HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

What I don't get though, is why people are afraid of getting ganked anyways. I mean, it's not like you lose all your stuff when you die, asfaik you don't lose anything, only thing that changes is that your gear takes a smidgen of a beating and it takes longer for you to call a med probe.

You people amuse, yet confuse me..

Same here man..same here. even in the realm of "safe" mmo's people can complain about a "safe" video game death. They never played the original "Origin..lord British" UO. You died? your stuff is prob all gone. Even if an npc killed you he was gonna go through your stuff xD

Loved it..played it for 5 yrs..haha crying about a few safe deaths...jebus

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever played a MMO where everything is instanced? those are boring single player games posing as MMOs. When everything is instanced it basically makes it not an MMO, and turns it into a single player game which is exactly what you should be playing.

Well, when they come out with KotOR 3 as a single player game you tell me, until then we're stuck with this. I'm only going to be around until I finish running through the 8 stories.

Same here man..same here. even in the realm of "safe" mmo's people can complain about a "safe" video game death. They never played the original "Origin..lord British" UO. You died? your stuff is prob all gone. Even if an npc killed you he was gonna go through your stuff xD

Loved it..played it for 5 yrs..haha crying about a few safe deaths...jebus

Good for you. There's a reason that style of design isn't implement much anymore, people don't like it. Personally, I find it needlessly slows down the story. I like to tune my games to the point where the enemies can keep up, but I never die, it helps add the "tension" storywise of it being a difficult fight, without it slowing the game down and causing me to have to repeat any sections. All in all it's just different ways to play games, there is no superior method. It's different methods to suit different needs, some people want a "realistic" open world, other people want more of a guided storyline.

As a sidenote, that sig is ironic, right?

Edited by Revanchis

This tread (and some other missed) just shows how short PvP wannabes ******** is ...

You are simply explaining how your fun have to/would come from preventing other players to play game as they intend.

Because camping a vendor is nothing more or less than preventing other players game.

It is simply bad setup when allow you to do that.

It is not PvP daily, it is not PvP quest or Warzone one or open PvP one it is a vendor.

And nobody would believe that non PvP oriented players will learn PvP to at least middle ground just to go to one vendor.

I simply want to hear a sane explanation what exactly fun you find in harassing players in this way... anyone?

Clarification: ********** == imagination, you don't take it different I hope :cool:

Laziness in PvP programming to be handled with camping opportunities is something that BW has to explain...

It could be entire different story if there was actual PvP quests, that would provide PvP ranks, awards and so on.

Quick note on the illogical extrapolation that the possibility of griefing will lead to 24/7 inevitable griefing. This is the same kind of sky-is-falling scare approach that blind-faith political advocates fling around Facebook, and is the reason we can't have nice things (like rational discussions).

There *were* guilds trying to prevent players from completing the world events. Yep. And on PvP servers, you know what happened? It created serious, competitive PvP!! :o Thing is, HK-51 isn't a one-time event; there's no reward for griefers hanging out in Outlaw's Den, and there's no set time limit for them to play keep-away. Oh, there will *definitely* be some PvP going on when this thing goes live. Maybe even sporadically for weeks!!! But this idea that from now until the game servers are shut down in 10 years, a guild is going to camp the vendor every hour of every day--thus the innocent players of non PvP servers will never have their HK--is bunk. It's an imaginary extrapolation of a scenario that goes beyond reason. Which we call illogical.

Edited by Journeyer

Well, when they come out with KotOR 3 as a single player game you tell me, until then we're stuck with this. I'm only going to be around until I finish running through the 8 stories....I like to tune my games to the point where the enemies can keep up, but I never die, it helps add the "tension" storywise of it being a difficult fight, without it slowing the game down and causing me to have to repeat any sections.

I personally find your view points to be hilarious. Please hurry up and finish the story lines. You could finish them more quickly if your spent less time complaining on the forums. Also, if you just want to complete the story lines why do you care about the OPTIONAL HK content? On the line about you like to play games where you basically get over lvl'd then play the rest of the game over lvl'd so you never die but it adds tension, I am curious about how it adds tension to know you will never die. The tension you describe is actually created when the possibility of death is lurking behind every corner. I think when you are scared, i mean find it frustrating, to die in a video game you shouldn't play video games.

This tread (and some other missed) just shows how short PvP wannabes ******** is ...

You are simply explaining how your fun have to/would come from preventing other players to play game as they intend.

Because camping a vendor is nothing more or less than preventing other players game.

It is simply bad setup when allow you to do that.

It is not PvP daily, it is not PvP quest or Warzone one or open PvP one it is a vendor.

And nobody would believe that non PvP oriented players will learn PvP to at least middle ground just to go to one vendor.

I simply want to hear a sane explanation what exactly fun you find in harassing players in this way... anyone?

Clarification: ********** == imagination, you don't take it different I hope :cool:

Laziness in PvP programming to be handled with camping opportunities is something that BW has to explain...

It could be entire different story if there was actual PvP quests, that would provide PvP ranks, awards and so on.

^ This for the most part.

I personally find your view points to be hilarious. Please hurry up and finish the story lines. You could finish them more quickly if your spent less time complaining on the forums. Also, if you just want to complete the story lines why do you care about the OPTIONAL HK content? On the line about you like to play games where you basically get over lvl'd then play the rest of the game over lvl'd so you never die but it adds tension, I am curious about how it adds tension to know you will never die. The tension you describe is actually created when the possibility of death is lurking behind every corner. I think when you are scared, i mean find it frustrating, to die in a video game you shouldn't play video games.

That's why I said it adds tension storywise. The enemies aren't complete pushovers and can whittle your health down a bit, maybe drop a few party members, but can't kill you. It's a fine balance to maintain. I don't usually need to over level, because in single player games you can just turn the difficulty down to easy.

I care about the HK content because it's a reference to KotOR, and I want to experience the storyline and the new companion. You realise that optional story content is still story content, right? I'm also planning to do the FPs and possibly do each Op once, on story mode obviously.

Unfortunately I can't play the game while at school, they block the port for it. Currently I'm just near the end of chapter 1 on my first character, so I'm going to be around for a while. Hopefully by the time I finish Dragon Age 3 will be coming out and I can see if Bioware can return to their roots.

I have played many MMOs and every one that has put predominantly pve content into pvp zones has gotten **** storms to the point of the developers moving it. I'm surprised you haven't seen this reaction before since this was the 100% predictable response to this quest. The hostility is going to get much worse when this goes live too. Quickest way to turn a community into two rabid warring camps is to put pve rewards in pvp zones.

I couldn't have found better words.

Outstanding Bioware. Now troll guilds and groups will form to prevent people from getting to the vendor. Just hand the keys too the kingdom over to trolls and make griefing as easy as possible. This happened before on PVP servers when you did the Rakghoul Event in the dunesea. Now your making it so non pvpers can get trolled.
^^^This will happen for sure I seen "People" already discussing it so beware you single solo running guys there are going to be large groups out there hunting you just fare warning, me personaly (after hearing this) is going to wait a few month before even think of going for it, I would suggest everyone to do the same IMO of course....

I've never seen the point of even going there and fight in a pvp area on this MMO because you get nothing for it unlike other MMO's you went in there pvp areas at least you got quest / missions or got credit for kills (lotro) but in this game you get nothing so whats the point....

Edited by Legolose

Well, when they come out with KotOR 3 as a single player game you tell me, until then we're stuck with this. I'm only going to be around until I finish running through the 8 stories.

This is exactly why Bioware should not listen to certain players who are not here for the long term.....

I thought the first event was brillent in the fact that it brought a lot of people togeather.... Open world PvP was awesome during that event and that coming from a player who leans more towards PvE then PvP..... The only thing I would of changed with that event was to have elite containment officers patrolling the space stations killing any player that was infected, this way people had a semi safe zone and didn't have to put up with people nose diving from the upper deck to explode on them and infect them.... Other then that it was a great event...

Edited by Monoth

No it's not griefing, you go there on your own will. Wait for HK-51 a few weeks or go there during off hours, and you will likely encounter nobody.

and this is why the folks at Bioware can expect more layoffs as they shed accounts. An absolute refusal to learn from past mistakes. They are incapable/unwilling of fixing long term bugs but seem to have an flair for creating new ones.

If you want pvp, play on a pvp server. The only reason to want world pvp on a pve server is that you cant hack it on a pvp server.

Quick note on the illogical extrapolation that the possibility of griefing will lead to 24/7 inevitable griefing. This is the same kind of sky-is-falling scare approach that blind-faith political advocates fling around Facebook, and is the reason we can't have nice things (like rational discussions).

There *were* guilds trying to prevent players from completing the world events. Yep. And on PvP servers, you know what happened? It created serious, competitive PvP!! :o Thing is, HK-51 isn't a one-time event; there's no reward for griefers hanging out in Outlaw's Den, and there's no set time limit for them to play keep-away. Oh, there will *definitely* be some PvP going on when this thing goes live. Maybe even sporadically for weeks!!! But this idea that from now until the game servers are shut down in 10 years, a guild is going to camp the vendor every hour of every day--thus the innocent players of non PvP servers will never have their HK--is bunk. It's an imaginary extrapolation of a scenario that goes beyond reason. Which we call illogical.

Do Not Underestimate the Power of the Darkside!

I will be forgoing sleep to camp 24/7 taking shifts with my buddies for the next year and a half just because of this forum. The more people whine the more people will do what they whine about just to harvest their tears. Fact is I hate Warzones, they are repetitive. I much prefer open world pvp when the opportunity arises.

I loved the rakghoul event, I loved the chevin event (albeit less so for lack of world pvp besides for 1 piece). The only happy medium I can see is maybe moving it on PvE servers. But leave it where it is on PvP servers at least. We PvP server Pros arent afraid of a little challenge

The few ,the proud, the fatmen (Currently Hosted by Prophecy of Five)

and this is why the folks at Bioware can expect more layoffs as they shed accounts. An absolute refusal to learn from past mistakes. They are incapable/unwilling of fixing long term bugs but seem to have an flair for creating new ones.

If you want pvp, play on a pvp server. The only reason to want world pvp on a pve server is that you cant hack it on a pvp server.

Wait, where does a Bug come into play at all here? I do agree on the WPvP on a PvE server though :D

Also I highly doubt they will be "shedding" accounts over 1 epic quest line. WoW did many of these that required Raid Content for god sakes. This is requiring 40 people to group up to get 1 item and they turned out fine. I for one never got the "Super Amazing Epic Death Hammer" but I didn't quit because of it. I quit because I got tired of the game as a whole, mostly the leveling being duller than a cardboard knife.

I will be forgoing sleep to camp 24/7 taking shifts with my buddies for the next year and a half just because of this forum. The more people whine the more people will do what they whine about just to harvest their tears. Fact is I hate Warzones, they are repetitive. I much prefer open world pvp when the opportunity arises.

I loved the rakghoul event, I loved the chevin event (albeit less so for lack of world pvp besides for 1 piece). The only happy medium I can see is maybe moving it on PvE servers. But leave it where it is on PvP servers at least. We PvP server Pros arent afraid of a little challenge

So this is sane explanation?

I will keep my opinion on such motivation for myself... but it is pretty obvious after all :D

I will be forgoing sleep to camp 24/7 taking shifts with my buddies for the next year and a half just because of this forum.

This makes me grin with glee~

Despite the implications for the more fragile playerset, TOR will be a much better place if people actually run into each other from time to time, and have to work for what they want XD

^^^This will happen for sure I seen "People" already discussing it so beware you single solo running guys there are going to be large groups out there hunting you just fare warning, me personaly (after hearing this) is going to wait a few month before even think of going for it, I would suggest everyone to do the same IMO of course....

I've never seen the point of even going there and fight in a pvp area on this MMO because you get nothing for it unlike other MMO's you went in there pvp areas at least you got quest / missions or got credit for kills (lotro) but in this game you get nothing so whats the point....

This will happen till the servers shut down? I hardly think the sky is falling.

For most people PvP is just as important as PvE and vice versa.... I enjoy doing both and I would say the majority of players do also to cetain extents.... Having this NPC in outlaws Den will now attract a lot of people to it... As I said there are ways around it, go into the area with a big group, i'm sure there will be people forming groups outside Outlaws Den in order to safely get to the NPC.... or as i mentioned above you can wait a few days until the excitment dies down and go in there by yourself....

If all of these people secretly want to pvp in OLD, why not set up an event? Go to both fleets several times each evening and announce "pvp matchup in OLD at Saturday 12noon pacific" Come support your side. we will see how many people actually show up. Trying to use HK as bait to trick them to go there is just slimy.

This is why we don't have nice things. :rolleyes:

This is why we don't have nice things. :rolleyes:

No this is why people who encounter me can't have nice things :D

I jest however, I told my guild-mates one time I would stay on tatooine until I killed 100 pubs for every death I received when leveling. I got to about 40 kills and then I went to hutta to dance naked on tables. So adhd will be my victims biggest ally. q.q

This makes me grin with glee~

Despite the implications for the more fragile playerset, TOR will be a much better place if people actually run into each other from time to time, and have to work for what they want XD

I agree, thank god for Outlaws Den legacy travel. Despite previous statement I may just spend a few hours a day. I think a majority of the people complaining probably sit on fleet and wait for queues anyway so it will good for them to get out and see the world.

I find it hard to believe that you end game raiders cant gather up a group of 8 or more people to make a run out there. Here's an idea, schedule your next raid a half hour earlier and run out there before running your next OP. Even if there are griefers out there if you bring a big enough group it doesnt matter who is out there and you might just teach someone a lesson.

yeah dying in a video should never happen..ever..thats why they took it out..wait.no they didnt. Companies did cave to a generation of whiners and crybabies and doing so killed the games after the changes. They also saw one big success and decided to copy its model instead of going their own route and making something totally new and diff.

You must have quests / missions , you must have character lvls , you must have tank class, dmg class, heal class. because no mmo was ever made that didnt have character lvls, and specific classes...you must have instances and instanced dungeons , etc...because if you dont have instanced areas the mmo will never work..ever..

people who are broad long time mmo players will know what i'm talking about..everyone else can just eat the sarcasm.

I find it hard to believe that you end game raiders cant gather up a group of 8 or more people to make a run out there. Here's an idea, schedule your next raid a half hour earlier and run out there before running your next OP. Even if there are griefers out there if you bring a big enough group it doesnt matter who is out there and you might just teach someone a lesson.

If they bring eight we shall bring sixteen!

OUR JAWAS WILL BLOCK OUT ALL THREE SUNS!

-This Message Brought to You by the <Jawa Invasion Force> and its Allies.

This is exactly why Bioware should not listen to certain players who are not here for the long term.....

I thought the first event was brillent in the fact that it brought a lot of people togeather.... Open world PvP was awesome during that event and that coming from a player who leans more towards PvE then PvP..... The only thing I would of changed with that event was to have elite containment officers patrolling the space stations killing any player that was infected, this way people had a semi safe zone and didn't have to put up with people nose diving from the upper deck to explode on them and infect them.... Other then that it was a great event...

I can agree with all of this. Except the safe zone deal ( xD because if you wanna be safe get on your ship or find an instance..theres a million of em :) ) But cant agree more with your comment about all the complainers who dont believe the game has any real bug type issues that need fixing but want the game to go full single player so they can have the game that only they want.

Same people constantly shot down and still shoot down anyone saying there is an ability delay problem, fps problem. Everyone is lying except them. They dont realize is theyve been playing substandard , slow moving garbage games so long they dont see a lack of quality.

Its like a hoarder..they have no idea why idiots complain about a pile of garbage next to the pile of poop and dead cats in their house.

If they bring eight we shall bring sixteen!

OUR JAWAS WILL BLOCK OUT ALL THREE SUNS!

-This Message Brought to You by the <Jawa Invasion Force> and its Allies.

I like this and your previous statement. I dont pvp because i find battleground, warzone, whatever you wanna call it pvp..garbage so i do the pve thing. But events and this hk quest thing would make me show up and camp just because i know it would make someone mad.

Yep that would be my only reason because i enjoy making people mad...over the internet xD