What is your Legacy, and why did you choose it?

Ocho-Quatro

I am one of those (weird) people who actually pay attention to character's Legacy names. (Don't ask me why, maybe it's just my OCD.)

Anyway..... What is your Legacy? And why did you choose that? Does it have meaning or a story? Or did you just pick a random name from a hat to make the icon stop flashing at you?

(Subsequently, did you get it before Legacy names became non-unique? After?)

On my first server (sith meditation sphere) i had the legacy Cerebrus. i was trying to get Cerberus (the mythological 3headed dog) but i mispelled it :rolleyes:

Once i noticed SMS's population dwindling i left it for Canderous Ordo, where I remained (until it was merged with Jedi Covenant). On CO i created the legacy Goa'uld, from Stargate. I had tried stargate but it pops up as Invalid :mad:. I chose Goa'uld because besides Star Wars i absolutely love stargate (and smallville).

I was able to get Goa'uld on CO even though i was starting much later after launch on that server. I cant remember when they switched to non-unique legacies (was it before or after the last server mergers?); either way i've had Goa'uld since coming to CO (which is now jedi covenant)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My main (JK) is named Marade, after a character in Matthew Stover's Acts of Caine. Her full title in those books was Marade, Knight Tarthell of Kavlin's Leap, but her nickname, or epithet, was Marade Sunflash.

Since Sunflash sounds like a legit Star Wars last name (like Skywalker or Darklighter), I decided to use that as my legacy name.

My Legacy name is Diomedes because I have a deep and abiding love for The Iliad and, next to Achilles, Diomedes had the most epic chapter in the entire poem. Dude was so awesome he managed to wound a freakin' goddess. So when I had to pick my Legacy name, there was only one name I even considered.

My legacy is called the Hellion legacy but spelt with one l because someone else on the server has it. Anyway I chose it because I am quite fascinated by the Greek god Helios the god of light. Interestingly I also use that as way of creating extremes with my characters. Like because Helios is the god of light and supposed to be good and pure why does he appear to be such a douche in God of War. It is with these interpretations that I made some of toons pure dark side and pure light side.

My legacy is called the Hellion legacy but spelt with one l because someone else on the server has it. Anyway I chose it because I am quite fascinated by the Greek god Helios the god of light. Interestingly I also use that as way of creating extremes with my characters. Like because Helios is the god of light and supposed to be good and pure why does he appear to be such a douche in God of War. It is with these interpretations that I made some of toons pure dark side and pure light side.

Greek deities were almost all douchebags, if you look at the actual stories about them. That's part of their charm.

And it's one of the very few things about God of War that makes any freaking sense.

Greek deities were almost all douchebags, if you look at the actual stories about them. That's part of their charm.

And it's one of the very few things about God of War that makes any freaking sense.

Fair enough and great points but do you like the name non the less lol?

The T'pok legacy is named after the shameless Smuggler who was unashamed and uninhibited of his Body Type 4, his love for the food from which his nickname came from, had women falling by his feet - Imperial and Republic, assembled the largest pirate fleet in the galaxy, and sired a dynasty of characters along the way. Edited by MeisterBabylon

<---Forum name, Koriandr. Koriandr is Starfire's (From Teen Titans) real name. So my first character to 50 was a Chiss Sith Inquisitor named Koriandr, so when it came time to choose a Legacy name, I went with Starfire, as it sounded very much in line with Star Wars.

Of course, I chose the name Koriandr because I hated seeing Jedi and Sith in City of Heroes :p So it was my way of bring superheroes into Star Wars. ^_^

Of course, Chiss did not fit the SI storyline at all, so when the option came about, I switched her race to Miraluka, which I think works with the storyline, and leads to my Cyborgs being Human/Miraluka half breeds. :)

Most of those I game with know me as Jessica/Jess...so most of my characters have a version of Jess as their name, which makes the family tree a little awkward imo, but it was requested of me when they played ("We know you as Jess, you have to name your character Jess") and I just kept with it in case any of them return to TOR....so I have fun with it and say it's one of those families. :p "This Is Jess, and Jess, and Jess, and Kori." :p

<---Forum name, Koriandr. Koriandr is Starfire's (From Teen Titans) real name. So my first character to 50 was a Chiss Sith Inquisitor named Koriandr, so when it came time to choose a Legacy name, I went with Starfire, as it sounded very much in line with Star Wars.

Of course, I chose the name Koriandr because I hated seeing Jedi and Sith in City of Heroes :p So it was my way of bring superheroes into Star Wars. ^_^

Of course, Chiss did not fit the SI storyline at all, so when the option came about, I switched her race to Miraluka, which I think works with the storyline, and leads to my Cyborgs being Human/Miraluka half breeds. :)

Most of those I game with know me as Jessica/Jess...so most of my characters have a version of Jess as their name, which makes the family tree a little awkward imo, but it was requested of me when they played ("We know you as Jess, you have to name your character Jess") and I just kept with it in case any of them return to TOR....so I have fun with it and say it's one of those families. :p "This Is Jess, and Jess, and Jess, and Kori." :p

You Sir, win a vote of applause from me!

I'm no different. T'pok is a Vulcan name, the name of my Admiral from Star Trek Online. Who is also in charge of a dark-side fleet of marauders. I tire of this Trek-War rivalry and decided to troll things up a little. :)

The Cannibal Ferox Legacy

Cause this

makes me happy in pants. WARNING THIS VIDEO IS NOT INTENDED FOR THE CHILDRENS

The Bastion

Rellik - Jenna'syyde - Crackroxx

Edited by rlamela

Well... tried to name my character Magnus (since that is my real name)... but couldnt, since there is one stinkin' NPC in the game that is called Magnus.

So i named my character Chakra (and made it a female)... and when it came time to legacy i thought it was fun to name my character Chakra Khaan. (yeah, i know very few will get that reference, and no, its not star trek)

But, i regretted it pretty fast since i dont like it when people use names of real people (even if somewhat distorted) on RP servers.

So i tried to have it changed. Reported myself and had others report me but to no avail.

So then the server merges came along and i happened to be unsubscribed at the moment. When i came back i had to pick a new legacy name.

Couldnt think of one on the spot so i picked Kusanagi which popped up in my head and sounded pretty nice.

And then i figured out where i had heard it before. It was from Ghost in the Shell.

Again i tried, to no avail, to have it changed.

Now that we can finally change it ourselves, i dont want to change it any more since Chakra Kusanagi is my youtube name and i want to keep it that way.

As for the rest of my legacy you can check it out in the link in my sig. (its got backgrounds, pictures, videos and everything! :eek: )

I went with "Vastflame." Because from the beginning I intended to eventually complete all 8 classes\stories, and wanted something that sounded "big" to accompany that.

All shall be doused in flame!

I rolled my legacy before they became non-unique, and all the toons on it are tied to the legacy in some way or another, alternative spelling required for some due to not being the first to get to the name.

the Teen-Titans Legacy:

Arella- Miriluka Jedi Knight

Rayvn- Chiss Jedi Consular

Beast-boy - Mirialan Smuggler

Cy'borg- Cyborg Trooper

Koryand'r- Cathar Sith Inquisitor

Richard-grayson- Human Bounty Hunter

Malch'or- Chiss Imperial Agent

Tri'gon- Sith Pureblood Sith Warrior

You're the one who beat me to that name! Grr.

Earlier I had a somewhat random legacy name, but more recent (like last fall) when legacy became non-unique I adopted a new name that I share with my girlfriend. We always refer to ourselves as 'the item'. In Dutch the term 'item' is almost never used to refer to a couple, so we adopted it to refer to 'us'. It originates with me telling some friends me & her were 'an item', and they did not understand. We kept using it after.

Also, one of my gf's nicknames is 'Shadowprincess' because she likes to read on forums but rarely posts, basically 'lurking in the shadows'. So that led us to use 'Item of Shadows' as our shared legacy name.

My Legacy name is Nightwalker, which I stole from Babylon5, the Mimbari warrior caste has a Nightwalkers clan, and I just dropped the S, it feels right for StarWars.

Nightwalker Legacy

Republic

Yostriass-Jedi Sage, Durhan-Gunslinger, Duhkat-Jedi Sentinal, Coplann-Trooper, Jurdeer-Jedi Guardian

Imperial

Shevath-Sith Marrauder, Kadronni-Operative, Tafeck-Sith Sorceror, Tannier-Bounty Hunter, Notacat-Sith Juggernaut

Apart from Notacat and Yostriass these are all Mimbari names, although Tafeck should be Tafeek (mistyped his name)

On my main server, I chose Chamma for my legacy. My main is a character that I used in the PnP Star Wars RPG years ago, named Cay. The name came from two different characters in the Tales of the Jedi source book for the Star Wars RPG. Cay Qel-Droma and Chamma. Of course, Cay Chamma is a Scoundrel; the closest thing I could come to for the character concept I used for the RPG. Also, based on events that happened to Cay in the PnP RPG, I have V'lan Chamma, his sister. Who happens to be an Inquisitor. I didn't know that she was his sister until after I found out that the Inquisitors start out as slaves and Cay was separated from the rest of his family by slavers.

I have a couple of other legacy names on other servers. Horn ( main character on that server is Valin Horn who could be found in the Star Wars Universe somewhere) and Nightstar (because it was star wars-y sounding).

My legacy name is Lhal, and one of my main characters is Myrmeen.

Myrmeen Lhal was the Lady Lord of Arabel in the kingdom of Cormyr, on the content of Faerun, in the world of Toril (aka the Forgotten Realms). She was one of my favourite NPCs in the whole of that world (only Storm Silverhand and Alusair the Steel Regent ranked anywhere near her IMHO). It is a name I've been using in MMORPGs since EverQuest, along with my screen name (*points to the side of the post*).

I was able to keep Lhal when I moved to Dalborra (and expect I'll keep it when I'm finally transferred back to Harbinger, as I still have characters in that legacy there), and as I had transferred my (by then) main Jan'neria Lhal (a level 50 Chiss IA) from Harbinger to Dalborra, I decided to make all my characters Chiss and give them the backstory of all being sisters, despite some being Empire and some being Republic (yes, one Chiss of each class!).

Now that I have more slots than just 8, the rest are all non-Chiss and don't display the legacy name (though I allow them the title as they're all allies of my characters).

On another note, I am well aware of Chiss naming conventions, so Jan'neria Lhal is probably more properly something like Jan'lhal'neria (no separate surname, since family names are incorporated into a Chiss's name). But I decided not to stick to that too closely, so some of my girls don't fit the convention... I suppose I can put it down to them being their common (shortened) name or (in at least one case) their nickname. One character I'm particularly proud of the name of is Cat'astro'phe. That is definitely a nickname taken up by my Bounty Hunter as a joke, with apostrophes to make it look like a proper Chiss name. ;)

Edited by Zandilar

My Legacy name is Darksaber.

My first toon was a Sorcerer (deleted long time ago) and when I was thinking of a legacy name, the word lightsaber came to my mind. And just because I was a Sith, I thought replacing the word "light" with "dark" would fit well.

But at the end my Sentinel became my main and I became a Republic player, so this Legacy name lost a bit of its appeal but I never thought of changing it.

Originaly I wanted a starwars-y legacy name, but after trying about 10 different names, I just pulled out my pictorial Dictionary, opened it to the Classical (Graeco-Roman) Mythology section and chose:

The Erinys Legacy

I did not choose it because it sounds like the greek word for 'peace' (pronounced as: erini) but because my dictionary told me: the Erinys (Fury, one of the Eumenides), an avenging goddess ( she holds a bunch of snakes in her hands, has wings)

I've thought about renaming my legacy, but I doubt that anyone will think of this one :) and now with Legacy names being non-uniqe, I hate the idea of choosing a name that 100000 other persons have

my other legacy is called The Shared Legacy, just because i could (only one alt in that legacy, but who cares?)