Warning on high population servers

StephenReid

See, I don't mind moving to another server. I would prefer going to an almost empty server. The problem is I have friends on my server that I've met in game. I have a level 19, not high, but several several hours of gameplay. I don't WANT to start over, but waiting over an hour just to play a game I've waited almost 3 years for is ridiculous.

I'm tired of waiting, Bioware.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well sure qeues are annoying as hell and not really acceptable past the 1st few days.

But what is DRIVING ME INSANE is that Taris is messed up. My main got into a quest hub, frame rate dropped to 1-2 per min. AND I CAN'T EVEN quicktravel back to the spaceport to GET OFF THAT FORSAKEN PLANET before the client crashes. It was very bad on Taris all day, but usually relogging fixed it ... at least enough to quicktravel to the spaceport/ garrison.

so now I am in my 5TH QEUE after 4 client crashes.

I really enjoy playing this game - when it actually works - but this aggravation needs to be FIXED ASAP. Not paying to be massively annoyed every day.

That is what work is for ... and there we get paid.... hmm maybe charge Bioware an hourly rate for qeue time ...

Also remember Bioware ... we are SITH ... we are QUICK TO ANGER

OK people. It's a launch. It is a launch that BW is aggressively controling. Months ago, everyone on these forums was talking about how they expected this sort of thing (server queues, minor bugs)....we knew there would be issues. If you are really angry, I urge you to go back to WoW. Tank you, Come Again!

Patience!

Yeah, just gotta wait till enough people quit the game out of frustration to get the queues lower... Just takes a little time is all... Patience!

A number of other servers have queues well beyond the fifteen minute mark. But even a five minute wait is unacceptable, considering all the server stress testing Bioware has done and the vast amount of available data from other games. The way they're handling this, shows complete incompetence. But I guess all could be "forgiven" if not for the horribly disrespectful company statements, such as: "Just gent bent and re-roll on another server."

I mean really? For a game that puts so much stress on "your very own Star Wars character", this total disdain for customers' effort into their character is atrocious.

Bioware it is YOUR fault, not mine or any of the players who ordered your game on good faith. Don't tell us to re-roll and shut up.

FFS, all you whiners QQing about your guild being placed on a full server or any other little thing, just take the game back and get the hell out of here.

It will be good for you as you don't have to wait or play something that makes you angry and it will be good for us who stay and are enjoying it because queue times will be down.

So things aren't exactly how you want them. Live with it and **** or get the heck out.

They obviously know there are issues which is what prompted this thread. So they didn't think everything out or made some bad decisions early on. Get over it.

I can't stand this freaking entitlement generation. You bought a game. You play by their rules. If you don't like them, return it. Power of consumer.

FFS, all you whiners QQing about your guild being placed on a full server or any other little thing, just take the game back and get the hell out of here.

It will be good for you as you don't have to wait or play something that makes you angry and it will be good for us who stay and are enjoying it because queue times will be down.

So things aren't exactly how you want them. Live with it and **** or get the heck out.

They obviously know there are issues which is what prompted this thread. So they didn't think everything out or made some bad decisions early on. Get over it.

I can't stand this freaking entitlement generation. You bought a game. You play by their rules. If you don't like them, return it. Power of consumer.

Yo, twerplinger ... you said ... YOU BOUGHT A GAME ... that means I spend money on a product and I expect that it delivers as promised ... that is how it works in free market societies ... In Former Eastern Block countries you HAD TO PLAY BY THEIR RULES ... Hint: we're not there

What about the freaking guilds that are already on servers with Queue's. How about letting us move to a low pop server. Threats like be prepared to be in a queue. How about you stop letting people start on high pop servers. What is the problem here? If you want people to spend money and play then fix it. i personally am not even going to play until the weekend, because it is a complete waste of time. yeah other games have had queues, but that was years ago.

I cant believe the short list of servers found here.

Here I am, on the forums after getting disconnected on Mind Trick, while waiting in a queue of 700+

This server isnt even on your list and there are many others that arent as well that clearly have long wait times.

What happened here Bioware? I finally get the time to play and cant. Thats bad service.

Why would I pay for this service that I cant even use?

I cant think of other services that do this. What is your justification for this Bioware?

If it is in the name of quality service, then I ask you. For whom? Clearly not for me. You just want my money and you have made that apparent.

Yo, twerplinger ... you said ... YOU BOUGHT A GAME ... that means I spend money on a product and I expect that it delivers as promised ... that is how it works in free market societies ... In Former Eastern Block countries you HAD TO PLAY BY THEIR RULES ... Hint: we're not there

LOL. You need to learn more about free market. You are free to return the game if you don't like what they sold you. You weren't forced to buy it. You aren't forced to keep it. In your opinion, and let me stress YOUR OPINION, the game isn't living up to your expectations. You have a choice to return it.

What you are really ************ about is your frustration of having the game you have been waiting for for a long time and now that it has arrived it isn't perfect. Welcome to the real world.

Isn't that the issue? Playing by their rules means either sitting in hour long queues to play or constantly switching to low pop servers due to pops increasing over time because of new players trying to login too?

I want to marry you and have your babies !!! here here...

Bioware doesn't have a transfer mechanism in place? Ugh. Couldn't you get out of the closet occasionally and observe the way other MMORPGs handled their server populations? When the databases were initially developed this should have been the first thing to consider, ease of transfer.

Not suprising, since commendation loot can be vendored and CANNOT be sold back to the commendation vendor for the tokens -- which is a complete nightmare sometimes.

Despite not wanting to be WoW you should at least learn from their trials and errors.

Sorry but i just don't want to hear re roll on another server. THAT IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE ANSWER AT ALL. Cap high capacity servers to new players period and significantly raise server caps so there are NO MORE DARN QUES ON SERVERS!!!!!.

in time all of your servers will be a ghost town cause seriously your game wont be that long legged for every single first buy player.

Its time you stop wasting our time with a paid to play game and let all those players in to the game and not have a que system. That you even tested a que system in beta is a real disgrace here. You knew this would be a HUGE issue and yet you selected to implement a system that is utter a waste of my time LITERALLY.

Again cap new entrances to servers that are high capacity such that any server over a 15 minute to 20 minute que will fall in that catagory, so a 60min que which I am currently sitting in does not exsist. AND RAISE MAXIMUM PEOPLE ON SERVER.

Whats even more sad to know is that the damn game is instanced so you will never have a zone or planet overloaded cause if you designed your game proper it knows when to make new instances. On top of that even in game now you barely see enough people to actually get PUGs going usually and this is on a 60 minute and more que server? BS

LOL. You need to learn more about free market. You are free to return the game if you don't like what they sold you. You weren't forced to buy it. You aren't forced to keep it. In your opinion, and let me stress YOUR OPINION, the game isn't living up to your expectations. You have a choice to return it.

What you are really ************ about is your frustration of having the game you have been waiting for for a long time and now that it has arrived it isn't perfect. Welcome to the real world.

I think most of us are happy with the game once we actually get to enjoy what we paid for. I played the crap out of the beta, even with all the problems. I love this game. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a while. Someone of us simply don't want to pay for a game we have to wait 45 minutes to an hour just to get INTO, when we work 50 hours a week and have other responsibilities. I'd like to be able to hop in after I get off work, play a few hours, and then go to bed.

I believe BW will fix it, but after queues on pre launch early access, and not really having a solid game plan on what to do before actual launch day kinda bums me out. It wasn't just going to solve itself when retail launch day came.

You put my guild on Harbinger. I don't fault EA/Bioware for the Oceanic community choosing to use Harbinger as their PvE server. However, it has led to a situation where I have to make some choices which are not fair. To wit:

1) Do I abandon the character I started on the Harbinger, losing all the progress I've made;

2) Do I abandon the chance to play with my guild because I want to play at all.

Certainly you're right people have the right to play wherever they wish, but likewise, I had no choice in where you put my guild. I started on first day of early access so I didn't know the queues would be this bad. I'm stuck in a catch 22.

I would like EA/Bioware to consider folks in my position as I am not nearly the only one.

Character transfer is a common request for these servers. The ability to transfer your characters is being worked on, but there is no ETA on when it will be available.

Seriously? Your just now working on this "feature"?!

How long has this game been in development?

Edited by Belrax

I wanted to take the time and say Bioware, you're doing just fine. I'll take 15 minute queues to get on my server rather than the dead servers that exist in every other MMORPG. I'll check E-Mails, text friends or... post on the forums.

I know, if it continues to be an issue, you guys will address it. I have nothing but faith. Be the first MMO since WoW to have serious growth after launch. Keep your priorities toward delivering quality in-game content. The fact we have to wait to get in is nothing but confirmation of the fact that this game is thriving beyond your control, which only on an Internet forum, can its user base turn around into a negative.

Those complaining about 3+ hour queues, you really need to mitigate your own damage. Within the time it takes you to get in, you could already be level 10 on a new server. 2-3 days later, you're back to where you were on your old server.

Bioware/Technology can only do so much. If you go outside and its raining, you can post angrily on the Internet, stomp your feet and curse the clouds/God/whatever... or you can just pick up an umbrella.

You're missing the entire point. We're talking about the problem with guild placement that has caused this issue. We're not coming from a place of individuality here.

We are guilds who participated in the pre-launch guild program to have our guild pre-created, and for everyone to already be a member from the get go. Now what we're being told is, essentially, "Hey - forget about that and start everything all over again. Everyone re-roll all their mains and alts, create the guild yourself, and manually invite everyone in as if the pre-launch guild program didn't exist at all. Thanks!" Ok, yeah, that would allow us to play as a guild eventually, but it doesn't address the problem, or afford a preferable solution. It also doesn't address the fact that it should not have been this way to begin with! Bioware failed - they created too many guilds on too few servers. That is what has caused this issue which has been ongoing since day one of early access!

I don't understand the point of your post. As if you think you're being helpful by pointing out, "Uh - hey dude it's raining. Why don't you have an umbrella?" You're like Forrest Gump, who says to Lt. Dan: "But Lt. Dan - you ain't got no legs." My response to your post: "Uh, yes, Forrest, I know that!" Thanks, but your post, and the countless others who have posted similar ones, helps zero. Less than zero, if I'm being honest....

Viraxis why dont you go buy a TV, and let them tell you, you can only use it 50% of the time, and somedays you even have to wait in line to use it. I for one am just waiting until it calms down to play.

This + a monthly fee. A "Quality" service that only Bioware could supply.