BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the non-loot problem when I did it on the 17th (so not sure if still applicable). It is not an out of range issue or what not, it simply doesn't loot. When I did it, I also had an issue where there was an instance of the non-clickable chest overlapping the clickable chest. I could still click to attempt to loot the lootable version chest in which areas of the non-lootable chest that the lootable chest were clipping through.

I also ran into the one-hit kill bug in which he instantly died straight off the bat.

Same kiled him at level 48 cause of that bug (after wiping 15342234 times) when i rezzed and came back he had 555 hp and i 1 shot em >:D

I just made it to the Emperor today. After trying (and dieing) about 10 times, I just gave up.

I first tried to drag the Emperor into the hallway. He followed for a few steps, then the fight would reset. I tried this a few times, each time, I would hit him to keep his aggro, but that did not work. He would not fight me or T7 in the hallway.

When I tried fighting him in his chamber, I would get him down to about 1/2 health. And, no matter what my heath was or where I was in the chamber in relation to him, he would automatically kill me.

I tried starting the fights with Saber Throw, with Force Leap, and with Force Push. None of these helped. I tried staying on top of the platform and letting T7 deal with him, but T7 died within a few seconds each time.

I may go back later and try some strategies that others have recommended. I can only hope that fight will bug and I can beat him with one hit, but I can't rely on that.

Edited by marcusaxavier

I just made it to the Emperor today. After trying (and dieing) about 10 times, I just gave up.

I first tried to drag the Emperor into the hallway. He followed for a few steps, then the fight would reset. I tried this a few times, each time, I would hit him to keep his aggro, but that did not work. He would not fight me or T7 in the hallway.

When I tried fighting him in his chamber, I would get him down to about 1/2 health. And, no matter what my heath was or where I was in the chamber in relation to him, he would automatically kill me.

I tried starting the fights with Saber Throw, with Force Leap, and with Force Push. None of these helped. I tried staying on top of the platform and letting T7 deal with him, but T7 died within a few seconds each time.

I may go back later and try some strategies that others have recommended. I can only hope that fight will bug and I can beat him with one hit, but I can't rely on that.

So, you've decided to give up and hope for a bug, instead of paying attention to his 6 second cast ability and then using Force Kick to stop it...

So, you've decided to give up and hope for a bug, instead of paying attention to his 6 second cast ability and then using Force Kick to stop it...
I had no indication that he was casting anything. At least some of his spells involve the target under my toon, but he kept killing me and I had no idea it was coming.

Maybe I'll try again and not rely on the bug. But, I need to get enough credits stacked up to pay for all of the death penalties first.

Level 49 combat sentinel, had no idea what I was doing, died twice, figured it out, killed him on third attempt. This fight is a bit of a challenge, but it is not QQ hard.

The biggest part is to make sure to interrupt him. As long as you do that it shouldn't be that challenging.

I had heard about the challenge of this fight beforehand, so I was expecting some trouble.

I wasn't aware that you could only use T7, so my first order of business was to jump back to the fleet and gear him up as best I could. Grabbing some good (but cheap) parts off of the GTN and using some leftover Voss/Corellia commendations, I was able to get him to about 850 AIM/Endurance which isn't bad at all.

As for myself, I was geared out in all oranges with nearly total purple upgrades in each of them. I crafted my own crystals, hilts and enhancements and then managed to score purple mods/armoring off the GTN. Cost me a pretty penny but was worth it.

My first attempt I wasn't paying attention and got blown into oblivion by his one skill. After figuring out that it was like a one-hit kill, I made sure to interrupt it after that. I managed to complete the fight with about 50 percent life and T7 with a shred of HP left. It was over and I was expected a second round or third round (like any Final Fantasy end-game boss) but nothing.

Frankly, I was disappointed. I don't know if they nerfed it or whatever but oh well. It was certainly annoying dealing with all the stupid clones or whatever, but it wasn't very challenging for me. I was properly leveled (50 since Voss) and properly geared and rolled through it.

I don't know, not a big deal for me.

Turn off enemy NPC tags it makes the fight much easier. I died the first two times because he would get lost in his clones and I would be trying to interrupt the wrong guy turned off npc tags and I was able to focus on him. I finished with 50 health T7 still alive using zen to kill off the clones.

Use your interrupt then? That's entirely on you not playing well.

You gotta love when people dont read your posts havent you? Did you even notice my post before my previous? hint its on the previous page.

But yah you be a helpful person then... oh but no thats too much effort isnt it? Its much easier jsut to make a snide comment that because people are struggling they are automatically poor players.... perhaps im a casual gamer? Perhaps i dont want to dedicate 10,000 hours of my life to playing a game having one million hotbuttons? Maybe jsut maybe I even have a life outside of games? The horror!!!!

You gotta love when people dont read your posts havent you? Did you even notice my post before my previous? hint its on the previous page.

But yah you be a helpful person then... oh but no thats too much effort isnt it? Its much easier jsut to make a snide comment that because people are struggling they are automatically poor players.... perhaps im a casual gamer? Perhaps i dont want to dedicate 10,000 hours of my life to playing a game having one million hotbuttons? Maybe jsut maybe I even have a life outside of games? The horror!!!!

Overreact much ?

Casual gamer means someone who plays casual every now and then, like most of us.

Casual does not mean idiot. All you have to do is play the game, when you have time. You then learn your abilities and what they do. if you cannot handle the number of buttons then play another class.

It doesn't take a genious to figure out the only things you need to do is interrupt and make sure you are geared. They both happen if you play the game casually.

There you go, all done and achieved by you , in game.

Personally i cannot figure out how can someone reach that level and still not have a clue ho to play their own class and not figure out what an interupt is for.

Stop using the casual excuse, it's really old.

and again you didnt read my original post now did you?

But that would require thinking wouldnt it? Personally i cannot think how someone can comment on statements without reading the prior comments.... Especially when its been aluded to in a post... jeez

Edited by SoRob

Guys I know it might be frustrating but hey... it's the last boss after all, so you should just make more flashpoint get better gear (assuming you can just leave if you fail the quest) than just retry it... because I haven't fought the last boss yet but I better hope he's still a challenge and not a f****** P**** because you can't beat him XD So gear up a lot with T7, yourself buy some medpac adn get ready to save the galaxy :)

At level 40 I give up on story and start pvp. I am in full champion gear now than I decided to finish the story. Whit all the damage of my sentinel I only drop him to % 20.....

So stop saying get better gear....

This fight wasn't fun, then I figured it out. Get T7 geared up with the chest. A must. Once you do this the fight becomes more manageable. I did this as a Defense specced Jedi Guardian

Here's what I did...pre-fight, I set T7 to DPS mode. I then started with a Saber Throw, waited a second, then Force Leap to the Emperor whenever ends up. Once I hit 5 stacks of armor reduction (Sundering Strike+Guardian Slash), I set T7 to tank mode. T7 can tank the mobs and have them focus on him happily while I focused on the Emperor.

The key is to look for Force Blast. It's a long cast, but if he gets it off you're gonna hurt. Save your interrupts for this. For Lightning Storm (or Force Storm?), just run away from him and after he casts it he'll run over to you.

Keep this up blowing cooldowns in order, save your medpack for when you've interrupted the first Force Blast and he'll go down. It's a technically difficult fight as you need to keep your focus and trust your companion to do his job, but it is doable.

and again you didnt read my original post now did you?

But that would require thinking wouldnt it? Personally i cannot think how someone can comment on statements without reading the prior comments.... Especially when its been aluded to in a post... jeez

Asking for a fight to be made easy just because a few incapables can't do it is detrimental to the game. The fight is your final class battle, it is supposed to be a bit difficult and is perfectly doable solo.

I find it funny that you advice others to start thinking. If you did that yourself you would do this fight with no issues ... now there's some helpful advice, isn't it ?

I tried this fight roughly 5-6 times, and here's my experiences with it-

Combat Sentinel, level 50, most gear around 106, with 1 Correllia commendation hilt. I didn't have any relics, pure laziness on my part.

At first, the puzzle chest was bugged, so all my attempts except my last were with T7 in very subpar gear. I put in a ticket and logged off for about 20-30 minutes, came back and the chest was lootable.

Now, all my previous attempts I got romped hard. I came here and read a lot of posts about it all, try again... and get owned. Again. I was finding it hard to believe all the people who would say 'I did it fairly easily, you just gotta get it right'. So I logged off, took a walk, came back... And, not ONLY was the chest suddenly lootable for me, but I handled the fight like a pro. I actually found myself thinking 'Man, why was that so hard before?'

So my advice- It's doable. Line of sight the Emp's lightning casts, whack-a-mole the clones, and just stick with it. Interrupt the Force Blast cast, Awe and Force Stasis work, and Force Leap. It's a long enough cast, you CAN get enough range to Leap if you move fast. If it frustrates you, step away for a minute. But it CAN be done.

Edited by Failbringer
Gear level

I have avoided these spoiler threads until now...which is to say, I just completed my class quest.

I thought all of the ranting would be about how anti-climactic the Emperor engagement was, or how underwhelming the combat itself was. I wasn't expecting people to complain about how hard he is...:eek: I stumbled through this combat badly, and still beat the Emperor first time. :(... All of the fake emperors buzzing around confused me to the point I was just mashing buttons blindly...not even paying attention to my normal routine during boss fights.

I had T7 on full tank mode, but I also couldn't find any decent mods for his gear...I'd say he was averagely geared for the fight. Some 50s, but a lot of low 40s mods, and some green gear.

My gear was no great shakes either...probably a B average.

Anyway...I've had more trouble with Strong mobs than I had with the Emperor. To the point I wonder why he just didn't hire a bunch of Mine Overseers with flame DOTS from Ilum to protect him, haha.

I'd like to tell everyone what I did to take down the Emperor...but as I said, I was flailing badly.

I beat this as a fresh 50 and very low gear on T7, i didn't even do the puzzle. I did die 3 times but i prevailed in the end with about 10% health. Just gotta pop CD's and Health Packs. You need to go in to the fight with a positive attitude :D

To those who have tried and failed, try this:

Forget T-7.

Get a level 50 to help you, better yet, get two. Use one of their companions until you get to the place where you need T7 to open the door. Only use him for this!

Sure, it diminishes the story line, but if you've tried and failed a dozen times, the story is ruined anyway.

And besides, why would the Jedi council send only one person to kill a Sith as powerful as the Emperor?? :(

Don't listen to those who tell you it's easy, or that they beat it on the first try. That's nice for them, but has nothing to do with you. Personally, I don't believe anyone who says that, anyway. :rolleyes:

As a Watchman Sentinel, this fight is a cakewalk. My T7 was geared half-assedly as well. I just completely ignored all the clones (T7 kept them busy, and actually didn't die) and stayed on the boss. With Force Kick, Force Stasis and talented Force Leap, there's absolutely no reason this fight should be hard for Watchman.

As a Watchman Sentinel, this fight is a cakewalk. My T7 was geared half-assedly as well. I just completely ignored all the clones (T7 kept them busy, and actually didn't die) and stayed on the boss. With Force Kick, Force Stasis and talented Force Leap, there's absolutely no reason this fight should be hard for Watchman.

This.

I did it yesterday as newly dinged lvl 50 guardian, with T7 in a mix of lvl 30ish and 50ish gear. He even survived the whole fight.

So after reading more of this post, I believe BW must have retuned this fight to make it easier. Which is fine. The frustration people experienced was really not cool.

As for the puzzle...heh, I didn't even realize there was a puzzle. I mean, I saw the wall tiles and the red lights on the floor, but there was no contextual explanation as to what it was for or why I should bother. I clicked on one of the tiles, and it did nothing. So I left it and forgot about it.

My main problem is the sheer number of shadows all casting lighting effects at once gives me massive lag, at least i think that this is what it must be i cant work out any other reason when the games been seamless the rest of the time on the settings im on.

As for the one saying I wont it easier not so much I asked for advice which im happy some people have given. I shall no doubt have another go at this.... once ive played my new trooper some more :)