The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

"Adds."

"Adds!"

"AAAAAAAAADDDDSSS!!!!"

(Splat!)

Seriously, what level of fail is required to wipe repeatedly on that droid boss in KDY because I'm the only one killing adds in that huge-azz room, can't keep up with the spawn-rate, whilst no-one else is doing any damage to the boss, or running the kolto-clickies, or moving out of the massively-telegraphed ick on the floor when it comes...in an all-DPS group?

What further level of fail is required to be wearing a Sorceror's lower robe with level 20-ish Willpower mods --on a level 32 Sniper?

Is it possible to set a whole guild on /ignore? Even I would pay those *********** real-money things for an unlock to allow this.

Jeezus-pleez-us :/

E:

That Sniper even levelled during the Flashpoint. Good God, when did some bright light in the MMO industry decide that catering to the lowest common denominator of bads was a good thing?

I'd like to have words with that no-doubt estimable individual.

Harsh, pointed, and not-at-all fit for polite company words.

Edited by midianlord

Yeppers. If a healer demands a guard, I politely tell him that he doesn't need one outside of a war zone.

The reason I ask for guards in Flashpoints when I'm healing is because tanks in this game seem to lack the intelligence to actually tank more than one mob in a pull at a time, which leaves me healer-tanking the other 4.

Not so much a weird group I had but an interesting fight. Leveling my jedi knight guardian today I did sm cademimu as a tank. The whole thing went fine till the final boss. First fight we wiped because the dps stood near flames. Second time they ran to the flames after the boss jumped on them and I was trying to pull aggro to me. Well anyway the two dps died and me and the healer defeated the boss from about 80% health. It surprised me that he didnt enrage. Or does he enrage. Its been awhile since ive done sm flashpoints

The reason I ask for guards in Flashpoints when I'm healing is because tanks in this game seem to lack the intelligence to actually tank more than one mob in a pull at a time, which leaves me healer-tanking the other 4.

Then you obviously haven't run a lowbie flahpoint with one of my tanks, rarely does a healer have adds on them, and if so, are promptly dealt with. I would go so far as to say to not demand it. There are specific fights where guarding the healer helps (most of them being in some ops fights (hm brontes, 6 finger phase for example).

I've seen too many healers ask for it and then explain to them why they don't need it. But I digress, and i do agree to an extent. That's why most of the time I am tanking the flashpoint myself, because I seem to get what you are describing, so i solve the problem myself hehe. Just as the old saying goes, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Not so much a weird group I had but an interesting fight. Leveling my jedi knight guardian today I did sm cademimu as a tank. The whole thing went fine till the final boss. First fight we wiped because the dps stood near flames. Second time they ran to the flames after the boss jumped on them and I was trying to pull aggro to me. Well anyway the two dps died and me and the healer defeated the boss from about 80% health. It surprised me that he didnt enrage. Or does he enrage. Its been awhile since ive done sm flashpoints

As far as I can tell there are no enrage timers on SM, but even if there are, a Tank and a Healer who's off dpsing can 2 man most of the bosses.

It could be tank's fault but dps not doing their job could also be cause for this to happen. That 5% is only thing you get from Guard in that situation. Threat reduction means nothing if you're the only person generating threat. If dps even sneezes then mobs will try to kill him/her instead. And that's without Guard on healer. That's how low amount of threat healing generates.

It could be tank's fault but dps not doing their job could also be cause for this to happen. That 5% is only thing you get from Guard in that situation. Threat reduction means nothing if you're the only person generating threat. If dps even sneezes then mobs will try to kill him/her instead. And that's without Guard on healer. That's how low amount of threat healing generates.

I agree with this post, it points out what I failed to mention. The main point is healers usually don't need a guard.

Was hitting HM Lost Island on my Healer!Sage with the group ranging from level 51-54. Tank was average but I was noticing the fights were taking ages compared to the last runs. The DPS!Scoundrel was hitting all her moves so I turned my attention to the DPS!Commando... and then see him throw a Trauma Probe out.

Now you have to have some pretty high points in the Commando Healing tree to get that ability.

I ask him about it, and it turns out he just switched cylinders and kept rolling. He knew he was doing it! And the worst part was his excuse was that he had to manually untick the DPS selection each time he queued and spending that extra second wasn't worth it.

After the fifth wipe on killer Donkey Kong due to the Commando usually being knocked off I had enough and said my goodbyes. I hope when they re-queued he took that extra second...

Guard provides a 25% reduction in threat and a 5% damage reduction increase to the target regardless of distance, and transfers 50% of the incoming damage from players (and probably companions) to the tank, as long as the tank is within 15 m.

Except that damage transfer works only in PvP.

Except that is exactly what Korin was telling us. Just read it again mate. Same to the rest plz, read it again carefully.

Korin is 100% correct when he says incoming damage from PLAYERS (ergo PVP) gets transferred. Also most likely companions might be considered PLAYERS (ergo PVP) too since they are in fact a tool of the PLAYER (ergo PVP)

Anyway weird part about me and a friend (more me tbh).

1st story is about hammerstation SM on my lowbe guardian tank. We used the tunneling drill shortcut and succesfully downed the 1st boss. So far nothing weird. I'm always a bit disoriented after the fight which way to go and always look on the map quickly to see the correct way. This time I was a bit distracted and ran the wrong way ........ right into the mobs we skipped .... while the healer and 2 dps were already in the correct hallway. I felt like a tool noob, even more since I only noticed the adds when they aggrooed on me :) Was a bit flabbergasted since they weren't supposed to be there ;-)

2nd story is about a Mando raiders HM with a friend of mine who got called away by a costumer of his to fix a broken SSL-thingy. I was on my shadowtank, had a healerguildie with me and a random pugged DPS I met before. I decided to clear trash with the healer and other dps to save some time while my friend was fixing his SSL.

When we arrived at the 1st boss I forgot he wasn't there and initiated combat. Its safe to say that our pugged melee dps wasn't happy since the dogs had the annoying behavior of running to my friend who was standing afk a few rooms earlier (if not at the start). Luckely the dps was very good, together with my off dps on the adds we were able to clear them in time.

The rest of the flashpoint went without a to great hickup if I remember correctly.

... I'm always a bit disoriented after the fight which way to go ...

Last week I was in one of the CZ HMs. The one with the droid. Labs? Anyways. I was on my Scoundrel healer trying to get back into the healing groove. All is going great! Until ...

I get yanked by the droid ...

So am caught out in the electric field taking damage ...

And scamper on out ...

The wrong way into a pack of droid adds.

Where I immediately died. I felt like such a nubsickle.

On another exciting episode of Dragonball Z...

No wait, actually that's not it. Not really exciting either. But I did SM Czerka FPs for the Weekly. Now, my tanking wasn't exactly stellar, but I have to confess that I don't go all out in these, because I have enough faith even in pugs for them not to die in goddamn easy mode. So, first one was Labs with my Jugg Tank. a Jugg DPS, a Merc and a Sniper. That Jugg somehow managed to pull aggro of me during all boss fights, which was really weird, because I've hadpeople with ludicrous equipment (compared to his) not do that. Anyways, it went fine.

On Meltdown, I ran with the same people, except the Merc was replaced by a Sorc who decided to "tank" all the trash. As I said, don't mind, if they get themselves killed in SM it's totally their own fault and he never did. Then, for some reason, during the final part when you kill the generator things to get to the Vigilant, the following conversation happened:

(Note: orginial convo was in German, translated to make sense)

Jugg: [Name] do that again you Bob! (also, why he called him a "Bob" is beyond me)

Sorc: I already did you [censored]

Jugg: You didn't even spell that right.

Sorc: I don't have to, I'm not German.

Sniper: Guys, calm down, it's alright.

*more comments by the two guys that I already forgot even though it was just yesterday*

Me: Less typing, more killing.

Sniper: ^^

*Silence till the end*

No clue what happened, and I did not care enough to find out, but yeah, it was really weird because I didn't see anything worthy of this discussion.

On another note, I did the Heroic 4 Aurora Cannon in Section X, also with my Jugg, my group consisted of 3 ppl from the same guild, levels 51, 52 and 55. This was the first time ever I've seen a) people using CCs on the Elites, b) actually had to *tank* that mission, because usually you group with 55's so the DPS is so high it doesn't matter at all. Also the second time ever I was grouped with ppl who didn't know you have to interrupt "Force Siphon" if you ever want to kill the Champion guarding the consoles :rolleyes:

The fun I had that day was OVER 9000! to stay true to my intro. :p

Did you guys come through the wrong door?

"Who should be Guarded?" is some other thread. This is "The Weird People you meet in Group Finder." :)

I've given up on asking dps to follow kill order and asking tanks not to guard me. Don't have the energy for it and I don't feel like fighting windmills anymore. I'm rather jaded after two years of pugging and seeing the same mistakes over and over again.

Today I just dismiss the guard off me and keep dismissing it without a word. I don't even try to heal the dps that breaks marked cc'd targets or stands in AoE. And when the tank and the dps fail completely leaving me to tank several mobs on my own, I just spamheal myself and /stuck if they manage to get themselves killed.

It's really sad and I wish I had more energy and incentive to help and teach others. Some people you just can't reach. :(

Ran SM Czerka Core Meltdown last night for the weekly. My jug tank, another jug tank and 2 dps. The other jug had 1k less hp than me and was very squishy but he insisted on pulling and using his taunts. He was taking a lot more damage than I would expect and a lot more than I was taking when I had threat (he would constantly taunt it back). So I decided to check his gear - all 162 or 168 rank stuff, pretty similar to myself. But wait... none of it had tanking mods! Everything had Power, Critical or Surge and he had no Defence, Shield or Absorb at all. His saber had Power and Expertise.

I know it isn't necessary to have a proper tank in the SM Czerka FPs but I really hope he isn't queueing for HMs as a tank. How do these people get to level 55 without learning the stats required for their class/role?

Ran SM Czerka Core Meltdown last night for the weekly. My jug tank, another jug tank and 2 dps. The other jug had 1k less hp than me and was very squishy but he insisted on pulling and using his taunts. He was taking a lot more damage than I would expect and a lot more than I was taking when I had threat (he would constantly taunt it back). So I decided to check his gear - all 162 or 168 rank stuff, pretty similar to myself. But wait... none of it had tanking mods! Everything had Power, Critical or Surge and he had no Defence, Shield or Absorb at all. His saber had Power and Expertise.

I know it isn't necessary to have a proper tank in the SM Czerka FPs but I really hope he isn't queueing for HMs as a tank. How do these people get to level 55 without learning the stats required for their class/role?

Man, some people are still put wrong main stats into their gear... "What are secondary stats? I donno anything about it" :rolleyes:

Here couple of mine...

LI hm Im lvl 55 mando that actualy geared for nim df so my dps on 50 fp should be enought to solo them but no 10 basic coms then :) We zone in and 55 sent dps sees it LI. Says hell no LI and quits. Tank and heal were 50 decently geared. I make some funy coments how 55 dps shoudnt realy leave LI after all those nerfs it became a joke. We get replasment dps 50 sent. We clear first two bosses no problems I stoped before third boss and ask have you guys did it before. Tank says he hasnt I explain and we start fight we stack under the boss and before he jumps up he sudenly moves in front leavin all of us behind boss me and both dps end up in lava but tank survives. Tank coments "it was my first time but you guys suck" he wasnt insulting us just being funy :) we clear rest of fp whiout any probems.

Second LI hm story. Im usin my sage healer 72-78 mix all other group members are 50 most of them are still in blue mods we killed first boss no problem. Move further I notice dps and tank stand in droids aoe (electric fields) though **** happends nobody dies so I didt say anything. Oh boy that was a mistake but I understood only when we hit second boss. Tank not moving droid dps plasing electric fields near it everybody taking dmg. I used rescue on tank to pull him of those fields he didnt get what to do to clearly but started to move boss around enough so we can finish boss off. Aftter that i asked have they done it before all 3 answered no first time here. I explained fights we did bonus boss fight took bit longer because of low dps but everythin seemd ok. just before last boss i explained fight and off we go first grean aoe on ground 1 dps down (went from full hp to 0 in 1 hit ) because of dc we maneged to get to last pahse of boss fight but our dps is too low we wipe (we almost run out of colto tanks had to kill 2 champion mobs that spawned to get to second phase) by that time our dps reconected and ofcourse he went to medcenter so i couldnt combat rez him. On second try we cleared boss no problems. They were realy grateful I sticked around to finish fp.

And third story is about guy whit big ego :) Doing cademimu hm we clear all fp prety easy before last boss one dps says havent done this in hm what the difference from sm. Tank and me (healing on sage) quickly explain and other dps whit Founder title starts braging Im founder playing for 2 years Im prety much Invicible on any fp if group isnt full of noobs and so on... (that was actualy kinda strange only thing he sayd before that was hi) we start fight I magned to rescue founders *** out of fire once second time same thing happends he got knocked back to far corner and flame is about to start (he fries) I use combat rez and boom third time in a row he got knocked back to fire by that time Im loughing so hard... we kill boss I rez almighty founder. Tank says You should realy change that title now... and boy that coment hit the nerve lets say our founder wasnt polite after that dont know why but he even start to insult me and other dps too for no reason we didnt say anything. That boss fight was carma at its best :D

We were the weird ones this time. Me (healer), guildy and friend (both dps) grouped up and queued in gf to find a tank for a HM FP and we get Athiss. Before our queue popped, I told the other two to start pulling groups when we got in cuz otherwise I'd be bored. We knew the tank would get pissed but it is what it is. So dps friend starts pulling groups before I even have time to buff myself and says in group chat "we don't have much time, hurry!" which made me laugh. He was out of range of me and almost died but I got there just in time to save him. Tank just loaded into the instance and had no idea what was going on. He saw us pulling groups left and right without him, didn't say a word and quit the group which made me laugh even more. We expected as much. I got out my Blizz (who's decently geared) and we finished the instance with no problems except for Blizz dying a couple of times (I should've had him follow me when the fire balls from the last boss focused on him). Pffft who needs a tank anyway?

This Happened to me a few weeks back.

Queue up for CZ HM's for the CZ Weekly as a Tank on my Guardian. Instapop and I load in to 3 people in same guild. Sage DPS, Scoundrel Healer and a Shadow DPS. We say our hellos and start with clearing trash. I gain aggro and we take them down. We arrive at the Droid Boss and after a RC I jump in...... Only to watch as my health and my cohorts goes down steadily and the bosses barely moves. We hit enrage and die. We get back up try again and same thing. After three times my teammates are furious. They start screaming at me in chat " You need to learn how to tank / Stop being a noob."

I finally take a look at their gear and get a huge huge shock. Scoundrel was in lv 46mods, Sage had might instead of willpower and the Shadow had stacked END. I question them about it, and then the shadow tell me its due to him being a "Defensive DPS".

At this point I was dumbfounded. Defensive DPS? I instantly said my goodbyes, quit group, and requed. A few moments later I recieve a whisper telling me how "I was an idiot and a noob. That I also had no clue waht I was doing" and "How the Shadow had done DF/DP HM before and was a pro".

From that point no matter what I check to make sure that the people I group with are at least have the right main stat. But seriously though, Defensive DPS?

We were the weird ones this time. Me (healer), guildy and friend (both dps) grouped up and queued in gf to find a tank for a HM FP and we get Athiss. Before our queue popped, I told the other two to start pulling groups when we got in cuz otherwise I'd be bored. We knew the tank would get pissed but it is what it is. So dps friend starts pulling groups before I even have time to buff myself and says in group chat "we don't have much time, hurry!" which made me laugh. He was out of range of me and almost died but I got there just in time to save him. Tank just loaded into the instance and had no idea what was going on. He saw us pulling groups left and right without him, didn't say a word and quit the group which made me laugh even more. We expected as much. I got out my Blizz (who's decently geared) and we finished the instance with no problems except for Blizz dying a couple of times (I should've had him follow me when the fire balls from the last boss focused on him). Pffft who needs a tank anyway?

Go make DF with your friends, man)) Who need tanks, right? :D

He sounds like a pvper (given the expertise, plus they often tank in dps gear in pvp), and their gear is certainly fine for SM Czerka.

Edit: Oops, missed the 162 and 168 stuff. I guess he had dps pve gear on. Anyway, role doesn't really matter for SM Czerka.

Are you certain he was taunting, or were you just losing threat to him, which would easily happen if he has dps gear on but is in tank stance, as he'd be out-threating you with the same tank multiplier + extra power from gear.

Also, what does 1k less health have to do with anything?

----------

Often in these tactical flashpoints people have tank or healer listed but don't actually tank or heal (I have a post in this thread complaining about this earlier), I've discovered. I've decided this is normal and even started doing this myself:

If you put dps + tank as your possible roles it always marks you as tank (similarly if you put dps + healer it always marks you as a healer).

While leveling a tank recently, I'd be in dps spec but with tank gear to swap to + field respec, and would queue for KDY and the more normal flashpoints at the same time. I'd list dps and tank as I could do either. If KDY popped, I'd stay in dps gear & stance to make the run faster, but group finder would always list my role as tank.

Edited by cxten

I seem to just attract them....

Czerka Core Meltdown HM. I'm on my Scoundrel!Healer and I get a Tank!Guardian, DPS!Guardian, and DPS!Vanguard. Their gears looks alright so I dare to hope at the start.

Get to Duneclaw and the tank takes two of the beast's smashes to get to the first generator. That's fine, I can handle that. But then the next nearly immediately goes off and since the Tank hadn't been moving Dune back to the centre, we miss it again, and go down.

Now this is where it gets weird.

DPS!Vanguard: "[My character's name], you need to get to the green tower."

Healer!Me: ".... why me?"

DPS!Vanguard: "The whole party takes damage until you do."

Tank!Guardian: "Everyone does :)"

DPS!Vanguard: "Because the rest of us where already there :-). You were the only one left."

Healer!Me: "[Explaination of Tank needs to get Dune there and that during smash if people stack they take extra AOE damage from it]"

DPS!Vanguard: "Let the Tank turn him away. If you do not move to the tower, it is a wipe." (guess he must've through it was a frontal attack)

Healer!Me: "Ummm that was cause the boss wasn't at the generator."

We hit it again and though the tank takes two takes on the first generator again we get there. And just to prove my point I make sure to stand 25metres away from the generators for the entire fight.

The DPS!Vanguard also constantly failed to move out of the final boss' spin attack so I eventually just ignored him and healed the others. Don't worry, I revived him after the fight :p

Yesterday, I grouped with two guildies for KDY. We were 2 Powetechs and 1 Sniper.

The fourth one was a Juggernaut, queued as DPS, but in tank stance (I know it doesn't matter for KDY, but still, to be queued as DPS you have to untick tank). Anyway, he said: I seem to be the only melee class here. That was a bit weird, since Powertechs are most efficient in melee range.

However, what was really weird was, when he was almost down he wouldn't self heal after a battle. All of us but him used our out of combat regeneration. When we attacked another group, he died. One of us asked him why he didn't heal himself. The Juggernaut asked why we didn't heal him. We told him there was no healer here. When he pulled additional groups (and of course died leaving us to deal with his enemies) we decided to vote kick him, because it was already late and we didn't want to carry him through the flash point while he tried to get us killed.

Cademimu Soft Mode:

Jugg tank, PT dps (me), sorc dps, merc healer.

Juggernaut or sorc pushed champion down near the first long elevator ride and it bugged out. We spent like 1/3 FP just barely fighting anything and healer took a lot of damage from that one champion we could not kill. Sorc pulls about 1/2 of every group in FP, sometimes not even waiting for us. We didn't die apart from few times caused by tank and healer failing at last boss fight. I was at the upper end of level range (I was level 32) and everyone else was in lower end of level range so I was a bit surprised that we didn't wipe multiple times because of sorc.

Queued on my DPS Sorc for a flash point, got Mandalorian Raiders SM. Zoned in, immediately left again because I had forgotten to get my newer armorings from my mail. Came back, healer left without a notice. I asked them to requeue and left the flash point again to get field respec in order to respec to heals. As no replacement could have been found I asked them (Jugger, Powertech) to get a DPS companion (as it was wasted potential without a fourth group member). No one reacted... after repeated requests, the Jugger finally summoned Vette and I thanked him. He then switched out Vette for Quinn. I asked him to get Vette again, I wanted to get the flash point done and I was healing anyway, so a DPS companion was surely more preferable. I gave him plenty of time to comply, but he just pressed on, so I left group. The flash point wasn't important enough to me to talk to walls... (if there was any reason to choose Quinn over Vette, he could have named it - I see none). Also, I admit, I wasn't very patient that day, but while I am not a very talkative person myself, you could at least answer when being talked to...

KDY, on the same Sorc... I asked the group not to secure the hangar until having killed the champ. The tank stated I should lead the way, but as the champ was not on our side of the ramp, I said: we're fine as long as no one clicks a terminal. Well, of course someone clicked it (the second DPS)... I told them the bonus quest would vanish if they did this, why won't some people listen?