BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually didn't look at any spoilers for this fight, and my T7 was in level 35ish green/blues. I had no problems at all. I used Unity when the waves got big, and interrupted everything I possibly could. I am a Watchman Sentinel. I one shotted this fight, and T7 lived with a sliver of health. I believe I used my Heroic Moment as well for extra healing on myself and T7. Seemed I had plenty of DPS and interrupts to make the fight manageable.

That's not how it works with me. I can interrupt Force Blast & Death Field every time they come up...but then I randomly get blasted away and die outright =S

That is a bug that needs to be fixed....

The fight Itself WHEN working PROPERLY does not need to be nerfed, In fact its a little easier then I expected it to be. The Problem is The Instance is Very buggy and has been giving people problems, There is the T7 gear bug, the Instant Death bug and of course the Instant Win bug....

But Again, they Nerfed it once, and its a pretty easy straight forward fight since then, When its working.

Did this fight in about 3 trys. It's not easy, nor should it be It is the emperor after all. I was in tank gear with a mix of defense and vigilance talents. Try using t7's aoes to despawn the clones fast, hit the emperor as hard and fast as you can when you find the right one. AND INTERRUPT INTERRUPT INTERRUPT and you will do it

As a Tank i've gotten him low, but like supafreak said use T7's aoes, along with your force Sweep, and the clones usually go down easy peazzy. After that its about intterupts..

However, last couple of times I've done it i've just been going for speed so I bring a geared up buddy, :D.

IMHO, the fight was a little bit easy. Level 50 Guardian (Darth Malak), Champion/Centurion Vindicator set, T7-01 improperly geared. Mixed Vigilance and Defense tree (up to tier 4 Defense and Up to Overhead Slash in the Vigilance tree). The this is that you must not let him cast his "Force Push" as this will be a one hit skill. Force Kick will come in really handy. Sometimes it goes down to fate (imagine him casting the Force Push when your Force Kick is halfway through cooling down...). Make sure you start the battle with enure. Pop relics and saber ward halfway through the fight. Use Medpack when at around 60-70% health then pretty much it's just focusing on your rotation and timing your interrupts. Enjoy. :)

Honestly I was a little disappointed by the fight ...

I'm just crushing the Emperor's face in and all of a sudden he disappears and multiple clones of him attack me. Imagine facing 1 elite that spawns 5+ elites @_@ On impulse I popped my defensive CDs and tried everything I could to live. T7 was dead at this point and the spawns kept coming. Oddly enough there were less elites than I originally thought there were. Before I knew it there was only 1 Emperor left and I'm wondering where in the world did the other ones go?! So I kill the Emporer and figure there has to be a second part to this, but there wasn't. It did give me an impending sense of doom, but it was far too brief. I was expecting him to be very easy at first, kill him, and he comes back stronger. And this would happen again and again, each time him doing something now and devastating. Lowering your morale and resources. Considering this is the Emperor himself, I was expecting to fall below 50% which never actually happened @_@

I actually want them to make this fight a lot harder >.>

Wish I saw this post when I made mine, but I had the same thoughts.

I havn't really kept up with gearing him due to using Kira or Doc throughout the storyline. And the way TOR is, you can only really focus on gearing 1 companion, while gearing the others are depending on useage and the availablity of gear drops.

Also I was very frustrated with how the Emperor fought, all those clones you had to find the real one before he fired off that 1-shot kill. I literally fought him dozens of times, encuring the wrath of my bank account (Medkits, Stims, and Repairs are very expensive at Level 50). With having a hard time racing funds to pay for upgrades and such, when you have an empty bank account.......it can really be frustrating.

They really should redo the fight. The other class final battles, like the Sith Warrior were fun. While the Emperor's, well it was lackluster given how he kicked your butt without a second thought during the first encounter. Don't tell me mind wiping 4 Jedi Masters took that much strength?

Also, like to know why Reven wasn't part of the final fight. His story supposed to be so pivotal regarding TOR and the downfall. Outside the Flashpoints, he's just an afterthought. But with the Sith Warrior, it was the opposite.

Edited by Azurian

So I've heard, if you finish the puzzle in center of the room, it gives a chest full of good T7 gear. But I had another idea..

I gave him some good gear before the emperor fight, (fair to gear up everyone anyways), and this part is VERY Important here: put a mark on the emperor before the fight, so when the clones spawn, the REAL emperor is pre-marked, and you can lure him away, and leaving T7 to fight off the clones. the Clones seem DRAMATICALLY weakened without the real Emperor leading them.

But making it a solo fight would be fun.

I went into this fight freeking out because of all the stuff I heard about it. When I got to the fight itself, it was far easier than I thought.

I'm a Watchman Sentinel with much of the of my points on the Watchman tree. I had full Recruit Weaponmaster set and a Recruit Vindicator on my main hand. T7 had a mix of green, purple, and orange moddable gear all containing lvl 50 armoring from Corellia and lvl 50 enhancements from Artifice. He also had a blue crafted shield and a Recuit pistol a picked up on Tatooine

My first try was like any other, opened with force leap, then zealous strike then went straight for the burns. I made sure I stepped away whenever he used Lightning Storm. When he started bringing in the clones, I tab targeted them until the only one left could not be one-shot-ed. When T7 was at 1/4 health I poped up unity but he still died after few moments with me seconds later with the emperor at about a centimeter of health.

It was at this point that I realized I forgot to use my interupts...:p

On the seond try I switched tactics, I focused all my attentin on the emperor and let T7 tank the clones. It was a slightly easier fight with the emperor dead, T7 with 3-digit health and me at around a quarter.

From my experience, I think this quest is indeed solo-able with the proper gear and tactics. I do acknowledge the existance of the bugs, but those aside, we have the tools and resouces to beat the quesrt without having to quest up with another player.

I actually have a theory.

Part of the reason why some people find this stage difficult is that they are expecting it to be difficult. Up to this point we've been told the emperor is some superpowered, OP, darkside force wielder that a small part of minds are rattled by it. This small part caused us to be slightly less prepared, a bit slow on the draw, and/or distract us from what is actually a pretty easy fight.

I went into this fight freeking out because of all the stuff I heard about it. When I got to the fight itself, it was far easier than I thought.

I'm a Watchman Sentinel with much of the of my points on the Watchman tree. I had full Recruit Weaponmaster set and a Recruit Vindicator on my main hand. T7 had a mix of green, purple, and orange moddable gear all containing lvl 50 armoring from Corellia and lvl 50 enhancements from Artifice. He also had a blue crafted shield and a Recuit pistol a picked up on Tatooine

My first try was like any other, opened with force leap, then zealous strike then went straight for the burns. I made sure I stepped away whenever he used Lightning Storm. When he started bringing in the clones, I tab targeted them until the only one left could not be one-shot-ed. When T7 was at 1/4 health I poped up unity but he still died after few moments with me seconds later with the emperor at about a centimeter of health.

It was at this point that I realized I forgot to use my interupts...:p

On the seond try I switched tactics, I focused all my attentin on the emperor and let T7 tank the clones. It was a slightly easier fight with the emperor dead, T7 with 3-digit health and me at around a quarter.

From my experience, I think this quest is indeed solo-able with the proper gear and tactics. I do acknowledge the existance of the bugs, but those aside, we have the tools and resouces to beat the quesrt without having to quest up with another player.

I actually have a theory.

Part of the reason why some people find this stage difficult is that they are expecting it to be difficult. Up to this point we've been told the emperor is some superpowered, OP, darkside force wielder that a small part of minds are rattled by it. This small part caused us to be slightly less prepared, a bit slow on the draw, and/or distract us from what is actually a pretty easy fight.

No, it's not about expectations. I went into this fight cold, not having read anything about it. I pretty much instantly figured out that:

the clones were one-shot kills

...but I kept dying because the Emperor would use his insane one-shot pushback/instakill on me while I was:

sorting through another wave of the clones.

Can't interrupt him if you don't have him targeted, and you can't kill the adds if you're wasting time trying to dodge the Emperor's attacks.

This fight is just another piece of proof that instant-death mechanisms in quests are just stupid game design.

The sad thing is, these devs know this. They've even written about it. But they did it anyway. And they STILL haven't altered the thing.

And before anyone calls me a nub, I will point out that my Knight/Guardian is my 3rd level-50 character, following my Shadow and my Commando. I also have a level-43 Scoundrel and a level-35 Telekinetics-spec Sage. I fought my way through all the Consular class quests on my Shadow, so I know what a difficult fight is like. (HINT: That notorious fight at the end of the Alderaan arc for Consulars is a LOT easier for a Sage than a Shadow, but I digress.) This is far worse than "difficult." It's like being randomly targeted by an orbital laser while fighting other mobs. I know, I know... it's the Emperor, and he's lived for a couple thousand years, and he's supposed to be powerful -- but seriously? Do we HAVE to have a foe that has the equivalent of the finger of God? Even granting that he's the Emperor?

It's just plain sad that so many players feel like they have to luck out by bugging the fight, or pushing him down the stairs, just to advance their class quest.

UPDATE: I managed to kill the Emperor shortly after I posted this reply. And no, I beat him fair and square, no exploits or exotic maneuvers like Force-pushing him down to the first floor.

Now, even though I beat him, I will say that I think this is the most poorly-designed boss fight of all the class stories I have played so far. The Emperor is basically an all-or-nothing opponent. Either he manages to blow you away with his instant-kill pushback shot, or he goes down like a house of cards. If the former, he feels impossible. If the latter, he feels anticlimactic, to the point that I understand why people were saying the fight felt too easy.

So, to anyone who would like to know the approach that worked for me, here it is:

I upgraded all my T7 droid's gear -- moddable droid gear in every slot and blue level-49 Commando-22 armor inserts and mods from my Cybertech, blue level-49 defense enhancement mods from my Artificer, and a new moddable blaster with a purple level-49 Commando barrel from my Armstech. Then I went into the fight with T7's stance set to Sentry Process (his tanking stance), so that he would draw all the mobs' aggro after the Emperor did his disappear-and-clone routine. This gave me the time to tab through all the targets and give them a whack until I found the Emperor again. And with his new gear, T7 was now tough enough to absorb some punishment. (In fact, he survived the fight.) When I'd found the Emperor, I would then taunt him off T7, while letting T7 deal with any remaining clones.

Once I would have the Emperor by himself, I did a bit of pillar dancing to break line-of-sight, but mostly just interrupted his big attack, either with a Kick, or an Awe. And once my droid and I started dishing out the pain in earnest, the fight ended quickly. I think the whole thing lasted less than a minute. He basically only got off two waves of adds before he died.

Edited by Spectus
Updated to reveal my winning strategy

• 3 weeks later...
Just to give a quick update, we are fixing a couple of issues we found with the fight where it wasn't functioning as designed. Thanks for your input as it allowed us to isolate the problems much quicker!

Ok...this is from January. I haven't read the rest of the way through the thread yet, but I'm curious...when do you expect these changes to be complete? I've read from page one through 20 or so, and all the problems that are described there are exactly what I'm experiencing now, in July. Is there any plan to make this a solo-able quest, or do I need to try to find strangers to help me finish the story?

EDIT: I should be more specific. There seems to be an instant death bug, that causes me to just die suddenly even when I have nearly full health. No warning, no chance to interrupt, just dead - do not pass go, do not collect $200. This has happened to me four times now, once when I had over 90% health remaining - that's just silly.

Edited by Davest

I did this on my third attempt with my lvl 50 tank specced guardian in crappy leveling gear. Also my T7 unit had gear that was from when I picked him up at lvl 10 and I still did it.

I did it like this:

It's easy if you know the tactic....

1) send in T7...

2) watch him die in less than 10 seconds

3)nuke emperor and pop a cd everytime you fight him one on one

4) when he splits into several go behind a pillar

5) as the clones come for you use your rage builiding attack(cuz its fastest) to dispose of them fast

until only the emperor is left (yes they die in one hit so no its not hard to kill them liars)

6) nuke emperor, use cd's

7) repeat steps 4-7 until he's dead

Grats on being a Jedi Master who had to cheat at his exam to become it! :D

Also lol to people who said they couldnt damage clones... they die in one hit brainiac. Come back when you actually tried more than once, lazy git.

I must have gotten REALLY lucky my first time through. My T7 was only partially ready and I decided to go in and try it. I used all interrupts and aoe attacks and after a couple tries he was dead. I had to use health packs, etc, but who doesn't ?

From the sounds ofit, the fight hasn't been tweaked much and is stopping people cold. Best of luck to you all.

This discussion is still active? :eek:

I was posting tactics here long time ago but it seems its time to do it again...

Everything a JK must do at this fight is INTERRUPT Emperors <Lightning Blast> (if i remember skill's name correctly - channel ability, can't miss it)

T7 WILL die in less then 10 sec so you are on your own entire fight. And as for clones, simple AoE attack will kill them. Clones don't appear so often so Force Sweep will be always ready to kill them.

You don't even have to change targets, so you can see if emperor is trying to use his strong attack or not.

NOTE! Force leap, stasis, push and awe can be used as interrupts. USE THEM

This fight isn't hard! Just pay attention on what the hell is going on -.-

Did this fight over the weekend on my 49 sentinel, and while having to use T7 was less than ideal just because of the constant downtime between fights so that I could recover its health, the fight itself was so easy that I could have done it 2 levels earlier if I had to. The character is a cybertech so the armoring and mods were up to date for myself and T7, and I've got every other profession to 400 on my account aside from armstech so I had blues at minimum everywhere else, and that will offer some advantages.

Sufficed to say, the fight shouldn't be difficult for anyone who uses all of their class skills properly, much like every other encounter in this game.

The instance was changed to be much easier than it was at release. It used to be that -getting- to the final fight was almost impossible. That has been fixed (along with some but not all of the bugs and exploits).

Heres what I did

Bought recruit gear

got extra gear from optional chest for t7

smacked him around and used anything to stop his channeling.

a few mins later, he's dead.

This. My Watchman-spec Sent took him down on the first time with both myself and T7 higher than 50% health the whole time, no Heroic Moment or Saber Guard used. Recruit gear is (probably) a huge upgrade from what you've been playing with up until lvl 50, so make sure you get it. It's free now, so there's really no reason not to get it. Keeping T7 spec'd also helps a lot; if you don't do it over the course of the last chapter planets, find a cybertech to make stuff for you or hit the GTN. Don't worry about the clones, just keep hammering away on the Emperor and interrupting everything you can. Do this and you'll breeze through the fight.

Force Blast just smashed me about 15 times in a row as a Combat Sentinel.

I interrupted it twice, once with Force Stasis once with Awe, whilst getting rid of his 3rd lot of adds, then he just charged it up again and killed me.

Force Sweep didn't interrupt it at all.

So much for the Jedi Knight story being finished any time soon.

My first toon aswell, I was looking forward to moving on :(

HOW to SOLO the final boss fight with Emperor and live for Guardian or Sentinel. I smashed my brain against this wall for some time before i figured out the trick, and it is actually a really EASY (face roll fight) once you figure it out. After the clones come out, the Emperor will periodically do a very devastating Force slam the will kill T7 and then all the clones move to you as well as the Emperor, you will try to burn the clones and then Emperor will force slam and if you are a Sentinel as I was BAM your dead.

HOW to beat this: After the Clones come out the REAL Emperor will hang back for a sec and cast lighting while the clones run in. Target him and ignore the clones they will go to T7. Then watch for a cast bar on the REAL Emperor for an ability similar to Inquisitor's Overload ability. Force Kick this cast, move him to clones and use Force Sweep and Cyclone Slash to kill clones while remaining on the REAL Emperor and Interupting his Overload. You will need Health Stims so bring some. I also suggest respecing to Watchman if you are a Sentinel as the minute amount of self healing is better that nothing. Before you know it he will be dead and you are alive.

The Emperor's Overload abilty is the key to the whole fight so watch for it. Interrupt as much of his abilities as you want but always have one interrupt available to catch Overload.

Edited by Grayhl

HOW to SOLO the final boss fight with Emperor and live for Guardian or Sentinel. I smashed my brain against this wall for some time before i figured out the trick, and it is actually a really EASY (face roll fight) once you figure it out. After the clones come out, the Emperor will periodically do a very devastating Force slam the will kill T7 and then all the clones move to you as well as the Emperor, you will try to burn the clones and then Emperor will force slam and if you are a Sentinel as I was BAM your dead.

HOW to beat this: After the Clones come out the REAL Emperor will hang back for a sec and cast lighting while the clones run in. Target him and ignore the clones they will go to T7. Then watch for a cast bar on the REAL Emperor for an ability similar to Inquisitor's Overload ability. Force Kick this cast, move him to clones and use Force Sweep and Cyclone Slash to kill clones while remaining on the REAL Emperor and Interupting his Overload. You will need Health Stims so bring some. I also suggest respecing to Watchman if you are a Sentinel as the minute amount of self healing is better that nothing. Before you know it he will be dead and you are alive.

The Emperor's Overload abilty is the key to the whole fight so watch for it. Interrupt as much of his abilities as you want but always have one interrupt available to catch Overload.

I suppose you could do that but...

Why would you waste time trying to interrupt him so much, when you can just put yourself behind a pillar each time clones spawn? That way you can one hit them one by one until the real emperor is close, I think I interrupted once during my fight, I didn't have "call on the force" and I didn't have any health stims.

I suppose you could do that but...

Why would you waste time trying to interrupt him so much, when you can just put yourself behind a pillar each time clones spawn? That way you can one hit them one by one until the real emperor is close, I think I interrupted once during my fight, I didn't have "call on the force" and I didn't have any health stims.

Because interrupting is very easy to do? People might as well get used to interrupting bosses since they will be doing a lot of that in both PvP and PvE.

T7 has an emp attack that can kill all of the clones at once - when I did the fights sweep didn't hurt them. But the clones don't hit too hard anyways.

I did the fight most recently on a level 47 - you don't need spectacular gear to beat him. Just make sure you interrupt the main attack.