BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After completing this fight last night, I would highly recommend grabbing a guildmate or asking around in chat for help. I attempted the fight 5-6 times before I asked for assistance. Once my Trooper Vanguard came in with me, it was a piece of cake.

Ok, this is ridiculous!

I'm a level 50 guardian. My T7 haven't been upgraded ever! I did the puzzle but the chest won't open!

I tried it at least 30 times, I could get him to 50% hp.

I tried several tactics written here, read all the 41 pages of posts but not even that helped!

I haven't invited anybody to help me because this should be solo doable!

I'm sorry but I just can't believe those guys who said they did it easily and were only on 80% of their hp.

I've been playing this game because of the story, not the mmorpg part. And this comes and I just can't finish the story.

Serious changes should be made to that fight, really soon!

if you focus on the real one(does all the damage) its quite simple did it my first try its not impossible and i did ii when people were complaining about him back oh lets say Jan 3 came out with about 55% of my health left and im dps specced...or maybe your just undergeared:D

Having some issues with this fight as well. I am able to dispatch the clones and fight him one on one with little issue. I rarely drop below 50% health. The issue I am having is, once I get him to 10-20% health, he one shots me no matter what my health is. I seem to be unable to interrupt the attack, or break LoS from it. Either way I get launched across the room and die instantly even if I was at 80% health or more. I'm not worried about T7 and actually find it easier to fight the Emperor without him out, as then I don't have to chase the damned guy around.

Also, AoE attacks seem to not hurt the clones, only direct targeted attacks.

I tried the trick where you lure him to the stairs and push him off a few times, but he always breaks aggro and runs away no matter how close I stay to him and how much damage I do..

So far I have brought him down to 10% health about 10 times, and each time he blasts me across the room in one hit when I am at 50-90% hp... Is it a bug? Should I be able to interrupt that attack? I saved Force stasis/shove and kick for the end just in case but none seem to be working. I also can;t seem to get him down past 2% before that attack goes off.

Ideas?

The last in a LONG line of just rediculously overly difficult "solo" fights.

I mean seriously.

I can understand making the fight challenging, but it honesly feels like it was schlepped together, looked "good" on paper, was put in the game, and NEVER tested. There are so many great aspects to the game and the jedi quest line and then several of the fights alone the way feel amature.

Anyway, I hope that they "fix" the fights ....preferably the jedi knight class and soon.

I've played MMO games for several years as either DPS or Tank. This final battle (along with the chest bug, yes mine is bugged too) is ridiculous.

I reached level 50 over the weekend, finished up the Corellia quest line and now I've hit a brick wall.

I've interrupted every cast I can. Slash and hack at each spawn three times to kill and I just can't get this one. So basically, the end game quest is not solo-able and therefore I can't get to the daily quest line to get better gear. And so, end game content is locked to those of us who want to "play as intended" and solo the class quest line.

Extremely Dissatisfied Customer Signing out.

I've played MMO games for several years as either DPS or Tank. This final battle (along with the chest bug, yes mine is bugged too) is ridiculous.

I reached level 50 over the weekend, finished up the Corellia quest line and now I've hit a brick wall.

I've interrupted every cast I can. Slash and hack at each spawn three times to kill and I just can't get this one. So basically, the end game quest is not solo-able and therefore I can't get to the daily quest line to get better gear. And so, end game content is locked to those of us who want to "play as intended" and solo the class quest line.

Extremely Dissatisfied Customer Signing out.

Glad you are signing out because honestly if you can't figure out how to ignore the adds and deeps the main guy down, you shouldn't be playing these types of games. Don't try just one strategy, its easy as pie did it at 49.....sent not guard btw. You can do it man just try and don't throw your hands up at the slightest challenge, you give thinking gamers a bad name.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Shizoma

Am I the only person who liked that battle with Emperor? I was heavily overlvled for all previous bosses and at least the last was challenging. Srsly, what do you expect? You want fight with EMPEROR to be easy? Come on guys. It has to be hard, it's not undoable, it's just pretty hard. Did it in my 3rd try. T7 was useless, i just ignored all the clones spawning and kept DPSing the Emperor. Then he went down pretty easy.

Don't nerf class quest boss fights BioWare. They're not that hard if you understand 'the mechanics' of the fight. Really, it's all about interrupting.

Just completed today - second attempt. First attempt T7 was in level 19 gear :( after that went back to fleet and spent 200k on him :mad:

Second time in I just went for it and was surprised that it went so well - good advice on here is true - don't forget AWE. I had the chance to use it twice in the fight and it makes all the different. T7 even survived with me. The fight looks a lot worse that it was...

<edit> The chest with the glyphs is still bugged.

Edited by originalpodster

It's been said many times now but I'll say it again: It's common knowledge that you have to fight the Emperor and can only use T7. From level 48-50 you should be worrying about collecting gear for T7 from all of your quests that you are completing.

When I first did the fight I had T7 tank him. He was killed pretty quickly but I was able to finish off the Emperor and thankfully one shot the quest. The name of the game is interrupts.

Just did it yesterday, killed him on 4th try. Only took it that much because I was pretty stupid :p

On Corellia, just get a few rewards for T7-01. I got around 6 pieces for him. The cores, the motor, a blaster... nothing too much.

Then in the fight, I should've kept the emperor on my target. However, in the first attempts, I tried to kill others. So, on my last try, just focused on him (T7-01 killed all others), I just kept interrupting him.

- Kick

- Force Stasis

- Kick

- <that talent skill that stuns>

- Kick

- Force Push

- Kick

- Awe

... then he was dead. I was 50, but after I cared about interrupting him, and only him, it was a walk on the park.

This fight has been nerfed from it's original super hard incarnation.

If you're still having trouble with it, you're doing something wrong. You're either not using all the abilities you have available to you, or you're not paying attention to what's killing you and repeating the same mistake over and over.

It's an easy fight now.

This fight has been nerfed from it's original super hard incarnation.

If you're still having trouble with it, you're doing something wrong. You're either not using all the abilities you have available to you, or you're not paying attention to what's killing you and repeating the same mistake over and over.

It's an easy fight now.

I was able to finish it after the initial tries. I logged back in the next day and it no longer seemed to be bugged, and I stomped him. Now that I have finished it, it is fairly easy. Though it does seem to have some bugs attributed to it that might pop up. For me, logging out then back in seemed to fix all the issues I was having. I think I killed him in less than a minute.

When I fought him again I was able to interrupt his attacks and he no longer was able to one shot me from 90% HP. So, yes, easy fight when you don't have a bug holding you back. I half went in expecting to die a few more times but had a quick vicious fight instead, was fun.

Finished it today. HUGE disappointment. After dying five or six times, T7 got him with the one-shot bug.

Yes, that's right, the Emperor of the Sith was killed by a static discharge from an astromech droid.

My final verdict: EA/BioWare has created a so-so MMO and a weak single player RPG. Really regretting that 6-month subscription right now...

Having some issues with this fight as well. I am able to dispatch the clones and fight him one on one with little issue. I rarely drop below 50% health. The issue I am having is, once I get him to 10-20% health, he one shots me no matter what my health is. I seem to be unable to interrupt the attack, or break LoS from it. Either way I get launched across the room and die instantly even if I was at 80% health or more. I'm not worried about T7 and actually find it easier to fight the Emperor without him out, as then I don't have to chase the damned guy around.

Also, AoE attacks seem to not hurt the clones, only direct targeted attacks.

I tried the trick where you lure him to the stairs and push him off a few times, but he always breaks aggro and runs away no matter how close I stay to him and how much damage I do..

So far I have brought him down to 10% health about 10 times, and each time he blasts me across the room in one hit when I am at 50-90% hp... Is it a bug? Should I be able to interrupt that attack? I saved Force stasis/shove and kick for the end just in case but none seem to be working. I also can;t seem to get him down past 2% before that attack goes off.

Ideas?

Sounds like you're running into a bug. I did it a few nights ago and did not get hit with a killer ability that I could not interrupt. As I'm sure you'd agree, without getting auto-hit by that killer ability this fight is now a joke. It used to be impossible, but post-nerf it's a bit of a let down. I've had harder fights against multiple strongs than him.

For those who are posting post nerf I seem to hear two reasons for failure. One is ComradeShotguns: apparent bugs. The other is people who say they try and kill the adds. This guy casts constantly: if you're killing adds you're almost certainly letting big Force abilities get through because you can't target the adds and him at the same time. The adds hit for nothing...ignore them. If T7 gathers them up and takes them down, great, if not you can probably still do it. Let his Lightning Strike through...it doesn't do too much damage. This should allow you to interrupt everything else. For his abilities with long cast times, wait till they're about 75% complete instead of interrupting immediately...that will let you get in 1 extra attack while he's doing nothing to you.

As for T7 chest being bugged. Yup, it was bugged for me too. But if you walk all the way out of the instance (get on shuttle and walk ALL the way to green screen) and reset it (Right click over your icon, Phase->Reset local instance) you can then fight your way back to the chest. It will be there (you don't have to resolve the puzzle) and now you can open it. Post nerf the trash is both easy, and quick...you can walk around most of the mobs and only have to actually fight about 7 groups. Whole thing will add about 15-20 minutes to your quest.

TLDR: Ignore adds. Interrupt everything but Lightning Strike. Hope you don't hit bugs.

After dying uncountable times, spending I-don't-know-how-many 100k credits on repair on my Jedi Knight Sentinel and upgrades on the T7-can (and also, after reenter the phase, succeeding in open the chest with upgrades to him/it/she), I finally defeated the Emperor.

And... actually I haven't a clue how I did it. I think it involved letting him beat up the T7 while I was hammering on him, trying to interrupt him as much as could, using my shields, injecting healing stims ...but I'm really not sure which was the crucial thing, maybe it was all of it.

Now, if I want to do it all again, just to see if I can or maybe find out if there is valid tactics that you can use every time. Is it possible in some way to restart the fight without starting with a new character from the beginning? Or is this the only way to experience the fight once more?

Edited by ReiLar

I hate to say such a cheezy thing, but after the nerf...I feel like the great Emporer was turned into a lvl 1 training droid. Sooooo sooo simple, I 1 shot him the other night. Here is how, no bugs or glitches included.

Pillar hump. That is all.

He wont be able to pull off a single spell, just spin around the pillars swining 1-2 times each time you pass by. Line of Sight on a caster mob is your best friend, no need for interupts.

As many others have stated recently, I almost felt cheated after I 1 shot him with 80% of my health left and a quick 2 minute fight.

For first time MMO players, if a caster mob cant see you...they cant hit you. Also, dont let his fearsome sith lightsaber fool you. It's just for show, he doesnt hit with it. Just keep spinning around the pillar, it will constantly interupt his casting automatically and slap him once or twice as you run by. Just stop for a breif moment to 1 shot each of his clones then back to spinning around the pillars.

May the force be with you!