The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Queued on my DPS Sorc for a flash point, got Mandalorian Raiders SM. Zoned in, immediately left again because I had forgotten to get my newer armorings from my mail. Came back, healer left without a notice. I asked them to requeue and left the flash point again to get field respec in order to respec to heals. As no replacement could have been found I asked them (Jugger, Powertech) to get a DPS companion (as it was wasted potential without a fourth group member). No one reacted... after repeated requests, the Jugger finally summoned Vette and I thanked him. He then switched out Vette for Quinn. I asked him to get Vette again, I wanted to get the flash point done and I was healing anyway, so a DPS companion was surely more preferable. I gave him plenty of time to comply, but he just pressed on, so I left group. The flash point wasn't important enough to me to talk to walls... (if there was any reason to choose Quinn over Vette, he could have named it - I see none). Also, I admit, I wasn't very patient that day, but while I am not a very talkative person myself, you could at least answer when being talked to...

KDY, on the same Sorc... I asked the group not to secure the hangar until having killed the champ. The tank stated I should lead the way, but as the champ was not on our side of the ramp, I said: we're fine as long as no one clicks a terminal. Well, of course someone clicked it (the second DPS)... I told them the bonus quest would vanish if they did this, why won't some people listen?

I've noticed this more and more of late, especially a certain Spanish-language-named guild on the JediCov server (I'm starting to literally IRL dread seeing these guys pop up in my PuGs, and everytime I do, I can only wonder how much this latest FP will cost me in repair-bills).

I'm perfectly willing to give a pass to people for whom English isn't the native language --technically, it isn't mine, either-- but what language one speaks does not correlate with whether or not one is a bad and/or socially retarded :/

Edited by midianlord

KDY, on the same Sorc... I asked the group not to secure the hangar until having killed the champ. The tank stated I should lead the way, but as the champ was not on our side of the ramp, I said: we're fine as long as no one clicks a terminal. Well, of course someone clicked it (the second DPS)... I told them the bonus quest would vanish if they did this, why won't some people listen?

This is a bit annoying. They always say that there's enough boxes to finish the bonus but they are obviously missing the point.

The reason I ask for guards in Flashpoints when I'm healing is because tanks in this game seem to lack the intelligence to actually tank more than one mob in a pull at a time, which leaves me healer-tanking the other 4.

But at the same time, there seems to be a plethora of healers who freak out at the notion of taking any damage at all and cry "tank fail!" if they so much as stub a toe. It's deeply aggravating to be stuck in a flashpoint with one of these divas for 20 minutes.

New story!

Soft mode Athiss. I roll into this one with my level 20 pure blood assassin tank, Covetous. Athiss is easy. The healer for this run is a level 26 operative, so I predicted smooth sailing ahead! After all, the other three were in the same guild. That's a good sign, right?

Long story short, I died three times on trash before we even got to the first boss. Terrible, terrible, healing. Or rather it was all going to the awful marauder who kept making awful decisions. Also, the op was playing her character like a sniper, and not a healer. When I asked why I wasn't getting any damn heals, she said I was pulling too much aggro.

Yes. She said that.

I'm not a wrathful guy, but I have limits. I type "not feeling this group," and leave. I decide to hop over to my level 22 powertech, while I wait out my assassin's lockout. I que, and naturally, I get put into the same group I quit on my other tank. I smell the opportunity for luls, so I write: "What happened to the other tank?" just to see what they'd say.

The healer responds: "What other tank?"

I replied mentally, with "b-tch, what?" But replied in actuality, with "Ah. I see." And I knew I was going to have to make them suffer. So I turned off my ion cylinder and yolo'd the room. Y'know, droids, dogs, a couple of those green silvers. I made sure I died right in front of the op. Then I logged off and watched some daytime television.

Edited by sanctified

I had EXACTLY this happen to me the other day. Guy was like "oh oops I forgot" after I'd told them well in advance. I just left.

Weird people I meet in Group Finder always seem to be the Healer that isn't a healer. Why they do this I will never understand.

News flash folks, the group will never make it past the HK fight in Foundry sm without a healer.

Queued up for an hm 55 last night as an healer, like always.

Queue pops instantly... when we all joined the flashpoint, the 2 dps instanlty left. The tank stayed... then i saw why... He had 15k HP ( how do you manage to have 15k hp at lvl 55 as a tank ) and had lvl 45-50 greens and blues with accuracy rating stats on all on them. No tank gear at all.

Edited by StellaRossa

On which scenario's is this happening? Since I was a believer of that too. But i once ran the Hangar Bay Scenario as last trashmodule. I specifically told the group not to finish the quest but to do bonus + champ 1st. One person didn't listen and went ahead to click after the minibosses upstairs were dead.

After that we killed the champ, netting us the normal kill XP AND we cleared the bonus (it didn't went away) and got full xp for that one too.

Because of this I'm really not sure if this whole 'not getting xp anymore' is true or that people might confuse it with the 6 elite droids who spawn after the wrong puzzle. Seems weird to me that we were able to finish all without a problem.

On which scenario's is this happening? Since I was a believer of that too. But i once ran the Hangar Bay Scenario as last trashmodule. I specifically told the group not to finish the quest but to do bonus + champ 1st. One person didn't listen and went ahead to click after the minibosses upstairs were dead.

After that we killed the champ, netting us the normal kill XP AND we cleared the bonus (it didn't went away) and got full xp for that one too.

Because of this I'm really not sure if this whole 'not getting xp anymore' is true or that people might confuse it with the 6 elite droids who spawn after the wrong puzzle. Seems weird to me that we were able to finish all without a problem.

That's Ship Assembly scenario. In Hangar scenario you get ambushed by two elite force users and one non-force user on top floor. Bonus quest that has champion as objective is Hangar Offensive. There's another bonus quest (Saboteur) that has nothing to do with Hangar Offensive bonus.

http://www.torhead.com/mission/J8Zh71/hangar-offensive

Edited by Halinalle

I am 100% certain that the bonus quest disappeared yesterday, after that guy clicking the terminal.

I am 100% certain that the bonus quest disappeared yesterday, after that guy clicking the terminal.

Think he was reffering to the Saboteur bonus quest, because you're correct the "kill elite defender" goes bye bye if the main objective is completed.

Anyway, story time.

HM meltdown: Merc(72,me), 2 Maras (72/69 and 78/72), Jugg (66/69/72). You can guess the roles :p

Zone in, say our greetings and... I get guard. *sigh* not this again....

Click it of, Jugg starts pulling. Everything is going smooth apart from the Maras ripping from the tank, I spend most of the time either healing one or the other (no Mara tanking was involved, also kill order was followed religiously :eek:)

Get to the sandstorm boss, and wipe on it as the 72/78Mara had aggro most of the fight(also never drink and heal kids :D)

Rez, run back, I get the guard again...

Me: "why guard me when the Maras are ripping?"

Mara1: "because he's a noob"

Jugg: "because you're a healer"

Me: "and?"

Jugg: "whatever"

Switches the guard to one of the Maras, and it's smooth again, mostly, some ripped aggro but nothing big.

A small WTH moment was had, but that's about it.

TL;DR

Your standard guard the healer trick, no lulz here.

I just had the strangest run on HM battle of ilum

Me 55 tank

A 50 dps guardian

A 55 dps sage (never done the fp before)

And 55 sage healer

Everyone said hello as standard and we begin the healer immediately starts pulling everything as me and the 50 dps are taking the shortcuts.

Naturally i think ok easy mistake i have done that myself before, run back save the day, i notice i did not receive a single heal, dps sage didnt either.

As we HoT, Healer runs and pulls again at this point me and the 50 dps are just on whisper saying ***, get futher on still no heals first boss the "healer" dies we beat the boss just, healer starts needing on everything, there on for trash mobs me and the 50 dps do nothing and tell the healer to carry on if he likes tanking, no reply, the 55 dps sage says he can respec and we all carry on as normal to finish the fp and a kick is put in place for the fake healer

A big thanks to the other sage who respecced needed those heals towards the end and thank god for biochem reusables XD

Weirdest people i meet in group finder, are the ones who think that HM 55's and SM OPs are the places to get geared up. Yes this is very true.

However, not then you have (40) mods in.

seriously...seen dudes have lvl 39 gear...thinking HM's were the place to be.

Also...non role dependent FP's has been a nightmare for me...kuat...never again...it wasn't the content...2 dozen runs...everyone of them filled with a dozen or more aggroed mobs...for no reason other then everyone wants to be an individual and run off and do their own thing.

Esseles and Black Talon when rolling a new toon, oh for the love of the force...sure enough...every run, one guy never chooses the convo options dragging the whole thing out.

and the social retard...who is just a retard who doesnt research how to gear their toon, who doesnt figure out how to do anything but spam their basic attack, and they never respond to you in chat when you try to give them pointers, like "hey, you're a tank, use your taunt."....or the person who queues as healer or tank...and they are really a dps...

PUGs are like drinking, you get to a point were you say "never again will i get that drunk". but eventually...........

Last night for the first time ever I had a silent group. Totally silent. No one said anything at all, other than me greeting and thanking the group at the end.

Was kinda creepy. I'm on a European server, and as there are many European players who are neither English, French nor German speakers there are a lot of other languages present in the game chat. So it's possible I had three non-English speakers, but this has never happened before in two years of playing. People usually say something. Most people know "hello" or "hi" (or can at least say the equivalent in their own language).

The run went fine, though. Wasn't a problem, just a bit weird.

Edited by PLynkes

I had a similar experience as the OP. Running a HM foundry on my op healer, and I notice the tank is dying every fight. Just up and evaporates. Only him. Never used stealth and was definitely taunting. I clicked him to inspect, and noticed Surging Charge was on. That's halfway up the deception tree.

I asked him why he used surging charge. No response, and another member successfully vote kicked him.

and the social retard...who is just a retard who doesnt research how to gear their toon, who doesnt figure out how to do anything but spam their basic attack, and they never respond to you in chat when you try to give them pointers, like "hey, you're a tank, use your taunt."....or the person who queues as healer or tank...and they are really a dps...

Using a taunt before any other attack is wasting that taunt. You open with something that creates high amount of threat like for example Harpoon or Force Pull.

And the same issue again, and while it feels unnecessary to complain about this yet again, I need to rant. Because this time the person should have known better.

The first scenario was Assembly and the Sniper in our group successfully assembled the starship. When the Sorc in our group asked how she could assemble without reading the datapads she claimed she had been here so many times and explained to him.

Then, hangar scenario. I noticed the champion standing on the opposite side of the room and told them. The Sniper said: doesn't matter, we're going there later anyway. I replied nobody better activate the terminal then.

I trusted, as she had been here so many times she would know about this. But it was her who activated the terminal. I was so annoyed because she was supposed to know after so many runs. And in the event that she didn't care, she could have least done it for the group.

SM Athiss. on my new sorc healer

Jugg tank, marauder and sniper dps

Tank inspection: green weapon. oh well, moving on.

Tank starts typing instructions in chat. I can tell he might be the controlling type based on how he's speaking. example, "Wait. Don't dps yet until i have aggro. <me>, you can still heal"

(Ok, some degree of coordination can be nice, but seriously, that level of micromanagement is unneccessary).

Anyway I keep quiet and heal on, hoping that he's just a helpful guy, and we make our way past beast and into the hallway towards final boss (the one with all the champion sith lords scattered about). At this point, it seems that the tank wants to kite each mob into the previous empty room before fighting, even if there's no other mob nearby.

To begin: one mob is walking up the stairs toward us. The tank moves backward and says "stay back". The marauder doesn't move, and the tank spams "stay back. stay back. stay back. stay back".

Well, the fight starts, and we all engage. Except the tank, who stood back and said,

"i'm not tanking him".

To which I replied, "it's ok we got this".

Sniper then sent me a tell commenting on the tank's childish behavior.

This behavior continued on through this area. Tank would pull, and then stand and watch the 3 of us fight. I considered initiating a kick, but I didn't and kept fighting. This happens several more times.

New room. Tank stays behind of course and says,

"back. don't dps. or heal yet."

After a bit of hesitant turning by all parties, sniper engages.

tank: "<SNIPER>"

me: "just shoot him. no other mob around. we're completely safe"

So the tank decides to spectate once again. 3 of us fight him, and at the very end the tank decides to walk up and get a few hits in.

I let him die.

Once he's rezzed, he initiates a vote kick against me (which fails).

me: "tank, then i'll heal you"

tank: "I DID RETARD"

me: "and calm down. it's just a game. let's just finish this."

tank: "you don't let the tank die no MATTER WHAT RETARD"

me: "then stop complaining and tank. you're the one who said, 'i'm not tanking'"

tank: "cuz you won't listen to THE TANK"

We fight one more mob with a spectator tank, except this time the marauder joins him as well, and they watch in silence as me and the sniper down the mob. Then they simultaneously leave.

So me and the sniper waited about 5 min and were about to drop, when suddenly we got a new tank/dps. And as most stories like this end, we finished flawlessly.

Had a good one today. Running Malestrom Prison on my 41 commando as a dps and I get a beastly Guardian Tank, and pretty good scoundrel healer, and then this other commando. He's level 42 and all he does is Explosive Round and unload in Armor-Piercing Cell. I ask him why he's not using Grav Round, HiB, or anything really and he says "I'm usually a Jedi. Casting is weird for me." So i explain the rotation to him and tell him how all the procs work, link him the proper skill tree and all that stuff. He then asks me, "What happens when im solo questing? I cant sit here and channel all this stuff! The enemy will destroy me." I gave up at that point. I just cant deal with some levels of stupid.

Next FP, Malestrom Prison again. This time im a healer. Get a VG tank, GS DPS, and a Sent DPS. The sent is in Juyo form pulls every single pull well before the tank. Like he only stays and attacks the current pull long enough for his jump to come off CD then he's off to the next pull. Thank god the GS and Tank we're pros and we kept chugging through. The sent killed him self at least 25 times but didnt wipe us (thank god) any way, we get to a boss and the sent stops long enough for us to catch up and as were killing what ever boss were on, i notice that all he uses is slash. Thats it. He clearly isnt spec'd right because he runs away from the target to force charge but damn, he can slash like a champ. There are never any dots on the boss. Nothing. Just slash, run out to charge, slash.

Bad night for GF, 1st attempt czerca HM get to 1st boss and players exit one after the other. Great start to the night.

2nd attempt i get an in progress group on Athiss, i always get a bad vibe when a tank has left a group im about to join.

I get in say my hellos and check map again they only up to 1st boss....i ask why the tank left and if they got stuck at boss, no answer on why he left and they hadnt attempted the boss yet, the dps commando says something isnt going to work (must of been something they were talking about prior to me joining) he then quits....great something is going on, i notice the healer and sentinel dps are same guild, im about to ask what the issue is as they hadnt really done anything and i get vote kick initiated against me for no reason, they both then quit.

Gave the GF one last chance for the night and got maelstorm prison, great group and a very fast playthrough, so atleast 3rd time was a charm in this case

Good night all

Had a good one today. Running Malestrom Prison on my 41 commando as a dps and I get a beastly Guardian Tank, and pretty good scoundrel healer, and then this other commando. He's level 42 and all he does is Explosive Round and unload in Armor-Piercing Cell. I ask him why he's not using Grav Round, HiB, or anything really and he says "I'm usually a Jedi. Casting is weird for me." So i explain the rotation to him and tell him how all the procs work, link him the proper skill tree and all that stuff. He then asks me, "What happens when im solo questing? I cant sit here and channel all this stuff! The enemy will destroy me." I gave up at that point. I just cant deal with some levels of stupid.
Maybe he's only ever gone questing with Elara Dorne, once he picked her up? I never bothered using anyone else after my Vanguard tank added her to HAVOC Squad. (I'm still leveling my Commando, though, so I'm not sure how necessary she'll be later.)

And the same issue again, and while it feels unnecessary to complain about this yet again, I need to rant. Because this time the person should have known better.

The first scenario was Assembly and the Sniper in our group successfully assembled the starship. When the Sorc in our group asked how she could assemble without reading the datapads she claimed she had been here so many times and explained to him.

Then, hangar scenario. I noticed the champion standing on the opposite side of the room and told them. The Sniper said: doesn't matter, we're going there later anyway. I replied nobody better activate the terminal then.

I trusted, as she had been here so many times she would know about this. But it was her who activated the terminal. I was so annoyed because she was supposed to know after so many runs. And in the event that she didn't care, she could have least done it for the group.

KDY 101 - Take charge. Don't let the group get anywhere near the last objective without killing the elite. Drag the group towards the elite. If that fails, agro the damn thing and drag it to the group. Just don't let the group get anywhere near the last objective clicky while the elite is still alive.

Same with Starship Assembly. Kill the sentries when you enter the main room, check the cards, have solution ready. When the group starts fighting the trash in the last room, grab the final card and head to console. If you are quick, you'll have the solution locked into the console before the others have a chance to screw it up.

And as to weird, crazy or downright stupid people in GF, KDY has them in spades.

Multiple missing gear slots at 50+...check.

Gear that is 10+ levels old...check.

Wearing the wrong main stat / armor type...check.

Using only one or two abilities, usually the ones you get at level 1...check.

Leapers attacking champs while at 1% health...check.

That one guy who can't find his self heal channel ability...check.

Sorcs and sages knocking trash packs out of group AOE on cool-down...check.

Bad knock-backs of trash causing room pulling incidents...check.

Explaining the few simple boss mechanics then watching someone ignore and die...check.

I can tell he might be the controlling type based on how he's speaking

- Healer isn't the leader of the group.

- If you force leap before tank then you tank it.

KDY: Marauder (me), 2x Sniper (?), Assassin

I start this run exactly like I do every FP: "Hello"

... And nothing. Complete silence. *really loud alarm sound* No problem, unusual KDY run it is then.

Oh boy, was I right! Unusual is understatement. 3 "heroes" in the group go solo and attack different groups of mobs and I just stand there watching few seconds and then I decided to help the closest player. A Marauder, class that is known for doing something like this doesn't do it. What's wrong with me?

And this continues throughout the whole FP and we get to Droid boss. After two wipes I ask if everyone knows the fight and no answer. I wait a bit (maybe they're slow at typing :)) and still nothing. We already spent way too much time in FP so I decided to leave.

Edited by Halinalle