Why are premades hated so much?

gloy

The legitimate answer?

Because many do not accept responsibility for being a very bad player in TOR, and will not try to work with others to improve themselves and/or their winning percentage, because they believe they are the chosen one via the Force.

Truth.

Heh. +Rep

Good to have you back Pistols.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes premades obviously love doing nothing but stomping poor and defensless PUGS And your right if we introduce a forced separated pug and premade que then everything will be all happy sunshine's for us pugs, and we won't complain about anything! And lets not worry about those darned longer que times.

Lol, spoken like a true Pug. Do you not think t will help generate gr8r numbers for ranked PvP?

One clear advantage is that premades typically are on voice chat with one another while pugs have no real opportunity to communicate in real time (typing "inc # snow" can be the difference between life and death). It would even the playing field alot if the game had built in voice chat.

One clear advantage is that premades typically are on voice chat with one another while pugs have no real opportunity to communicate in real time (typing "inc # snow" can be the difference between life and death). It would even the playing field alot if the game had built in voice chat.

you do not need voice comms.

do you know what we're usually talking about in vent/ts in reg wzs? not the warzone, thats for sure.

spatial awareness. i suggest you learn what it is and acquire it. those that lack it in a video game most certainly lack it in real life, and it is something good to have in both situations.

because they notice them only when they loose, not when they win. i bet that people complaining and leaving wz when they find a premade in the other team don't leave when they find it in theirs.

and because a lot of pvp players aren't there to improve, are just in to get WH and a couple of EWH and then smash recruits to death. if your group is composed by good players you don't need a premade. but this pvp is so full of headless chicken that a premade is like a fox with the door open

do you know what we're usually talking about in vent/ts in reg wzs? not the warzone, thats for sure.

spatial awareness. i suggest you learn what it is and acquire it. those that lack it in a video game most certainly lack it in real life, and it is something good to have in both situations.

Yeah if everyone knows their roles it would be a lot better. "Mmmm I see that we have two other people at east I should probably go somewhere else", or "you know what, they have not attacked this side in a minute yet we have most of our team here I wonder if they switched sides". We rarely talk about the actual warzone as well if we are even in mumble (love jammin mah toons), and its usually "have one inc" which is what I have already typed in the ops chat.

Yeah if everyone knows their roles it would be a lot better. "Mmmm I see that we have two other people at east I should probably go somewhere else", or "you know what, they have not attacked this side in a minute yet we have most of our team here I wonder if they switched sides". We rarely talk about the actual warzone as well if we are even in mumble (love jammin mah toons), and its usually "have one inc" which is what I have already typed in the ops chat.

cycao crits the thread for 9000, allthough I do put priority on letting guildies know before typing most of the time if there are 4 of us.

I was in a PUG Huttball last night. I spent half the match camping the enemy endzone and ambushing people who spawned. I'd let some pass then jump at one or two at the end of the line, killing them over and over again. And paying attention for passes/jumps from ball carriers, or dragging enemies away as they ran in from the other side. One guy in particular called me a f*cking hacker.

We stomped that team 6-0, and nary a premade to be found. Premades are not ruining your warzones, good players are. They will ruin them regardless of whether they are premade or pug.

Premade is just a tangible scapegoat because 1 it's identifiable and 2 usually composed of good players

Edited by Arlanon

I've run pvp with my guild. What you are forgetting is that the ability to call inc as a node guard via voice chat is a huge advantage. You can easily lose 1 gcd to typing a call when you get ambushed by a stealther, and that gcd can make the difference between dying and holding the node. In many cases, a single node cap will decide the match.

I've run pvp with my guild. What you are forgetting is that the ability to call inc as a node guard via voice chat is a huge advantage. You can easily lose 1 gcd to typing a call when you get ambushed by a stealther, and that gcd can make the difference between dying and holding the node. In many cases, a single node cap will decide the match.

When I solo defend (which is quite often) I always, always have a "1 inc X" in my ops chat just waiting to hit enter.

The legitimate answer?

Because many do not accept responsibility for being a very bad player in TOR, and will not try to work with others to improve themselves and/or their winning percentage, because they believe they are the chosen one via the Force.

Truth.

No truth to this at all. I queue solo on my Shadow whenever I feel like completing my weeklies and dailies for pvp. I do well for myself almost every single match. Whether it's objectives, medals, guarding, kills, or damage, I always do well. I don't queue solo just to queue solo. I queue solo because it's how I've gotten all my War Hero/Elite War Hero gear. I would queue with a pre-made if the option presented itself. I'd actually rather queue for a ranked, but the many guilds I've been in don't really do ranked war zones. Or pre-mades for that matter.

So to say that it's bad players who don't want to work with others to improve themselves is just not truth. I imagine you can come better than that tho.

I don't like seeing pre-mades on the other side because no matter how well I play, points I get, kills I make, medals I earn, objectives I get, if the right team composition is not there, if there is no communication, if people get mad an rage quit, we are going to lose. That's just the way it is. I play tho because I know that no matter what happens I will do well.

I find that, when I am doing solo WZs, people complain about the other team being premade when they are getting their butts handed to them...but when I look at all the guild tags of the other team there aren't any people from the same guild. People just assume it's premade when they are getting owned a lot of the time...

Also, I have found that when I am solo queuing I lose more matches when queued with a premade on my team than without. In short... Premade does not equal a win!

You can easily lose 1 gcd to typing a call when you get ambushed by a stealther, and that gcd can make the difference between dying and holding the node.

I'm a slow typer and I don't use preset calls in ops chat. It shouldn't take anymore than .03 seconds to type "1w". If you get ganked by a stealther you get 4 seconds of stun to type.

I think the biggest obstacle (from my pug perspective) isn't gear or skill, it's lack of familiarity with teammates and their tendency's.

Cuz solo pug players just wanna equal (= random) chances for team composition (i.e. skill, class, gear) for both sides, for real pvp competitive game.

If they faced premade, they dont get nothing from that.

Exactly. By queueing solo you risk getting team with no healers, or very bad players, but it's also true for other team. It sucks, but it's outside of anyone control. Assuming entirely random dustribution of players, you still have 50% chance to win. That is theoretical 'perfect' scenario, with everyone playing against people of equal skill/gear and achieving 50% win ratio.

People that queue as groups have significantly reduced 'random' part of their team. Assuming most people doing premades are skilled above average and that their team composition is good, chances for this team winning are way better. This also means that average solo queueer has only 33% chance to be on winning team, so majority of time pugs are losing, and only reason for 'excessive' loses for average pug is being faced against premade. In reality, it's much more complex than that, but from purely statistical point of view premades decrease winrate of pug players.

There is nothing anyone can do about pug skill, but BW could make sure that each match has same amount of premades of same size. Bad premades would doom their teammates, but chance for pugger to be on winning team would return to 50%.

Cuz solo pug players just wanna equal (= random) chances for team composition (i.e. skill, class, gear) for both sides, for real pvp competitive game.

If they faced premade, they dont get nothing from that.

So leave soon after it starts. No one will blame you for it. Playing a full match with a team littered with bads against a good premade is a waste of my time, and will do nothing more that hack me off for the entire evening.

If you decide to stick it out, wait 5-10 minutes before q'ing again to avoid your team of baddies and the premade that you just played with.

Playing IMP side on JC is rough, and certain things have to be done to mitigate stress.

Edited by _Pryor_

Exactly. By queueing solo you risk getting team with no healers, or very bad players, but it's also true for other team. It sucks, but it's outside of anyone control. Assuming entirely random dustribution of players, you still have 50% chance to win. That is theoretical 'perfect' scenario, with everyone playing against people of equal skill/gear and achieving 50% win ratio.

People that queue as groups have significantly reduced 'random' part of their team. Assuming most people doing premades are skilled above average and that their team composition is good, chances for this team winning are way better. This also means that average solo queueer has only 33% chance to be on winning team, so majority of time pugs are losing, and only reason for 'excessive' loses for average pug is being faced against premade. In reality, it's much more complex than that, but from purely statistical point of view premades decrease winrate of pug players.

There is nothing anyone can do about pug skill, but BW could make sure that each match has same amount of premades of same size. Bad premades would doom their teammates, but chance for pugger to be on winning team would return to 50%.

Your calculations don't account for a premade fighting another premade, with pugs on both sides, which happens pretty frequently, since the easies way to fill up a team is to start with 4 people and find 4 more. Things that don't really help if you are a pug solo queuing is a) Not being stealth, since if you're loosing badly the enemy team can see you and kill you. b) Not being a healer, because that lowers the chance that your team will have a healer by 12.5% and c) Being a commando.... because you're a commando.

So leave soon after it starts. No one will blame you for it. Playing a full match with a team littered with bads against a good premade is a waste of my time, and will do nothing more that hack me off for the entire evening.

If you decide to stick it out, wait 5-10 minutes before q'ing again to avoid your team of baddies and the premade that you just played with.

Playing IMP side on JC is rough, and certain things have to be done to mitigate stress level.

Here are plenty other threads about leavers and reasons to do it.

If you join to wz and see bad geared players in your team, what are you doing? In case solo only pug you can meet same bad geared team and both teams will have equal chances, and you stay play and fighting for win. You are dont want leave, cuz chances meet bads equal on both sides, and you make efforts for win.

But if you meet good premade (when your other team bad), there is no chances to win and no idea to play. Its sadly and it is not competitive game.

Edited by TonyDragonflame