BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

I think that once you have completed the encounter successfully, you should be able to come back and do it again. I'd like to try it again believe it or not. It was tough for me even though I got him first try, but as a measure of what I've learned, I'd like to try again to see how I would do.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually really disappointed in this fight, it was farrrr too easy. Played as a Guardian at 49, I steamrolled through everything until it was time to take T7. After that I just avoided as many mob groups as possible, because they were ripping through my health. I was having trouble with them, so I was worried about the Emperor. Then when my T7 chest bugged I was REALLY worried; he was still wearing his starting gear since I never used him. I thought I was way out of my league, but I decided to try it at least once to see what happens. When I actually fought the Emperor....it was a joke. T7 tanked the clones off me the entire fight until he went down, which took a bit since I had him guarded. Even when they came after me I was still okay. Emperor went down without a fuss, I didn't miss a single interrupt. I was sitting at 95% health when I finished, never having used a medpac or my heroic ability. I understand that not every player is the same, so me not having trouble doesn't mean that I'm saying everyone else sucks. I just wish the fight was a tad harder X)

After a few attempts, I just got a guildie to join my party so we could double-team him. I will say this - for a class that doesn't have ANY challenging bosses (I specced Guardian Tank,) this one's difficulty seemed kind of out of left field. I get he's the Emperor and all, but dang - I was getting my butt handed to me. I like that I died on the first attempt, I don't think that should go away. I just think I should be able to do it by myself. Eventually.

Here's a tip that might help people who are just missing the mark and need a few extra seconds to beat the final fight:

Most of the Emperor's casts are quite long, probably 4-5 seconds. What you need to do is interrupt the casts at the latest moment--not instantly-- so you can get that extra 3-4 seconds of damage time on him. 3-4 seconds can mean getting 2-3 more abilities off, and over the course of the fight, you might get an extra 6 abilities off to push you over the edge to beat him. I always made sure to take down the adds he summons ASAP, just using the basic attack to generate focus without spending my big damaging abilities on them, saving those for the Emperor. A lot of times I would be finishing off his adds and have to quickly switch to the Emperor to interrupt his cast--always at the last second to get the most damage time--and then continue to finish the adds.

I did this in 3 tries as a level 50 Combat spec Sentinel. I was in all quest gear from Corellia and I didn't know about the T7 chest, so he was still in ~60 rating gear. I pretty much just let T7 tank the first 3 seconds of the fight (that's about all the time he lasted) and then solo'd the rest of the fight. I'll admit that while it only took me 3 tries, I realized that most people probably would not be able to do this. I've been playing MMOs for years now and can say that I'm fairly skilled when it comes to these things, but the average player would definitely have a rough time with this if their gameplay is not as fine-tuned as a higher caliber player's is--this fight should probably be tuned down a bit.

That being said, if I had known about the T7 chest and got him upgraded, this fight probably would have been MUCH easier, but as it is it is not impossible.

Don't give up!

Edited by Gradywhite

Just did this today. Took me about 5-6 tries before I realized that...

You can interrupt his one-shot kill ability. Interrupts in this game are... flakey, IMO and it can be hard to tell what is being cast on you that is causing issues. I had the same trouble with Darth Angral because I could never tell which one of his abilities was causing my health to go from 90% to 10% and you can't always interrupt everything.

If anyone is having issues with this fight, just try to interrupt his two big casts: Force Storm and (most importantly!) Force Blast. Blast will one shot kill you so save your interrupts for this if you need to!

Took him down in my first attempt and i dont think he got me to 50% even. Im sorry but there are tons of upgrades for your tee sevens along the way. Ive never bought or tried to gear mine. I simply used upgrades provided from quests rewards. If you cant get him down i suggest rolling other character because from this point, playing a jk is only going to get more frustrating for you. Have in mind jks, guardians especially, are very technical, they rely on their cooldowns and tactics like taunting off threat of your t7 when hes low on hp and using ccs as often as possible. Edited by Carousel_t

• 2 weeks later...

I just completed this as a Level 50 Guardian. The fight is difficult, but doable (solo).

He's got an insta kill move that can be interrupted, but I swear sometimes he cast it without me seeing the cast bar at all. Just keep at it and use every mez in your arsenal including running away and leaping.

Not sure why, but I beat him on the first try. I am a sentinel with defense rating and daily armoring and hilts on everything except for the belt and bracer. The belt was a level 50 purple belt that dropped on Corellia. T7 was outfitted all daily armoring and lasted in the fight close to the end.

I do not know how I beat him just should there and attacked him.

I spent 2 or so weeks doing dailies before even touching Corellia and most fights on Corellia and Drommund Kaas where quite easy.

I guess gear up with daily armorings for you and T7. Just because you will not use T7 much does not mean you can gear him up.

I have not tried the fight on a guardian, but will most likely gear up on my guardian who will be a pureblood sith when I unlock the species.

• 2 weeks later...
sad way to end a storyline what a waste of time.

Precisely! You anticipate this fight for goddman how long - you build up specific support - aka DOC - equipment choices at end of quests!! FFS!! then u have to use a *********** droid in the final fight!!? :mad::mad::mad: I am sorry - but this **** suspends belief completely! If the arse of programmer who came up with this wanted a droid so badly, he/she should have stayed at home and played with their plastic R2-D2s!!!

I find it difficult to understand why there is so much anger built around difficult or "broken" encounters. If you can't beat an encounter solo, for whatever reason, grab a friend (hell a random if you have to) and get 'er done.

"But I shouldn't have to!" you say, Shouldn't you? "The game story was designed to be soloable!". Was it? Do you work for BW? Bottom line is, YOU obviously CAN'T get it done by yourself and BW has given you a tool to deal with these situations, it's called a group! Shocking! I know! Grab a friend, random, enemy, whoever, who cares and get it over with and move on. We have 54 pages of pissing and moaning over something that is easily remedied. If you want the challenge of beating it yourself, awesome! Keep at it and maybe you'll figure it out, but if you can't, don't ***** about it, use the tool everyone in game has available to them /invite "randomsanitysaviour".

Am I some leet gamer who had no issues moving through content? Hell no I'm not, I required help on 3 boss fights. I gave it 2-3 solid efforts and when I failed I tossed a shout out an in all cases was moving along in under 10-15 minutes.

Swallow your pride, quit whining, and get over it.

P.S. This rant is not directed at any of you who were actually here simply providing constructive criticism over an encounter design.

Bottom line is, YOU obviously CAN'T get it done by yourself and BW has given you a tool to deal with these situations, it's called a group!

I mostly agree with what you said, but it should be noted that this mission is on an instanced planet of its own. People will have to travel back to the closest level planet in order to find someone who can actually help, and that many loading screens gets irritable.

Hi,

I guess i will take option 2, after hours and $$ spent, failing to take down the emperor. I tried grouping with my frd (trooper) but they cant access the planet D. Kass. Do I need to do any settings or do they need take my ship (hehee). Any advice please?

I quite enjoy trying to figure out ways to kill him and I even spend 1 lives to observe his moves. But just dont have the time to wait approx 5 min for emperor to respawn each time.

I mostly agree with what you said, but it should be noted that this mission is on an instanced planet of its own. People will have to travel back to the closest level planet in order to find someone who can actually help, and that many loading screens gets irritable.

Not sure why, but I beat him on the first try. I am a sentinel with defense rating and daily armoring and hilts on everything except for the belt and bracer. The belt was a level 50 purple belt that dropped on Corellia. T7 was outfitted all daily armoring and lasted in the fight close to the end.

I do not know how I beat him just should there and attacked him.

I spent 2 or so weeks doing dailies before even touching Corellia and most fights on Corellia and Drommund Kaas where quite easy.

I guess gear up with daily armorings for you and T7. Just because you will not use T7 much does not mean you can gear him up.

I have not tried the fight on a guardian, but will most likely gear up on my guardian who will be a pureblood sith when I unlock the species.

Don't you have to beat the emperor first before you can do the dailies?

Took me a few attempts, but got it eventually.

I kept getting hit with some crazy ability he would use that would kill me instantly at 50% health, but managed to use Pacify to deal with that.

I'm a Watchamn spec'ed Sentinel with Surge/Crit equipment. Didn't even really need T7 either.

*shrug*

The one issue I DID have was the disappearing act that he would pull after I would die and after I was finally victorious. Kinda annoying, but fixed after a 5 minute wait.

I'm pretty sure if you die you can summon a different

Companion I'm sure I did this cause my

Doc is pimped

The fight wasn't very memorable can't hardly

Remember How I did it but was pretty easy anyway

Edited by denpic

I'm a Guardian and defensed spec and my T7 didn't have very good upgrades and I rolled right through this fight. I don't know why people are having such difficulties with it. The last couple of quests for my story I got T7 about 3 pieces of gear from and bought him some implants. T7 lasted right up till the end of the fight with me.

I was suprised at how easy this fight was, especially since both me and T7 are defense spec'd and not damaged spec.

• 4 weeks later...

I still can't win this bloody fight, and I've got soopa-doopa mods for all my orange gear. Also, I've made sure to keep T7 equipped with lvl 50 blasters and gear. Still no good. And to those people who say "bring a friend", not only is this supposed to be a solo mission, the WHOLE POINT of the story is that only a droid like T7 is immune to the Emperor's powers. So if you can't hack it with T7, the game is bugged.

This sucks. I'm so pissed off, I'm seriously considering quitting SWTOR for good. BioWare needs to start taking these complaints seriously, rather than fobbing us off as they normally do. This has absolutely ruined my day.

Its actually easier now that legacy is out... if you have other characters you can get +10 more presence stat for each of their companion characters ( lettign you get +50 per character) and +100 presence stat if you have finished a human character (or bought it) to make your companions really strong (if you want to go all the way you can use the cantina vendor presence buff too, which can be stacked with stims) and if you have a Smugglers story finished you have a crotch kick for the ability to interupt/stun him while you unload your damage, and if youve finished a Sith Warrior you get Choke, letting you double dip on your Stasis. The Imperial Agent unlocked AOE orbital strike "might" clear out a wave of the clones, not 100% sure about that Edited by thepilk

I still can't win this bloody fight, and I've got soopa-doopa mods for all my orange gear. Also, I've made sure to keep T7 equipped with lvl 50 blasters and gear. Still no good. And to those people who say "bring a friend", not only is this supposed to be a solo mission, the WHOLE POINT of the story is that only a droid like T7 is immune to the Emperor's powers. So if you can't hack it with T7, the game is bugged.

This sucks. I'm so pissed off, I'm seriously considering quitting SWTOR for good. BioWare needs to start taking these complaints seriously, rather than fobbing us off as they normally do. This has absolutely ruined my day.

It's all about strategy. In this particular fight, you need to use your interrupts as much as possible and ignore his clones. Target the emperor at the beginning of the fight and make sure it doesn't change.

I am like you. Won't "take a friend" for class missions. This one is very beatable, and actually is easier than some of the other fights you encounter along the way. I took him down at 47 on my watchman/combat hybrid sentinal and was somewhat disappointed that the fight wasn't on par with bosses such as Hareth, Angral, Valis, etc.

Ok, did this last night. Just ignore the clones and interrupt Force Blast every time and you will win pretty easily. You don't have to break LoS, or hide behind pillars, or push him down the spiral stairs. Just interrupt Force Blast and do damage.

At least this worked great with my Guardian.

Also you will want to upgrade T7's armor before trying this.

I had tried many times with failure until I learned to interrupt Force Blast which will one shot you.

Ok, did this last night. Just ignore the clones and interrupt Force Blast every time and you will win pretty easily. You don't have to break LoS, or hide behind pillars, or push him down the spiral stairs. Just interrupt Force Blast and do damage.

This. Its not that hard, the fight does not need to be nerfed any further.

Did this fight in about 3 trys. It's not easy, nor should it be It is the emperor after all. I was in tank gear with a mix of defense and vigilance talents. Try using t7's aoes to despawn the clones fast, hit the emperor as hard and fast as you can when you find the right one. AND INTERRUPT INTERRUPT INTERRUPT and you will do it

Edited by supafreak

WTH BIOWARE?!?!?

Every time I've tried this (about ten times now), I don't even get killed normally. The Emperor (or one of his clones) just blasts me away randomly and I die outright, no matter how much health I have (highest was about 75% of my health bar!!!!!!!)

This thing is insane, NEEDS A FIX!!!