The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

KDY is somewhat of an interesting situation, even more so than Czerka at 55. Any competent DPS can pretty much solo the mobs. It's not unusual to be in groups where people split up somewhat to clear different groups at once, such as getting the mobs in front of more than one section of the cells at a time, blowing the warheads, etc. It can also be hard for lower level tanks to hold aggro.

Regardless, that sage was horribad. With one tank and three DPS, even if she was queued as heals, those encounters shouldn't be a problem. Clearly she's run it before, so why she doesn't know how to handle them without wiping I don't know.

If you are having trouble, though, use your attacks that knock down/stun enemies, and make sure you're going from weakest to strongest. The only real pain in KDY is certain final bosses who just take time to whittle down.

A couple months ago I was in que for level 50 Black Talon hardmode with my lvl 55 jugg. I queue for tank, and I am in within virtually no time at all with 3 lvl 50's. Apparently my gear is inspected and I'm reprimanded for queuing as a tank because I am in virtually all pvp dps gear with the exception of a shield, and for a strength/power stim over an endurance/defense stim. I thought he was messing with me and I just laughed it off. Not long after I am kicked from the group. I was utterly astonished and I was laughing for several minutes. Just a few days prior I cleared the whole thing single-handedly with ease. I decided to queue merely for the social points lol. Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

Fun in Directive 7 HM

Our tank, shadow had clearly no clue about tanking. And just to make things even worse he had at least strength and aim on his gear.

And commando DPS. Nothing wrong with his gear but he propably tought calling us with our names was too slow because he called everybody babies. I was "healer baby" tank was "tank baby"

I said him we are not babies, well I never expected him to believe, and guardian dps wrote something about him not being baby too but commando didn't change his ways.

We somehow managed it trough guardian swapping to tank:D

For the first time ever I join a mid-level flashpoint and get Red Reaper. I'm on my lvl 45 sage healer and the team consists of a vanguard tank from a recognizable guild, a no-guild gunslinger dressed like a Sith and a guardian from a russian guild I have bad experiences with.

As we make our way through the FP, everyone needs and greeds accordingly, no one is pulling crazy sh*t. We get to the final boss and kill him. Both drops are Willpower-based: a lightsaber and a skirt. The saber in particular is a vast improvement over the one I'm currently wielding. The vanguard and the slinger have already greeded and are leaving the instance. I need on both and...

"The master looter is deciding..."

The guardian was assigned as leader and he secretly switched to master looter while the team was fighting. He then ninjas both drops, ignores my question as to why he'd do such a thing and leaves. :rolleyes: Serves me right for not listening to my gut-feeling upon seeing his guild name.

He's promptly introduced to my /ignore and I inform my guild of his name and the name of his guild. Then I inform Fleet /1 of the same and get several thank you's from players.

The fight with the prototype droids went ok but then there isn't any trick to it. I was a little concerned about them all standing in the blue aura from the shielded droid, turns out it doesn't do anything but I've always avoided it myself.

You are meant to stand in it. If you do not the holographed droid will lob spirals of energy at you, but they don't do much damage.

He's a tank, on the tank tree, wearing purple gear (we're in our 30's and we only PvE) and his damage reduction is something like 75%.

Somehow I doubt that =D

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

For the first time ever I join a mid-level flashpoint and get Red Reaper. I'm on my lvl 45 sage healer and the team consists of a vanguard tank from a recognizable guild, a no-guild gunslinger dressed like a Sith and a guardian from a russian guild I have bad experiences with.

As we make our way through the FP, everyone needs and greeds accordingly, no one is pulling crazy sh*t. We get to the final boss and kill him. Both drops are Willpower-based: a lightsaber and a skirt. The saber in particular is a vast improvement over the one I'm currently wielding. The vanguard and the slinger have already greeded and are leaving the instance. I need on both and...

"The master looter is deciding..."

The guardian was assigned as leader and he secretly switched to master looter while the team was fighting. He then ninjas both drops, ignores my question as to why he'd do such a thing and leaves. :rolleyes: Serves me right for not listening to my gut-feeling upon seeing his guild name.

He's promptly introduced to my /ignore and I inform my guild of his name and the name of his guild. Then I inform Fleet /1 of the same and get several thank you's from players.

You can't change the loot rules during a fight. That guardian must have done it just before the final boss. You should have been paying attention and vote kicked him.

By the way, I've also had an experience with a russian guild and that master looter BS. Do you happen to be on the Red Eclipe server ?

Edited by Feneckus

The first guy whispers me and says sorry, he didn't mean to, blah blah blah. /ignored and went on with my day.

I don't understand people.

He whispers an apology to you, admits his mistake, and you STILL /ignore him?

I'd say "not understanding people" is an accurate self-assessment.

A couple months ago I was in que for level 50 Black Talon hardmode with my lvl 55 jugg. I queue for tank, and I am in within virtually no time at all with 3 lvl 50's. Apparently my gear is inspected and I'm reprimanded for queuing as a tank because I am in virtually all pvp dps gear with the exception of a shield, and for a strength/power stim over an endurance/defense stim. I thought he was messing with me and I just laughed it off. Not long after I am kicked from the group. I was utterly astonished and I was laughing for several minutes. Just a few days prior I cleared the whole thing single-handedly with ease. I decided to queue merely for the social points lol.

So... You are pvp dps who queued as a tank, just to collect social points, and they still kicked you?

Damn, those people are really rude...

I say my hello, get in position at the entrance to pull the roving droid. What happens next, blows me away -

Mara : Tank- Da *** with your gear man? too busy runnin weeklies and getitng wellfare gear?

Me: Come Again?

Merc: What's wrong with his gear?

Healer: Nothing, His stats are right - A LOT better than what I expect from tanks in GF queue.

Mara: PFFT!! Yo Healz Baby! Stick with me, screw the tank, he ain gonna last 10s secs with the **** he's got on.

That is truly horrible. It's players like that who put people off queuing as tanks, and discourage new people from doing group content at all.

You can't change the loot rules during a fight. That guardian must have done it just before the final boss. You should have been paying attention and vote kicked him.

I guess I was too busy looking around because, as I said, it was my first time doing that particular FP. What the tank and other dps were doing that prevented them from noticing... I really couldn't say. The guy must have changed loot rules while there was a lot of message spam in the chat. You know - the drops assignements text flood. It's easy to miss if you're not looking for it and basically no one's looking for it because everyone clicks need/greed and runs off towards the next group.

By the way, I've also had an experience with a russian guild and that master looter BS. Do you happen to be on the Red Eclipe server ?

Yes, I am on the Red Eclipse. Two russian guilds to avoid have single word names. One starts with "F" and the one with "E". The ninja in question was from the "E" one.

I've already started randomly adding their members to my ignore lists. Much like I did with an italian guild a few months ago. :D

That is truly horrible. It's players like that who put people off queuing as tanks, and discourage new people from doing group content at all.

I know right? ... I used to tank HM FP PUGs a lot in the past. I hardly ever anymore. I hardly even queue up in GF anymore, for that matter, unless it's a guild run. I'll let you guess why. LOL.

But really though... If that inane gibberish flowed out in group chat...

I say my hello, get in position at the entrance to pull the roving droid. What happens next, blows me away -

Mara : Tank- Da **** with your gear man? too busy runnin weeklies and getitng wellfare gear?

Me: Come Again?

Merc: What's wrong with his gear?

Healer: Nothing, His stats are right - A LOT better than what I expect from tanks in GF queue.

Mara: PFFT!! Yo Healz Baby! Stick wit me, screw tha tank, he ain gonna last 10s secs with the **** he got on.

Following that, he charges ahead, pulls the droid. .....

At that point, I would've immediately dropped group. Like, what did I just read? Yeaaahhh-ha-ha...no. There is no way I'm enduring any further stupidity and ignorance from some 75 IQ donkey running his lips off - acting all tough like 'da thug life chose him' nonsense. Fortunately, coming across such degenerates are fairly uncommon, since most of them can't even turn on a computer.

Other than that rage-worthy recitation, the rest of the post was replete with anecdotes of humorous recollect -- especially this part:

... Mara leaps in. By this time, I had enough, I backed myself into the a corner, and just stood there. Merc asks why am I just standing there and not taking aggro from Boss while healer I can see is dropping everything she can to keep the mara alive, thinking I will shrug it off as I have been and jump in. I calmly respond to the Merc - "I am learning how to tank from the Mara, can't learn unless I observe, so I am observing."
ROFLMFAO. And everything after that worked out better than expected. :) Edited by PifferPuff

Considering a VG in full 78s gets around 52% that sounds very broken.

It is. I'm not sure if it's just the stat sheet that's broken during bolster or if it's the actual DR under bolster that is broken, but see here for my analysis of this.

Basically, what happens is that it uses the level you're at to compute the DR coming from armor, but it plugs in the bolstered armor value. This gives you insanely high armor DR at low levels.

Edited by cxten

I might not have if he hadn't been a jerk in the first place; even his apology didn't seem very apologetic, or again, I might not have /ignore'd.

I was leveling a sin tank during 2x XP. If I tried to get agro on a target this marauder would instantly switch to another target like it was his job. When I asked him to," please stay on my target" so I wasn't constantly chasing threat the dude says "S.T.F.U.". After the 3rd wipe I quit the FP and explained to the guy why he was wiping the group then I blocked him. I don't need to get angry while I'm trying to have fun. This guy switches to another character and starts whispering me for help. When I don't answer he whispers me with a big nasty message telling me how much I suck and that I don't have any achievements. Funny, I've been a paid subscriber since launch, I have 10 characters, 7 of which are 55s, my achievements for that particular FP are at %100, and I've defeated all of the HM content except The Dread Council. Of corse, this dude blames the tank for losing threat when he's running all over the place attacking every F'n target he can, including CC'd targets.

Threat management is not just the tank's responsibility. It's on the DPS to not grab threat. It's also their responsibility to drop threat and/or stop attacking if there's someone on them.

TAKE HEED NOOBS. :rolleyes:

Glad someone else picked up on that , they might have been upset and not realised that they where doing it all wrong. Seemed really harsh to / ignore them for appologising indeed.

NVM they have given their reasons a few posts above.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

I was leveling a sin tank during 2x XP. If I tried to get agro on a target this marauder would instantly switch to another target like it was his job. When I asked him to," please stay on my target" so I wasn't constantly chasing threat the dude says "S.T.F.U.". After the 3rd wipe I quit the FP and explained to the guy why he was wiping the group then I blocked him. I don't need to get angry while I'm trying to have fun. This guy switches to another character and starts whispering me for help. When I don't answer he whispers me with a big nasty message telling me how much I suck and that I don't have any achievements. Funny, I've been a paid subscriber since launch, I have 10 characters, 7 of which are 55s, my achievements for that particular FP are at %100, and I've defeated all of the HM content except The Dread Council. Of corse, this dude blames the tank for losing threat when he's running all over the place attacking every F'n target he can, including CC'd targets.

Threat management is not just the tank's responsibility. It's on the DPS to not grab threat. It's also their responsibility to drop threat and/or stop attacking if there's someone on them.

TAKE HEED NOOBS. :rolleyes:

Wait a minute here, first this guy gets you wiped, swears at you whilst trying to avoid responsibility for doing so, and then tries to beg you for help?

/Me shudders...

That's just...

Boody Hell, that just beggars words. Have these people no shame, at all?

No, seriously: What the f is wrong with some people in this community?

Wait a minute here, first this guy gets you wiped, swears at you whilst trying to avoid responsibility for doing so, and then tries to beg you for help?

/Me shudders...

That's just...

Boody Hell, that just beggars words. Have these people no shame, at all?

No, seriously: What the f is wrong with some people in this community?

It was probably a ploy to get him in a group and grief him in it, get him angry, berate him in front of other players, and/or ninja loot just to rub it in his face. I'm not sure if it's passive-aggressive, as it seems active, but it still shows a level of mental illness in that other player.

Back to fun FP stories!

This time, KDY on my 25 healy Sage. Had a 50 healer scoundrel in group, Sage DPS, and Sentinel. I say in chat that I will DPS, as I'm low and the 50 has more tools at his disposal. So first pull, and the DPS almost goes down. Next pull same thing. The scoundrel didn't heal, except for a few Diagnostic Scan and Kolto Pack here and there. After the other Sage died, she typed in chat "I thought we had healers?". I stated I was DPSing, but started throwing occasional heals after that fiasco. Watching the scoundrel, I noticed that he 1) wasn't using Slow Release MedPack on anyone, 2) only using DS and the occasional KP, no other healing ability at all, 3) had Accuracy and Defense in his gear, and 4) was using cover & DPSing from range. I main a Sawbones, so watching this guy made me want to punch a gizka. I'm not god's gift to heals or anything close to being great, but this guy did absolute minimum to not cause a wipe (i.e. your party sat at less than 15% health for the duration of a fight, including yourself). Instead of telling him to straighten up and heal right or by gum I will turn this whole FP around, I whispered him things like "use SRMP, it will help keep up stacks of Upper Hand" or "DS is good for energy regen, but not when someone is low on health". To his credit, he did take heed. He stuck one SRMP on whoever was lowest health. :( Then on Modo, he spams the Kolto Stations, when people are already at full health. As soon as the station was ready, he hit it, regardless of everyone's health. :rolleyes:

Don't get into much of these situations except when I was a lowbie and had no clue on the roles in a group so I queued as a tank specced in the deception tree with surging charge.(assassin). Well I learnt my lesson after thAt

This time, KDY on my 25 healy Sage. Had a 50 healer scoundrel in group, Sage DPS, and Sentinel. I say in chat that I will DPS, as I'm low and the 50 has more tools at his disposal. So first pull, and the DPS almost goes down. Next pull same thing.

Again, healer isn't required. If you have healer (who is spec'd to healing) in group it sure helps but nothing more. Only way to die in KDY is someone doing something very stupid, for example, trying to solo everything and when close to dying running back to others... chased by 20 mobs.

It only minimizes downtime between fights. Everyone should learn to regen health between fights so healers should stop healing between fights.

Edited by Halinalle

Again, healer isn't required. If you have healer (who is spec'd to healing) in group it sure helps but nothing more. Only way to die in KDY is someone doing something very stupid, for example, trying to solo everything and when close to dying running back to others... chased by 20 mobs.

It only minimizes downtime between fights. Everyone should learn to regen health between fights so healers should stop healing between fights.

Well, stupid is a large category. There are plenty of ways to die stupidly, we're categorizing them in this thread. :p

My issues wasn't so much with the lack of healing, as much as someone specifying a role they couldn't or wouldn't fulfill. In that scenario, they queued as a healer because their AC has a heal tree. He wasn't specced for anything with healing, his gear wasn't optimized for healing, he knew schtupp-all about his class' healing abilities, and he didn't do the role he was called upon to fill to make people's lives easier. Specifying Healer, trying to jump the DPS line, for KDY is pointless. I pity groups that get him as a healer in a real FP. Besides, there's less downtime throwing a few heals than there is dying and running back in, or wiping on a boss and having to restart it.

Cademimu 55 FP.

Queued as shadow tank, instant pop. The dps dudes are not very experienced but the healer looks okay - judging from achievements. We go through the flashpoint with minor difficulties but I'm pleasantly surprised when they follow my instructions all ball up on me and the Wookie boss.

We get to the end boss and wipe. The dps dudes got a bit carried away and did not break shackles in time. Second attempt - everyone's paying a bit more attention to the shackles but I notice I'm not getting much heals. Eventually the dps dudes die to the rocket fire once more and the healer goes down as well. At that point, the boss is at some 5% with me at about 50% health. I barely manage to kill him. Cooldowns? All unavailable because I had to spend them during the fight. Why? Because there was not enough healing.

Team is resurrected, and I tell the healer he should use his bubble on the tank more often and also heal a bit more.

He tells me I need to L2P and gear myself better and then concludes I'm a noob and leaves. :cool:

What puzzled me about those statements is the fact my shadow is in full 78 gear and I've never had to use all cooldowns mid-fight before I met him. Needless to say, he was promptly ignored. :D