Rework 2.6 Concealment Operative Changes

Ilyrian

Sorry IIy, but Operative are now back to where they were pre-nerf from the PvP aspect. The issue was never their damage output. It was the KD, CC, and L2P issues. Their damage is still 100% frontloaded. Do whatever it takes to survive the initial burst, then mow them down. This is still "how to do it". As for PvE, its also a good thing so they wont be frowned upon anymore from a role selection standpoint, and won't be expected to be a healer for raids...

Good to see you still alive and kicking though. Does OneFinal still log on?

Edited by L-RANDLE

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I don't know the KD is AoE..... I think meant flashbang here.

But yeah in terms of CC both (Deception and concealment) are even, just with different accents. And yeah, i really wonder why so few assassins actually use WW. It has 30m range is great for taking a healer out of the equation for a bit.

Yeah I don't know why I said AoE.

Sorry IIy, but Operative are now back to where they were pre-nerf from the PvP aspect.

I would say we are still far from what we were in the beginning.

Nothing with OP/Scoundrel is overpowered after 2.6...except mayb healing tree remains a bit OP.

Edited by Endel

Sorry IIy, but Operative are now back to where they were pre-nerf from the PvP aspect. The issue was never their damage output. It was the KD, CC, and L2P issues. Their damage is still 100% frontloaded. Do whatever it takes to survive the initial burst, then mow them down. This is still "how to do it". As for PvE, its also a good thing so they wont be frowned upon anymore from a role selection standpoint, and won't be expected to be a healer for raids...

Good to see you still alive and kicking though. Does OneFinal still log on?

In all fairness we already had a top parsing dps build in lethality (mostly ahead of maras already), so if there was still the perception issue that scoundrels/operatives are healers only in pve, the buffs will not change that. But yeah now only class with 3 viable trees in PVE :) I guess i completely quit PVP now ;)

These changes didnt really drastically change pvp after playing for the first day all ive really noticed is i kill people faster, A LOT of bad concealment ops that are squishier than paper, and the fact that a team with a good comp will still sit on a team of concealment ops faces. yes Concealment ops may have an easier time capping nodes 1v2 now but i was doing that with ease pre 2.6 as it is, after the flow of baddies eventually give up and get off the bandwagon it will all go back to normal. For pve yes they can parse high on a dummy, but in most fights there is quite a bit of movement and quite a bit extra damage concealment ops will be taking without and good DCDs or damage reduction from the tree. after the quality of most of the concealment ops ive seen playing after the patch if you cant survive one, either you're really bad or its one of the few good players out there that have been playing the spec for years.