The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

"I WILL ONLY SAY THIS ONCE - KEEP THAT GREEN **** AWAY FROM ME. UNDERSTOOD?"

:eek:

I reply that's a HoT that helps with the heals and helps me get Tactical Advantage stacks. Got the reply - "I Don't care, No Green **** on me. I wont say it again. Next time, you will be kicked." :confused:

That talk would've gotten one of two responses, depending on my mood (you may guess them):

1 - no HoT love for the tank and if he takes a dirtnap because that amount of healing turned out to be crucial to his survial & playstyle...well, it's not my repair bill (usually playing Ops Heal).

2 - Votekick with reason "rude tank is rude", followed by the famous ignore-button and either a new tank for us, or a new healer for the group (and two additional uses of the FIB).

On another note:

What is it with Assassins/Shadows and strange gear choices this week? I'm not even talking about Aim for hitting things or stuff like that - they managed to pack the right mainstat, at least...

Pugging on my Sentinel, I zoned into Czerka Labs HM, where we proceeded to wipe 3 or 4 times on the first boss, one of those because of enrage. The tank commented that we were seriously lacking in DPS and since I know my gear, I decided to inspect the Shadow in DPS stance. I found an even mix of Tank and DPS gear, with a shield generator thrown in for good measure. Noticing on this occasion that I hat pugged into a guild run, I left with a 20k repair bill and a guild to ignore.

Even before the last run on my PT Derps, pugging into Mando Raiders HM already in progress and expecting to find something worthy of this thread (:D). The group waits before the republic boarding party and we down them on second try (there's a reason why you might LoS this pull). On trash pulls, I notice the SinTank taking large amounts of damage and a somewhat concerning lack of guard on anyone. Several wipes on Gil (a fight we gave up, eventually). After first wipe on Varad, the tank complains we need to kill the boss now or he won't be able to repair his gear...which prompts me and, judging by the following exchange also the healer, to inspect him:

He was in 1/3 DPS, 1/3 PVP and and 1/3 Tank equip! And it was not the rating 66 stuff you get thrown at you on Oricon/CZ-198, but at least elite comms gear :eek:

While I'm digesting this, the healer mentions it's already been a quite costly run, tank agrees and leaves. I smile to myself and offer to respecc (always carrying a set of partly augmented rating 66 tank gear in the bag :D). Healer comments "that looks much better", lists for a replacement DPS and we pound Varad into the dirt.

Seriously, why would you gear that way? my brain refuses to come up with any possible (if misinformed) reason.

Edited by Leiryat

While in group finder queue I got put into a group that the person literally had the same exact gear on as me down to the rifle used it was not only wierd funny but the guy was really odd in the group chat.

Another one was when I was in group que one of my guildmates was put in my group with the units uniform.

Now my momentbis when I learned to heal as an agent on HM Athiss on my agent. Only male char and I was having an issue keeping the girls alive. Though we managed to complete the mission a fp that would take a good group about an hour it took us an hour and a half cause I hate healing and sucked at it.

Just got into a HM Czerka Labs and as I phase in one guy goes, "we may not have the dps" then "no where near it". I assume they're kidding, as the two DPS have 39k and ~35k health. The other three people are guildies. Fun. Same guy tells me (tank) to let the Juggy tank, so I check his gear. No wonder he's got 39k, it's all tank gear. So I tell them he shouldn't have queued as a DPS and continue to tank the trash. Other tank says "no its cool" and we continue. Then I notice that the green numbers I'm getting are coming from two places - the healer and the other "DPS" who says "LOL we had no choice to get a 4th in our Q". Well no wonder, since you have two healers and a tank and apparently no one willing to respec. We died almost instantly to the droid boss and I initiate a kick on the other tank to make a point, drop group when it fails. I'll run with my own guildies next time >_>

Ehm, not want to rain on your parade but a good geared tank is able to do enough dps to meet enrage timers in any 55 HM. To make it even better ... As a tank you do enough dps to meet the enrage on any boss while solo'ing. Most often the only exception is the bonusboss.

And yes this comes from personal experiences. I have solo'ed Hammerstation HM and Atthis HM on my shadow. The only reason I couldn't get to the last boss in Atthis was because the beast of vodal cresh (or however the knockbacking beast with periodicle adds is being called). My treek couldn't keep up with the damage done by the adds+boss.

I also have run a few flashpoints with Czerka HMs included on my vanguardtank while acting as dps. We had a fresh 55 vanguardtank guildy who wanted to do some fps for gear so we decided to log onto our troopers to get a higher chance on trooper gear. My tank was geared back than in full 72 UW, my dps guildy his gear was very bad so he did only slightly more dps than I did. We never met enragetimers on any boss.

The only reason I couldn't get to the last boss in Atthis was because the beast of vodal cresh (or however the knockbacking beast with periodicle adds is being called). My treek couldn't keep up with the damage done by the adds+boss.

You should try it again but this time take the Beast to that far cave (the 2d common strategy for Athis PUGs). You won't get the adds that way.

My Assassin is a tank in off spec only, so, I don't know that she's geared enough. May be able to do it on my Guardian whose main spec is tank.

Would be fun to try. Its just a repair bill, after all.

So, I understand that the new Flashpoints are listed as tactical. Wouldn't be my decision, because they are definitely harder than SM Czerka FPs or KDY and thus benefit from a healer, but I understand. And I understand that this will cause people to play their roles a bit more lax than they perhaps normally would.

What I don't understand, however, is when Healers wait for the Tank to nearly die before starting to heal. What I don't understand is DPS ignoring kill order and going strong to weak (and the trash has a tendency to be obnoxious in these FPs, so ignoring kill order can get you killed), standing in the middle of an AoE (I'm not talking about the bosses, that's forgiveable if you do it the first time) or taunting mobs of the Tank for no apparent reason.

I'm also extremely sad about 2 of the bosses - Liam Dentiri and Lord Renning. Who will I deliver my spare bone marrow samples to in the future? Who will torture newbies with his supply of battle droids? :(

Well you probably haven't tried the new harder Labs , it is harder you will see enjoy :) There are now proper tactical missions where we will have to communicate with each with a plan.

Update - just got the new meltdown and the 3 other members decided to test out the getting the end boss up top after a teleport bug and guess what ? It is still there and then to make things worse he enraged the second time , so we had to go med and get him on the third. He still enraged though but died after killing 2 or 3 of the group I only survived by the skin of my teeth. two tanks and two dps was the team. So yeah wait until you try the new labs AND meltdown phew. A healer would be cool indeed.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

Ehm, not want to rain on your parade but a good geared tank is able to do enough dps to meet enrage timers in any 55 HM. To make it even better ... As a tank you do enough dps to meet the enrage on any boss while solo'ing. Most often the only exception is the bonusboss.

From personal experience, this tank and these two healers couldn't DPS :D And my tank isn't very well geared yet. Still a couple Arkanian/BM pieces on, some 72s. So no, we didn't have anywhere near the DPS for a HM, particularly not this one, where they made that oh-so-fun droid boss even more oh-so-fun and long and the adds matter.

I haven't got any new stories. The weirdest thing about group finder right now, is that I've been running with some really nice strangers and we've been wrecking randoms left and right.

A little worried. It's like existing in a little bubble of peace before Cthulu notices that he wants to eat your planet.

Something tells me that jinxed it.

Nah, probably just the Hawk's Pubs.

Needed to kick my scoundrel up a level or two before dragging her through Quesh, so naturally, I queue up for KDY for a good chunk of XP. First round goes great, with the higher level tank consistently wiping (he may have been in a damage tree with tank gear and tank stance-- didn't feel like asking), but he was dropping like a fly in mobs. The 'Slinger would pull groups randomly, and somehow, we made it through Lord Modo without a group wipe... just the poor Guardian dying about three times to finish off the Sith.

Second round... not so well. We get Modo again for the end boss, and one of the DPS squalls into the chat 'Healer heal!'. Muttering to myself, I ignore his yammerings and the tank pulls. Surprise surprise, we make it through without anyone dying that second round, even though the second dps was probably cursing to himself about the DPS SCOUNDREL not healing.

Personally, I think a lot of the issues are with lowbies never learning to play their classes/specs, but when people like that make it to endgame and they're too stubborn to listen to help, they pretty much deserve whatever repair bills they accrue, and whatever ignores they end up on.

Personally, I think a lot of the issues are with lowbies never learning to play their classes/specs, but when people like that make it to endgame and they're too stubborn to listen to help, they pretty much deserve whatever repair bills they accrue, and whatever ignores they end up on.

That's my biggest fear of the "tactical" flashpoints... if you end up with a group of 4 dps consistently enough, or even if you do have tanks and healers... it's tailored so it's not necessary to stick to your role, so then when you get to the normal flashpoints, the healer's not healing cause... they don't know how cause it wasn't necessary in the 200+ KDYs they did to level up....

Not really a weird people thing, more of a rant.

So, I pugged up and got Taral V. Well, I've never done anything past Cademimu, so I had no clue what to expect. Naturally, I look up my next possible FP ahead of time to get a general idea of the fights. However, I still play it smart and tell the group the moment I port in that I've never been there before. "Well, you better not **** up" was the tanks response. Okaaay. Not really sure what that was about.

So, we go through and they just wanted a speed run. So, we skipped most available trash packs and the Shadow(dps) mezzed the others so we could get through. I fell of a rock and attracted 1 gold mob and get yelled at for not following the group. Well, we get to the first boss. Fight is explained for me. Well, the shadow charged in first before the tank. I wait for the tank to try and grab aggro before attacking. When she does, I start attacking the cat adds as instructed. Well, both of them are drawn to me and the tank and healer both ignore me and I die. Shortly after, the shadow does as well. They were all quick to blame me for the wipe. I just stay silent and move on after our second attempt.

Second fight and third fight, simple enough. Things went off without a hitch. Fourth boss, the shadow is just running around aimlessly stealthed for most of it. He said he was lagging and that's why he wasn't fighting. I lagged for ONE of his orbital hits near the end and died. Naturally, I'm the idiot who stood in stupid despite avoiding every other one until then. I even said that we didn't wipe and I only died at like the last 10%

Last fight, nobody tells me what to do, and I didn't really remember what I had read. So, I use common sense. Avoid stupid and kill adds. Well, I'm not getting healed for most of the fight and as such, am constantly falling under like 30% hp. Well, we kill the adds for most of it. Last group of adds, I end up getting attacked by all of them. I use my bubble and force mend to barely survive. Boss engages again. Well, get hit with his DoT and I cleanse. Get hit again almost immediately and die from my already low health. Not long after, the group wipes from the enrage because the shadow wasn't putting up enough dps.

"***. Why the hell didn't you listen when we explain fight?" Seriously? I'm the moron because the tank couldn't hold aggro on the adds and healer couldn't keep the whole group up.

TL;DR: Never done Taral V. Explained to group the situation. Nobody explains fights. Every bad thing that happens is automatically my fault

Well you probably haven't tried the new harder Labs , it is harder you will see enjoy :) There are now proper tactical missions where we will have to communicate with each with a plan.

Update - just got the new meltdown and the 3 other members decided to test out the getting the end boss up top after a teleport bug and guess what ? It is still there and then to make things worse he enraged the second time , so we had to go med and get him on the third. He still enraged though but died after killing 2 or 3 of the group I only survived by the skin of my teeth. two tanks and two dps was the team. So yeah wait until you try the new labs AND meltdown phew. A healer would be cool indeed.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

At the time I posted that, you are correct, I had not played the "new" Labs and Meltdown. But IMO it didn't get that much harder. The bosses are a bit tougher, but the trash is the same old stuff, so it's not that big of a deal. Did them fine without a healer, only issue was of course the desert boss where one of the group died (bc tank didn't know what to do with the generators).

Now, were there any fun stories in the last FPs I played? Mh, I don't remember any. The only odd thing I found was in Korriban Incursion (Imp Side, 2 tanks 2 DPS), the other tank didn't care too much about aggro (and I usually leave the tanking to the other guy if there are 2 tanks), so our Sniper DPS was in risk of dying in every fight against champion level NPCs. Jensyn even almost managed to kill him. It was like he was trying to get the Sniper killed. It sucks when you have to start working if you didn't plan to :p

But there is a x2 XP weekend on the horizon, hoping for all the fun stories here.

Edited by Darkelefantos

Had some amusing part on the two new flashpoints. Did the assault on Korriban first, healing for two shadow tanks and a sentinel. Did okay, though I was using my solo build w/most of sawbones and points to get sucker punch + flying fists. Since I had three melee people in my group, I found myself wishing for kolto cloud.

Plus: Mines. Oh ghods, the mines...

Anyway, made it through. One of the shadows died in a mob battle (lots of elites w/strongs as support) but we finished.

So I respec to full sawbones w/kolto cloud and do the Tython flashpoint. Got one of the shadow tanks from the previous one, my scoundrel and... two other scoundrels. We managed to sneak past a LOT of mobs and all of us had kolto cloud. The tank barely got below 50% health. Though I was amused to find myself wishing for.... sucker punch + flying fists. *facepalm*

We actually did get some DPS out, since lots of the enemies were facing the tank so we three just got behind them and scattergunned them as much as possible.

Ah well. :D

First timer here, but Double XP started and was very surprised when I got a pop on Foundry as a Merc DPS. Now I know I am new on Mercernaries, but my group had a well geared second Merc DPS, an Operative Healer and an Assassin Tank lvl 40. No problem you would say ... well I wouldnt be here if it wasnt.

At first glance there is nothing wrong, me and the healer share their hello's, make it known we are willing to do the full run with bonusses. And everything to the first boss went well. From there the **** broke loose, when the tank and the other Merc DPS turned out not to speak English, or rather bad. The tank, despite being well geared and actually in the right charge, was not even able to hold agro over an entire group, let alone guard a DPS or even a healer if he really wanted to guard someone.

Then during the HK fight the tank found it more important to stay on HK and lose complete oversight and control over the situation and suddenly when Stage 2 of the staged bonus was completed the tank found it a good idea to just start completing Stage 3 and ignore HK-47! The Healer and I called him out on it, he didn't reply. The healer said he had better things to do and left. I initiated a vote kick for the tank right before the healer left and so we were down a healer and a Tank .... awesome sauce. Left the group afterwards.

First weird person in groupfinder story, but a memorable one ... usually run in rather good groups or just guild groups.

More fun lowbie story time, from the past weekend. It's long, but hopefully entertaining.

Sage healer, level 27. Got into Mando Raiders. Group is myself, a gunslinger, a commando, and shadow tank. We get going, in the first area with the gold droids, I could tell this would be a humdinger of a run. First thing I notice is the mando pulling. I know, AOE is fun and all, but why can't you let the tank pull? :mad: Then the tank! Oh My, the "tank". But I get ahead of myself. The first real pull of the instance, the area with the gold droids, and we come within a dog's hair of wiping. No one on the same mob, pulling the whole room, you know: Idiot Shenanigans. We go on. Almost every trash pull is the same - almost wiping. There is something wrong here, so I observe. Mando pulls groups, tank doesn't. As a matter of fact, tank doesn't ANYTHING. No stance, no taunt, no attacking until the mobs are halfway dead. I whispered him, saying the usual "if you're a new tank, it's ok, let us know and we'll help you". No response. By the time we got to the first boss, after a few wipes, I say in party chat "hey Tank, since you didn't respond to my whisper, I'll ask again: are you new? If so, it's cool, we can help you". Still no answer.

So dog boss. We wipe, surprise surprise. I look at tank's gear, and it's crap. Like starter planet crap, pieces missing, no rhyme nor reason to his gear. So since I broke the silence, Slinger starts asking him things, saying "do you want to pick a stance (or whatever it is for Shadows) for tanking" or "can you use your taunts"? See, the Slinger was pulling aggro, since the Commando pulls via AOE while the Tank stands there with his lightsaber up his exhaust port. Second attempt at dog boss, and I'm heal-tanking. To add insult to injury, the tank doesn't attack anyone really, and stands in stupid. He swings his lightsaber like he's trying to dps, but stands in the lovely red circles on the ground. :mad::mad::mad: So fortunately someone else grabs aggro for a bit, so I could swing my lightbat as my Force regens (I was under 800 health, blew all my CDs, and couldn't Noble Sacrifice). I die, the Slinger died shortly after, yet we managed to down the boss. A nice Aim piece dropped, and Mr. Shadow needs and wins it. I type in chat "good, that should help your tanking quite a bit". :rolleyes:

A sane, normal person would have dropped by now. I didn't. :p At this point, Slinger and I are whispering back and forth. But we're both frustrated, and we start talking in party chat as if the tank isn't there. Things like "it would be nice to have a tank", "we're gonna kick this tank, right. Want me to start the vote or do you want to?", "hey, is your Corso up for tanking this?", "I am doing a better job tanking, and I'm dps/heal", things like that. Yes, we're point blank telling this tank that we're going to kick him, insulting his playing and tanking, and generally being civil jerks to him (no "yo momma" insults, we kept it on point). Still NO RESPONSE. After several more wipes, we get to the 4-boss fight. We tell the tank this is it, he's getting kicked if we wipe. So Commando pulls as he is wont to do (I won't even go into how he kept breaking my CC with his AOE-fest) Tank goes, grabs one of the guys, and takes him behind a pillar in the back of the room. Yes, out of my LOS. Needless to say, heal-tanking 2 guys, Slinger-tanking, and Tank acutally held his mob to himself! Shame he died because he wouldn't stay in my LOS, and I had to run back and forth between the stairs and the pillar healing everyone. Wipe, go back in, and KICKED that guy. I had over a 4k repair bill, just up to that point. The whole thing took over 2 hours!!!

Running the new Korriban and Tython Flashpoints without end to get my faction-based Korrealis mounts I have seen a lot of really great but also a fair share of underperforming groups. Since they are harder than KDY or CZ-198 before some DPS really seem to have some troubles adjusting for a Tactical that requires more group play. A Sentinel rushing well ahead of the group, jumping into a Trash pack that leaves him with no chance of survival. Been there, seen that.

But the strangest thing occured to me and a PUG group during a Run of the Republic version of Korriban Incursion. As some may have noticed, the Sith Champion in the central hall of the Academy can get pretty tough if you end up in a group without somebody being able to heal and even than the lack of coordination can cause some problems. So whenever I have a stealth class in my group, I ask them to CC that guy and just be done with it, because if he is sleeping there won't be any adds at all. Works fine in most cases.

Until one ends up with that kind of expert we ended up with. Wearing a mix of 162 and 168 gear, but without augments I really believed he would have no problems with simply using his Mind Maze as a Jedi Shadow. So we get into position and wait for him to go into stealth and take the Sith out.... but nothing happens. We wait. Still nothing. So another guy asks him, why he isn't doing anything. He tells us, his class does not have a CC. A Jedi Shadow unaware of his most valuable PVP and Solo-PVE ability? Ok. Then he goes on to find excuses, like he does not have Mind Maze because he is DPS. I have 4 Sith Assassins so I know a bit about that and explain him how that is a Class ability and all Shadow's have it. In the end we got him down to the excuse, that he NEVER has needed or used Mind Maze before. Playing a stealth-class to 55 and starting to gear up him without a clue what stealth actually does for you, that's a new one.

And yes this comes from personal experiences. I have solo'ed Hammerstation HM and Atthis HM on my shadow. The only reason I couldn't get to the last boss in Atthis was because the beast of vodal cresh (or however the knockbacking beast with periodicle adds is being called). My treek couldn't keep up with the damage done by the adds+boss.

I also have run a few flashpoints with Czerka HMs included on my vanguardtank while acting as dps. We had a fresh 55 vanguardtank guildy who wanted to do some fps for gear so we decided to log onto our troopers to get a higher chance on trooper gear. My tank was geared back than in full 72 UW, my dps guildy his gear was very bad so he did only slightly more dps than I did. We never met enragetimers on any boss.

Hey, the Czerka FP bosses actually have enrage timers that happen. Multiple times I've hit enrage on the droid, Enhanced Duneclaw, the Enhanced Vrblthr and The Vigilant because a bunch of guildies wanted to run it, despite them all being in Rakata/Campaign gear -_-

And so, me in my mix of underworld and oriconian gear for both dps and tank gear (well the tank gear has 1 dread forged implant and a veracity earpiece/implant) vanguard decided to help out. And enraged on those 4 bosses :(

However we still killed em all.

the droid enrages on I think the 6th elecrical charge of the water, which is impossible to beat with 2xtank + 2xheal.

he then does a ton of extra damage, which can't really be healed through ever.

Desert Boss enrages by having a 5th hidden sandstorm generator activate

Enhanced Vrblthr enrages doing triple damage and becoming immune to the spores

The Vigilant enrages on the third Cyclone Slash move (and hes a pain to heal through)

Edited by TACeMossie

Hey, the Czerka FP bosses actually have enrage timers that happen. Multiple times I've hit enrage on the droid, Enhanced Duneclaw, the Enhanced Vrblthr and The Vigilant because a bunch of guildies wanted to run it, despite them all being in Rakata/Campaign gear -_-

the droid enrages on I think the 6th elecrical charge of the water, which is impossible to beat with 2xtank + 2xheal.

he then does a ton of extra damage, which can't really be healed through ever.

Jip, I know they have enrage timers and I have been in groups as a tank or healer where an enrage occured. Just not in the runs I specified in my post. The runs I had as a dps in tankgear with a guildy dps who was doing the same dps as I and a fresh 55 guildy tank. Coordination can be important at times.

Also I have noticed that the droidboss is quite good healable while being enraged. I had it a few times on my sagehealer when the czerkas were just out. It became very fun to heal when the boss enraged at about 30% HP. With the 2 dps dead, my force gone and myself and the tank on very low HP we killed him. I am not Gods gift to healing so I assume that a skilled healer in 72/78 can heal trough the enrage without a person dieing.

And the vigilant bossfight ...... ugh ..... I hate to heal that fight. Tanking I really don't mind since the spinattack deals so little damage to a tank that it only tickles you. But when the healer/dps can't or won't move out on time its a hell to heal :(

More funs were had today during the double XP weekend.

Was doing Hammer Station SM with my DPS 'Mando. Got grouped with a 23 Scoundrel healer, a 21 (later 22) Sent and a 17 Shadow as our tank. I am rather optimistic at first, I mean 3 of us were overleveled for the FP. But boy, can optimism decline fast in a pug.

After zoning in, what is the first thing the Sent and I do? Well, we save our "tank's" life because the elite droid in the starting area was killing him. Healer wasn't there yet, so I heal while the Sent kills the droid. Afterwards, the "tank" did not use his out of combat heal. He never did for the entire thing. He also didn't say anything ever. And so, after the Scoundrel's there, our adventure begins. We get to that dreaded first major pull with the 2 elite droids, clearly there is no time to ever CC one if there is a Scoundrel around :rolleyes:

The "tank" opens with his... signature move, Force Wave, which is among the few moves he actually uses. IIRC, he used the standard attacks you get at the beginning of the game without even doing anything (though not Project), Force Wave, Stealth and Force Lift and that's about it. But it gets better. "Squishy" doesn't even begin to describe him. That pull VAPORIZED him, even if the healer had been paying attention it wouldn't have been enough to save the "tank". So the Sent and I kill the pull in basically 2 man mode.

After the 3rd or so time something like this happens (after the Sent had already tanked the first boss because the tank didn't make it past the 5 second mark), the Sent asks in group chat whether the tank was dead again. So I whisper him the results of my previous inspection of the "tank's" gear. It turns out he was not using a shield generator. Now, I know what you might be thinking. Nope, it's not the bug that makes the offhand invisible. Because I clearly saw the focus he was using. Also, all of his gear was green and at least one of the pieces was still from Tython. To boot, he is also a ninja looter (not that I cared that much, I had better gear than what dropped there anyway). But so is the Scoundrel, so I guess that evens it out :rak_02:

Before we face Riflor's Champions, the Sent calls out the "tank" on queing for tank and being completely unprepared to actually do his job. So after the Sent had tanked the first boss, I get a chance to practice my commando tanking on the 2nd boss. To nobody's great surprise, the "tank" dies after several seconds. This is an incredibly shameful display of both tank and healer. The DPS boss of the group is focusing on the Sent and the healing boss just does his job. The Champion mob does really low damage, so how they manage to get the Shadow killed is beyond me. So I tank the rest of that fight and we do it with ease. This whole thing causes the Sent to, in group chat, proclaim "Why is it always me who gets these groups?"

So, untill just now, I didn't say anything bad about the healer, only the tank. I never bothered checking the Scoundrel's equipment, I kinda had faith that a level 23 would be OK to do Hammer. But randomly, at some point, I catch a glimpse of what he's doing during the fights. He spends the ENTIRETY of every fight in cover. Completely stationary, no sign of movement whatsoever. Do I really have to tell anyone what this means for the final boss?

No, I don't, but I totally will regardless. The Shadow opens the fight with Force Lift on Battlelord Kreshan, the facepalm level immediately rose to over 9000. This obviously causes the Battelord to unleash his AoE cone, which annihilates our "tank". The Sent gets in position and starts tanking the boss again. Obviously, since we are one guy short, I have to deal with the adds on my own, no big deal. However, I realise too late - our Healer is completely stationary in cover again. Of course, Kreshan takes that invitation and drops a bunch of mines under his rear end, which kill him aswell. So the Sent and I are left to deal with the boss alone. I got really sorry for this after the fight, because the Sent was the only useful group member I had, but it seemed like a good idea at the time :p, but I didn't start healing the Sent, instead I focused Kreshan down. The Sent dies, I immediately take revenge and then revive the poor soul. We say our goodbyes and leave.

Good god. But, on the other end of the spectrum, minutes later, I got an AMAZING group for Athiss. A Commando healer (not using a cannon but a normal rifle, but he still did completely fine), a Sage DPS and an awesome Guardian tank. GJ guys, that was way more fun :)

Also, side note: I was extremely confused today, did 4 FPs, 2 as Operative and 2 as Commando, and every time my Jedi looked like Sith and my Sith looked like Jedi :p

PS: Sorry for the length of the text, I had to express what happened properly.

Edited by Darkelefantos

I have 4 Sith Assassins so I know a bit about that and explain him how that is a Class ability and all Shadow's have it. In the end we got him down to the excuse, that he NEVER has needed or used Mind Maze before. Playing a stealth-class to 55 and starting to gear up him without a clue what stealth actually does for you, that's a new one.

You have 4 Sith Assassins? What.

good, because those *********** are immune anyway

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my OP. Any time I CC'd (droids, beasties, what have you), and marked the CC, the Commando broke it. He would pull, I'd CC (or I'd CC first, and he'd then pull), then he'd target the CC'd mob and go back to AOEing.

Edited by PaxSithari

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my OP. Any time I CC'd (droids, beasties, what have you), and marked the CC, the Commando broke it. He would pull, I'd CC (or I'd CC first, and he'd then pull), then he'd target the CC'd mob and go back to AOEing.

yeah it's better to not use the markers when there's idiots in the group. if you mark something for cc someone attacks it right away but if you mark something in a boss fight to be killed first they completely ignore the marked mob :rak_02:

Edited by rantboi

with battlelord Kreshan, if I'm not the one tanking him and/or don't know the tank that will and see that they are not trying to circle around? I position myself on a side of the room before he gets pulled as promptly as possible, because almost inevitably - the tank will pull him as he stands, never turns him around and the whole group ends up getting hit by his cone attack. at least that way, there's one less person to heal (and since more often than not, I'm that healer... yeah)

its almost weird to me at this point when I see a pug tank get into position and NOT hit the group with AoE

edited to add. apparently healing abilities on commando don't require a canon to work? or so I've heard. its only dpsers that are stuck with those enormous "overcompensating much" things

Edited by Jeweledleah

KDY... Guess I shouldn't queue at 2am...

Two of the group members barely said anything and our tank was a little annoying until up to the end. We got Station Guardian One, and as you know it's a long run to his area. I take a little time to load each scenario in KDY, and I was also typing. I got to the stairs, then with no tactics even thought of being mentioned (though I knew them), somebody entered combat (I guess the tank). I sarcastically congratulated them, then the tank called me an F2P noob. This was the stupidest insult there was really, and IDK how being F2P matters, but it's an insult so...

Anyway, the tank ended up saying how it could be soloed after I told them they seemed to want to do it 3 man (we were all below 40) which was pretty pointless... We got 3 full energies and for the start of it only a coupleof us were focusing on the adds. The tank was clearly an alt who wanted to rush through things (if they're not... wow) and the others... IDK.

And guess what...? I didn't say "TY" at the end! AHAHAHAHAHA!

Edited by TheRandomno