HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

Crying didn't help the people who found this on the PTS (just like those who cried that HK should be soloable and not require FP's).

They didn't change it then, so why would they change it now?

Deal with it. The purpose of HK 51 is that it's making you try out different things: Solo play, PvP, Group Content, and having an alt on the opposite faction. I spent a couple hours last night and I'm at the FP Foundy HM. Debating if I want to solo that like I did FE Normal. =P

Hey LP,

If you do solo Foundry HM. Please write up your extreme solo experience. :)

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't that bad at all,if you stay with the groups you can find it pretty fast, I had 5/7 pieces last night and that was just with stickign with the groups that were looking fotr the pieces did False Emperor this morning, so now just one last piece to get.

I don't really get this, or any post where people say "you're making me GROUP with people to get a quest piece?"

If quest pieces weren't challenging to get, where would the sense of accomplishment come from when you finally achieve it?

Saying you're forced to pvp like someone has a gun to your head is BS. If you aren't willing to work for it, don't get it?

It's like saying

"you're making me travel to 5 planets??? I'm more of a 4 planet travel kind of guy."

or

"you're making me group with 3 people I don't know in a flashpoint??? whaaaat?"

Does anyone remember the epic quests in EQ?

Those were legendary quests that had all kinds of components, including ridiculously hard to attain raid pieces, solo camps, group encounters, and weeks of playing.

People are complaining about a little pvp (potentially) and some grouping, for something you can realistically get in a day?

Quit whining.

This thread demonstrates WHY a lot of players don't like to PvP (and in some cases to not do anything multiplayer at all): because they don't want their leisure time dictated by a bunch of immature players who have nothing better to do than to grief and hurl insults.

This is especially true in a game like this where the main draw for many players was the solo, story aspect. It's an MMO so do MMO stuff, right? Well, a lot of people actually wanted KOTOR 3, and are playing SWTOR in that way.

People feel strongly enough about this to actually quit the game, even for something this small. Part of it is the utter lack of respect on the part of EA for people's chosen style of gameplay (PvE, not PvP), but also because this game has such a dearth of new content that something like this is actually pretty huge in relative terms.

I've already canceled and shifted my sub to a different game. Yes, I will avoid getting hit by the door on the way out.

This thread demonstrates WHY a lot of players don't like to PvP (and in some cases to not do anything multiplayer at all): because they don't want their leisure time dictated by a bunch of immature players who have nothing better to do than to grief and hurl insults.

This is especially true in a game like this where the main draw for many players was the solo, story aspect. It's an MMO so do MMO stuff, right? Well, a lot of people actually wanted KOTOR 3, and are playing SWTOR in that way.

People feel strongly enough about this to actually quit the game, even for something this small. Part of it is the utter lack of respect on the part of EA for people's chosen style of gameplay (PvE, not PvP), but also because this game has such a dearth of new content that something like this is actually pretty huge in relative terms.

I've already canceled and shifted my sub to a different game. Yes, I will avoid getting hit by the door on the way out.

Wow lol! You quit over something as optional as this?! Enjoy whatever game you head off to.

Also, don't classify PvPers in a group like you did. I take great offense to being called a "greifer" or immature. If I were to hurl the same type of general insults at RPers, I'd expect a ban.

You mean like the way they make pvpers PvE to get him?

Companions aren't allowed in Warzones and if you're PvPing in the open world planet questing areas, you'd generally be in a group with no companion.

So yes, obtaining HK-51 should only have PvE requirements.

The reqirements are fine the way they are. There are people out there who strictly pvp but are "forced" to pve for the first 10 levels of the game. This questline alone "forces" pvpers to do pve flashpoints. enjoy the game for what it is and if you really can't go into a pvp zone for 5 minutes (or a flashpoint for 30) to further the quest then I really do feel sorry for you. My lvl 41 toon walked right in bought the transistor and walked right out with no problem.

at first i thought it would be a disaster doing this part of the quest and in time it still can be. however last night our guild group went in and had no problems. i told my guildies i think those flagged imps there were as concerned about us pvping them as we were about them pvping us.

this weekend when more people are doing alts and guilds get together i can see a problem on pve servers for griefing. on pvp servers this is why you rolled on that server so just suck it up buttercup.

Hey LP,

If you do solo Foundry HM. Please write up your extreme solo experience. :)

I'll admit, it'll be tough... and slow. I'd feel better if I got the i63 barrel for my healing companion. It regular FE it was fairly easy... I'd say FE normal is about the same level (if not easier) than Heroic End of Torvix.

The reason it would be slow is that I can see I might have to hold off on each boss until I had heroic moment up every time.

Might not be possible for my marauder though. Will let you know!

Also, if I could do it doesn't mean that HM FP's are soloable... as it's not fair to average solo player as I'm pretty much BiS DG-level gear and my healing companion has full BH gear minus barrels.

I'll admit, it'll be tough... and slow. I'd feel better if I got the i63 barrel for my healing companion. It regular FE it was fairly easy... I'd say FE normal is about the same level (if not easier) than Heroic End of Torvix.

The reason it would be slow is that I can see I might have to hold off on each boss until I had heroic moment up every time.

Might not be possible for my marauder though. Will let you know!

Also, if I could do it doesn't mean that HM FP's are soloable... as it's not fair to average solo player as I'm pretty much BiS DG-level gear and my healing companion has full BH gear minus barrels.

Understood. :cool:

Companions aren't allowed in Warzones and if you're PvPing in the open world planet questing areas, you'd generally be in a group with no companion.

So yes, obtaining HK-51 should only have PvE requirements.

Lawl, you can rez-run to the guy... shouldn't take you very long to do that. Your complaining about something that shouldn't cause more than a couple mins of slow-down. As for me, for some weird reason, there were 11 guys all hanging around the area and not one attacked me... which is also weird because most were Pub side and not Imp side (like me) so I was sure they'd hit me for good measure.

Those who joined PvE severs have every right to be able to complete every collectible without having to perform any sort of mandatory PvP.

PvE'ers are the MAJORITY of the players who want to claim HK-51.

HK-51 for the best interest of the majority of those who want him, should have parts moved to a PvE area (at LEAST on pve servers)

QQ, its a MMO, you knew going into this that there would be the change of being attacked by the opposite faction, just like in ANY OTHER MMO... this is NOT and RPG, and yes, you can be killed open world, its (supposed) to be apart of the challange and fun of an MMO.

Actually, this thread demonstrates the entitlement mindset of gamers today. Everything on a silver platter or 'I leave'. I don't envy game developers who want to design things to be remotely challenging. Everyone says they want a challenge until it comes out and then they realize they can't faceroll it in an hour or two.

The fact people will quit over something so trivial is more of a personal character flaw then anything else.

Suck it up, buttercups. Get a group of friends and get it done. It's a ONE time occurence.

You are not forced to PvP you are forced to flag for PvP. It is possible to complete this quest without seeing a single PC character. It the thought of being flagged for PvP frightens you so much that you are not willing to attempt this quest you are a coward and should probably do it at off hours.

Despite the sick and twisted mentality of the sociopath griefer they will not wait around forever to kill one person every hour. The quest line isn't going anywhere stop crying and use your brain instead of your mouth.

QQ, its a MMO, you knew going into this that there would be the change of being attacked by the opposite faction, just like in ANY OTHER MMO... this is NOT and RPG, and yes, you can be killed open world, its (supposed) to be apart of the challange and fun of an MMO.

pvp are just a small part, what drive mmo are the pve. So why force people who dont want to pvp to pvp. And yes it is a rpg, its a mmorpg durr!

pvp are just a small part, what drive mmo are the pve. So why force people who dont want to pvp to pvp. And yes it is a rpg, its a mmorpg durr!

Your answer to how to avoid this is contained within this thread. I will leave it as an excersise for you to read the entire thread to find what you seek. :p

Edited by Urael

Actually, this thread demonstrates the entitlement mindset of gamers today. Everything on a silver platter or 'I leave'. I don't envy game developers who want to design things to be remotely challenging. Everyone says they want a challenge until it comes out and then they realize they can't faceroll it in an hour or two.

The fact people will quit over something so trivial is more of a personal character flaw then anything else.

Suck it up, buttercups. Get a group of friends and get it done. It's a ONE time occurence.

Um no it dont show the entitlement of the mind set. People just dont like to play a small part of the game. The pve is way bigger then the pvp. Pople play mmorpg for the pve, just a small amount of people play mmorpg for the pvp unless they are trying to play for money as in the wow stuff. And again why even have a pve content in a pvp zone?

Lawl, you can rez-run to the guy... shouldn't take you very long to do that. Your complaining about something that shouldn't cause more than a couple mins of slow-down. As for me, for some weird reason, there were 11 guys all hanging around the area and not one attacked me... which is also weird because most were Pub side and not Imp side (like me) so I was sure they'd hit me for good measure.

My post wasn't for myself but for PvE players who dislike being forced into PvP in general. I rolled on a PvP server because it doesn't phase me. On a PvP server, you'll have PvP no matter where the NPC stands, but on a PvE server, you're still being forced into world PvP that you opted out of by rolling on said server.

Your answer to how to avoid this is contained within this thread. I will leave it as an excersise for you to read the entire thread to find what you seek. :p

Ik I read the whole post, I just dont like the pvpers to jump down the people who dont like to pvp. It should be out right to pvp on our time. Not for a pve quest chain that is the only new stuff for us

My post wasn't for myself but for PvE players who dislike being forced into PvP in general. I rolled on a PvP server because it doesn't phase me. On a PvP server, you'll have PvP no matter where the NPC stands, but on a PvE server, you're still being forced into world PvP that you opted out of by rolling on said server.

Yeppers, that is why I chose to be on a pve sever so I can jsut do pve, not be force into pvp

Get him in the mail? Thats a joke. Why not just get rid of the ability bars and put a big fat I win button in the center of the screen. Log in, hit button, have max level and full end game gear. Game over. Thanks for the fish.

This is the future and its happening in games now. Just as it was in the beginning before the dark times ...before the grind....

Your whole argument makes me lmao because all your saying is there is nothing but leveling and gearing, just imagine the possibility's of content company's would have to produce if you kicked away that crutch of a level system.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree word for word with this guy. This game has been bashed so many times for it's lack of open world pvp and now they finally give you a bit and the PVE'ers are up in arms( I am mainly a PVE'er on a PvP server fyi). Yeah getting ganked sucks and i understand if your on a PVE server that it is not the type of gameplay you enjoy. However throughout this entire game there are very few spots where pub and imp story lines/area cross each other. They did it so it'd slow down(it'll never stop) the QQ of PVPers about the lack of open world. In fact PvE players really have no right to QQ about this seeing as damn near every patch has been all pve content. Though like i said before no one likes to get ganked, but its really not that bad go in the on your speeder hug a wall and get as close *** possible, sure they're going to kill you, but dont bother turning and fighting make your way towards the vendor and when you rez you have extra time in stealth you can walk right over and buy the item before you un stealth and quick travel back to the fleet. You win and it took you an extra 30 seconds max to get... assuming they only get you once

Not at all. Make it hard--that's fine. I'd rather have something hard in PvE than trivial in PvP, because I have zero desire to PvP. Been there, done that, never doing it again. Especially if it's something as griefable as open world PvP.

I know I'm not the only one. Ever see the complaints in WoW about seasonal events? Know what gets 100x the complaints over everything else? The parts that have relatively trivial PvP aspects.

And your post shows that you are one of the people who drive others away from PvP.

Edited by ptwonline