Final Wave Sent!

uniscorn

People are dumb today

Messages from 2 hours ago are being posted as news and than people react to that news with even crazier ****. lol

I believe they said one hour ago about the bonus wave. At least it states one hour to me.

I still believe there will be another batch, and even though I won't be in it myself, I wish people luck.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news for who? Wait wait.....stay by the computer and keep hitting refresh. That magical email is right around the corner. Pfft. Ruined my image of Bioware.

If your waiting for the email your being impatient wrong. :p Email can be delayed by whatever email service your using.

You wait for the client to light the play button up. The sticky before the old forum wipe said that's the much better way to do it. Your access to the server may come much sooner than the email letting you know.

guys it says wave 5 is sent but there is another 1 tonight

Another batch of emails has gone out. Good news, this one was a bonus wave, we still have one more to go today! sent a hour ago on twitter

That was posted when wave 4 was sent out. Wave 5 was the last of the day, per the thread on these boards.

Update: Wave 3 was just sent.

Update: Wave 4 was sent approximately noon CST. (Apologies for delay.)

Update: Wave 5 - the final wave for today - was sent at approx 1:30PM CST.

More invites will be sent tomorrow (Wednesday).

People need to read the gosh darn stickies. No more invites today; better luck tomorrow.

Edited by AkilZodiac

What a completely horrible launch day...

Don't give me some BS about the 20th being launch, anyone who wanted the game pre-ordered already.

But it's not launch, it's actually 2 days before the OFFICIAL EARLY access. How about some cheese to go with your whine.

This website is ridiculous. Constant 'waiting rooms' so i can see why they don't trust their servers. Absolute joke - its clear they've never done an MMO before, all of their systems freeze external to the game.

Usually a content provider doesn't have millions of people prompting billions of data queries for the exact same peices of data over, and over, and over again in a very small time frame.

When they do, it's called a Distributed Denial of Service (Attack)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Are you going to engineer and then field a multimillion dollar system to host content that will be used for one week and then shelved? No. Neither will Bioware.

In about two weeks to a month this is all dust in the wind. :cool:

because 60% of the invites that were sent out earlier were to people who were at school/work. and this evening there will be massive amounts of people logging in.

True, If you assume everyone lives in the US.

But that's not the case.

While this would be nice, a lot of people are at work and aren't on yet, so there will be an extra hit from that alone in a few hours.

Not that I disagree, but I would think that they could use the EU's current primetime to gauge server capacity for today. Maybe they are and that is the reason they have limited waves for today. Has anyone who can log in checked the server populations for the EU servers? I would imagine at this time they are pretty full.

What? You consider that massive? There's almost a million more invites to go, and you think 100k is massive?

Lol... they haven't even invited 1/8 of the players yet... and servers are all showing full. (This is only the preorder numbers.)

100k of 920k invited at most. Its going to be UGLY on the 20th unless they start crapping servers.

Edited by Blaaine

But it's not launch, it's actually 2 days before the OFFICIAL EARLY access. How about some cheese to go with your whine.

When a game starts letting mass amounts of people in it is called launch, they have just worded it differently to make pre orders more enticing.

No way around it, today was launch. Wrap your head around that.

well look at the bright side, with the 2 extra days and the servers clearly holding steady with a median of medium server population, you can bet you're bottom dollar the 2 extra day scam was intentional to make sure they didn't goof it up with a system crash on the first day of early access. Least this way, the final waves will go out on the 15th and everyone gets bare bones minimum 5 days to play before everyone else. no harm, no foul.

Usually a content provider doesn't have millions of people prompting billions of data queries for the exact same peices of data over, and over, and over again in a very small time frame.

When they do, it's called a Distributed Denial of Service (Attack)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Are you going to engineer and then field a multimillion dollar system to host content that will be used for one week and then shelved? No. Neither will Bioware.

In about two weeks to a month this is all dust in the wind. :cool:

Its called a stress test, which they did recently, so they know their servers can handle it.......

Dont try to appear all superior when you are talking rubbish.

Listen we can complain and whine and throw temper tantrums all we want. They don't care they want this to go smooth. So whine, yell, scream at em. They won't listen to you. Yes I know i am directing this at the wrong post but i had to say it.

A million of your customers raging at you on the forum is really considered "going smooth" Or are they really interested only in it being smooth from a technical server standpoint?

Bioware severely underestimated the rage that would occur when they decided on this staggered release idea.

Good news for who? Wait wait.....stay by the computer and keep hitting refresh. That magical email is right around the corner. Pfft. Ruined my image of Bioware.

If your waiting for the email your being impatient wrong. :p Email can be delayed by whatever email service your using.

You wait for the client to light the play button up. The sticky before the old forum wipe said that's the much better way to do it. Your access to the server may come much sooner than the email letting you know.

SWTOR Twitter says you're lying.

Read the sticky. Good god, there's so many of you Twitter drones.

Hey everyone, good morning and welcome to the first day of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed, and we're going to be granting it in 'waves' - large batches of emails and game entitlements that will go out over the course of today (and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on).

I'll be updating this thread (and this post) as we send out more 'waves' of invites.

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.

Update: Wave 3 was just sent.

Update: Wave 4 was sent approximately noon CST. (Apologies for delay.)

Update: Wave 5 - the final wave for today - was sent at approx 1:30PM CST.

More invites will be sent tomorrow (Wednesday).

Edited by AkilZodiac