Final Wave Sent!

uniscorn

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

July 27th

Looks like the last wave invited people up to the July 27th.

Tomorrow they should be starting with July 28th. Hopefully they can go from July 28th - Mid Aug tomorrow.

With how slow they are going, I don't see that happening. Maybe to the beginning of August; but not mid August.

I just wanted to give a big shout out to whoever came up with the waves plan for prelaunch. I hope they fire you at Bioware and you end up living under a bridge. Better yet, I hope someone spits on you and you make a scene so that security has a reason to beat you before bouncing you off the concrete.

The waves plan was great. The error was telling everybody about it. If they had kept the early access date as 12/15 and sent out the same five waves today, people would be tripping all over themselves singing their praises. Instead they sent out an email implying that we would get to start playing today (and yes, I know that technically it didn't say that) and disappointed over a million people.

In short, they bungled it.

The waves plan was great. The error was telling everybody about it. If they had kept the early access date as 12/15 and sent out the same five waves today, people would be tripping all over themselves singing their praises. Instead they sent out an email implying that we would get to start playing today (and yes, I know that technically it didn't say that) and disappointed over a million people.

In short, they bungled it.

Uh, no. If they kept it a secret and people found out they that had just gotten an invite 2 days early, people on the forums would be freaking out just as much, if not more, because there was no info about it.

With how slow they are going, I don't see that happening. Maybe to the beginning of August; but not mid August.
There were a lot fewer preorder codes submitted in August than there were in the first week that preorders were available. In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if the total number of people invited today exceed the orders placed in August and September combined.

I hate to repeat myself, but i'm very disappointed with this. We're not in the testing phase anymore Bioware, we are actual customers now. I have been a huge fan of bioware for as long as I can remember. The games are great, among my favorite, and swtor looks to be no different. So why does this feel like we're still in beta? Testing the server load? That was done already. As a customer who preordered because of the early access guarantee, this looks like it's being handled very poorly. The customers who ordered first get in first, that's great, but there is absolutely no reason to stop sending invites. We spent our money, now it's your turn to uphold the other end of that agreement.

This website is ridiculous. Constant 'waiting rooms' so i can see why they don't trust their servers. Absolute joke - its clear they've never done an MMO before, all of their systems freeze external to the game.

Actually, from what I hear, this is pretty much the Warhammer Online crew Bioware picked up from Mythic. Now whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is totally up to each person. I cringe because of the whole credit cards getting overcharged by WAR though. lol It makes me want to go timecard again since I did with WAR and dodged that bullet.

There were a lot fewer preorder codes submitted in August than there were in the first week that preorders were available. In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised if the total number of people invited today exceed the orders placed in August and September combined.

We will see.

If your waiting for the email your being impatient wrong. :p Email can be delayed by whatever email service your using.

Anyone who didn't get in today, I highly recommend you build your own Exchange server tonight so the second they send you the email tomorrow it will pop up in your inbox! :D

lol what a joke. Staggered launch will go down as the stupidest idea in MMO history. Not only have they barely invited ANYONE today (not even past July 26th) but they are done sending invites at 1:30pm???? What in the world are they thinking? There is still the entire day ahead. Guess they all went home and let the monkeys run the show until tomorrows invites.

this would be true if it was launch day, but it isnt. It's early access.

What a completely horrible launch day...

Don't give me some BS about the 20th being launch, anyone who wanted the game pre-ordered already.

What kind bs is it? The launch day is the 20th. Learn to read.

Edited by LordKOLZ

Some folks need to get over their raging. It obvious they had to work through a massive amount of pre-orders from July 21 and the first week it was available. Just because they didn't blast through to september code redeems on day one of early access is no reason to throw a fit. Go have a drink and relax. The game ain't going anywhere and you'll get your freak on soon enough...

because 60% of the invites that were sent out earlier were to people who were at school/work. and this evening there will be massive amounts of people logging in.

You're wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/SZ1Xk.jpga

Same on european realms, only one server had two origin worlds instances rest had no sub-instances yet we're in PEAK times.

How do i know? Two accounts *****eees

Edited by Kodokai

Uh, no. If they kept it a secret and people found out they that had just gotten an invite 2 days early, people on the forums would be freaking out just as much, if not more, because there was no info about it.

Maybe, but probably not if they just said "We've started sending out invites two days early! don't worry, if you haven't gotten your yet, it will come!" As long as you make the reality exceed the expectations that have been sent, you've succeeded. When you make reality fall short of the expectations you've created, you've bungled it.

“We’re well over 200,000 pre-orders in the first five or six days.” – Eric Brown, Electronic Arts CFO

Seems like cut off was around the 27th July, so guessing they sent out 200K-250K invites out today...

I suppose counting digital copies maybe, but if this includes both then that is false.

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x444/oldneb/chart.jpg

Maybe not, but like SR said, the Pre-orders numbers were HUGE in July and than they kind of dropped off.

It sounds like a large number of their pre-ordered were front loaded in July. They let those people in today. They said after they July people are in the dates let in will cover larger ranges.

Maybe, but probably not if they just said "We've started sending out invites two days early! don't worry, if you haven't gotten your yet, it will come!" As long as you make the reality exceed the expectations that have been sent, you've succeeded. When you make reality fall short of the expectations you've created, you've bungled it.

What?

Everything you just said is no different than what is happening now.