Warning on high population servers

StephenReid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess if I want to play on my server after work, BEFORE I have to crash out to go to work in the morning, I should just have my wife start my queue about the time I get off.

Add Port Nowhere to that list... I can't see the entire server list, but the ones visible on my queue screen, it's by far the longest queued one.

Edited by MrMalicious

I wanted to take the time and say Bioware, you're doing just fine. I'll take 15 minute queues to get on my server rather than the dead servers that exist in every other MMORPG. I'll check E-Mails, text friends or... post on the forums.

I know, if it continues to be an issue, you guys will address it. I have nothing but faith. Be the first MMO since WoW to have serious growth after launch. Keep your priorities toward delivering quality in-game content. The fact we have to wait to get in is nothing but confirmation of the fact that this game is thriving beyond your control, which only on an Internet forum, can its user base turn around into a negative.

Those complaining about 3+ hour queues, you really need to mitigate your own damage. Within the time it takes you to get in, you could already be level 10 on a new server. 2-3 days later, you're back to where you were on your old server.

Bioware/Technology can only do so much. If you go outside and its raining, you can post angrily on the Internet, stomp your feet and curse the clouds/God/whatever... or you can just pick up an umbrella.

I think it's awesome that he was able to make it look like it was the customers' fault that this is happening while lending no legitimacy to the idea that the guild server placing system in no way contributed.

That's amazing, he's like Neo, all bendy-like and dodging bullets.

Great duck and cover man...really epic.

I think it's awesome that he was able to make it look like it was the customers' fault that this is happening while lending no legitimacy to the idea that the guild server placing system in no way contributed.

That's amazing, he's like Neo, all bendy-like and dodging bullets.

Great duck and cover man...really epic.

of course, as long as it doesn't happen to them specifically, it's other peoples fault and not the company's. I mean, it worked for them so it works perfectly :rolleyes:

As many of you know, we're experiencing high load and corresponding queues on some servers. This is to be expected during launch, as a high number of people want to play the game, and for long stretches at a time.

We're monitoring all of our servers around the clock, and we're raising server population caps where required. However, to ensure our long-term goals of server stability and healthy populations, we do not want to raise population caps too rapidly. We want incoming players to populate lower population servers. At the same time, higher population servers will not be 'locked' because we want to allow people to join a server to play with their friends if they wish to.

With this in mind, we wanted to notify everyone of some consistently high population servers. These servers are closing in on their absolute population cap (the maximum amount of players who can be on the server at any given time) and will likely have a queue to enter even at off-peak play times.

We strongly advise you to not create new characters on these servers, unless you are prepared to queue to play.

US-based servers

The Harbinger – US West Coast - PvE

The Swiftsure – US West Coast - PvP

The Fatman – US East Coast - PvP

EU-based servers

Bloodworthy – EU English - PvP

Frostclaw – EU English - PvE

Legions of Lettow – EU English - PvP

The Red Eclipse – EU English - PvE

Tomb of Freedom Nadd – EU English - PvP

Darth Revan's Mask – EU German - PvP

Darth Traya – EU German - PvP

Jar'Kai Sword - EU German - PvP

Hrakert Rift – EU French - PvP

Many of you who are already playing on these servers are asking for solutions, and we understand your frustration. At this time we can only ask for your patience. Population caps are being gradually raised on these servers, but raising them too fast will create an influx of new players and perpetuate the problem. We do not expect the queues to alleviate on these servers for the foreseeable future. If you do not want to queue, you should consider playing on another server, many of which have very low or no queues.

Character transfer is a common request for these servers. The ability to transfer your characters is being worked on, but there is no ETA on when it will be available.

Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.

How can you not implement server transfers from the start? What will you be doing about guilds who were transferred to high population servers? Many have to restart on a new server.

I appreciate knowing you are working on this, and I understand a lot of these things happen with launch.

That said, every other MMO i have played has rapidly found a way to fix this problem (WoW, DCUO, Trion). My server currently has a 1 hour que time to play when i get home from work. Having spent 30 hours or so working on my current character, "go reroll" is not a very appealing solution to me. And how do i pick a server that this wont happen on again.

Admin post at the head of this thread makes it sound like its the players fault. When i started on day two of early access, Anchorhead was low pop, there was no way for me to know it was going to explode.

Please find a way to fix your game and make it playable without having to sit in line for an hour first.

in all honesty I cant believe Bioware is having such issues after hours of release. Ive played many a MMO on release and never had a MMO that has such LOW population caps........ Like seriously ive gone on servers and found next to no1 around yet ive had to queue for 20+mins.......

Ive then got on to do /who searches to find it rather lowly populated compared to other games. Not to mention it seems the servers are either full with HUGE queues or dead with no1 on em.

It makes me wonder if there is a future to this game, yes the game is amazing but is Bioware truely doing a good enough job with server caps and so on?

Cause i know every time ive logged on ive been that put off by the queues ive started new characters, to find next time i log on that i have to queue again and again...... Ive now got like 6 chars on dif realms all lvl 10+ n getting sick and tired of not being able to progress em...... Get it sorted Bioware, we pay for a game and a subscription here so provide a service we expect/deserve...........

I appreciate knowing you are working on this, and I understand a lot of these things happen with launch.

That said, every other MMO i have played has rapidly found a way to fix this problem (WoW, DCUO, Trion). My server currently has a 1 hour que time to play when i get home from work. Having spent 30 hours or so working on my current character, "go reroll" is not a very appealing solution to me. And how do i pick a server that this wont happen on again.

Admin post at the head of this thread makes it sound like its the players fault. When i started on day two of early access, Anchorhead was low pop, there was no way for me to know it was going to explode.

Please find a way to fix your game and make it playable without having to sit in line for an hour first.

You're going to be told to reroll, stop whining, read a book, QQ more noob, or some crap. The server I'm on was chosen by them for pre launch guilds, and now we are stuck. Currently 30 minutes into a 700 person queue and I just passed halfway done. :eek:

I get the impression that people are still continually rolling on the populated servers, probably because their friends/guild is on there, or because they don't want to be on a dead server. I totally respect that, because if you roll on one of the new servers implemented on the 19th, there's a good chance they will never have the player base the initially EGA ones do.

However, at the same time--unless I manage to log on at the crack of dawn, I'm pretty much in queue time as soon as I get out of classes or work. Now, I definitely don't have the *worst* of queues times...but here on Prophecy of Five, if I log on at any day after 5PM, I'm usually in a queue of 770+

While the queue system *states* roughly around 50 minutes, generally the line moves rather slow around the 400 mark, and I end up waiting more around 80-90 minutes. I suspect this problem to move forward, rather than backwards (unless you see a huge population dip due to people quitting).

As more people hear about this game, or receive it for Christmas..I can only see my queue times rising, not falling.

As long as Bioware doesn't barracade people from rolling onto specific servers, I suspect there will be plenty more creating characters on highly populated servers such as mine, or worse--"The Fatman".

Ya, Anchorhead isn't on there, but I'm waiting over an hour now. The few they decided to list must have obscene wait times if an hour isn't even noteworthy.

I'm on Fatman and the queue times in primetime are well over 2 hours most nights. I am currently in an 1200 person queue.

Why not just dis-allow the creation of new toons on a server, temporarily, that is nearing the population max and kinda ... lead anyone not already apart of the server towards the lower populated servers. You guys added these new servers in anticipation of the flood of players who did not have early access ... and now they aren't even being touched it seems.

I think that would be a better idea, rather than posting on a forum (that most probably wont read until after they've made characters) about how you strongly discourage setting up in a largely populated server. That's just my opinion.

Also being on The Fatman...*** do i do if the guild i was in got put here...this is where everyone i play is with...but when im not aloud to play with them...Please explain to me...why i should pay BW to sit in a waiting line...Why not put in a xfer for people on these servers. Also a post on this besides the opening would be nice.