What is your Legacy, and why did you choose it?

Ocho-Quatro

My Legacy name is Darksaber.

My first toon was a Sorcerer (deleted long time ago) and when I was thinking of a legacy name, the word lightsaber came to my mind. And just because I was a Sith, I thought replacing the word "light" with "dark" would fit well.

Also, it was the title of a pretty bad Star Wars book.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I choose "The Gallifreyan Legacy" because I am a huge Doctor Who fan! :D I was surprised when I choose it back after 1.1 or 1.2, because I figured it might be pretty popular. Of course, after the merges, and making Legacy names no longer unique, I think I saw one other person with the same legacy name. But, I've still gotten complements both in and out of game for it.

I choose "The Gallifreyan Legacy" because I am a huge Doctor Who fan! :D I was surprised when I choose it back after 1.1 or 1.2, because I figured it might be pretty popular. Of course, after the merges, and making Legacy names no longer unique, I think I saw one other person with the same legacy name. But, I've still gotten complements both in and out of game for it.

You just might appreciate this screenshot I took in the imperial section of the Black Hole daily area the other day then:

Is The Doctor traveling in the SWTOR universe?

My legacy name is "Immortal" and it's a nod to the rap group I've been apart of since 1996 "Mr Sche & Immortal Lowlife" many of my toons are just random names I'm using as I learn how to play each class, but eventually all toons will be named after group members.

Jedi Sage-Big Sche

Sith Sorcerer-ThaPympminista

Jedi Guardian-Pympminista

And if anyone is interested in checking out that undaground Memphis, TN sound that's made us famous with fans all over the world. Here is a link to our official website & YouTube page.

http:// www.mrsche.net

http://www.youtube.com/immortalfan

On another note, I am well aware of Chiss naming conventions, so Jan'neria Lhal is probably more properly something like Jan'lhal'neria (no separate surname, since family names are incorporated into a Chiss's name). But I decided not to stick to that too closely, so some of my girls don't fit the convention... I suppose I can put it down to them being their common (shortened) name or (in at least one case) their nickname. One character I'm particularly proud of the name of is Cat'astro'phe. That is definitely a nickname taken up by my Bounty Hunter as a joke, with apostrophes to make it look like a proper Chiss name. ;)

Did something similar with Chiss characters before I deleted them :) Ac'send'ant (Consular) and Cha'ris'ma (Trooper). The idea being that they were the daughters of an orphaned Chiss raised on Correllia, and their mother making a play on her species naming convention. The idea however didn't stick with my Legacy, but I do love the fun in doing that with a Chiss.

One character I'm particularly proud of the name of is Cat'astro'phe. That is definitely a nickname taken up by my Bounty Hunter as a joke, with apostrophes to make it look like a proper Chiss name. ;)

Core name "Tastroph"? :p

With my Chiss characters - Chaf'rey'alai and Ina'sa'miurani - I just hide my legacy name. Same with my Sith.

One character I'm particularly proud of the name of is Cat'astro'phe. That is definitely a nickname taken up by my Bounty Hunter as a joke, with apostrophes to make it look like a proper Chiss name. ;)

I've often thought about making a Sorcerer to be the nemesis of my Sage named Apos'trophe.... I would name him: Apocalypstrophe.

The only thing stopping me from doing that, would be that it would break my pretty hardline Punctuation trend for all my character names.

Mine is Erho

Reason behind that was in 2004 I created my 1st mmorpg character called Depi Erho. Soon after I created Ziso Erho and these were late in 2004 in SWG. Over the years myself and our guild stayed in SWG till the very last logout in 2011 and a week later we came over to Tor as a guild and I was delighted to get the same character names as my mains in SWG ie Ziso, Depi.

When it came time to choose a legacy name it made sense to use Erho and that was the random surname I choose in 2004 in SWG.

8 1/2 years after creation, character lives on :):)

Jorn

Jorn was part of a randomly generated name I once got in KotOR 2 TSL.

I wanted something not only Star Wars-y but Jedi-ish.

Qui-Gon Jinn came to mind so after about 5 minutes I went with Qui-Don Jorn. Been using it for the last 3 years pretty much everywhere. It just stuck.

Qui-Don's father - Q'el-Dor

Qui-Don's nephew - Ilson (just popped in my head, then I couldn't think of anything else, and somehow it just sounded like a nephew's name.

Ilson's father/Qui-Don's brother died in the Sacking of Coruscant..so no need to roll another Knight. :D

Then the rest of my toons aren't really supposed to be related.

8 1/2 years after creation, character lives on :):)

Talk about continuity!

Since my longest-term game prior to SWTOR was City of Heroes, I never really brought any of my old character names over because they were more "Super-hero-y" than anything in the SW universe. (Which, is kind of hypocritical on my part, since all of my toons in SWTOR are punctuation marks lol...)

But a few of my favorite toons names from City of Heroes were:

Radium Beta, Critical Condition, Captain Slap, Scorned Woman & Tighty Whitey!!!

None of them really translate well at all to SWTOR though, so I left them in the past.

I chose Blackheart. When trying to think of star warsy name I thought of "Skywalker" It was a compound word. Since all of the characters in my legacy are Dark V and choose every dark option possible. I wanted the legacy to be something fearsome. So I thought of other compound word nicknames. The first one that came to mind was Blackbeard the famous pirate. Blackheart seemed to spring to mind.

Well, I actually have a post in the story forum about my legacy name and why it is what it is and why all my characters have the same last name, despite being of varied race. The short version of the story, they were kidnapped when young and used in a secret research facility once owned by Czerka named The Velocity Corporation. So when the kids broke free during an attack on the facility by a jedi during the war they vowed to stay together, and as some didn't even know their real names they all chose to be called Velocity. That's how I got around the weird idea that everyone on the same server should have the same last name, which is just, weird.

TL;DR - 'Kang' is my Legacy name b/c of dull, non-SW reasons...!

Honestly, when I see "Kang" I immediately think of "Kang the Conqueror" from the Marvel universe....

...this thread is awesomesauce!

I am not ashamed to admit, I've enjoyed reading all of the reasons/stories behind people's Legacy.

Anyway..... What is your Legacy? And why did you choose that? Does it have meaning or a story? Or did you just pick a random name from a hat to make the icon stop flashing at you?

(Subsequently, did you get it before Legacy names became non-unique? After?)

Mine is the Atrias Legacy. The name originated from a fantasy-styled board RPG that I was participating in a year or two prior to launch. One of the characters I played in this RPG used the likeliness of Final Fantasy Tactics character Agrias Oaks, which I named Erin Atrias. It's just one letter switched around, but I thought it was effective enough.

When the game started in 2011, I originally wanted to go with the Katarn Legacy (hence the forum name) back on the now defunct Sith Triumvirate server, but obviously, it had already been taken. So I decided that I might as well stick to my RPG character's name and made her Erin Atrias (Erin, coincidentally, was also the name of my human female noble from Dragon Age: Origins).

Unfortunately, when servers where merged and Sith Triumvirate became one with T3-M4, I was forced to rename the character (from what I gather, "Erin"'s been blocked by some Level 14 Powertech that never returned to the game... bummer). At that time, Erin became Aryne. It wasn't until later that I came to know that one of the SWTOR books actually has a female Jedi Knight character named "Aryn", which made me feel kinda uncomfortable, but I decided to stick with it nontheless.

I was wobbling back and forth regarding my Legacy's name when Legacy names became non-unique, but ultimately ruled against renaming it. I've seen my share of Katarn Legacy players on my server and decided to continue using my own unique name. :rak_03:

....(from what I gather, "Erin"'s been blocked by some Level 14 Powertech that never returned to the game... bummer)....

I would LOVE to see character names freed up.

I think, that if you are a subscriber with a current subscription, you should never lose a name, no matter how long it's been since you played, or logged into to that specific character.

However, if you cease to be a subscriber, AND you don't log into the game on at least ONE character on your account in.... 90 days..... all your character names should be up for grabs. (Should it be longer? 6 months?)

So, that if someone tries to create a new character, or use a rename token, and the name they want, is taken by an "inactive non subscriber" account, it should automatically free up the name, give it to the player trying to obtain it, and in the event that the inactive character logs back in at some point in the future, they will have to rename that character prior to logging into the game.

I have been in other games where this has been the practice, and it worked fairly well..... Especially in a lore-heavy game like SWTOR, with Legacy, etc.

I know this is a little off-topic from the point of this thread, but I think it's worth mentioning.

Edited by Ocho-Quatro

I originally wanted Starscream, but it was taken when I got legacy. Aside from the Transformers reference, it's spacey and kind of bad-guyish. It represents the anguish of my main.

But I chose Stormshadow, which which fit perfectly for an Sith Assassin. Stealthy and lighningy all at the same time. Then I got moved and had to rename legacy. Went with Evangelion because the Starscream and Stormshadow were taken.

When the rename came around, I couldn't resist. I had the opportunity to get the name I really wanted, so I took it. :t_biggrin: