The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Days before I also got another wonderful Commando who's in PARTISAN PvP gear. Healer too. I was on my Sage, DPS tree but later respec'd to heals and the mando respec to DPS. "What is a DPS?" WOW LOL. But this guy is better than the Commando above cause he did what we explained him to do.

Partisan gear is more than enough for HM FPs. I healed for the new SM OPs in partisan and some 61/63/69 gear. People even beat HM TFB/SnV in conqueror gear.

Hmm an in game friend levelled a L55 trooper and put his full DF gear on it including 78 MH and kept asking for guard in PUG L55 ops. I guess you might have been trolled ;)

I ran a 55 HM last night on a medium geared tank (couple 72s and rest 69s augmented in decent but not top notch augments) with two DPS in full 78s augmented completely. My taunts never stayed off cool down for more than a second. Made for an extremely frustrating run.

If a RANGED dps forced to use the knockback for a mob within 10m of his position it means only one thing - Tank lost aggro for this mob.

Bad tank.

Maybe, or it could be bad dps. Pulling before tank or overgeared compaired to tank and not using dump.

Now when I pull a boss doing dps one of my healers, then I can say bad tank and bad dps. :p And I have done that more than once in HMFPs lately, something I never even thought was remotely possible.

Yay! Finally have my own story to tell :) Waiting to regroup as I type this LOL :D

Ran with an awesome group for KDY. We wiped once or twice, but it was all in good fun :). Hit lv. 34 on my guardian, and decided to do one of my daily's, and got Taral V. Getting better at tanking, but I've only done this map once.

Our group took off, and for some odd reason, the healer wasn't healing us. I got mobbed by those giant cat creatures, and we wiped. I wasn't paying much attention, but apparently the healer was playing DPS :eek: We also vote kicked, but he left....

Can't say how round 2 turned out, still waiting for a new healer.

I agree with that not only from the tank perspective, but also as a melee dps. I've been running a flashpoint with my pt-dps once where the tanks and the other dps both were juggs and they kept pushing adds everywhere just when I finally got to it (having to walk the whole way, you know...). I was so annoyed that I grappled that add back just after those two super heroes jumped to it just like Irongut did - and that is something I rarely do on purpose. Yes, that push is a cool ability and I like to use it as a finisher just for the fun or for strategic purposes, but think about that poor sod that has to run the whole way just to do his job.

Are you me? I had that exact scenario happen when I was running HM Boarding Party on my Powertech (Advanced Prototype). The tank was a real knucklehead too, I was constantly having to peel mobs off the healer.

Juggernaut's have Crushing Blow which usually knocks a lot of mobs to ground. So why to even spec to it when you can use hybrid? I've heard hybrids are superior though.

Newsflash: Not all tank classes have stealth CC. Even those two classes that have can only use it to CC droids.

maximum_overtroll.bmp

Edited by venomlash

Juggernaut's have Crushing Blow which usually knocks a lot of mobs to ground. So why to even spec to it when you can use hybrid? I've heard hybrids are superior though.

Newsflash: Not all tank classes have stealth CC. Even those two classes that have can only use it to CC droids.

So if you skip mobs then you should be ready to help player who joins the group later.

Crushing Blow is in the Tank tree and it only knocks down normal and weak enemies.

The 2 Stealth classes are not all tanks.

Only Assassins/Shadows can be Tanks. Now show me how you stealth CC a droid with an Assassin/Shadow. Tooltip says:

Can not be used against droids

Operatives/Scoundrels can stealth CC everything (droids and living things).

Know what you're talking about.

Queue up to take care of a flashpoint weekly; HM LI pops. Joy.

Ohhhh, what is it with undergeared tanks and picking HM 50s to run?

Admittedly, I wouldn't be so frustrated if our tank was a fresh 50, but she was a full 55, had experience with Makeb judging by an offhanded reference to isotope droids-- but get this; she was in greens and blues from 45 - 50. The Merc healer wasn't much better, although he actually had his full set bonus and was level 50.

Our 'Sin dpser and I ended up taking turns literally tearing aggro off the tank without any meaning, and threat drop did very little to help, even using it right after her taunt. As soon as the taunt wore off, the madness sorc or the madness sin would be tanking again.

And lemme tell you-- when the healer doesn't spam their basic attack-heals as mercs are capable of (and I've run with amazing merc healers), the fights get real nasty, really quickly.

So, we wipe at least once per boss, and we don't have enough dps or heals to make it through the final boss. The tank and the healer ditch after we mention that we're having difficulties with them, and the sin doesn't requeue, figuring we can two man it. We wipe again, HK dying instantly to the aoe dots, the sin soon after, and Treek with him. He then leaves, and I call it quits rather than trying to queue up again.

A good 50k+ in repairs just isn't worth it.

The weird thing is that neither of them realized just how undergeared they were... Makes me wonder how some people clear content.

:rak_02:

Cademimu SM, on my Sorc Healer

I have no words for this.

The run starts off fine. Great actually, better than most groups I've been getting lately. DPS seems to know their priority, and we cruise along.

We take the long part at the shortcut, and one dps levels. We'll call her DPS. DPS pulls out a hutt statue to buy new skills. Then, the other dps opens their mouth. We'll call him CRAZY.

CRAZY: Why are you such a showoff. It's like you the only one with rise of hutt cartel

DPS: Uhh. I leveled? I brought out my hutt thingie to get skills, but I don't see how that's showing off.

CRAZY: nvm

DPS ends up thinking CRAZY is joking and we move on.

We finish off the groups before Xander.

CRAZY: no. don't come and get my kill at the end like you help.

CRAZY: don't do it.. see how annoying it is?

DPS jokes about how she's a good clean up crew.

Taxi ride to next area. Immediately after we finish the first large group, CRAZY initiates a votekick against DPS.

The 3 of us: "What?? why the vote?"

CRAZY: no dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anymore"

DPS gets fed up and says, "Fine. I'm out".

So DPS leaves, and then CRAZY leaves right after!! :eek:

I was stunned speechless. I whispered DPS and apologized for the situation.

Shortly after, 2 dps join. Then 1 leaves right away, but is soon replaced. So we make it to the Wookie and fight him.

We kill him, and immediately after the fight, the tank leaves!!

We fight one group with Khem before a Tank joins, and we move on. (And I check his achievements: over 19,000, the highest I've ever seen)

So.. I finish the flashpoint with an entirely new group.

The weird thing is that neither of them realized just how undergeared they were... Makes me wonder how some people clear content.

For level 50 HMs you don't need better gear than what drops in the FP. Gear requirement for level 50 HMs didn't change after Makeb was added and level cap raised.

Queue up to take care of a flashpoint weekly; HM LI pops. Joy.

Ohhhh, what is it with undergeared tanks and picking HM 50s to run?

Admittedly, I wouldn't be so frustrated if our tank was a fresh 50, but she was a full 55, had experience with Makeb judging by an offhanded reference to isotope droids-- but get this; she was in greens and blues from 45 - 50. The Merc healer wasn't much better, although he actually had his full set bonus and was level 50.

Our 'Sin dpser and I ended up taking turns literally tearing aggro off the tank without any meaning, and threat drop did very little to help, even using it right after her taunt. As soon as the taunt wore off, the madness sorc or the madness sin would be tanking again.

And lemme tell you-- when the healer doesn't spam their basic attack-heals as mercs are capable of (and I've run with amazing merc healers), the fights get real nasty, really quickly.

So, we wipe at least once per boss, and we don't have enough dps or heals to make it through the final boss. The tank and the healer ditch after we mention that we're having difficulties with them, and the sin doesn't requeue, figuring we can two man it. We wipe again, HK dying instantly to the aoe dots, the sin soon after, and Treek with him. He then leaves, and I call it quits rather than trying to queue up again.

A good 50k+ in repairs just isn't worth it.

:rak_02:

Even more funnier is that being lv55 in 50 greens and blues is actually overgeared for any lv50 HM. Lv 50 HM flashpoints used to drop tionese crystals and tionese commendations with the endboss dropping columi. This means he was barely undergeared for it. If you take into account the 5 extra levels I would argue he was overgeared for it. Don't confuse low gear with 'not enough' gear ;-)

Take in mind that LI HM got nerved into oblivion so its in line with the other lv50 fps. The only reason why its killing pugs are the mechanics. No gear in the world can fix that one.

In the story I shared the 2nd tank was lv54 with blues and greens. During bossfights I had 0 issues healing him. He also didn't died on trash anymore after I got used to him being a bit more spiky than the normally way overgeared tanks I heal.

Since your tank lost aggro like crazy I rather think there's something wrong with his rotation. I have tanked EV HM on my 48 assassintank against 72 geared dps'ers. I had close to 100% aggrotime on bosses. Just tauntfluff like crazy and he should have been fine.

Lost Island [HARD].

It only occurs to me now, that:

Before I hit the /ignore for the idiot Sent-tard who kept pulling before the tank, immediately breaking every single CC we all cast as soon as cast, and then went off to try --and fail-- to solo the next pack whilst we --courtesy of a 13k HP tank in quest-greens (yes, really)-- were busy getting murdered...

Yeah, before hitting /ignore, I really should have asked this *********** useless waste of perfectly good oxygen, flesh, and bandwidth what it's like to be, to actually exist in RL as, the living embodiment of every negative cliché/stereotype in existence about his retarded *********** stupid worthless n00b-tube-of-MMOs class?

I'm genuinely curious, but oh well --I'll just have to keep wondering I guess, because I'm certainly not un-ignoring this moron who'd cost me almost 8k creds by the time we (barely) got to the first bonus-stage clickckable.

Why are there so, so many indescribable bads in this game?

How the bloody **** do most of these idiots, idiots, idiots, idiots, IDIOTS even make it to level-cap?

Seriously, it just beggars words :mad:

Have you considered it might be a 13 year old kid? Maybe even on daddy's account?

Feel free to ignore them but take this into consideration.

Btw .... you're way way way out of line with the "useless waste of perfectly good oxygen, flesh, and bandwidth what it's like to be, to actually exist in RL as," mention. Nobody ... and I repeat NOBODY is a waste of oxygen. People who believed stuff like that are the 'lesser than nice' people in our history. I'm not going to say who I mean by that but I think you got the message. Thank you.

Have you considered it might be a 13 year old kid? Maybe even on daddy's account?

Feel free to ignore them but take this into consideration.

Btw .... you're way way way out of line with the "useless waste of perfectly good oxygen, flesh, and bandwidth what it's like to be, to actually exist in RL as," mention. Nobody ... and I repeat NOBODY is a waste of oxygen. People who believed stuff like that are the 'lesser than nice' people in our history. I'm not going to say who I mean by that but I think you got the message. Thank you.

I agree with you that midianlord went over the top in his post. I get frustrated with bads, too, but I don't wish disintegration on them (ok, well, maybe their toons, but not their corpus). I think that's a bit harsh. It's just a game, mang.

HOWEVER, I disagree that nobody is a waste of oxygen. Mussolini? Stalin? Franco? That German guy I won't mention? Papa Doc/Baby Doc Duvalier? The list does go on...

Finished levelling my 2nd scoundrel (scrapper) , running mostly KDY.

It was a painful experience, don't think I'd do it again (or probably will only for stealth classes).

Had a couple of frustrating issues (map with the 4 room and objectives, if you do it counter clockwise you'll lose the least amount of time, still people will run clockwise, or people going afk during the long intro, or people getting killed from knockbacks from droids), but a few things made me really crazy.

1 - Jail map, or trollmap

Thanks consular, commando, jedi or slinger for knockbacking and aggroing half of the fu* map. Of course, you didn't answer (or sometimes said "OK") when I asked politely not to use knockbacks. And of course seeing what you did, you will use the "headless chicken" strategy, jump to the bottom of the map and aggro all the packs you missed before + the miniboss.

Then, after dying : "what happened ?".

Seems that there's probably a guide for shadows and jedis somewhere stating : "Knockback is the core of your rotation. Use it on CD."

2 - Sentards.

Seriously. I hate lowbies sentinels now. I don't understand. I run raids with very good sentinels, but there seems to be something with low level sentinels that impedes how your brain should be working. Double aggro, breaking CC's, jumping from pack to pack without self healing, trying to solo the boss while you're explaining the strategy, name something dumb, I've experienced it.

Worst part was than even when I was paired with good sentinels, they'd suddenly turn crazy somehow in front of the final boss (solo jump it, tunnel vision and not taking care of adds, standing in the aoes and trying to facetank).

I ended up removing myself from the queue whenever there was more than 1 sentinel in my group.

3 - Ramboes.

Simple but efficient strategy I guess : never heal yourself, never wait for your party, never walk the same path they use. They run forward, aggro all they see, die, respawn and aggro another pack while you're dealing with their mess. And message me "man you're a scoundrel, offheal me" then try to votekick.

Sorry for the wall of text, I feel better now that's it out :D

Edit - Mixed up pushback and knockback

Edited by oturak

Read every single post of this lovely thread and always had stories but never knew where to start, today is that day.

Just got dropped in a lowbie Colicoid Wargames with my 42 Shadow only to be greeted with the following:

Tank: LOL IM WAY TOO OVERGEARED

DPS: LOL Want to?

Healer: Not again..

Tank: LULULUL OBLITERATE!

Voted to be kicked, reason? "Is a lame"

I was too tired to even realize what the hell just had happened so I queue up again. Got a Kuat. Yay.. At this point I just wanted the little 2 bars left to reach lvl 43 so off I go. Again, dropped half way through and I ask what happened to the last person. One of the 3 tanks say "She wasn't healing". So I didn't bother to reply and just jumped to show I'm ready, we go on and we get the Assembly scenario. I say I know the puzzle and one tank says "k, you do it". We clear both rooms and collect the access pads, but as I put in the right pieces, I see a character following me as I do so, so I look back and see the same tank that said I should do it, changing the order. I started typing that I got it and then assembly starts... Of course it was wrong but I just said "What do ya know, cat's on fire again. /salute" and quit.

At that point I was ready to go to sleep but then I saw I was missing barely 2k xp so I decided to give it another go. I get kuat again at the beginning with the Holy trinity. The tank was nice healer made sure to throw heald if needed and other dps.. It had to be someone, right? We started the prisoner scenario and I asked if I could free the all after we clear the rooms so I could get that final achievement. The healer and tank happily complied but not a word from our daring scoundrel. Anytime I sin for this achievement, it's the quiet one. We clear 1 room and run to the other but then I notice 1 less purple person on my mini map and my heart dropped. Then came the notification "1/10 prisoners free" and guess who wasnt standing by our side?

THE VANGUARD TANK

DUN DUN DUN *Lightning*

He claimed he rp's as a traitor since his original squad betrayed him and yada yada. I just replied "But... my cheevie..." and stayed quiet the rest of the run. M. Night Shamalan wouldn't have seen that shock coming I tell ya. Atleast I got my 43 :D

Had a couple of frustrating issues (map with the 4 room and objectives, if you do it counter clockwise you'll lose the least amount of time, still people will run clockwise, or people going afk during the long intro, or people getting killed from pushbacks from droids), but a few things made me really crazy.

I usually stop at the door if they start going the wrong way (clockwise). They usually get the hint and return to previous room and we start going counter-clockwise before we waste too much time. But it doesn't happen always.

Thanks consular, commando, jedi or slinger for pushbacking and aggroing half of the fu* map. Of course, you didn't answer (or sometimes said "OK") when I asked politely not to use pushbacks. And of course seeing what you did, you will use the "headless chicken" strategy, jump to the bottom of the map and aggro all the packs you missed before + the miniboss.

They use knockbacks, not pushbacks. Pushback is that freaking annoying thing to experience when you are casting something that requires a lot of time, like for example a powerful heal as Sage and you get shot at and you never seem to get that bar full because of pushbacks. No problem, happy to help with terms! :)

If this happens in the future just LoS (Line of Sight) them so that they stop at doorway ("nice group you have there") and I'm sure you guys can figure out what to do at this point. It's easy when you know what to do.

Edited by Halinalle

Thanks for the correction, I'm not a native english speaker so I mix sometimes words up.

Tried to stop. Most of the times they just continue anyway, or once i was votekicked because "not cooperating". I'm not trying anymore.

As for the packs, it's not like as a scrapper you have strong AOE's (flyby is quite weak now, and the grenade is not that strong either). Sometimes we survived with some smart CC's on the droids + burning the adds, but most of the time stealth saved me.

I think the only time I wasn't bothered with the mass aggro was when i was once paired with 3 commandos, 1 dumb one with no notion of spatial awareness (he'd aggro like crazy and just go "I didn't see them" and two good ones.

Edited by oturak

Thanks for the correction, I'm not a native english speaker so I mix sometimes words up.

Neither am I. It's just 20+ years of gaming and movies that will help a lot with learning the language. I still do some weird mistakes with word choices though. :D

As for the packs, it's not like as a scrapper you have strong AOE's (flyby is quite weak now, and the grenade is not that strong either). Sometimes we survived with some smart CC's on the droids + burning the adds, but most of the time stealth saved me.

I think the only time I wasn't bothered with the mass aggro was when i was once paired with 3 commandos, 1 dumb one with no notion of spatial awareness (he'd aggro like crazy and just go "I didn't see them" and two good ones.

Yeah, was about to add that if you only have strong single target classes in group (scoundrel, operative, shadow, assassin...) then it can be problematic. Also if champion is in that group then it's guaranteed wipe.

If you have commandos, sab gunslingers (or equivalent spec for sniper) in group then it's like stealing a candy from child (no challenge at all).

Edited by Halinalle

If you have commandos, sab gunslingers (or equivalent spec for sniper) in group then it's like stealing a candy from child (no challenge at all).

Obviously you've never tried stealing candy from a child. They can have surprisingly good grips at times.

Anyhow, ran SM HS the other day on my assassin tank. Other group members were an op dps, merc healer and marauder dps (if you can't see where this is going, you really should search this thread for marauders/sentinels). As soon as I finish loading is the marauder initiates a vote kick on the merc, reason: "bh healer." The kick fails, quickly, as both the operative and I (I assume) both realize there is no good healing at level 15. The marauder proceeds to do his thing and leaps into combat with the 2 silvers before most of us are even around the corner. I let him get beat around a bit and when it looks like he'll survive, go to help finish. He then goes and attack the next group (1 silver, 4 standard) with a similar result. Now I've figured out how this is going to go and the op and I hop into stealth before he aggros the group with 2 gold, 3ish silver and 3-4 standards, and he dies. Unfortunately he takes the bh with him. He respawns and repeats, 2 or 3 more times, with me and the op chatting about rules for tanking (you pull, you tank) and the bh hanging out at the starting point. he eventually kills the entire mob, and, as I try to initiate a vote kick, he leaps into combat. After that fight, we're able to initiate the kick and he's booted right as he 's mid leap into the next group.

Re-que, get a dps juggernaut, in tank stance. I don't think he realized he was supposed to be dps, because he didn't switch stances, so, since I'm rather squishy still, I switch to dps and we finish the fp without an issue.

I agree with you that midianlord went over the top in his post. I get frustrated with bads, too, but I don't wish disintegration on them (ok, well, maybe their toons, but not their corpus). I think that's a bit harsh. It's just a game, mang.

HOWEVER, I disagree that nobody is a waste of oxygen. Mussolini? Stalin? Franco? That German guy I won't mention? Papa Doc/Baby Doc Duvalier? The list does go on...

Yeah, OK, OK, I admit it, I flew off the handle more than a little. I was MADBRO, as the wipefest had just happened a few minutes before.

But dude, I never said that I wished disintegration on them.

Oh, just as an aside --Irony:

PvP in SW: tOR carries little to no penalty on death (except maybe having to run back to where you were, boo-hoo).

PvE in SW: tOR penalty-on-death can get really expensive, really quickly.

Am I the only one who finds this strange?

Edited by midianlord

KDY, group of 3 weird people and me.

- "I don't care about these weak enemies, this elite dies now"

- "that 'mando is trying to use Mortar Volley... Can't... resist... must... use... knockback"

- "CC'd mob! Can't... resist... must... break... CC" (Hangar scenario, 2 elite force users)

Yes, that was all in one and same run.

Edited by Halinalle

PvP in SW: tOR carries little to no penalty on death (except maybe having to run back to where you were, boo-hoo).

PvE in SW: tOR penalty-on-death can get really expensive, really quickly.

Am I the only one who finds this strange?

Eh, it makes sense. PvE uses death and repair costs to add consequences for failure. Death in PvE is in most cases avoidable (Evening if avoiding it sometimes means, "Find another group")

Death in PvP is frequent, inevitable, and has inherent consequences in most cases due to the enemy being able to take advantage of your absence in a warzone, or they'll continue camping/stop you from camping a critical area. So, repair costs aren't necessary