HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

Instance 1 and 2 of Tat had groups of griefing Imps (of course) when I tried. Instance 3 was full of people who just wanted the part and waved at each other.

I got ganked pretty hard the first 2 times I tried for it. I have BM gear but lost my taste for PvP at that point so I never got WH... but I'm not sure that matters when a group of 8 descends on you.

For all who are saying you can "corpse walk" after getting ganked: no, you can not. You go back to the nearest medcenter.

Still, I had it in 15-20 minutes, minimal fuss. It was more frustrating searching for the parts on Coruscant (about 1 hour & 15) and Taris (30-45 minutes). I lucked out BIG TIME on Hoth and literally rolled right up on the scene of the part getting unearthed. Took me exactly as long to get the part as it does to get to the shipwreck :D. Similar, but not quite AS lucky experience on DK as someone called out "within 25m" right when i got there and I found him and then unearthed the part on my second scan.

Honestly, I'm done with PvP until something can be done about the stun-fest... which will probably never happen... but I didn't care about the Outlaw's Den part at all. If it hadn't worked out, I could just wait for an off hour and/or sneak in with a stealther. The wrapped part is BoL, after all. The biggest problem I see with repeating this on alts is probably going to be the scan & dig parts if I wait too long and there aren't 50 people calling out coordinates.

This quest is meant to be a "Tour de TOR", and I don't disagree with any of its requirements. An HK should take some work to acquire. I just wish that the vendor was a "safe" zone so that the griefers couldn't stop you from getting the part if you get to him. I got the window open on one of the camped instances, but couldn't click fast enough to buy.

And really? People don't see how his crafting bonus helps PvPers? :rolleyes:

tl:dr:

1) Check instances. There might be reasonable people on another one. Worked for me, and I'm a PvE'er

2) You can NOT "corpse walk" in. You go back to the medcenter.

3) This is an epic, but optional companion and people should have to step out of their comfort zone to get him.

4) Crafting is for PvP, too. Get real. :p

I dont disagree with it should be hard for the hk but you shouldnt have to deal with getting killed over and over from other players to get it.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you can wait until people get bored from it. Outlaw Den will be a ghost town soon enough.

I agree If they want to promote open pvp they should do something else, like giving pvp comms when you kill someone in an open pvp?

Or just change it so your flag dont go off if you dont want it too, and give the players who want that type of pvp like 2 times the coms who turn on the flag and pvp

Maybe you can wait until people get bored from it. Outlaw Den will be a ghost town soon enough.

I agree If they want to promote open pvp they should do something else, like giving pvp comms when you kill someone in an open pvp?

And I am waiting but I herd and seen my guild mates go thought the bs of gettting killed bye a big goup of people just camping right there

And again this shows why others don't PvP or in some cases don't even like multiplayer games at all: because some other people suck and make life less fun. I have to deal with enough of them with no choice, nevermind paying for the displeasure of doing so.

My mind has NOT changed. My position form the start is not feeling like my choices were respected because I was being forced into a gameplay style that I deliberately chose to not participae in and that had been accordingly kept separate. The option I just pointed out echoed that same position: it would still respect my decision to not PvP while at the same time fuilfilling EA's goal of trying to get more people to try it.

I have PvP'd plenty in the past. I have no more desire to do so, and any game I feel is coralling me into it will not get my business.

Please explain how you have no choice to not PvP in this game? Did you complain since the release of this game that there's a part of the map you can't get to w/out being flagged for PvP and you didn't roll on a PvE server to have to be flagged PvP? Probably not. No, now it's just because there's something you want that you have a choice that you don't like... now that's when you complain.

11/15, 10pm, Outlaws Den.

I’m not a PvPer. I don’t do it as a general rule. So… I was a little hesitant going in knowing that griefers would be out in full force near the Outlaws Den. And as we approached the nearest outpost, I’m running the HK hunt with a few guildies, we were invited into an Ops group of more than 16 players. This confirmed my fears. Getting this part was going to be a debacle.

You see, the Imps had camped near the entrance to Outlaws Den and had literally taken over the area. No pubs could get in, even in coordinated groups. But the Pub players had had enough and were gathering in full force. After a few messages in chat, we met at the outpost and started to make our way to the Den as a group. And… it was an awesome sight. Our little rag tag army of Pubs, all with different speeders and gear, were cruising in like an invasion. I had a huge grin on my face despite reminding myself that as a PVE player this was not what I had signed up for.

The music, the atmosphere, the noise from the speeders, hell, everything amped up the anticipation of the impending battle. Speilberg couldn’t have orchestrated a more drama! :D And suddenly, there they were. The the enemy. Similar in size to our group, they were ready for our onslaught. They had made their preparations. We stopped and gathered a short distance away and made our own final adjustments.

Then suddenly, like a scene right out of Brave Heart, we charged! The fight was epic. The combatants ran forward and clashed head on. I was hitting everything in sight, but focused on their healers as planned. We held our own, and sure enough, after a bit of ebb and flow, we got the better of them. In a last desperate act, they turned tail and ran! And we chased them down until there was nothing left but clean Tatooine sand.

From there, we took care of our business with the vendor. We split up in to two groups with one defending the vendor and the other, after getting their wares, engaging the imps as they tried sneak attacks. After everyone had their parts we gathered and left in mass with party Jawa’s flying everywhere.

PvErs, trust me, you will love these moments. There are plenty of PvPers from your own faction that are willing to fight for your right (to party lol). And they will be hanging out near the Outlaws Den this weekend. If you get griefed join a group. If one isn't available start an Ops group. It is an incredible experience even for those that don’t like PvP. I promise you, it is a great addition to your PVE story. It was a debacle. The best kind of debacle I could have ever imagined. :)

Edited by Rafaman

The biggest problem I see with repeating this on alts is probably going to be the scan & dig parts if I wait too long and there aren't 50 people calling out coordinates.

After you get it once, on either faction, you can spend cartel points for the HK perk, under char perks.

I have to say, HK, in lvl 50 armorings on Tython with my fresh new Guardian...

Epic

Please explain how you have no choice to not PvP in this game? Did you complain since the release of this game that there's a part of the map you can't get to w/out being flagged for PvP and you didn't roll on a PvE server to have to be flagged PvP? Probably not. No, now it's just because there's something you want that you have a choice that you don't like... now that's when you complain.

There has been very little new content in this game. HK-51 is one of the most significant new things added content-wise, but it forces me to a style of play that I refuse to do. And so I won't. And that's why I have unsubbed.

Lol yea but they stop at level 10 and you can pvp the rest of your game life with out any pve now other this dam quest >.<

Doesn't matter. The fact is neither style (pvp or pve) is free from the other. And you're really stacking time against time... you spend more time getting to level 10 then you do buying an item from outlaw's den.

There has been very little new content in this game. HK-51 is one of the most significant new things added content-wise, but it forces me to a style of play that I refuse to do. And so I won't. And that's why I have unsubbed.

You don't understand what "forces" means do you? You have a choice: PvP to get HK-51 or not get him. Don't try to avoid taking blame in this scenario as if you're blameless. You choose not to PvP, but yet you want HK-51. Stop playing a victim.

People in the US with your mentality should straight up move out of the country if there candidate didn't win the election because "I didn't vote for this guy in charge. Why should I have to listen to him? I'm moving!"

Edited by Lostpenguins

Doesn't matter. The fact is neither style (pvp or pve) is free from the other. And you're really stacking time against time... you spend more time getting to level 10 then you do buying an item from outlaw's den.

Lol but the thing is you shouldnt have to pvp if you dont want to pvp, wow dont force you to pvp, dcuo dont force to pvpv, ff11 and 14 dont force you to pvp for quest items why dose swtor?

Lol but the thing is you shouldnt have to pvp if you dont want to pvp, wow dont force you to pvp, dcuo dont force to pvpv, ff11 and 14 dont force you to pvp for quest items why dose swtor?

Actually, WoW does force you to do a little PvP for some of their seasonal events, and that generates more complaints than anything else except the constant drone about class balance issues.

Um... you seem to accept my side of the argument... but then completely ignore it. Once again, you seem to accept that you need to PvE to PvP. Yet, you don't want to PvP to PvE. That's being a bit biased. It's basically okay for something being unfair until it affects you. Thus I don't your fighting to be for the sake of fairness... you're only fighting for your own entitlement.

Edited by Lostpenguins

your fault for not going right when servers came up. it was new and fresh so while there were tons of TEF'd players all around me everyone cooperated and left each other alone and just surveyed. when one person found it they called our coordinates and waited til everyone arrived and then popped the vendor so we could all get our item.

i play on a pvp server to boot so it's not just the outlaw den part, but every one of the survey spots were TEF-fest.

a few days from now i imagine it will be more pvp and griefing and less teamwork so if you didn't go when servers first came online on 11/15 you're likely going to kick yourself while releasing and running back ;)

I'm with you op. I'm not a pvp person at all, and the most fun I had was pvping in the outlaw den during the Rakghoul invasion. All people have to do is try to have fun, try something different, try a different way to approach th game. All it's going to take is 30 mins of your time doing something different.

You don't have to do it forever. Just give it a go. I you really wantto avoid it, just go very late at night or very early in the morning.

Edit- I put this In another thread and it got moved here. Different op.

Edited by MrSchmo

Um... you seem to accept my side of the argument... but then completely ignore it. Once again, you seem to accept that you need to PvE to PvP. Yet, you don't want to PvP to PvE. That's being a bit biased. It's basically okay for something being unfair until it affects you. Thus I don't your fighting for the sake of fairness... you're only fighting for your own entitlement.

No I am not being biased. Mmo's are about pve with pvp in it. 99.9% of the stuff in mmo are pve. If you just wnat to pvp there are better stuff you can do like go play a sport game, or a fps

Actually, WoW does force you to do a little PvP for some of their seasonal events, and that generates more complaints than anything else except the constant drone about class balance issues.

Nothing is FORCED in WoW. Those are still OPTIONAL. You don't HAVE to get the Achievements if you don't want to do what is required. The same goes for HK-51. It is OPTIONAL as it has been stated ad nauseum in this thread.

OPTIONAL

OPTIONAL

OPTIONAL

OPTIONAL

:p

Um no they dont now, I am a active player and not one min have they forced me to pvp at all other then there mini pokemon type game now

No I am not being biased. Mmo's are about pve with pvp in it. 99.9% of the stuff in mmo are pve. If you just wnat to pvp there are better stuff you can do like go play a sport game, or a fps

Um... yeah. See this entire statement is biased. It doesn't matter that there's other games they could play. The fact is they do advertise this game as being one in which you can PvP. They have items around it. They have a development team for it. So just because you don't care for the PvP doesn't negate the fact that there is a PvP element in this game.

Btw... please don't say "99.9%"... it's hard to take you seriously when you fabricate numbers to serve your agenda. Basically, that statement right there sums up my point: Stop exaggerating just because you don't want to do something.

Um... yeah. See this entire statement is biased. It doesn't matter that there's other games they could play. The fact is they do advertise this game as being one in which you can PvP. They have items around it. They have a development team for it. So just because you don't care for the PvP doesn't negate the fact that there is a PvP element in this game.

Btw... please don't say "99.9%"... it's hard to take you seriously when you fabricate numbers to serve your agenda. Basically, that statement right there sums up my point: Stop exaggerating just because you don't want to do something.

Um... mmo are about pve, its about the story, what hapens to your toon, what happens when you beat a dlc, what happens when you beat a raid boss. Not about beating anther player. They add that stuff in to give you something to do when you get bord with the pve. And some even let you pvp most if not all the way to the max level but you miss the story with is pve