Are you waiting for that next MMO that will actually pay attention to PvP and co.?

TOR-tanic

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to like ESO but being built for a console may hurt/cripple the interface options - I will definitely check it out though. .

The new Xbox One kinect has lots of potential. It can tell things like which leg you have your weight on, which way your hand is facing ...

It would be great to have a SWTOR (or other MMO) on Xbox One with an SDK that allowed 3rd parties (and even player/programmers) to write their own kinect interfaces. I'm not saying "do everything through kinect" but it has the potential to provide a console game with a very rich and powerful interface.

I will be surprised if the next PlayStation does not ship with a kinect like camera as standard equipment. Sure, this won't be for years but it will be cool when it finally arrives. I'm hopeful that with the Xbox One Kinect being standard (and more powerful than the previous kinect) it will get used a lot more by game developers.

Im waiting to see how the new upcoming MMOS turn out. THey all seem to be going the way of the MOBA. 10 abilities on your bar max, and movement mechanics. SWTOR has one thing that the new ones dont, and that a crap ton of abilities on your bar. SWTOR like it or not has some of the better variation in abilities than most other MMOS, even wow is dumbing down the number of abilities your expected to use.

I am tired of the neglect and lack of change in this game. I look forward to trying out any new MMO thats coming out. Not going to give my blanket approval though. Ever since Rome 2, and Guild Wars 2 came out I have learned not to get hyped up over any game that comes out, especially if the hype is high on it.

The bigger the hype the bigger the let down. ALWAYS seems like games that are hyped up are released too early with too many bugs.

Yeah; I'm not a fan of auto-attack and limited abilities to bind. Just can't get into GW2 for that alone. It's almost like piloting a ship but having a gunner.

If there will come a mmo where it's main focus is on pvp I'll look forward to that, but so far that doesnt seem to be coming any time soon if at all

I'll just stick around and wait, maybe give some new mmo's a try but till I find something better for pvp then swtor, I aint going anywhere.

I honestly don't think there will ever come a game where arena is balanced, cause there will always be a fotm comp with the small team + wide variety of class and spec choices.

Why I hope that we'll get 8vs8 rwz's and they balance pvp around those.

Keep arena alive if there enough arena die hards left but don't make it the main focus of pvp.

Hope someone can help me by recommending a good MMO to me...

Here's what I am looking for.

RVR (I like to pvp for what I view as a reason... not just for stats but where pvp actually affects the world/realm)

FFA pvp (if there is no RvR available)

Huge, fully accessable world with few instances. (I love to explore)

Good story driven PVE (good if it is tied into the pvp somehow to give the world a feeling of continuity)

Good crafting system.

housing/ship/spaceship

player driven market

No arenas (Open world PVP > battlegrounds/WZ)

A support staff that isn't afraid to enforce its rules of conduct / ToS

I know there have been games in the past that had most of these elements. But I am looking for something new.

Actually looking for something else. Heard alot about WILDSTARS.

Going to try it out.

I don't think BW's melee fixating will change, so looking for other stuff, i can pay for.

But always funny seeing a developer buffing op classes and lowering up classes. Makes my day.

ESO will probably kill this game first month after launch. Theres nothing in TOR that can compete vs ESO. The pvp in TOR is just redicilous 8 vs 8 in small boxed-in areas compared with ESO opena are with 100 vs 100 player at the same time on thier new Megaserver!

Good bye TOR!

ESO will probably kill this game first month after launch. Theres nothing in TOR that can compete vs ESO. The pvp in TOR is just redicilous 8 vs 8 in small boxed-in areas compared with ESO opena are with 100 vs 100 player at the same time on thier new Megaserver!

Good bye TOR!

Go ahead and give players all that. I'm going nowhere without lightsaber, blasters and starfighters.

Good bye TOR!

The hype on the game would lead me to believe that before they had the beta weekends. Not after; though.

I know guys in my old guild were all excited for GW2 and how it would kill this game and even it took a month or so after it's launch to be off that bandwagon. Same guys (along with most everyone else I've heard from) were just as hyped for ESO and it just got squashed in one weekend

Edited by Technohic

The hype on the game would lead me to believe that before they had the beta weekends. Not after; though.

I know guys in my old guild were all excited for GW2 and how it would kill this game and even it took a month or so after it's launch to be off that bandwagon. Same guys (along with most everyone else I've heard from) were just as hyped for ESO and it just got squashed in one weekend

GW never had the new stuff that ESO is bringing. Huge megaservers and huuuuuuge pvp battles!!! GW is njust an other compy of old generation MMORPGs, nothing new.

I'm a star citizen backer and I'm hoping to join the upcoming wildstar beta. I still love star wars but I've out grown the pvp...it could be the nature of mmos yet wildstar controls feel more fluid. Then again a lot has changed since the last beta. I love the Dodge mechanic and movement of wildstar. War plots in wildstar seem epic but I think I'll like the pvp ship raiding in star citizen better.

I think the same. I saw the current live demos of Wildstar and I am not that impressed. It is to be seen if everything that they (eso, ev) say is certain.

GW never had the new stuff that ESO is bringing. Huge megaservers and huuuuuuge pvp battles!!! GW is njust an other compy of old generation MMORPGs, nothing new.

ALl things they do that are different, asside. The guys I know were huge Elder Scrolls fans and their hype died out for it in a weekend of beta. They played GW2 for some time while I just couldn't get into the combat at all, so maybe I would have different tastes, but I doubt it. I got bored with Skyrim pretty fast as it seemed like I was doing the same thing in a slightly different dungeon/cave most the time.

This. Their live streams have been good and the developers actually understand and PLAY their classes(bioware take note).

Although they did say that PvP wasn't going to be a main feature at launch because they wanted to get it right. But they have an excel sheet that can change the class balances pretty quickly (mentioned in live stream) and then can test it quickly.

Winter beta starts next week, so fingers crossed. Still not sold on the graphics though

Funny because Wildstar's graphics is one of the main things that interests me & actually had the wife interested. Which she wont play swtor, but she enjoyed diablo / Tera online.

Wildstar's graphics reminds me so much of ratchet and clank. Which i own most of all the games of. And i love rachet and clank so yah.

- WoW and SWtoR have been the only 2 MMO's that cater to my gameplay preference in an MMO environment.

- I have subscriptions for both games, however, after going back and forth b/t the two games for over 1.5 years now, I can say that I definitely enjoy SWtoR more overall. SWTOR is crowned the best MMO in the industry by me, by a long shot, and I've played most MMO's on the market. I was never really excited for MMO's such as Age of Conan or RIft, but I gave them good play time. I would watch youtube vids pre-release (gameplay, dev blogs, design discussion) and always accurately predict the game's financial fate & game direction. I can usually tell if a game is going to be legit or a 3 month flopper. That being said:

- I await Elder Scrolls Online's PVP!!

- I await World of Warcraft's upcoming expansion: player city/fortress, updated player models/graphics, and countless polishing toward all aspects of the game.

- I await future updates from Star Wars: The Old Republic

Same here keep trying the new MMO's but completely stopped getting hyped and now i am apprehensive, like a eq1 NPC, with any new game. Cautiously optimistic at times. Like Neverwinter Online... watched the trailer, have read most of the books from R.A. Salvatore. Read Neverwinter /Gauntlegrym. So was excited........ And was disappointed.

So right now it is,

Swtor for space combat & pve content

Planetside 2 i just decided to pick up and spend money on because i am starting to be disappointed with pvp in swtor. Disappointed so much so i needed a change of scenery to make myself less.... irritated?

I was going to pick up WoW again but going back for my 10 day panda trial.... and meeting twinks in lvl 80-85 who wear panda gear are quite annoying when you have only 80-110k hp and they have 200k+ hp... And the greens from panda being 300+ gold each piece.

Every game has its flaws that you either can stand or can't. Which determine either you will play it or you wont.

And then you Move on.

For rift... the pvp was tons of fun till you hit max. and then it's grind was to much for me as well as the cookie cutter builds fotm... Though admittedly i did play the game till i had mage / cleric / rogue all vll 50. I would have kept playing but i wrote to the devs i was quitting because i couldn't just lock myself at lvl 49. And then 1 month later they offer EXP to be turned off :(

Hep, GS just called me regarding my PS4 pre-order ......and I'm not at all excited about it. To the point that I will probably just pick it up to re-sell it (if I don't pick it up I'll miss out on the down payment). I feel pretty ok with Swtor at the moment. Edited by MidichIorian