Remove Premades NOW!

UncelSam

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said prior to 2.0. Right now there's definitely a huge influx of healers, which also makes it safer to run a premade of 4 DPS. Still, when you get no healer on your team with your premade of 4 DPS, you can't help but to realize that your premade is a large contribution for your team to be in this nasty situation.

ah. yes. misread. :)

Astarica I have made a lot of premades before I got fed up with them. 4 decent dps wreck lol. I have all 8 and have made dps premades on all of them. Now of course assuming equal skill a dps/tank/healer premade will beat a 4 dps premade but against an avg premade 4 dps rock

I've ran 4 DPS, it's fine until you ran into that awkward moment when your team has no healers and the opposing team does.

I've ran 4 DPS, it's fine until you ran into that awkward moment when your team has no healers and the opposing team does.

Awkward moment? Your DD's have no balls. 4 dd's on one healer is way too much for that healer. 4 DD's on 2 healers, split 2 on 2 and you still give those healers hell. Enough for their team to pull off foolish moves and become weak.. 4 dd's going after 1-2 healers, and a tank, DD, and CC on their team punishes you all 4 of you for it? That is skill, coordination, and proper gameplay. All of which your 4 man dd team would lack if they were crushed by that action. Not to mention the poor lineup of choice when you play an RPG. Should know better. Especially if you're in a pug, you should know right away a more balanced team has a more dynamic advantage.

Awkward moment? Your DD's have no balls. 4 dd's on one healer is way too much for that healer. 4 DD's on 2 healers, split 2 on 2 and you still give those healers hell. Enough for their team to pull off foolish moves and become weak.. 4 dd's going after 1-2 healers, and a tank, DD, and CC on their team punishes you all 4 of you for it? That is skill, coordination, and proper gameplay. All of which your 4 man dd team would lack if they were crushed by that action. Not to mention the poor lineup of choice when you play an RPG. Should know better. Especially if you're in a pug, you should know right away a more balanced team has a more dynamic advantage.

Yeah because if you're truly forming premades to play with friends, it's totally expected that your friends must always have 1 healer and 1 tank out of every combination of 4 players or they're clearly not your friends.

Yeah because if you're truly forming premades to play with friends, it's totally expected that your friends must always have 1 healer and 1 tank out of every combination of 4 players or they're clearly not your friends.

Why is there no like option on this forum :rak_02:

Lol, I don't have to have my friends on to form premades. 1/4 people can fill those roles if you just asked, or made the effort to have that class yourself. The more you cry and think that organization and class synergy is a negative, the more poorly you display your knowledge of the game. Try communicating and socializing, and asking people to run a spec for a group you make from pugs. 9/10 they do so, and out of 2 matches of pug play I have up to 16 people at my disposal of invites, pms, and running options. Players like yourself refuse to do this, and make up every excuse under the sun and still get stomped by people who just adapt. Pretty sad brah.

Edited by BobDoleSMash

Lol, I don't have to have my friends on to form premades. 1/4 people can fill those roles if you just asked, or made the effort to have that class yourself. The more you cry and think that organization and class synergy is a negative, the more poorly you display your knowledge of the game. Try communicating and socializing, and asking people to run a spec for a group you make from pugs. 9/10 they do so, and out of 2 matches of pug play I have up to 16 people at my disposal of invites, pms, and running options. Players like yourself refuse to do this, and make up every excuse under the sun and still get stomped by people who just adapt. Pretty sad brah.

You totally miss the point Astarica made, try reading it again. I got a hint for you, there is a little bit of sarcasm involved.

Edited by Jorojus

Premades are good. yes, but most of them are not "That" good, 50% of premades are guild groups, they are on ts but half the team are occasionnal Bgers they don't know the maps, they don't know how to help their team, they are very average at one vs one, they don't know how to survive when there is not a tank to pull the aggro away from them, , they don't think ahead, they lack behind the pace of the engaements, of course TS helps in that regards but thoses teams can still lose to a pickup of regular BGers with high individual skills.

Yes it is annoying to get systematically matched to the same and only team left premade at 1 o' clock in the morning, steamrolling the Bgs because of their tailored equipment, and great knowledge of the BGs metagaming, TS failsafe, and generally speaking very oiled up rotations and gameplay.

my 2 cents : do some pve on your rerolls, you can't beat a premade or a half premade even if you are excellent, in this game teamplay is of paramount importance, if their is a weak link in your team you get owned ....repeatidly. you get a clicker in your team you lose,

you get a monokey smasher in your team you lose,

you get a monotarget tunneller in your team you lose.

you get a panicker in your team, you lose.

you get a doopey Sniper in willpwoer gear your lose.

etc....

and when you play pickup you very often get several of those critters in your team, of course in the opposing premade they have less (or even none) and they riddle the ground with blood and bodies, including yours.

But to the point, it is a MMO, the whole point is to play properly solo, but also with others, what if they removed the ability to do flashpoint and operations with people of your choice and you had to do them all in pickup groups.

Premades get rewarded for doing ranked, and that is what they do 85% of the time, now when ranked doesn't tag anymore/yet they split the team in two and finish/start the day with unranked. or they have their 30-54 teamp levelling in bgs and they are just as good, as they are with their fully geared 55s.

You could consider it unfair, it is unfair ... purposedly,because it is also :

1- a very good opportunity for wannabe premades to test their real value against reckonned Bgers

2 -a very good opportunity for wannabe premades, pickups tio hone their skills against geared and efficient players.

3 - a unvaluable opportunity for doopeys listed above to understand how badly they suck and that they need to level up their pvp game, and find what is wrong with them.

4 - the best incentive there is for devoted PUGers to start mingling with other good PUGers and do something 'social' aka "a PREMADE", there is no excuse for being a PUG other than "A - being too lazy to mingle with others, B - being so bad a player that other people won't group with you" both A and B are very solvable issues.

Believe me or not, those games are great played alone, especially this one with the amount of work put into the immersion and quests, but you only scratched the surface until you actually start to mingle with people to push away the limits of what you are capable of as a team.

I love solo very badly and I too am sometimes lazy and just tag alone, but i have had the greatest times in those games playing premades in WOW, doing party pvp on EVE, mingling with people in DAOC, and doing stealther roams in WAR. Brace up and break the ice it is worth it.

if you love solo pvp, duels and showing off your solo skills, Street fighter IV is what you wan't to play, it is great ,dirt cheap, amazingly balanced, easy to pickup and fun.

Edited by Ajuntalee

i like playing in premades too, it is fun. But i also see that it is extremely unfair in the regular wzs. Regardless if my premade is a stacked team with tanks/healers/etc, or whether its great, or crappy, its still an advatange most pugs do not have. The ranked queue was made for premades. This is here the premades should reside.

But if they instant on keeping premades in regular wzs, why not up the rewards, win or lose, for anyone in the WZ that does not share a guild tag with another member of their team? If you have 4 members of the same guild on a team, the other team gets 4x rewards, 3 members provides a 3x reward, etc or something like that. That why, premades still get to play without being penalized. Premades still get their unfair advantage, and pug folks get compensated for putting up with the unbalanced advantage their do not have.

Premades are good. yes, but most of them are not "That" good, 50% of premades are guild groups, they are on ts but half the team are occasionnal Bgers they don't know the maps, they don't know how to help their team, they are very average at one vs one, they don't know how to survive when there is not a tank to pull the aggro away from them, , they don't think ahead, they lack behind the pace of the engaements, of course TS helps in that regards but thoses teams can still lose to a pickup of regular BGers with high individual skills.

Yes it is annoying to get systematically matched to the same and only team left premade at 1 o' clock in the morning, steamrolling the Bgs because of their tailored equipment, and great knowledge of the BGs metagaming, TS failsafe, and generally speaking very oiled up rotations and gameplay.

my 2 cents : do some pve on your rerolls, you can't beat a premade or a half premade even if you are excellent, in this game teamplay is of paramount importance, if their is a weak link in your team you get owned ....repeatidly. you get a clicker in your team you lose,

you get a monokey smasher in your team you lose,

you get a monotarget tunneller in your team you lose.

you get a panicker in your team, you lose.

etc....

and when you play pickup you very often get several of those critters in your team, of course in the opposing premade they have less (or even none) and they riddle the ground with blood and bodies, including yours.

But to the point, it is a MMO, the whole point is to play properly solo, but also with others, what if they removed the ability to do flashpoint and operations with people of your choice and you had to do them all in pickup groups.

Premades get rewarded for doing ranked, and that is what they do 85% of the time, now when ranked doesn't tag anymore/yet they split the team in two and finish/start the day with unranked. or they have their 30-54 teamp levelling in bgs and they are just as good, as they are with their fully geared 55s.

You could consider it unfair, it is unfair ... purposedly,because it is also :

1- a very good opportunity for wannabe premades to test their real value against reckonned Bgers

2 -a very good opportunity for wannabe premades, pickups tio hone their skills against geared and efficient players.

3 - a unvaluable opportunity for doopeys listed above to understand how badly they suck and that they need to level up their pvp game, and find what is wrong with them.

4 - the best incentive there is for devoted PUGers to start mingling with other good PUGers and do something 'social' aka "a PREMADE", there is no excuse for being a PUG other than "A - being too lazy to mingle with others, B - being so bad a player that other people won't group with you" both A and B are very solvable issues.

Believe me or not, those games are great played alone, especially this one with the amount of work put into the immersion and quests, but you only scratched the surface until you actually start to mingle with people to push away the limits of what you are capable of as a team.

I love solo very badly and I too am sometimes lazy and just tag alone, but i have had the greatest times in those games playing premades in WOW, doing party pvp on EVE, mingling with people in DAOC, and doing stealther roams in WAR. Brace up and break the ice it is worth it.

if you love solo pvp, duels and showing off your solo skills, Street fighter IV is what you wan't to play, it is great ,dirt cheap, amazingly balanced, easy to pickup and fun.

/like

Your never going to get rid of premades..... But they can do what WoW did a couple years ago when they had the exact same issue...

They have to make it that premades try to find other premades to fight. This works well & if u run premades u can actually have fun instead of steam rolling a pug & if u are a pug u have less chance to play against a premade.

It does work well & if any person who likes being in a premade steam rolling pugs all day complains. There no pvper & should go back playing the Xbox

Your never going to get rid of premades..... But they can do what WoW did a couple years ago when they had the exact same issue...

They have to make it that premades try to find other premades to fight. This works well & if u run premades u can actually have fun instead of steam rolling a pug & if u are a pug u have less chance to play against a premade.

It does work well & if any person who likes being in a premade steam rolling pugs all day complains. There no pvper & should go back playing the Xbox

You are absolutely right, it might not be the case but i think it already works in such a fashion, the thing is there has to be a set amout of wait after which premades are still included with the rest of the pool, due to lack of other contenders to keep Bgs happening. People who play late at night probably come across that more often as there is often only a few pugs and a few premades awake, and everyone is needed to fill 1 or 2 bgs. and the premades are unable to play ranked anymore.

yes, too many times, since im a devoted PUG player.

Rofl.

This post is too rich. Of course, going against a premade team is going to be terrible, but that is the growing pains of the PvP world. At the very least, a premade team SHOULD make you a better player. The problem is: crybaby players such as yourself refuse to participate if there is a premade team and wants to be carried throughout every match. If you don't enjoy getting roflstomped in the face by premades, guess what? GO FIND A PVP GUILD. Simple as that. Find some people that you can team up with regularly as your own premade.

Take for example my server: Jedi Covenant. Uncensored, Lethal Dose Fifty, Beer Thirty, and I suppose even Unicorn Stampede are just a couple of the hardcore PvP groups on the server. You have about a 40/60% chance that your team is going to actually fight them as a PUG, 60% being that they are probably going to derp, complain and sit down and let them win and 40% being that they are going to take the fight to them.

They aren't invincible. They are good, because they have been running together for ages, some across several games. But if every time you see a premade you lay down and cry about it, of course you're going to get stomped.

I was going to make a thread, but it is just as likely not to be read there as it would be here, but; if you are a PUG player all the time, let's please start assuming nothing will be done about premades and start worrying about what you can control; and that is being better and understanding the limits of PUGs

Had some premades last night. The bad part about it was not facing them, but the fact that no one in the pug wants to work as a team, or they are just so narrow sited about the situation.

Couple of things:

AH: Make sure you at least get one node before you run off to just deathmatch in the middle. Had a match yesterday where I went to get the node, my entire team went mid, and I got mezzed. Called out stealther, then saw 2 and called out. Only one teammate came and by that time, the enemy had 6 guys on our node! *** are you fighting in middle to not see me and another guy doing all we can you just to delay the inevitable there of them capping.. To make things worse, the second round of it, I said "make sure we get the node" and we did, but then here comes 6 players again and we had 4 guys still just derping in mid. I quit that one and would do it again to save my sanity.

Also; keep 2 guards on the pylon. Had something happen yesterday to me that could work with just 2 people working together, let alone even a 4 man premade. I was guarding at 30m on my sniper. One assassin sapped me at the exact time another popped out to cap. The assassin who sapped me was standing right there, so even if the SAP didn't last as long as the cap (which it does) I would get spiked and that would give enough time. I called 2 stealth, but no one would get there in time. I took a gamble to clear and try to entrench, but I lost the gamble. Not sure what can be done in that situation but of course, it was my fault. I'll take responsibility, just someone tell me what I am supposed to do there so I don't have it happen again.

Then there are things that you have to accept work for premades but don't so much for PUGs. Rotating nodes when you have 2 already for example. I see that come up where one of the nodes a team has in CW or NC is under heavy attack and i see GOOD teams go and take the enemies lone node and sort of forfeit the the one under seige. Does't work well in a PUG when you try to tell people to switch to attack the other node and you are lucky if half of them listen. Especially when you control both sides in CW. Learn to not try to win the battle, just intterrupt the cap!

And going for the 3 cap when you are a pug? Sometimes it works, but a lot of times I see a mass exodus on the other side from players quitting, then suddenly good players show up and suddenly the arogant bastards are surprised when the essentially new team comes in and rolls 2 nodes that are not as well guarded due to forces being spread out.

Play to win and play smart. Some premades are really good. Others are not so much and are little different than a collection of PUGs. At least give yourself a fighting chance and try not to just roll over and play dead. No one is awesome enough to beat a premade on their own so work together for god sake.

Favorite quote of the thread.

Anyhow, this entire argument is both bitter and sweet to me. It's the same argument that local legislatures used in my area recently to impose a tax on a specific industry simply because it was burgeoning and profitable, even though it was already being imposed upon by twice as many taxes as nearly every other industry in region: The moral to the story is do not punish the successful.

That said, it might perhaps be interesting to pit group versus group and singles versus singles. The problem with that is there will always be someone complaining that there are not enough battles for one or the other, and what about those parties of just 2-3? I often go duo with my buds, which is hardly considered overpowered despite us being quite skilled, and using voip chat. Does this mean my duo team cannot exist? Does it get bundled with the singles brackets? Does it get bundled with 4-man brackets? This is a lot more complicated than you all seem to think.

So if we break it down to just two brackets:

Teams of 4

Teams of 1-3

What this means is you will have the same people making well oiled 3-man teams, and a fourth in the queue hoping to get in with the same group and guess what? People wll still complain, and before you know it, they will break it into further brackets and people will start complaining about those unstopable 2-man teams.

Again, the moral here is that there are always going to be players better than you, and people are always going to complain about those players.

I suppose it would be nice however, for the sake of sport, to have mini ranked team brackets of just 4v4 instead of 8v8.

I wonder if there is a possibility to even create cross server pvp for swtor ?

The idea was proposed and tossed around for ages by the playerbase and SwTor. I believe there became challenges in the coding however, which affected syncing and time time delays within matches. The problem is more difficult to solve than originally thought, or so I have been told.

The idea was proposed and tossed around for ages by the playerbase and SwTor. I believe there became challenges in the coding however, which affected syncing and time time delays within matches. The problem is more difficult to solve than originally thought, or so I have been told.

/like

The premade issue boils down to a lack of matchmaking. If you're really forming premades to play with your friends who rolls classes that represent the average class distribution in SWTOR you've an extremely high chance of getting 4 DPS. Those aren't the premades people are complaining about and certainly a 4 DPS premade offers no significant class composition advantage. One can argue such a premade is actually at a class composition disadvantage. You'd expect such a premade to have a fairly average winning %

On the other hand you got guys who never queues without at least 1 tank and 1 healer in every combination of 4 players. This is obviously a potent combination, and if that's all you ever do you'll be expected to have a very good winning % and consequently high rating. Such players, if matchmaking exists, should end up playing other good players and similarly constructed premades.

Most good premaders quit this game long ago due to lack of matchmaking. Good players who like to premade and have decent irls hate constant pugstomping.

Most of the top pvp premades on my server are full of bad players who when they rarely pug they stink it up. However, almost any dps in this game can do pretty well with heals/guards/taunts and almost any healer can do well with crossheals/guards/taunts.

The only time skill matters at all in an mmo is in near even matches where you personally are being pressured. Many of the current premaders avoid this at all cost.

Most good premaders quit this game long ago due to lack of matchmaking. Good players who like to premade and have decent irls hate constant pugstomping.

Most of the top pvp premades on my server are full of bad players who when they rarely pug they stink it up. However, almost any dps in this game can do pretty well with heals/guards/taunts and almost any healer can do well with crossheals/guards/taunts.

The only time skill matters at all in an mmo is in near even matches where you personally are being pressured. Many of the current premaders avoid this at all cost.

I remember the days of getting 4 guys in BM gear when there wasn't even a Recruit set. You can probably fight 8 guys with just your 4 guys and still win, and that got old after the first time. I can't imagine how any respectable player would find that to be even worth playing. In fact it was very risky to run a premade if you had any pride at all, because you know if you won it's becase you had god mode gear compared to guys who might not even have Centurion gear. If your team somehow lost, then the joke's clearly on you.

In the time when 2.0 Bolster went in but before the various exploits were found, it was obvious that the normally unbeatable premades are now suddenly losing left and right. Of course I'm sure they blamed their teammates for sucking rather than themselves. The premades made a comeback with the augment exploit, but with this fixed again premades have not made much noise. The newest thing seems to be stacking heavy healers, except this is so easy to do, even PUGs are getting really good at it too so nobody is really rolling anybody but we sure have a lot of 20+ minute WZs snoozefests now.

i think they need to nerf premaes in pve, too

the coordination is just too high. It shouldn't be fair that players should be able to use the tools at their disposal to coordinate their abilities to get a better gameplay experience.

Soa the Infernal One would be very happy if he didn't constantly get ROFL stomped by a pve premade of keyboard turning clickers.