Remove Premades NOW!

UncelSam

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Changes you guys at Bioware has done so far, but one change is still missing;

Remove PREMADE TEAMS from regular WZ:s NOW!!

Freedom of choise is the only way to go. Ppl wont leave WZ as frequently as it is now and all will get the PvP of chiose.

You contradicted yourself. You want freedom of choice and they choose to group up for warzones. I am sure you would make friends to pvp with if you took the sand out of your ****** and stop blaming opposing team premades for you sucking in a warzone.

yeah, but your reply here completely ignores the fact that good players only Q with other good players. that's especially true of the elite players. thus, the 4 best players in a WZ are going to be on the same team *every time.*

yes, it's lesser players not wanting to get stepped on by better players, but I think you also have to concede that premades tilt the WZs from the start. and allowing solo only Qs, while it may introduce other problems, certainly addresses the former. and the former is a valid concern -- not because one team is better than another, but because it guarantees that the same 4 elites will be on the same team every time.

that's certainly their right. I just think there's nothing wrong with wanting out of that system, hence solo option. a premade of your own won't work because it's a matter of skill in the grp, not just the grp. we agree there, surely?

I'm good and I queue solo when friends aren't online and I do fine. You lose some, you win some.

To the OP: So let's say that BioWare makes your wish come true. Will you come in here and make QQ posts after you get stomped by a random team of decent players? I'm guessing it will go like this:

NERF EVERYONE BUT ME! SERIOUSLY BIOWARE WHY HAVEN'T YOU FIXED THIS YET!

It really cant be that hard to technically fix 2 separate Q:s. One for Group vs Group and one for solo players. Afterall they have merged the servers to fill population and on top of that its better to wait for a WZ that fits your taste rather then haveing alot of quitters.

yep here how that will work me and my 7 friends ready to que on mumble/team speak/vent. Yep OK every one que. Que pops we all a say over voice chat que pop yes OK take it. We end up in a pre made with no grouping. See how no solution will work as long as it is server only ques. Cross server would fix that some what then again it would also increase the ques and stuff.

It really cant be that hard to technically fix 2 separate Q:s. One for Group vs Group and one for solo players. Afterall they have merged the servers to fill population and on top of that its better to wait for a WZ that fits your taste rather then haveing alot of quitters.

Agreed

I am always confused at the responses to this idea.

1)"I should be allowed to play with my friends"..okay do a rated..if that's your only goal is to play with your friends it will be fine. If you lose...L2P :)

2)"the queues will be longer"...I disagree in fact it will likely entice more players to come in because they wont constantly expect face stopping.

I might add they could change rated to allow 4 man teams to queue, and of course I have no problem with x-server queues for any of this.

All they really need to do is up their monitoring system and their bans and we would be good.

The truth is we all know rated teams use the regular matches to farm comms and waste time for rated to pop. The stupid part is if they allowed for this idea we would actually see more players continue to level and play and increase the wz pops. Its a no brainer for me but then I enjoy real pvp competition against solid players..who don't need to exploit or hack or stack teams to win. If I lose against a real solid player I can tell, the rest..well lets just say there is a lot of trash in this game.

So I vote to remove premades from regular matches

I agrees with OP init every person you join with shood give 5% debuff so premade of 4 would haves -20% buff to all ofs theres statz init. I pay biowares wages they need to do this as this is fair! i is sic of premades with haks and cheats or i unsub :mad:

There is nothing wrong with having a single premade group within a Warzone. The problem is when a queue pops and 2 premades (two separate groups) or a super queued group show up into a Warzone. My guild is working on putting a ranked team together. We queue a number of groups of 4 together and queue up for a normal Warzone. However, we stagger our queues so that we do not end up with 2 of our guild groups in a Warzone. Should that happen, one of our groups immediately leaves. If another premade group enters the Warzone with us; that is the fault of the match making system.

The truth of the matter the queue system needs to incorporate a group identifier that limits one group of 4 to any normal Warzone and match it to another then back fill it with solo players. This will facilitate placing 2 premades into a normal Warzone against other premade groups. Likewise the match making system should include an organizer similar to what group finder uses for Flash Points. This would limit each side to having 2 healers, 2 tanks, and 4 dpsers. Conversely, this system should incorporate identifiers for the skill tree and stance type and lock them as is so the system cannot be exploited by respecting after enter a Warzone. Finally, putting Voice coms in for Warzones and group (FP & Ops) play will increase the competition level and fun factor for everyone.

Should BioWare do this, I believe it will greatly lower the frustration of PuG players. Moreover, it will not eliminate poorly skill players from being destroyed by a group of comprised of good players in a single premade and 4 solo players. Will it reduce the amount of complaining people do about groups and match making in a Warzone? Maybe. However, people will still complain about something they do not like. What it will do is increase the enjoy ability factor allowing the less skilled players to actually learn how to play their chosen AC and improve their play.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

They make it to where you can't have premades in reg WZ and they lose even more of their player base. Not happening.

Then

1. Allow teams of 4 in Ranked Warzones, this would create a whole new kind of dynamic where premade guilds would often have to work together to defeat a similar dual premade or a full 8 man premade.

And to curb premade bullying in non-ranked................

2. Have a max cap on comms for premades in non-ranked warzones. Meaning that if they completed their daily and weekly no more commendations can be farmed from pugstomping. They would instead only be able to get comms (ranked) from ranked warzones.

Honestly the biggest problem right now in WZ is when you run into a 3+ healer team which most PUG absolutely cannot handle, but that cannot be done by any one premade, unless that premade was insane enough to queue 4 people as 3 healers and a tank and hoping the other 4 are just all DPS. I have seen no evidence that people are somehow queueing up 3 healers out of 4 members and then quickly respec to something else when you realize you've too many healers. About the most potent setup you can do wiht 4 people is likely healer + tank + smasher X 2, and I do see quite a lot of teams set up like that, but they're still only 4 out of 8.

I love the Changes you guys at Bioware has done so far, but one change is still missing;

Remove PREMADE TEAMS from regular WZ:s NOW!!

Freedom of choise is the only way to go. Ppl wont leave WZ as frequently as it is now and all will get the PvP of chiose.

.......no absolutely I agree. Sort the premades and the queues and ratings etc and keep pugs for pugs of 1 no teams and all will be finished. Its awesome but theres much stomping going on and winning or losing its pretty rubbish so you're a god one game and rubbish as anything the next.

Honestly the biggest problem right now in WZ is when you run into a 3+ healer team which most PUG absolutely cannot handle, but that cannot be done by any one premade, unless that premade was insane enough to queue 4 people as 3 healers and a tank and hoping the other 4 are just all DPS. I have seen no evidence that people are somehow queueing up 3 healers out of 4 members and then quickly respec to something else when you realize you've too many healers. About the most potent setup you can do wiht 4 people is likely healer + tank + smasher X 2, and I do see quite a lot of teams set up like that, but they're still only 4 out of 8.

is true. there are too many healers in queue atm. I spend most of my time on the mando dpsing in combat support cell. lol I never thought I'd ever use supercharger for charged bolt, but I've been doing it a lot in the past week or so.

Faulty logic, they leave pug groups more often than anything else in my viewpoint.

Yes you can win against a team of 2-3 healers. It is tough, but definitely possible if your team is good.

Oh yea and healers are not OP.

how high statistically is a chance that your team is good to win against a premade with ranked setup?

how high statistically is a chance that your team is good to win against a premade with ranked setup?

It would be foolish for a premade to have 2-3 healers and 1-2 dps/tank. They won't be able kill people fast enough. It would "work" for huttball and alderaan if the other team is bad.

Edited by Darkshadz

It would be foolish for a premade to have 2-3 healers and 1-2 dps/tank. They won't be able kill people fast enough. It would "work" for huttball and alderaan if the other team is bad.

standard premade grp is 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps ... x 2 in ranked = 2 tanks, 2 healers, 4 dps ...

This argument goes like this

Pugs: No premades, unfair

Premades: Friends, mmo

Pugs: Don't like getting ROFL facestomped by premades

Premades: Like ROFL facestomping pugs

I can't imagine it would be too difficult to have a preferential matchmaking system that pit group vs group if at all possible, using solo players to fill in. If the system was flexible there wouldn't be a noticeable increase in queue times but it's hard to know in absence of the actual data.

They tried that in WoW, and you know that didn't work out as intended.

Played about 12 games last night, had one game where my team absolutely crushed the other team which clearly was a full pug. The other 11 were all highly competitive and most came down to the wire and every team we faced in these games had at least 1 premade in them.

While my fellow solo queuers are busy eating paste I like to look over at the premade and see that at least a few people in the match aren't playing blinded by orificial delumination. It's encouraging. Edited by Joesixxpack