Final Wave Sent!

uniscorn

because 60% of the invites that were sent out earlier were to people who were at school/work. and this evening there will be massive amounts of people logging in.

And what are they going to do on official launch day?

E-mail people that have just purchased the game and tell them "thanks for buying, we'll mail you to let you know when you can log in".

It keeps being said, if this is a problem for them now, while they have control, it's going to be an absolute nightmare come launch day when they have none.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SWTOR Twitter says you're lying.

posted at 1307 EST:

SWTOR The Old Republic Another batch of emails has gone out. Good news, this one was a bonus wave, we still have one more to go today!

The sticky is more current than SWTOR and Rockjaw Twitter.

A million of your customers raging at you on the forum is really considered "going smooth" Or are they really interested only in it being smooth from a technical server standpoint?

Bioware severely underestimated the rage that would occur when they decided on this staggered release idea.

There isn't a million customers raging. It's just a few vocal crybabies who feel entitled to be treated like royalty. You didn't get in today...get over it.

A million of your customers raging at you on the forum is really considered "going smooth" Or are they really interested only in it being smooth from a technical server standpoint?

Bioware severely underestimated the rage that would occur when they decided on this staggered release idea.

i think technical server standpoint.

Listen i am in the minority of the ppl who will wait to get in.

But Bioware has to listen to these ppl. It's just gonna get worse and this is Epic just read the main sticky at the top of the page. The damn thing is growing but the second. But we all Know SR and company will just tough luck wait. Or hey we want stability etc while not responding to the growing dissent that this "wave" EGA is causing.

well look at the bright side, with the 2 extra days and the servers clearly holding steady with a median of medium server population, you can bet you're bottom dollar the 2 extra day scam was intentional to make sure they didn't goof it up with a system crash on the first day of early access. Least this way, the final waves will go out on the 15th and everyone gets bare bones minimum 5 days to play before everyone else. no harm, no foul.

Seeing as they barely got through a week's worth of pre-orders today, I can't fathom in what fantasy you have to live in where Bioware manages to get another 4+ months' worth of pre-orders done tomorrow, to get 'everyone in by the 15th'. :p

Here's how I see it happening:

Day 1 (which is done): July - Last week and odd days

Day 2: First two weeks of August. Maybe three if we're lucky.

Day 3: September

Day 4: October

Day 5: Half of November (assuming there was a spike in pre-orders)

Day 6: Other half of November and the stragglers from Dec

Day 7: Servers will be down most of this day :p

Hopefully Arenanet is watching this and they'll learn that staggering releases is a terrible idea. I was expecting them to send in hundreds of thousands of players in one day simply by sending wave after wave none-stop every 2 or 3 hours, but now they're calling it off ? Pathetic. Please don't do this for Guild Wars 2, thank you!

There isn't a million customers raging. It's just a few vocal crybabies who feel entitled to be treated like royalty. You didn't get in today...get over it.

couldnt wait for the QQ to start, their tears are absolutely delicious. "i want it, and i want it now!"

Thx bioware for not even making it to the end of july in one *********** day. Follow this ******** for 3 years and cant even make day 1. Probably wont even make tomorrow as slow as these people move.
They got a lot of invites sent out today, and probably covered the majority of folks who pre-ordered as soon as it was available. I imagine tomorrow will see invites going to people who submitted their code in mid August, maybe even early September.