HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

I like this and your previous statement. I dont pvp because i find battleground, warzone, whatever you wanna call it pvp..garbage so i do the pve thing. But events and this hk quest thing would make me show up and camp just because i know it would make someone mad.

Yep that would be my only reason because i enjoy making people mad...over the internet xD

Maybe see a psychiatrist in real :rak_02::D

Edited by morfius

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be nearly as excited to camp the vendor in the outlaws den if this thread wasn't 39 pages long!

Amazing, PVP players everyone. Apparently they only have fun when they're annoying others.

Well, luckily I play when my server is fairly dead, otherwise I might have to deal with one of you poor excuses for humans.

level a stealth class up to about 25 (or even lower, I think I first went to the dune sea on my op when she was about lvl 20 for the rakghoul event)

travel to the outlaw's den at 5 am on a week day (thursday is probably best)

tada... no pvp.

I dont think theres any pvp at outlaws den... ever.

I wouldn't be nearly as excited to camp the vendor in the outlaws den if this thread wasn't 39 pages long!

I don't PVP at all, and had to look over my shoulder in Outlaw's Den while waiting for the speeder vendors to respawn, but that comment brought a chuckle out of me. :D

I agree, putting the item necessary for the quest into open PvP area is stupid. I do not care about PvP myself. I've done it plenty in several previous MMO's and the verdict is the same for it all - it's boring and annoying. And no matter what anyone says here, PvP in MMO's brings out the worst in many people. The fact that they can do something to mess things up is enough for most of them to do it, not one of them will ever think whether they actually should do it. Never was the case in any other MMO (and I've 18 years of MMO's under my belt, so to say) and this one is no different. And now BW is literally FORCING many people into the content they don't give a rat's tail about. What the heck is this? There are MANY customers who do not care and never did care and never will care about the PvP in this game and it makes no sense whatsoever to literally force this on those paying customers.

I read a very similar thread people were complaining about it's PVE requirement. You have to do a Hard Mode to complete the chain of quests and it looks like you have to do a PVP. My question is. If they ignored the thread that was the biggest concern for weeks.

ROFLMAO!!!

Now thats SPIN SPIN SPIN at its grandest!

That thread you read (really was 4 threads) WERE CREATED BY YOU and it wasnt a big concern to anyone BUT YOU!

In fact in all the threads people basically just told you to stop spamming the forums with new threads.

Yikes kid, get over yourself.

Just because you made multiple threads complaining about the flashpoint requirement doesnt make it the biggest concern for weeks.

NO ONE AGREED WITH YOU

Seriously, you really think anyone (much less EA) will take anything you say seriously when you do this type of stuff?

Hilarious!

Thanks for the laugh!

I love it! This reminds me of SWG way back when the Jinzu lightsaber dropped from the emporer's hand in Restuss (the PvP zone). Nothing makes me enjoy playing more than carebears pleading with me that they "just want to get the item, oh please oh please let me get the item." I can't wait to go camping!!!!!!!

As for all the people saying that Bioware is forcing you to PvP, stop crying. I've been forced to PvE, and watch the same conversation 100000000 times in flashpoints because you want to RP a different perspective this time or whatever you're doing when you won't hit the spacebar.

TLDR: The harder you whine the more I'll enjoy killing you.

Edit: Who wants to grind an alt to 50 on a PVE server with me? :)

Edited by AkenoOuhatch

I still don't get any sane explanation... !?

At least why is all this about a simple vendor.

It would be lot better if it was PvP quest/s that provide same item that come from HM FP we have in chain.

Now it is simply - let see how many campers/gankers we have on PvE servers.

As I told no sane explanation, what exactly some players will "win" with blocking others, there is no such thing except pure offender joy.

Did I wrote about bad setup...

P.S. Some of posters here just said they would became in game trolls... maybe have to find lecture about trolling motivation and post it here :cool:

Edited by morfius

...SNIP...

Personally I agreed with him, requiring a hardmode flashpoint is stupid. If they want something to be some very difficult to aquire item it should be something completely useless, a pure vanity item. Not a companion, who is not only a reference to KotOR, but has a little story section tied to him.

I love it! This reminds me of SWG way back when the Jinzu lightsaber dropped from the emporer's hand in Restuss (the PvP zone). Nothing makes me enjoy playing more than carebears pleading with me that they "just want to get the item, oh please oh please let me get the item." I can't wait to go camping!!!!!!!

As for all the people saying that Bioware is forcing you to PvP, stop crying. I've been forced to PvE, and watch the same conversation 100000000 times in flashpoints because you want to RP a different perspective this time or whatever you're doing when you won't hit the spacebar.

Oh look, another bullying PvP player. I'm starting to wonder if there are any that aren't ******es.

As for the spacebar thing if you weren't an ******e you'd calmy ask at the beginning of the FP if it was okay for everyone to spacebar this time. I've found that being polite and respectful helps a lot in dealing with people. But I guess that's a little to much for such a person. I'm guessing you're American.

Edited by Revanchis

Seeing people complain about stuff like this makes me want to find you on your server and camp you for weeks. Your selfish complaining is ruining this game and its fun for everyone. Go play Viva Pinata trouble in paradise island if you don't want PVP.

Try your selfish playstyle is pissing everyone off. We just want to mind our own business and quest and not be ganked by random ******es. Go start a fight club if you want to hurt people, and let people enjoy things in peace.

I loved that Restuss Event back in SWG. Sure we crashed a lot of the servers during the main event and could not do much that first night, but that place was some fun content. There was a lot of fun PVP there. They did that right back then and it worked great.

Of course the content and the way they gave incentives for that PVP was different from what we see here. What we have here is a Companion which is a lot different from a piece of gear like Armor or Weapons such as the Jinzu Lightsaber. In fact I believe I mentioned earlier that better gear such as weapons or armor make better incentives for PVP.

You know if it was anything other than a Companion this would have never hit my radar and I would have never posted this thread.

I still don't get any sane explanation... !?

At least why is all this about a simple vendor.

It would be lot better if it was PvP quest/s that provide same item that come from HM FP we have in chain.

Now it is simply - let see how many campers/gankers we have on PvE servers.

As I told no sane explanation, what exactly some players will "win" with blocking others, there is no such thing except pure offender joy.

Did I wrote about bad setup...

P.S. Some of posters here just said they would became in game trolls... maybe have to find lecture about trolling motivation and post it here :cool:

I see that you sort of asked why is all this about a simple vendor? Which I am sure you already know based on what you said. But I thought I would reply about why I made the thread anyways since that question was brought back up.

It is not really about the Vendor himself it is about where the Vendor is located. The HK-51 Companion is desired by a lot of players of all types, many of which do not want to deal with any form of PVP. On top of that Companions are a main feature of the game that deal mainly with PVE content. Knowing this is why I have created this thread and the thread in the PTS Section suggesting that they think about moving it.

You see I view it like this. It is about putting a part of the Quest for the HK-51 being in a PVP Zone which makes a player put themselves in a PVP Situation. That to me is a bad choice as the Companion Feature of the game is so much more than just Gear or Novelty items. BioWare knows that many PVE Players will want this part of the game and for them to do this is BioWare forcing those players to choose between putting themselves in a PVP Situation or not going to the Vendor.

I am against any form of Forced PVP and that is where my views on this stem from.

I am in no way against PVP. I do like PVP and do PVP from time to time. I also want to see PVP improved in many ways.

I just think that there are a lot better ways for BioWare to promote PVP and offer better incentives for people to visit such PVP Zones. Companions, being such a major feature of the game that mainly deals with PVE, is not one of those ways to promote PVP or offer incentive to visit a PVP area.

Edited by WarbNull

Seeing people complain about stuff like this makes me want to find you on your server and camp you for weeks. Your selfish complaining is ruining this game and its fun for everyone. Go play Viva Pinata trouble in paradise island if you don't want PVP.

How about this... go play an online FPS game if you want to PvP?

A lot of people don't want to PvP at all or prefer structured PvP (warzones) to the gankfest known as free for all/world-PvP. We roll on PvE servers for a reason after all and sending us into a PvP area to acquire a companion that is used for PvE is just odd.

OMG you've been forced to PvE in an MMORPG?! How dare they!

PvE is the core of an MMORPG like it or not, you're not going to drive in a world empty of mobs, PvE is everywhere that's just the way it is. PvP on the other hand is an option and should remain this way.

You're not playing some MMOFPS where PvP as a core element can work.

Edited by demotivator

How about this... go play an online FPS game if you want to PvP?

A lot of people don't want to PvP at all or prefer structured PvP (warzones) to the gankfest known as free for all/world-PvP. We roll on PvE servers for a reason after all and sending us into a PvP area to acquire a companion that is used for PvE is just odd.

How about this... go play an offline game if you want to solo. You guys are whining over nothing. It will take you 10 minutes to go get the stupid item. If you die big deal, you wont even get a repair bill. Just a lost 5 minutes of time.

Well just so both sides are represented. I'm a pvp'er and hate the fact that I'll have to raid to get HK. Honestly they should have made it hard and annoying as hell but left the raiding and pvp both out of it.

You dont have to raid to get HK. Duo with someone and your companions and go do a 20 minute instance. Big woop.

How about this... go play an offline game if you want to solo. You guys are whining over nothing. It will take you 10 minutes to go get the stupid item. If you die big deal, you wont even get a repair bill. Just a lost 5 minutes of time.

Who said anything about solo'ing. He said he didn't want to be ganked by some PvP ******e. He never said he had a problem with playing cooperatively with people.

Is that all it is? I have no idea how any of the pve instances work :) Awesome news though, thanks.

Yeah its a 4 man flashpoint not an Operation. If you got a good partner you can duo it pretty easy. You might die a few times figuring out some of the encounters.