Warning on high population servers

StephenReid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is real nice that you made a statement. But just FYI playing on a different server after leveling past 30 is not real appealing. If you offer a transfer i will move off of Harbringer. But right now i feel like i am being punished for picking this server for EGA. Between my DD Edition of the game the 3 months sub i paid for and my Secuirty Key. I am into the game for $140.00. Telling me to start over kind of feel like a slap in the face.

Character transfer is a common request for these servers. The ability to transfer your characters is being worked on, but there is no ETA on when it will be available.

Good to hear. I will gladly move my characters to a different server. The Lineups don't bug me.. But, ya know.. Over time it might haha.

That is real nice that you made a statement. But just FYI playing on a different server after leveling past 30 is not real appealing. If you offer a transfer i will move off of Harbringer. But right now i feel like i am being punished for picking this server for EGA. Between my DD Edition of the game the 3 months sub i paid for and my Secuirty Key. I am into the game for $140.00. Telling me to start over kind of feel like a slap in the face.

No worries...levelling again is super fast :mad:

..this sucks.

Character transfer is a common request for these servers. The ability to transfer your characters is being worked on, but there is no ETA on when it will be available.

no offense but you guys should have expected this to be necessary and had it ready to go at launch..

Why did you guys create a character on a high population server? I simply selected the server with the lowest population and I have had absolutely no queue times. Don't blame Bioware for the fact that you are all idiots who have tried to cram in on one server.

When i picked this server on day 1 wave 1 it was empty. There was no way for me to know that everyone from the bottom of the world had picked this server to call home. Don't get me wrong i like the Australians they are good folks. But sitting in a Que is a waste of my time and money. And re-rolling after level 30 is a joke a bad joke.

Edited by Shazwhite

I don't trust that the players will be able to properly transfer their guilds/characters to new servers. So they allow this to happen and everyone picks up and moves and then you have the same problem all over again? Let BioWare pick the guilds/players to move to different servers as they have the insight and numbers to know how to balance it all properly.

Why did you guys create a character on a high population server? I simply selected the server with the lowest population and I have had absolutely no queue times. Don't blame Bioware for the fact that you are all idiots who have tried to cram in on one server.

Guild Deployment.... jerk.

THANKS FOR ASSIGNING GUILDS TO SERVERS!! I'm sure the HIGH population servers don't coincide with YOUR PLACEMENT OF GUILDS!

...Thanks...no really, great job.

Erm, you know that many guilds ignored the assignment and chose their own in the end don't you?

I was part of the very first wave let into the game on the 13th, all servers were empty when we got on. Besides, my guild was there, so that's where we went.

Does anyone remember the 1st season South Park episode where the kids wanted their pet Elephant to make love to the pig? There is a scene in that episode where the kids are at the bus stop with the Elephant because Kyle wants to take it to school for show and tell. The bus driver says the elephant can't get on the bus, and will have to take the "short" bus. The camera quickly pans over and you see utter lunacy and chaos going on in the "short" bus. Whenever someone does or says something that I consider less than smart, I always think of them being a member of that "short" bus in that episode. I can picture them there - enveloped in their own world of chaos where I'm sure the things they do make sense to them, but unfortunately to no one else.

This is a perfect example of such a situation. This whole guild deployment situation seems to have been planned, and executed, by a group of folks who live on the "short" bus in that episode of South Park. I refuse to believe that someone did not see this coming. They had to have known this would happen, and what they should do to stop it from happening, and yet did nothing to make this situation not occur - or be less of an issue than it is. Observing other MMO launches? Beta weekends? From where I stand nothing was learned by the devs from those "observations". Nothing. At all. There is no excuse for the queue situation we're in now. More servers should have been put up before early access started, and fewer guilds deployed on each. There is no way they didn't know this was going to happen. I refuse to believe it, and I am extremely annoyed and disappointed.

That is all. Oh, and one more thing. Don't you remember that song by Loverboy? Pig and Elephant DNA just won't splice!

I can't see BW recovering from this shambles.

1st impressions count with the paying customer, you fork out £39.99 - £129.99 and you expect no matter how much you pay, to play, when you want, how you want, on the server that your characters are all ready on.

I have not, will not & I am never going to pay for a game that makes me wait even 30 secs to log on.

Maybe I have been lucky with the mmos I have played in the past to never of been screwed over my waiting times.

BW put me and my guild on a server that was full after day 1 of early access - unacceptable.

BW have not made enough servers available - Unaccecptable.

BW were not prepared for the early access - Unacceptable.

BW were not prepared for the general release - Unacceptable

The game in its current state with regards to the player base being fused to either like it or lump when its the people at BW that have completely messed up the release of SWTOR - UNACCEPTABLE.

To have the sorry state of the servers on a holiday period, where alot of ppl will be getting this as a gift, its a disgrace.

I've waited years for this game but its taken a matter of days for myself to consider not even bothering playing & I am 1 of the saps that forked out £129.99 for it.

It will take something massive for BW to recover repair & win back the players on this.

Sorry but after all the testing and all the posts on the forums and all the feedback, you (BW) either did not understand what a launch would really be like or you are secretly SoE and running as normal.

I paid for a DD (no physical product), real hard folding beer tokens, managed to grab a few days of early access which was nice then along comes game day and you are letting anyone at all just log into an already full server and make playing on it impossible for those who already invested time on it.

Not the first game I have been burned by a game on startup but possibly the first i'm going to walk away from, I don't queue to get into a pub or a club and ill be damned if i'm going to queue to play something I already paid for.

Get your 'game' (see a 4 letter word thats not profanity) together quickly or you may well end up going the way of SWG but a damned sight quicker!

Edit - Just logged into my account and cancelled my recurring subscription, GET IT SORTED!

Edited by Ethariel

(...) Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.

And what about simply being disconnected from the game for any reason (crash, connection issue, etc.) and having to queue again?

There should be a grace period of a few minutes that allows us to get straight back into the game.

Edited by demotivator

As defined by wiki. " A game is structured playing, undertaken for enjoyment"

So please explain to me why anyone would pay or even want to sign up for this game when all we really get is the frustration of sitting in queue for hrs at a time. Fyi I am currently on fatman the average queue to truly get in is about 2 hrs. 1200+ line.

Your answer is for me to "roll on a new server" well you can shove that the same place you can shove these queue. Some of us preordered your game and got the ea, these servers were all low pop then. So why in the hell should I be punished because you were unprepared. This game had lots of potential EA are about to put nails in the coffin. If only blizzard had been the one launching this... atleast they know *** they are doing.

Bottomline. Fix the que issue and fix it now or you will lose costumers by the thousands. We don't have all night to wait around just to get in a hr before bed. Take the fail out of your mouth and give us details on a immediate solution.

*sent from the most epic phone ever*