = gg (and they were baddies) The collateral strike change and the 2% damage buff to both lacerate and cs should have been enough to make pvers happy. The energy management is fairly easy now, even with the lose of the alacrity. The really OP part of the changes was the 30% crit bonus damage to lacerate. We still get globaled easier than any other class/spec. Our defense was what really needed buffed.... not this lol-damage buff.

But oh well... ill enjoy it while it lasts and just dunk on kids

EDIT: oh and to those saying 2 concealment ops would take 4 globals to kill someone is wrong. Its 2 on full crits, or 3 if they are unlucky.. then again if any 2 dps cant kill a target in 4 gcd then they are bad

Edited by FoE_Khorne

So I'll hold of judgment on 55s and leave that to those who play operatives as mains. At least while the dust settles.

I will say this though - my 53 operative is now hilariously broken in midbie warzones. :D

Lol cant wait to hop on my operative. Might actually finish him off after he has been 40ish for 18 months or so.

So I'll hold of judgment on 55s and leave that to those who play operatives as mains. At least while the dust settles.

I will say this though - my 53 operative is now hilariously broken in midbie warzones. :D

lol yeah i bet with the slightly lower hp pools

I was brutal previous to 55 as well. A lot of classes were lacking their 51 abilities which put a damper on that, as well as DCDs. Also less tank/healer combos. It changed at 55.

I always enjoyed my concealment operative. I'm not the one that changes classes with every patch because one becomes "broken" and another is fotm. I've been playing lethality for the past week and haven't had a chance to try concealment again, reading this... I'm curious to see how easy it is to down people now.