What is your Legacy, and why did you choose it?

Ocho-Quatro

I am one of those (weird) people who actually pay attention to character's Legacy names. (Don't ask me why, maybe it's just my OCD.)

Anyway..... What is your Legacy? And why did you choose that? Does it have meaning or a story? Or did you just pick a random name from a hat to make the icon stop flashing at you?

(Subsequently, did you get it before Legacy names became non-unique? After?)

At launch, my first toon in the game was a Jedi Knight (Sentinel) that I named "Ockham".... My plan, was to use "Razor" as my legacy name, to fit my main toon, but sadly when I was able to choose a Legacy, it was already taken, so I ended up choosing "Peacebringer" as my legacy name instead. (Throwback to one of my favorite classes in City of Heroes...)

Anyway, shortly after I got my Sentinel to 50, I rolled an alt.... A Sage.... My name for the toon was pretty much tongue-in-cheek, since, after 2 or 3 months of playing the game, I had reached the conclusion that the only thing a name needed to be more "Jedi/Sithy" was the addition of an apostrophe.

I.E. - John is not a Jedi name at all..... but... apparently, Jo'hn is. (And so on and so forth.)

SO.... when I named my Sage, I gave him the MOST Jedi-y name I could think of was: Apos'trophe

(It's SO Jedi-y in fact, that it has not one, but TWO apostrophes in it.)

The more I played my sage, the more it irk'd me that my Legacy was Peacebringer, since it really held no connection to any of my toons, and to make matters worse, I was playing my Sage darkside....

Long story short..... roughly 4 characters later, all along the "apos'trophe" lines, when we all got the free Legacy rename, I became "The Punctuation Legacy" and the following is a current list of all of my character names... (Ockham just recently got renamed to put him in line with my Legacy..)

Apos'trophe - 55 Sage

Ellip'sis - 55 Vanguard

Quotation - 55 Sentinel

Parentheses - 20 Shadow

Semicolon - 13 Gunslinger

Aster'isk - 55 Mercenary

Back'slash - 55 Assassin

Per'iod - 22 Operative

Therefore, I can express all of the characters in my legacy by typing: ' ... " () ; * \ .

I am a giant nerd.... I know this.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apos'trophe - 55 Sage -- Brilliant. Truly inspired. Kudos to you

Ellip'sis - 55 Vanguard -- Ellip...sis

Quotation - 55 Sentinel -- Quot"tation

Parentheses - 20 Shadow -- Paren()thesis

Semicolon - 13 Gunslinger -- Semi;colon

Aster'isk - 55 Mercenary -- Aster*isk

Back'slash - 55 Assassin -- Back\slash

Per'iod - 22 Operative -- Per.iod

Apos'trophe - 55 Sage -- Brilliant. Truly inspired. Kudos to you

Ellip'sis - 55 Vanguard -- Ellip...sis

Quotation - 55 Sentinel -- Quot"tation

Parentheses - 20 Shadow -- Paren()thesis

Semicolon - 13 Gunslinger -- Semi;colon

Aster'isk - 55 Mercenary -- Aster*isk

Back'slash - 55 Assassin -- Back\slash

Per'iod - 22 Operative -- Per.iod

If they weren't illegal characters...... oh yes, I would have gone there!

it's in my sig,... i chose Ashtear it's a name i've used as my main characters last name for almost 20 years, whenever a game allowed it... Ashtear is also the last name i use online to retain my anonymity and not use my real last name but i can feel free to use my first, middle, or nickname...

Mine is the Agoshi legacy, since my main character is from a novel I've been writing on and off for about 10 years.* That and I prefer having an actual last name myself to something silly (but that's me, there's nothing wrong with silly).

That said it often irks me that my other characters wind up as -Agoshi; since for them it doesn't make much sense. Usually I just hide the legacy name on anyone but my main.

*She actually has nothing to do with Star Wars, but I've always used her as my main in any MMO I play. It's just a thing.

...Ashtear is also the last name i use online to retain my anonymity and not use my real last name...

Nice to know I am not the only person who does that. I realized a few months ago, that I have probably used my online persona "alias" so consistently over the years for various things, that I could probably produce enough documentation for this "imaginary person" to justify any number of things to prove he is in fact real. HAH!

Mine is the Agoshi legacy, since my main character is from a novel I've been writing on and off for about 10 years.* That and I prefer having an actual last name myself to something silly (but that's me, there's nothing wrong with silly).

That said it often irks me that my other characters wind up as -Agoshi; since for them it doesn't make much sense. Usually I just hide the legacy name on anyone but my main.

*She actually has nothing to do with Star Wars, but I've always used her as my main in any MMO I play. It's just a thing.

That is the problem with having a legacy that is tied to ONE character, in a game that promotes rolling alts.... But, as you said, hiding the legacy name is a reasonable option.

And yes, I chose to go with silly. :D

My legacy name plus a few of my character names is an anagram with my irl name. I made this up in high school as my jedi alter-ego. This is why I was so heartbroken to lose that name in transfers. I was able to rearrange the letters to get a few decent names that were still anagrams, but it's not the same :(

Mine is the "Galon" Legacy; on my first play through of Knights of the Old Republic 1 I used the random name generator for 20-30 minutes before I got a name that caught my attention 'Vala Galon'. So even though I don't always use Vala as a first name when naming video game characters, if I give them a last name they always have Galon as their last name. I was also able to get it before legacy names were non unique.

Hehe. That's a pretty unique legacy.

I'm a bit embarassed to admit this, but I named my legacy after my boss (as well as one of my toons). He gave me my first start in this business, had faith in me, and makes some FANTASTIC Star Trek ship designs.

Not to mention Starfleet Command is one of my favorite games from back in the day. So he is kind of my hero.

Repeat it and I will deny it.

I'm a bit embarassed to admit this, but I named my legacy after my boss ... He gave me my first start in this business, had faith in me... he is kind of my hero.

Nothing to be embarrassed about at all! Sounds like someone that I wish I had as a boss. :rolleyes:

Now, if you said all that, and followed it up with... "oh yeah, I'm The Bieber Legacy..."

well, then you might have reason to be embarrassed.

I don't know... but all I see when I read "Hairy-biceps Mc'powertool" is - Chuck Norris

Not bad company :)

Some other names:

Whiskey-machete Mc'Powertool

Muscular-glutes Mc'Powertool

Missing-fingers Mc'Powertool

Tequilla-bullets Mc'Powertool

They make me smile, and most days that is enough.

You have opened a can of worms...

When I first started playing WoW my first character was a dwarf priest with blonde hair and beard. I was having trouble coming up with a name (always do) and my friend who introduced me to WoW was looking over my shoulder and said, "he looks like one of the guitarists for ZZTop." We talked about names for a while and then it hit us - wouldn't it be funny to name my WoW character after the ZZTop drummer; the guy's last name is Beard and is the only member of the band without a beard. We did not know his first name (and we were not smart enough to google it) so we guessed his first name was Mike. So my dwarf priest with with blonde beard was named Mikebeerd. We later found out that the drummer's first name was Frank. But name changing was not available at that point and by the time it was changing the character's name was not an option (too many players knew me as Mikebeerd).

As I made alternate characters I kept the second part "beerd" and the first part was representative of the class. I would use foreign and fantasy languages to name my characters i.e. my night elf hunter was named Farothbeerd - Faroth being Middle Earth (LOTR) Elvish for "hunt."

Fast forward to SWTOR. Since I was playing with friends from WoW, I wanted them to be able to recognize who I was. Having trouble coming up with a name, I used the random name feature and then modified one I liked to include "Beerd". But I did not think ahead and when i got my legacy I was stuck. I did not want my first character to be Beerd Beerd. So, I went back to my use of foreign languages. My first character was full light side. So using Hebrew as the language I translated the words Light and Side into Hebrew Ortz and Zid. I combined the two words into one and got my legacy name Ortzid.

Some awesome Legacy names, and reasons behind them! :D

Makes mine seem pretty dull and pitiful, heh. My Legacy name is simply Kang, but it isn't after anything Star Wars related really. It really all has to do with my second character, Kaffee Kang, more than anything. When I made my first character (a human female Sith Assassin) in the open beta/head start times, I did a random name for her, and the game gave me "Miki". I though, "Hmm, sounds cool. Lord Miki. Darth Miki. Yeah, that'll work!" Of course this was before Legacy was really anything, so the Kang part hadn't come into effect yet.

Then, once I got her pretty much to 50, I was deciding who I wanted to play as next. I really wanted to play as a bounty hunter, and I already wanted to use the name Kaffee. Long(er) story short, about 5-6 years ago (before I even got into MMOs), a friend and I were working on making a game together with GameMaker (he was art/story/stuff I wasn't good at, and I was codemonkey). He came across Eve Online while looking around for artwork inspiration, and started playing it. He kept telling me I had to play it, and I held off for 3 or 4 days...

I then played Eve for 2.5 years. :D While we were working on our game, though, I had seen an Ask This Old House episode where a lady had a 'noisy toilet' (she basically had some air in her pipes). When the plumber showed up, and they showed her name, I immediately wrote in down in my little notebook for later use. 'Kaffee Kang' was just too good of a name to pass up, imo. She became my hauler/production alt in Eve, Vulcan First Officer in STO, and my BH Merc in this game. So, since Kang was her last name, my Legacy name is Kang. Told ya it was kinda boring and dull, but I do enjoy all the responses in this thread and hope to see more! :)

TL;DR - 'Kang' is my Legacy name b/c of dull, non-SW reasons, but this thread is awesomesauce!

I chose Lilium because it's the name of a song that I know and love, would probably change it to Canaan though if I got to re-name my legacy, fits better with my characters names, all being variations of Jenn lol

Jenn-krath Lilium VS Jenn-krath Canaan

Stupid server merge is why I add'd krath to all my characters names, all the variations of Jenn were taken >_>