Final Wave Sent!

uniscorn

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news is that I think they will probably let more people in tomorrow than they did today, since today was kind of the test of how well things would go. So far it seems like everything went very smoothly so tomorrow they will probably let a higher number of people in. Buck up, guys.

Invitation to Play the Game Early

Starting December 13, 2011, 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET), The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access. Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!

see Invites will be sent throughout early game access....24/7 imo....

this is rediculous im getting an lawer and sewing biowear

Lol.

How about going jogging instead. You'll live a little longer because of it and get more time for gaming and frivolous lawsuits

Plus I don't know many lawyers who like to spend their day sewing

http://www.gutenberg-e.org/gordon/images/cover_04.jpg

Edited by nraga

Maybe not, but like SR said, the Pre-orders numbers were HUGE in July and than they kind of dropped off.

It sounds like a large number of their pre-ordered were front loaded in July. They let those people in today. They said after they July people are in the dates let in will cover larger ranges.

"Large" may be larger, or much smaller, than what you think it is. And with past experiences with Stephen Reid's word, I'm going to assume it's smaller than we think.

Edited by AkilZodiac

People that ordered the first two days aren't even in yet and they're done sending, don't be foolish.

If someone truly preordered in the first 2 days and input their code then and they are not in yet then they should probably contact BW or SR because that is a mistake... they need to launch the game and be sure because emails can get lost

Anyone who didn't get in today, I highly recommend you build your own Exchange server tonight so the second they send you the email tomorrow it will pop up in your inbox! :D

I read a post from someone who was in for around a half hour and never even got an email. They had been refreshing their launcher every 5 minutes and got in on wave 2.

You'd a thought those who pre ordered in July would have at least made it in on day one.... forcing july pre orders to wait til day two , makes little sense an leaves one to wonder if they should have waited til december an bought the game at the store . Save the hassles for waiting for an email that isn't comming ... an only 5 waves ? this isn't nice / fair ... Seriously uncool ...

I get that early access is a privillage an all that jazz . but sheesh july pre orders didn't all make it in today ? that is messed up . I'd love to see why only the first week of pre orders are deemed worthy for day one access . while those who ordered in the second week are getting the shaft . this does not make any sense at all .

Frustrated , and left pondering why I pre ordered in July only to have to wait til day 2 maybe even day 3 ... now if Bioware would have advertised ," hey pre order within the first week of pre ordering and you will get in on day 1 . if you don't you get in sometime later . " I'd a saved myself the hassles of pre ordering an waited til launch .

I would have LOVED to have pre ordered on the 21st , but my rl situation required it wait til payday which came at the end of the month . So for this I'm punished for being a late july pre order . This is really not inspiring stuff Bioware .

sigh , wasted day waiting around for an email . Sorry for the rant just frustrated .

Yes I'll still play ToR , it's too much fun to not play . So I won't be cancelling my pre order . Just have to wait an hope maybe tommorow I'll make it in .

cheers .

I'm pretty disappointed too. Not just because I have to wait--and I did not expect to get in the first day--but because it seems like they are capable of getting so many more players in than they have.

To end the invites by about 2:00 PM EST is just mind-boggling for a genre like this where people are hyper competitive at achieving time-sensitive things and with an IP like this where the anticipation has been built up sky high.

I hate to repeat myself, but i'm very disappointed with this. We're not in the testing phase anymore Bioware, we are actual customers now. I have been a huge fan of bioware for as long as I can remember. The games are great, among my favorite, and swtor looks to be no different. So why does this feel like we're still in beta? Testing the server load? That was done already. As a customer who preordered because of the early access guarantee, this looks like it's being handled very poorly. The customers who ordered first get in first, that's great, but there is absolutely no reason to stop sending invites. We spent our money, now it's your turn to uphold the other end of that agreement.

<shoots you in the knee with an arrow>

Update: Wave 4 was sent approximately noon CST. (Apologies for delay.)

Update: Wave 5 - the final wave for today - was sent at approx 1:30PM CST.

More invites will be sent tomorrow (Wednesday).

Pathetic really. I had much much higher expectations from Bioware. Better go back to the original posts and edit them from "We'll be sending out invites and opening servers throughout the day" to "hey, we stop at 1:20 CST, our 'day' is 7 hours long". And now, a simple "we hope to make it through to about the 26th with invites, barring complications" would have saved a lot of frustration and early mornings.... but alas, there some 'other' reason to keep those numbers to themselves, something more important than the pre-ordered customer? Go figure.

I'm kinda waiting for someone to pop out and say "Surprise! We're not Bioware! Were SoE! Fooled you!"

Oh well, i guess we can randomly wait tomorrow for those waves that can't be elaborated on but can be quoted as "ahead of schedule"

Edited by Vengillian