Why are premades hated so much?

gloy

90% of the time, I pug and I don't really mind premades IF they are trying to win efficiently.

Last night, I joined a premade myself and we got huttball.

5 mins later it was 5:0 in our favor and the warzone should have been over.

But one guy says "don't score, lets farm them!"

So, for the next 5 minutes the warzone deteriorated into a DM-style pug slaughter.

Finally I was disgusted enough to score and end it, which prompted my teammates to yell at me.

Getting steamrolled by a superior team isn't nice, but an acceptable part of the game.

Getting unnecessarily humiliated for the maximum duration of the warzone is what's really hated.

Unfortunately, there will always be people who enjoy inflicting misery on others, hence pug and premade queues should be separated.

that might have been me that said don't score lets farm them. i lvl up through wz's and ending it 5 minutes early would be a big hit on the exp maybe even a loss of 10-15k exp. the other team would get more medals too so i don't know whats wrong with it. yes i know you would say lets move on to the next wz... since q pops are random as h3ll it might be instant or it could be 20 minutes. already in the wz might as well get more exp.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to select few long winded posters here, what you describe does not exist, and is a myth perpetuated by skill-less noobs.

No.

The ubiquitous min/maxed EWH kill-squads who rampage through the Regular War Zone Queue incessantly day in and day out farming innocent PUG groups and making PVP impossible is a myth.

Two concepts you never quite grasped well; Frequency and Significance.

No one has ever claimed these groups do not exist; the argument is that the Elite Groups are, by their very nature, fundamentally different than most pick-up Grouped Teams and represent a minority of the "Premade" community.

The vast majority of the Premades on The Shadowlands for instance are usually multi-Guild groupings of above average players using whatever classes and combinations they happen to have at the moment. They are hardly the elite, balanced, min/maxed groupings you and people like you so love to demagogue.

People love to conflate a highly varied community ranging from Grouped-Puggers to Ranked-Ready teams under the title "Premade" so they can grind personal vendettas against people they blame for their difficulties.

At the end of the day I would argue your average Premade is little more than a group of veteran players in some mix of War Hero gear who, if they have Voice Chat, use it mostly to make fun of each other...

...in short, the devil incarnate and source of all PVP woes...(other than Smash and B-Stun that is) :rolleyes:

that might have been me that said don't score lets farm them. i lvl up through wz's and ending it 5 minutes early would be a big hit on the exp maybe even a loss of 10-15k exp. the other team would get more medals too so i don't know whats wrong with it. yes i know you would say lets move on to the next wz... since q pops are random as h3ll it might be instant or it could be 20 minutes. already in the wz might as well get more exp.

this post is so full of crap, I don't even know where to begin.

• xp + rewards from winning matches far exceeds xp gains from individual kills.
  • thus, getting into a new game faster = more xp.
  • no Q pop takes 20 minutes outside of the very wee hours of the morning/night. and lowbies pop even more frequently than 50s.

lastly, why would you want to increase your leveling speed if you only use WZs? the whole POINT of exclusively leveling through WZs is to stack comms, garner more medpacs/adrenals, and hoard them for all your toons (or make bank selling them to people on GTN). leveling in this game is ridiculously fast and easy to begin with...even through WZs...even w/o any xp buffs.

this post is so full of crap, I don't even know where to begin.

• xp + rewards from winning matches far exceeds xp gains from individual kills.
  • thus, getting into a new game faster = more xp.
  • no Q pop takes 20 minutes outside of the very wee hours of the morning/night. and lowbies pop even more frequently than 50s.

lastly, why would you want to increase your leveling speed if you only use WZs? the whole POINT of exclusively leveling through WZs is to stack comms, garner more medpacs/adrenals, and hoard them for all your toons (or make bank selling them to people on GTN). leveling in this game is ridiculously fast and easy to begin with...even through WZs...even w/o any xp buffs.

you obviously don't know what you are talking about. i get more exp when i have a full match than when we blaze through and score 6 times. you are assuming that the q will pop instantly when you leave the match... that is wrong. why would u want to end the warzone fast when it will guarantee more exp?

Edited by Slicktime

Generally when I get into a pvp match with a pre-made on the other side, I see people just giving up and not even trying. While I am trying to actually be competitive and at least try to get some achievements/make a difference, my teammates are just laughing at me for even trying as if its a total lost cause. Now I have played against pre-mades where people actually worked together and called out incomings, and targeted the healers like mad and THAT"s how we won most of the time unless they are all insanely geared to the max.