Are you waiting for that next MMO that will actually pay attention to PvP and co.?

TOR-tanic

eso is trash. one month free and everyone will be gone from that

eqnext, wildstar, and star citizen will all take away from various subsets of swtor players

let's all be honest...a shiny new xpac with a new level cap and abilities will bring most, if not all of us back to at least try. but, swtor pvp is definitely on life support.

new level cap and abilities are the absolute last thing i want more of in this game

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll play this awesome PvP game called 'Basketball' while i wait

I haven't gear grinded my way to basketball shoes. I'm still wearing flip flops out there. Needless to say, it's been rather frustrating.

Edited by gocard

I am eagerly awaiting Wildstar

This. Their live streams have been good and the developers actually understand and PLAY their classes(bioware take note).

Although they did say that PvP wasn't going to be a main feature at launch because they wanted to get it right. But they have an excel sheet that can change the class balances pretty quickly (mentioned in live stream) and then can test it quickly.

Winter beta starts next week, so fingers crossed. Still not sold on the graphics though

I used to wait for "that next PvP MMO".

Halfway through my second MMO (Ultima Online) it was DaoC. Then it was Shadowbane. Then came AoC (omg it's the WoW killer everyone said). Then it was Darkfall (or was Darkfall before AoC? I can't remember).

For some reason, [insert current MMO] was lacking, and i was waiting for [insert next MMO].

Nowadays i'm too slow and just not competetive enough anymore.

- WoW and SWtoR have been the only 2 MMO's that cater to my gameplay preference in an MMO environment.

- I have subscriptions for both games, however, after going back and forth b/t the two games for over 1.5 years now, I can say that I definitely enjoy SWtoR more overall. SWTOR is crowned the best MMO in the industry by me, by a long shot, and I've played most MMO's on the market. I was never really excited for MMO's such as Age of Conan or RIft, but I gave them good play time. I would watch youtube vids pre-release (gameplay, dev blogs, design discussion) and always accurately predict the game's financial fate & game direction. I can usually tell if a game is going to be legit or a 3 month flopper. That being said:

- I await Elder Scrolls Online's PVP!!

- I await World of Warcraft's upcoming expansion: player city/fortress, updated player models/graphics, and countless polishing toward all aspects of the game.

- I await future updates from Star Wars: The Old Republic

This is my first MMO (I'm 36). I actually bought a gaming rig just because of this game and my love of the SW universe. Started because of the PvE and have stayed because of the PvP. That said, it's just awfully stale at this point. All I do with my seven 55s (all different ACs) is take turns gearing them up :(.

Like most of the replies, I'm looking forward to ESO (played series since Morrowind), Wildstar, EQN and Star Citizen. I'm also picking up a PS4. Once the new round of MMOs comes out (especially those of us that want our sci-fi fix with Wildstar), I think this game may be in real trouble, which makes me pretty sad. Lightsabers and auto cannons can only keep you going for so long.

Edited by JestersRevenge

Yeah, that sounds interesting but seems to be delayed. I'm just not a believer that it will be completed and well done. Like the ideas there, though.

I'm a founder for EQNL. Will be building and exploring in there and probably hanging around here for PvP when I feel like it. That's pretty much all these non-sandbox games offer for my tastes. PvP and the main story arcs. Just have to figure out if I even need to pay for it anymore. Once EQN comes out, that will probably be it for me here, if this game makes it that long.

I am eagerly awaiting Wildstar

This^

Tom Clancy’s The Division anyone?! :D

and this^

I really really really wanted swtor to succeed but with every new patch I'm more disappointed than I was before. It's obvious that pvp in this game was meant to be a sick joke.

The Repopulation

Terrible name, I know, but it's seems to have a lot in common with SWG.

I really just want SWTOR to be... better (open world pvp, player houses/cities, random missions, class balance etc) but that doesn't seem likely and so I look to new horizons.

I agree with you about the name, and my impression of it is also that it looks very much like SWG Pre-NGE. I also love SWTOR though so I don't plan on leaving SWTOR for The Repopulation.

Archeage.

Assuming they get the payment model well so that it doesn't **** up pvp, it has open world pvp, sieges and ****. TTK may be a bit too high, we'll see. It is what I expected we would have gotten on Ilum. I still remember their promise and how they were "working on something". Ha!

I am interested in WIldstar. That's about it.

ESO and EQN...I am tired of fantasy-based MMOs with emphasis on swords, shields and your standard schools of magic (fire, ice, lightning, etc).

We need more space or steam-punk MMOs. Or heck even modern/superhero MMOs that don't suck.

Until then, I will still play SWTOR.

[...] I'm pretty sure the majority here is in agreement of what I just said.

(a) I doubt it.

(b) Spoken for me: not really.

Did you guys check out TESO? What did you think of it?

Yes. Oh, nice fantasy thingy... could be interesting for a while.

Are you currently following Wildstar and/or EQNext?

No.

Are you waiting for another game (even of a different genre) for improved PvP, or at least where attention to it is anything but laughable?

No.

I'm waiting for "Shroud of the Avatar" and "Star Citizen" but not especially due to any kind of PvP.

It just seems like PvP here is just a mini-game, and we've been getting shafted since the removal of vanilla Ilum.

Vanilla Ilum was... bad.

If you feel shafted... well... I enjoy myself... and do not feel shafted at all.

Wildstar. But if the PVP in that one doesn't satisfy me, I'll try to shelve MMO's entirely. They all seem to be lacking "something".

In Swtor it's lack of team-balance (faceroll or be facerolled) and a sense that it's more about using my rotation, than actual skill and positioning.

In Swtor it's lack of team-balance (faceroll or be facerolled) .

I think that's the most apt description of SWTOR's failings particularly the faceroll or be facerolled that seems to be the paradigm of dysfunctional pvp. The scary part is I honestly don't know why it is that way.

I think that's the most apt description of SWTOR's failings particularly the faceroll or be facerolled that seems to be the paradigm of dysfunctional pvp. The scary part is I honestly don't know why it is that way.

Well, ASSUMING that the matchmaker in ranked solo is putting people of roughly equal rank on the same teams, that would explain that disparity there. High ranked players get on one team, low ranked on another.

Which ofc is bad design. Equalize the TEAMS, not the players.

There is also "some kind of" of matchmaking in unranked (It tries to pit groups vs groups), but I honestly don't know what might be wrong with that one. Probably the same issue if I should guess.

I hope Wildstar pulls it off in a better fashion. Also, OWPVP with objectives would be nice.

Edited by vennian

Wildstar might be better than swtor but i am sick of trinity-focused games and the gfx style looks horrible (then again I said the same thing about Wow's gfx style and still played it for years). I want to like ESO but being built for a console may hurt/cripple the interface options - I will definitely check it out though. I will also check out EQN for the world-building options if nothing else but it's too soon with too little info to get excited about it. Edited by Savej